PDA

View Full Version : News American Warship shadowing Somali Pirates holding 4 American Hostages

Hog Farmer
02-21-2011, 08:00 AM
I just don't think this will end good .

For the pirates!

Africa
Warship Shadowing Somali Pirates Who Captured Four Americans

Published February 20, 2011
| Associated Press

MOGADISHU, Somalia -- A warship is shadowing a yacht with four Americans on board that was hijacked by Somali pirates, a pirate said Sunday, as the vessel was reported to be moving closer to the Somali coast.

The yacht Quest was hijacked on Friday off the coast of Oman, but is now in the waters between Yemen and northern Somalia, two pirates and a Somali government official told The Associated Press.

One pirate who gave his name only as Hassan said a warship with a helicopter on its deck is near the Quest.

The pirate's claim could not be independently verified, and U.S. officials on Sunday did not release any information about the yacht. A U.S. Embassy spokesman on Saturday said officials were assessing options and "possible responses."

Hassan told the AP he is speaking directly with the pirates aboard the hijacked yacht. A second pirate who gave his name as Bile Hussein and a Somali official in Puntland who asked not to be named both said the Quest is in between Yemen and Somalia and heading closer to Puntland, a haven for pirates on Somalia's northern tip.

In New York, the first secretary of Somalia's U.N. Mission, Omar Jamal, said he had received reports from Somalia that the boat was expected to make landfall late Sunday.

Pirates have increased attacks on ships off the coast of East Africa, but Americans have rarely been targeted. The last attack against a U.S. crew -- in 2009 -- ended with Navy sharpshooters killing two pirates and rescuing the ship's captain.

If the Quest reaches Somalia's shores the four American hostages would likely be taken inland, where a fast resolution is much less likely. A British sailing couple who were released in November spent 388 days in pirate captivity.

The organizers of an international yacht race called the Blue Water Rally said the Quest had been taking part in the race but left it Feb. 15 to chart an independent course from India to Oman.

The Quest is owned by Scott and Jean Adam, a couple from California. The Blue Water organizers also identified the other two Americans onboard as Phyllis Mackay and Bob Riggle. The NBC TV station in Seattle, Washington spelled the name as Phyllis Macay and said she and Riggle are from Seattle.

"We feel desperately sorry for our four friends onboard and our thoughts are with them and their friends and family. All the yachts still on the rally are fine and well," the Blue Water website said.

The Adams have been sailing the world with a yacht full of Bibles since 2004. The hijacking of their yacht came two days after a Somali pirate was sentenced to 33 years in prison by a New York court for the 2009 hijacking of the Maersk Alabama. That case ended when Navy sharpshooters killed two pirates holding the ship's captain.

Pirates have increased attacks off the coast of East Africa in recent years despite an international flotilla of warships dedicated to protecting vessels and stopping the pirate assaults. Multimillion dollar ransoms are fueling the trade, and the prices for releasing a ship and hostages have risen sharply.

Pirates currently hold 30 ships and more than 660 hostages, not counting the attack against the Quest.

The best-known case of Westerners being held hostage in Somalia was that of Paul and Rachel Chandler, a British couple held for 388 days. The two, who were captured while sailing in their private yacht, were released in November.

The Adams -- who are members of the Marina del Rey Yacht Club in Marina del Rey, California -- run a Bible ministry, according to their website, and have been distributing Bibles to schools and churches in remote villages in areas including the Fiji Islands, Alaska, New Zealand, Central America and French Polynesia.

The pirates from Puntland in northern Somalia are not hardline Islamists and the fact the Adams carry Bibles is not likely to be a problem. Pirates in Puntland are known to spend their ransom spoils on alcohol, drugs and prostitutes.

Frazod
02-21-2011, 08:12 AM
It simply amazes me that these ships don't arm their crews. Seriously - how fucking hard is it to figure this out? It's not like every crewman needs a machine gun and a bazooka, but a small weapons locker that could be quickly accessed in an emergency would obviously do the trick. These dickbags attack on speedboats, boarding parties of three or four guys. One trained man with an AR firing from cover could hold them off - three or four trained guys on each ship and the problem simply goes away. Instead, let a handful of lowlifes inflict millions of dollars of damages on shipping in a key area of the world, and I'm sure the cost of that gets passed along to all of us.

