PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues Winston Churchill on Islam

Norman Einstein
02-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Winston Churchill on Islam (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1592070/posts)

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.

The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live.

A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it.

No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome.

listopencil
02-18-2011, 03:22 PM
"...and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome."

What an interesting quote, from a fascinating man. If I understand him correctly he suggests that Christianity is protected by the rational good intent of the Western world. This would seem to agree with my impression that this is one of the most basic differences between the US and Muslim countries. That we refuse to allow the authority of the Church to be applied to the power of the State.

Norman Einstein
02-18-2011, 03:40 PM
"...and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome."

What an interesting quote, from a fascinating man. If I understand him correctly he suggests that Christianity is protected by the rational good intent of the Western world. This would seem to agree with my impression that this is one of the most basic differences between the US and Muslim countries. That we refuse to allow the authority of the Church to be applied to the power of the State.

It's obvious that Churchill was a man far ahead of his time. What saddens me is that with the current administration we stand the chance of Islam getting their way and introducing Sharia Law into our set of laws. Should that happen it would open the door for any "recognized" religion to petition the government to have their set of laws supersede the standing laws of the nation.

Oklahoma voted down the inclusion of Sharia Law by popular vote. A muslim filed a lawsuit and the vote has been suspended. It seems the courts are doing their damnedest to circumvent the will of the people.

The next few years in the U.S. will tell us what form of government we will have. A benevolent dictator, a president elected by the people or we will be ruled by a Muslim state.

Bowser
02-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Tom, could you link to the story about Sharia Law trying to be included into Oklahoma? Haven't heard anything about that, and I'm curious to read about it before I make conclusions.

Norman Einstein
02-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Tom, could you link to the story about Sharia Law trying to be included into Oklahoma? Haven't heard anything about that, and I'm curious to read about it before I make conclusions.

I suppose you've never used google? (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/5332-federal-judge-blocks-oklahoma-shariah-law-ban)

Bowser
02-18-2011, 04:36 PM
I suppose you've never used google? (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/5332-federal-judge-blocks-oklahoma-shariah-law-ban)

Thanks. And I've used Google plenty of times, I just wanted you to do my legwork for me.

So if I'm reading this article correctly, by the letter Sharia isn't a "law", but rather a collective of religious beliefs, and that the plaintiff is somehow thinking they can run an end around the system by using the First Amendment? What a waste of time and taxpayer's money.

Norman Einstein
02-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Thanks. And I've used Google plenty of times, I just wanted you to do my legwork for me.

So if I'm reading this article correctly, by the letter Sharia isn't a "law", but rather a collective of religious beliefs, and that the plaintiff is somehow thinking they can run an end around the system by using the First Amendment? What a waste of time and taxpayer's money.

In other words you are a lazy bum that doesn't have the gumption to check something, but find joy being an ass. fits you to a "t".

You obviously have little knowledge of what sharia law is, not only has the muslims tried to get it into different areas of the country, they have also made their attempts to have it included into the U.S. Code where a muslim cleric can punish a muslim in the U.S. and circumvent U.S. laws, such as Miranda and allow a man to kill his wife freely if she is raped.

Your obvious ignorance of what's being attempted just shows that you cannot and do not give a shit about keeping the U.S. free. Nice going bowser.

orange
02-18-2011, 07:46 PM
"The truth is," Churchill declared, "that Gandhi-ism and all it stands for will, sooner or later, have to be grappled with and finally crushed."

Churchill, a real man of the people.

http://books.google.com/books?id=gFTbrhMzdZEC&pg=PA498&lpg=PA498&dq=Gandhi-ism+and+all+it+stands+for+will,+sooner+or+later,+have+to+be+crushed&source=bl&ots=XcF3NVLYhU&sig=LrKz5uQWuOJbD8xjpQdiRlP_aNY&hl=en&ei=JyBfTZz5KYbGlQeUhumLDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Gandhi-ism%20and%20all%20it%20stands%20for%20will%2C%20sooner%20or%20later%2C%20have%20to%20be%20crushed&f=false

We should care what he said why?

KILLER_CLOWN
02-18-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm as scared of Islam as i am of the Ishtar bunny. Any believing Christian who thinks Islam is a danger had better reread The KJV.

Bowser
02-18-2011, 08:40 PM
In other words you are a lazy bum that doesn't have the gumption to check something, but find joy being an ass. fits you to a "t".

You obviously have little knowledge of what sharia law is, not only has the muslims tried to get it into different areas of the country, they have also made their attempts to have it included into the U.S. Code where a muslim cleric can punish a muslim in the U.S. and circumvent U.S. laws, such as Miranda and allow a man to kill his wife freely if she is raped.

