PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Budget Cuts are Racially Motivated

HonestChieffan
02-17-2011, 08:17 PM
You knew this was coming. If its not good enough to politicize every budget move R vs D, here comes the team to make all budget cuts racial.

These people are despicable.
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/144873-black-caucus-draconian-spending-cuts-will-harm-minorities-most-

(The Hill)- “Draconian” budget cuts proposed by both House Republicans and President Obama will hit minority communities the hardest and should be rolled back, leaders of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) warned this week.

The reductions – targeting programs as diverse as energy subsidies, neighborhood grants and tuition assistance — would only exacerbate the economic troubles of low-income communities at a time when minority unemployment is already much worse than the national average, the lawmakers said.

They’re calling on both Congress and the White House to seek cuts where they can be better absorbed.

“Draconian austerity measures will directly impact and harm our communities,” Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.), the CBC chairman, told reporters in the Capitol this week. “I tend not to think that we ought to be fair. I think that gets us in trouble, because the poorest people should not have to pay the same price as, for example, the Wall Street barons that got us in trouble.”

Another CBC member, Rep. Marcia Fudge (D-Ohio), echoed that sentiment, warning that the proposed cuts would “give a pink slip to hundreds of thousands of Americans.”

“If no one speaks for the least and the last, we will do it” Fudge said.

LaDairis
02-17-2011, 08:22 PM
There are plenty of people claiming

"denial of climate change"

is also "racist," despite the fact that nobody denies climate change... but rather Al Gore's Global Warming FRAUD...

dirk digler
02-17-2011, 08:25 PM
hcf there isn't one quote in this article that says they believe this is racially motivated. They are talking about the poor and minorities.

HonestChieffan
02-17-2011, 08:35 PM
hcf there isn't one quote in this article that says they believe this is racially motivated. They are talking about the poor and minorities.

Oh excuse me. I was swayed by the "Congressional Black Caucus". Geeze. My bad.

dirk digler
02-17-2011, 08:41 PM
Oh excuse me. I was swayed by the "Congressional Black Caucus". Geeze. My bad.

You're excused

googlegoogle
02-17-2011, 09:12 PM
LOL.

Exactly who do they think they're fooling?

alnorth
02-17-2011, 09:47 PM
I recommend that every politician on the federal, state, or local level who realizes a need to cut spending carry around a digital recorder with the ability to play back at least two sound clips. The first clip is someone saying sternly "I'm sorry, but we just can't afford it" The second, with several pauses for emphasis, will be a clip of someone shouting into the microphone: "WE...CAN'T...AFFORD....IT!!!!"

politician giving a sobering speech about needed cuts: and now, if there are any questions...

teacher: sir, you have proposed a wage freeze, that I pay for half my retirement, and up to a third of my health care costs. I only make 45 grand a year. How do you expect me to live when I have to pay all these extra costs and...

politician, holding up the recorder, pressing play: "I'm sorry, but we just can't afford it"

teacher: Come on sir, thats just unreasonable. WE teach your children to succeed in the future, I'm sure there are many wealthy people out there, even in these tough times, who could...

politician, pressing the second play button: "WE...CAN'T...AFFORD....IT!!!!" Thank you, any other questions?