This is even more insane than gun bans in cities. :shake:

Lzen
02-21-2011, 08:16 AM
It simply amazes me that these ships don't arm their crews. Seriously - how ****ing hard is it to figure this out? It's not like every crewman needs a machine gun and a bazooka, but a small weapons locker that could be quickly accessed in an emergency would obviously do the trick. These dickbags attack on speedboats, boarding parties of three or four guys. One trained man with an AR firing from cover could hold them off - three or four trained guys on each ship and the problem simply goes away. Instead, let a handful of lowlifes inflict millions of dollars of damages on shipping in a key area of the world, and I'm sure the cost of that gets passed along to all of us.

This is even more insane than gun bans in cities. :shake:

My first thought on this is if I were to sail in that area, I would have as many weapons as I could get my hands on. Seems prudent considering the rash of hijacked ships in the past few years around there.

Frazod
02-21-2011, 08:18 AM
If anybody can explain why these ships don't carry small arms, I'd love to know the explanation.

mlyonsd
02-21-2011, 08:20 AM
If anybody can explain why these ships don't carry small arms, I'd love to know the explanation.

What amazes me is why anyone would take a small sailing yacht thru that area knowing it was that dangerous. They had emailed friends and said they were staying off the radio for a few days because they didn't want pirates tracking them.

Why on earth would 4 old farts risk it?

jiveturkey
02-21-2011, 08:21 AM
It's a sailing yacht with 4 old people on it.

I doubt that they would have won a gun battle. In fact they'd probably be dead now.

If this was an oil tanker or cargo ship I'd agree.

MOhillbilly
02-21-2011, 08:24 AM

maritime insurance says its cheaper and easier to just pay them.

Frazod
02-21-2011, 08:25 AM
It's a sailing yacht with 4 old people on it.

I doubt that they would have won a gun battle. In fact they'd probably be dead now.

If this was an oil tanker or cargo ship I'd agree.

Agreed on that point - it was oil tankers and other large vessels that I was referring to (I was responding more to the topic than the article, which I hadn't yet read).

Frazod
02-21-2011, 08:26 AM

Wow. That's insane.

Lzen
02-21-2011, 08:27 AM

Yeah, unless you're held hostage for over a year.

rockymtnchief
02-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Ever seen the show 'Bait Car'? Next should be 'Bait Boat'. Let them board an empty ship and have the Navy practice missile launched at it.

DJ's left nut
02-21-2011, 08:31 AM
<div style="background-color:#000000;width:368px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:225462" width="360" height="293" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s13e07-fatbeard">Fatbeard</a></b><br/>Tags: <a style="display: block; position: relative; top: -1.33em; float: right; font-weight: bold; color: #ffcc00; text-decoration: none" href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/">SOUTH<br/>PARK</a><a href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/episodes/s13e07-fatbeard">more...</a></p></div></div>

MOhillbilly
02-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Wow. That's insane.

Millions v. hundreds of millions its the cost of doing business in the open seas.

Noones going back into somalia anytime soon.

Frazod
02-21-2011, 08:35 AM

The insurance industry beancounters aren't at risk, so I'm sure they don't care.

MOhillbilly
02-21-2011, 08:35 AM

Just a bumpkin telling you what i learned from reading the www and watching frontline.

Lzen
02-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Just a bumpkin telling you what i learned from reading the www and watching frontline.

Oh, I know. I wasn't directing the cynicism at you, MOhillbilly. I'm sure your statement is 100% correct. Its just a really f&*$ed up deal all around.

Lzen
02-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Ever seen the show 'Bait Car'? Next should be 'Bait Boat'. Let them board an empty ship and have the Navy practice missile launched at it.

:thumb: I like the way you think.

Lonewolf Ed
02-21-2011, 08:45 AM
Wow. That's insane.

I fail to see how it is easier or cheaper. Paying them only perpetuates the problem. Why go back to subsistence living when you can get millions out of pussy nations like India and the Phillipines? The easiest way to deal with pirates is to make shark food out of them, let the word spread, and see them start going back to that subsistence living.

Hog Farmer
02-21-2011, 08:47 AM
Yes, the reasons I've heard is #1 the insurance as Mo stated but also the fact that these Somalis very rarely harm anyone and if these tankers start being aggressive it will just lead to the Somalis becoming dangerous and killing half the crew when they board.

But I agree with Fraz, arm MY ship anyway. Give me a 50 Cal and I'll take care of any speed boat headed my way.

Dick Bull
02-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Q:What do you call a Somali Pirate with 2 holes in his chest?