Your obvious ignorance of what's being attempted just shows that you cannot and do not give a shit about keeping the U.S. free. Nice going bowser.

Yeah, they've made such a big splash with their attempts that this is the first I've heard of it. Doesn't suprise me though. I stand by my statement that it's a waste of time and taxpayer money to go through these motions to think they can implement these "laws".

And call me all the names you want, Gash. I still made you my errand boy. LOL @ you, loser.

Jenson71
02-18-2011, 09:00 PM
He wrote that when he was a pampered 24 year old, so by chiefsplanet standards, it's irrelevant.

Norman Einstein
02-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Yeah, they've made such a big splash with their attempts that this is the first I've heard of it. Doesn't suprise me though. I stand by my statement that it's a waste of time and taxpayer money to go through these motions to think they can implement these "laws".

And call me all the names you want, Gash. I still made you my errand boy. LOL @ you, loser.

I'm a loser? You haven't heard about Muslims attempting to get Sharia Law instilled into the laws of the United States?

You don't think it can happen, but you are one of the dolts that didn't think a non-American could be elected president of the U.S.

As losers go, you are truly one. In the dictionary when you look up loser your picture, your home address and phone numbers are listed.

You are so far in the dark that you wouldn't know which way was up if the sun didn't rise in the East.

Jenson71
02-18-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm a loser? You haven't heard about Muslims attempting to get Sharia Law instilled into the laws of the United States?

You don't think it can happen, but you are one of the dolts that didn't think a non-American could be elected president of the U.S.

As losers go, you are truly one. In the dictionary when you look up loser your picture, your home address and phone numbers are listed.

You are so far in the dark that you wouldn't know which way was up if the sun didn't rise in the East.

Insurance quote for our posterity.

BucEyedPea
02-19-2011, 06:55 AM
"The truth is," Churchill declared, "that Gandhi-ism and all it stands for will, sooner or later, have to be grappled with and finally crushed."

Churchill, a real man of the people.

http://books.google.com/books?id=gFTbrhMzdZEC&pg=PA498&lpg=PA498&dq=Gandhi-ism+and+all+it+stands+for+will,+sooner+or+later,+have+to+be+crushed&source=bl&ots=XcF3NVLYhU&sig=LrKz5uQWuOJbD8xjpQdiRlP_aNY&hl=en&ei=JyBfTZz5KYbGlQeUhumLDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Gandhi-ism%20and%20all%20it%20stands%20for%20will%2C%20sooner%20or%20later%2C%20have%20to%20be%20crushed&f=false

We should care what he said why?

Unbelievable. He was an Imperialist to the core and a snake about going about it.
Gandhi ended Churchill's beloved empire with peaceful disobedience.

BucEyedPea
02-19-2011, 06:56 AM
-I'm as scared of Islam as i am of the Ishtar bunny. Any believing Christian who thinks Islam is a danger had better reread The Douay-Rheims bible.

FYP :D

LaDairis
02-19-2011, 07:04 AM
and we did have that "discussion" here about just how many wars Iran and "islam" have started.

FIXED had some truly nauseating policy-ad on last night about how we should do everything possible to get rid of Ahmadinejad...

SIMPLE - go back in time one decade and OFF W before W's multiple counts of treason installs him...

nstygma
02-20-2011, 03:03 PM
and we did have that "discussion" here about just how many wars Iran and "islam" have started.

FIXED had some truly nauseating policy-ad on last night about how we should do everything possible to get rid of Ahmadinejad...

SIMPLE - go back in time one decade and OFF W before W's multiple counts of treason installs him...does Ahmadinejad want to start a world war to usher in the 12th Imam?

Norman Einstein
02-21-2011, 06:44 AM
Insurance quote for our posterity.The epic loser comment must have struck a chord with you. Your point of view, even though loaded with many words, none of them are from a knowledgeable source. Virtually everything you believe has been drilled into your head by liberal outlets.

The world will be worse off when you are of age and attempting to function as an adult.

Jenson71
02-21-2011, 08:21 AM
The epic loser comment must have struck a chord with you. Your point of view, even though loaded with many words, none of them are from a knowledgeable source. Virtually everything you believe has been drilled into your head by liberal outlets.

The world will be worse off when you are of age and attempting to function as an adult.

You're just the little gift that keeps on giving.

Jaric
02-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Men have been misreading religious texts for centuries. I don't see how Muslims doing it now is any different than the last 2-3 thousand years of recorded history.

Hell, Agemennon killed his own daughter to make the winds blow because he thought the gods told him to do it. I'd argue we get the point of religions wrong more often than we get them right.

EDIT: And that takes nothing away from Winston Churchill. All of Europe may be speaking German right now if it weren't for him. But even great men can be wrong at times.