PDA

View Full Version : Obama Under 30?. You are on your own

HonestChieffan
02-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Hopey Changey gets real.

Y'all got sukered

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2011/02/obama-to-the-obama-generation-youre-on-your-own.html

Chiefshrink
02-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Hopey Changey gets real.

Y'all got sukered

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2011/02/obama-to-the-obama-generation-youre-on-your-own.html

Yeah, we older folk are just "dumbshits" who don't know any better but 'dadgum' the youth of today are just smart as hell!!!:thumb:

What was Churchill's line?

"If you are not liberal when you are 20yrs old then you have no heart and if you are 40yrs old and are not a "conservative" then you have no brain."

Something like that.

Jenson71
02-15-2011, 05:15 AM
Yeah, we older folk are just "dumbshits" who don't know any better but 'dadgum' the youth of today are just smart as hell!!!:thumb:

What was Churchill's line?

"If you are not liberal when you are 20yrs old then you have no heart and if you are 40yrs old and are not a "conservative" then you have no brain."

Something like that.

:spock:

Amnorix
02-15-2011, 05:56 AM

Well, he's "quoting" Churchill correctly, more or less, though that particular quote has been attributed to many people, and no one that was actually famous to us today has been proven to have said it.

See my sig.

fan4ever
02-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I was going to quote this once and decided to due my homework and found that there is no evidence Churchill ever said this...

...true though. ;>)

Chiefshrink
02-15-2011, 09:10 PM

By the time you hit 40 Jenson71 I still expect you to have no brain. I can count on that:thumb:

|Zach|
02-15-2011, 09:17 PM
I have been on my own no matter who the President is or will be.

Chiefshrink
02-15-2011, 09:22 PM

Damn, you are sounding like a 'conservative'! Are you ok?:shrug:

BucEyedPea
02-15-2011, 09:27 PM
By the time you hit 40 Jenson71 I still expect you to have no brain. I can count on that:thumb:

He'll be one of those scarecrows not in Kansas but in Iowa. Maybe a new children's classic will develop this century.

BucEyedPea
02-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I was going to quote this once and decided to due my homework and found that there is no evidence Churchill ever said this...

...true though. ;>)

Did you know Marie Antoinette never said, "Let them eat cake!" either?

Chiefshrink
02-15-2011, 09:35 PM
He'll be one of those scarecrows not in Kansas but in Iowa. Maybe a new children's classic will develop this century.

ROFL

|Zach|
02-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Damn, you are sounding like a 'conservative'! Are you ok?:shrug:

I have always been this way. You just have a knack for rejecting reality and inserting your own fantasy and paranoia into life.

Chiefshrink
02-15-2011, 10:06 PM
I have always been this way. You just have a knack for rejecting reality and inserting your own fantasy and paranoia into life.

Nope, you are still a Progressive Liberal because you are actually describing what Progressive Liberals do:thumb: I thought for a moment you might be seeing the light:D

|Zach|
02-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Nope, you are still a Progressive Liberal because you are actually describing what Progressive Liberals do:thumb: I thought for a moment you might be seeing the light:D

Hey this is your fantasy. I am just a character in it.

Bewbies
02-15-2011, 11:41 PM

:thumb:

I would let the gov't keep every single dime I've put into SS if they would let me opt out. No "security blanket" for me later, no "slush fund" confiscated from me ever again.

That's a deal I'd make in a heartbeat.