A:Nothing you already told him twice.

Dick Bull
02-21-2011, 09:07 AM

I saw a documentary a year or so ago and the pirates were toting an rpg.

Don't want to bring a pistol to a missile fight.

Frazod
02-21-2011, 09:09 AM
I saw a documentary a year or so ago and the pirates were toting an rpg.

Don't want to bring a pistol to a missile fight.

Then bring a missile.

Seems like an RPG going to do a lot more damage to a speedboat than a tanker.

Rain Man
02-21-2011, 09:24 AM
I just don't think this will end good .
Pirates in Puntland are known to spend their ransom spoils on alcohol, drugs and prostitutes.

Remember that article a while back that said the pirates were being patriotic to their country by doing the piracy stuff? Well, it looks like they're hard at work investing in their nations' rum and opium industries, and promoting women's economic independence.

Dave Lane
02-21-2011, 10:09 AM

The Adams -- who are members of the Marina del Rey Yacht Club in Marina del Rey, California -- run a Bible ministry, according to their website, and have been distributing Bibles to schools and churches in remote villages in areas including the Fiji Islands, Alaska, New Zealand, Central America and French Polynesia.

DJJasonp
02-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Maybe I've been playing too much Fallout-New Vegas lately....but I think it'd be hilarious if the speed boat comes up to the boat, and one of the crew pulls out a flamethrower - and roasts the entire somali boat.

Talk about sending a message.

Frazod
02-21-2011, 10:15 AM

Yes, I know that. As I said earlier, my response was in regard to piracy of major vessels, not a yacht full of bible thumpers.

Warrior5
02-21-2011, 10:26 AM

Cheaper and easier than what? "Wrongful death" lawsuits from relatives of Somali pirates after their "wage earners" just had their heads removed by a
.308 round?

I'm not doubting what you said; I'd just like to see, one time, an international court rule in favor of the pirates.

Groves
02-21-2011, 10:42 AM

Let's just say that boat hulls don't have the same stopping power as say...a refrigerator.

Fish
02-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Then bring a missile.

Seems like an RPG going to do a lot more damage to a speedboat than a tanker.

I remember reading that maritime laws forbid carrying anything more than a shotgun on a non-military boat, or some such nonsense like that. And if private yachts started mounting guns onboard, they'd get in all sorts of trouble and have their boat seized...

I'd still hide some damn weapons somewhere.

DenverDanChiefsFan
02-21-2011, 11:34 AM
I fail to see how it is easier or cheaper. Paying them only perpetuates the problem. Why go back to subsistence living when you can get millions out of pussy nations like India and the Phillipines? The easiest way to deal with pirates is to make shark food out of them, let the word spread, and see them start going back to that subsistence living.My Mom was a claims adjuster for years. It used to drive her nuts - she would have all the documentation that the other party was at fault, but the insurance company would settle because it was cheaper than trying to fight them and go to court.

The insurance industry is completely fucked up.

chiefsnorth
02-21-2011, 11:38 AM

This is a private yacht, I think.

Inspector
02-21-2011, 01:11 PM
My sister and brother-in-law live in Australia and just purchased a new yacht which they are planning on sailing to the U.S. These stories worry me. I don't know if their crew will be armed or not but I really think they should be. Heck, I'd be scared to sail around without some protection.

Frazod
02-21-2011, 01:15 PM
I remember reading that maritime laws forbid carrying anything more than a shotgun on a non-military boat, or some such nonsense like that. And if private yachts started mounting guns onboard, they'd get in all sorts of trouble and have their boat seized...

The guns onboard comment related to larger vessels (I posted after reading the title, not the story in the thread).

But I agree, if I was sailing around the world, you can bet your ass I'd have guns stashed somewhere. What the hell are you going to do in the middle of the ocean with fucking pirates rolling up on you - call 911?

MOhillbilly
02-21-2011, 01:21 PM
The guns onboard comment related to larger vessels (I posted after reading the title, not the story in the thread).

But I agree, if I was sailing around the world, you can bet your ass I'd have guns stashed somewhere. What the hell are you going to do in the middle of the ocean with ****ing pirates rolling up on you - call 911?

in international waters in that area, id have a railgun.

area-edit

chiefsnorth
02-21-2011, 01:22 PM
My sister and brother-in-law live in Australia and just purchased a new yacht which they are planning on sailing to the U.S. These stories worry me. I don't know if their crew will be armed or not but I really think they should be. Heck, I'd be scared to sail around without some protection.

Well, staying away from the horn of Africa would be advisable. These clowns were sailing from Mumbai to Djibouti - common sense should tell you this is not a good idea, but they seem to have a lot more yacht than sense.

chiefsnorth
02-21-2011, 01:25 PM

But I agree, if I was sailing around the world, you can bet your ass I'd have guns stashed somewhere. What the hell are you going to do in the middle of the ocean with ****ing pirates rolling up on you - call 911?

The pirates have fired RPGs at ships, been armed with grenades, heavy machine guns... You can buy all of this stuff openly at the Bakaara market in Mogadishu.

It would probably be unwise for a couple of people on a yacht to fire at a large pack of these goons as they'd be outmanned and outgunned.... The only winning move is not to play I suppose

Bwana
02-21-2011, 01:29 PM
This won't end well.....

http://img.hobowars.com/fn_photos/l_16366_1a1usnavy.jpg

chiefsnorth
02-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Heh, well shooting then with a .50cal wouldn't really require a precise shot to make them pop like a water balloon filled with marinara :D

Bwana
02-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Heh, well shooting then with a .50cal wouldn't really require a precise shot to make them pop like a water balloon filled with marinara :D

Exactly

Dave Lane
02-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Yes, I know that. As I said earlier, my response was in regard to piracy of major vessels, not a yacht full of bible thumpers.

I think the major ships are armed now. When was the last one you heard that got hit? Plus panic rooms and other defensive schemes.

vailpass
02-21-2011, 02:03 PM
This won't end well.....

http://img.hobowars.com/fn_photos/l_16366_1a1usnavy.jpg

I love that one. I really hope they release film footage of the situation resolution on the case in the OP. Always lightens my heart a little to see people receive the rewards they have earned especially when delivered by Uncle Sam's finest.

Dave Lane
02-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Maybe I've been playing too much Fallout-New Vegas lately....but I think it'd be hilarious if the speed boat comes up to the boat, and one of the crew pulls out a flamethrower - and roasts the entire somali boat.

Talk about sending a message.

Screw that use the Alien Blaster on them like I did Caesar.

Frazod
02-21-2011, 03:22 PM
I think the major ships are armed now. When was the last one you heard that got hit? Plus panic rooms and other defensive schemes.

I was not aware of that.

Hog Farmer
02-21-2011, 07:24 PM
The pirates have fired RPGs at ships, been armed with grenades, heavy machine guns... You can buy all of this stuff openly at the Bakaara market in Mogadishu.

It would probably be unwise for a couple of people on a yacht to fire at a large pack of these goons as they'd be outmanned and outgunned.... The only winning move is not to play I suppose

I guess you're right if you have no balls.

Douche Baggins
02-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Fucking get them, Imp-style!

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DIigqVtMp_Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DIigqVtMp_Y?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

alnorth
02-21-2011, 08:02 PM
My Mom was a claims adjuster for years. It used to drive her nuts - she would have all the documentation that the other party was at fault, but the insurance company would settle because it was cheaper than trying to fight them and go to court.

The insurance industry is completely ****ed up.

Its not f'd up. If its cheaper than paying a lawyer, then its cheaper. When an insurance company agrees to indemnify you, then its no longer your problem, its their call to fight or not.

jspchief
02-21-2011, 09:38 PM
redundant article is redundant

HolyHandgernade
02-21-2011, 10:04 PM
It simply amazes me that these ships don't arm their crews.

They were armed with the word of God, what more ammunition did they need?

"Bob" Dobbs
02-21-2011, 10:36 PM
They were armed with the word of God, what more ammunition did they need?<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xOrgLj9lOwk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HolyHandgernade
02-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Well played, sir, well played.

"Bob" Dobbs
02-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Heh. I figured I'd better beat you to it.

Hog Farmer
02-22-2011, 07:14 AM
Breaking news the 4 Americans have been killed !!!!

Time to destroy some Somali's!!!!!

FUCK!!

Bwana
02-22-2011, 07:15 AM
Breaking news the 4 Americans have been killed !!!!

Time to destroy some Somali's!!!!!

****!!

Seriously?

Bwana
02-22-2011, 07:16 AM
Shit, I guess so......

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/22/501364/main20034691.shtml

On the hijackers:

some were killed and some were captured? Sorry, but they should have killed them all and used them for fish chum.

black angus
02-22-2011, 07:21 AM
Bastards

Hog Farmer
02-22-2011, 07:22 AM
Fox news is getting ready to report some details.

chiefsnorth
02-22-2011, 07:51 AM
Those mother...

Some pirates killed, others captured.

Chief Henry
02-22-2011, 07:54 AM
What amazes me is why anyone would take a small sailing yacht thru that area knowing it was that dangerous. They had emailed friends and said they were staying off the radio for a few days because they didn't want pirates tracking them.

Why on earth would 4 old farts risk it?

Exactly...it makes NO sense to me either.

Frazod
02-22-2011, 08:12 AM
Seems like a nice carpet bombing of the entire Somali coast might be in order.

Iowanian
02-22-2011, 09:02 AM
earth should be burning the entire length of that shithole full of savage animals.

Lonewolf Ed
02-22-2011, 09:32 AM
I hope in light of the murder of four of our own, the Gubmint will take these pirates seriously for a change. Bush all but ignored them, too, so this isn't a bash on Obama, but if he doesn't do anything, then it will be. The insurance companies don't want things getting worse if people are armed on vessels, but I don't think things could have gotten much worse for the four Americans who were murdered. The insurance companies don't care about the people, just raking in the money and not having to dole it out.

Dave Lane
02-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Well I hope the captured pirates get to meet the Jew Bear and spill their guts so we can take thier buddies out.

jspchief
02-22-2011, 12:26 PM
I hope in light of the murder of four of our own, the Gubmint will take these pirates seriously for a change. Bush all but ignored them, too, so this isn't a bash on Obama, but if he doesn't do anything, then it will be. The insurance companies don't want things getting worse if people are armed on vessels, but I don't think things could have gotten much worse for the four Americans who were murdered. The insurance companies don't care about the people, just raking in the money and not having to dole it out.Any more details yet?

If this was a botched rescue attempt, it could very well have the opposite effect you're hoping for.

Phobia
02-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Any more details yet?

If this was a botched rescue attempt, it could very well have the opposite effect you're hoping for.

All I've heard is that the ship heard gunshots and responded. Of course, that's a likely story in the case of a botched rescue attempt. I can't see pirates executing their leverage.

Rausch
02-22-2011, 01:19 PM
Well I hope the captured pirates get to meet the Jew Bear and spill their guts so we can take thier buddies out.

This would be ok...

Frazod
02-22-2011, 01:46 PM
All I've heard is that the ship heard gunshots and responded. Of course, that's a likely story in the case of a botched rescue attempt. I can't see pirates executing their leverage.

Maybe one of the hostages tried to do something, or reacted to something one of the goons did?

I assume it'll all come out over the next couple of days.

Saulbadguy
02-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Sailing off the coast of east Africa just moved to the bottom of my bucket list.

teedubya
02-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Sailing off the coast of east Africa just moved to the bottom of my bucket list.

Yeah, let's take our yachts elsewhere. ROFL

Saulbadguy
02-22-2011, 02:54 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3A19q7rysLs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JD10367
02-22-2011, 03:07 PM
I think it's time the U.S. simply told Somalia: "Hi. Since you can't control your people, we're parking a few destroyers off your coast and blowing everything out of the water that looks even slightly out of place. If a Somali in a rowboat puts on an eyepatch and says, 'Arrgh', he's getting blown up. Thanks for playing."

DTLB58
02-22-2011, 03:22 PM
Very sad, But what were they thinking?

Now it's time for revenge. wtf is that damn country good for anyway. Blow it up!

Hog Farmer
02-22-2011, 05:59 PM
From what I've heard when the U.S. Navy boarded the boat there were already two dead Somalis and then they killed two more, so that must mean one of the hostages got ahold of a weapon and tried to take them out.

Hog Farmer
02-22-2011, 06:19 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/02/22/americans-aboard-yacht-captured-pirates-reportedly-killed/?test=latestnews

Bwana
02-22-2011, 06:28 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/02/22/americans-aboard-yacht-captured-pirates-reportedly-killed/?test=latestnews

When U.S. Special Operations Forces (SOF) soldiers -- from a classified Navy SEALS unit -- reached the yacht, they found two pirates had already been killed by small arms fire. As they went below deck there was an exchange of fire that killed one pirate. The other pirate was killed by an SOF member who used a knife in close combat, Vice Adm. Fox said.

Nice

http://reviews.uscav.com/prodinfo/images/8097.jpg

Buck
02-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Wait so all the hostages were killed or not?
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
02-22-2011, 06:55 PM
Tomahawk missile.

This should be the standard U.S. response to a captured private ship. It's not worth risking the lives of the service men, and if you're foolish enough to place yourself (unarmed, no less) in a dangerous situation, you should anticipate being collateral damage.

And frankly, a quick end would be ok with me.

Hog Farmer
02-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Wait so all the hostages were killed or not?
Posted via Mobile Device

What part of "All the American Hostages were killed" is not understandable ?

lazepoo
02-22-2011, 10:40 PM

This is true. If people were sailing and stopped by authorities and discovered to have guns on board, they would be arrested. Of course, the alternative doesn't sound so great to them right about now, I'm betting.

Sofa King
02-23-2011, 07:24 AM

This is exactly what i was thinking.

ForeverChiefs58
02-23-2011, 07:44 AM
This is the last pirate they captured and spent all that money taking care of instead of dumping his bullet ridden body into the sea:
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20110216/i/r1105084224.jpg?x=400&y=282&q=85&sig=AfWS2wEVSGKgevUXui2oQg--

Abduwali Abdukhadir Muse, accused of hijacking the Maersk Alabama and taking its captain Richard Phillips hostage, is led into a federal building in New York April 20, 2009.
He only got 33 years. No thanks. Should be mandatory death sentence at sea. You wanna be a pirate, ok, walk the plank. The guards should have taken that smile right off his face with a shotgun.

Bwana
02-23-2011, 08:08 AM
This is the last pirate they captured and spent all that money taking care of instead of dumping his bullet ridden body into the sea:
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20110216/i/r1105084224.jpg?x=400&y=282&q=85&sig=AfWS2wEVSGKgevUXui2oQg--

Abduwali Abdukhadir Muse, accused of hijacking the Maersk Alabama and taking its captain Richard Phillips hostage, is led into a federal building in New York April 20, 2009.
He only got 33 years. No thanks. Should be mandatory death sentence at sea. You wanna be a pirate, ok, walk the plank. The guards should have taken that smile right off his face with a shotgun.

There is NO WAY these guys should have made it off the sea alive.

Two shots to the body, one to the head, toss overboard to the sharks, repeat.

MOhillbilly
02-23-2011, 08:12 AM
There is NO WAY these guys should have made it off the sea alive.

Two shots to the body, one to the head, toss overboard to the sharks, repeat.

you are to nice Bwana.

Bane
02-23-2011, 08:25 AM
What part of "All the American Hostages were killed" is not understandable ?

rochambeau

ForeverChiefs58
02-23-2011, 08:32 AM
you are to nice Bwana.

I think he should be in charge. Wait, did you mean that he was really being too nice, like that you would shoot them in the knees and balls and make them swim, or that he was being mean cause you love that ride at Disney?

Hog Farmer
02-23-2011, 09:11 AM
The thing for the Somalis is :

Living in American prison > Living in Somalia

Being shot and killed > Living in Somalia

If they were to get the ransom and escape = win

Detoxing
02-23-2011, 09:29 AM

Lucky guy. Look at him smiling. He knows he's about to eat like a king compared to what he had in Somalia.

ForeverChiefs58
02-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Lucky guy. Look at him smiling. He knows he's about to eat like a king compared to what he had in Somalia.

I am sure he will hook up with some well adjusted people in prison and tell them all they have a 10,000,000 inheritance coming to them.

MOhillbilly
02-23-2011, 09:39 AM
I think he should be in charge. Wait, did you mean that he was really being too nice, like that you would shoot them in the knees and balls and make them swim, or that he was being mean cause you love that ride at Disney?

hammers are cheaper than bullets.

if it were me. Id make em turn big rocks into little rocks with there heads. just sayin.

ForeverChiefs58
02-23-2011, 09:52 AM
hammers are cheaper than bullets.

Man, I love it.

I read that the pirates torture their victims by hanging them upside down and drag them tied up into the ocean.

We should use that place as a testing ground for our nukes. (after we are done with iran, n korea, syria, yemen, afghanistan, and pakistan of course.)

InChiefsHell
02-23-2011, 10:09 AM
This is exactly what i was thinking.

It could be that the prisoners tried to do something or resisted something and the pirates ended up shooting them...they ain't exactly a disciplined military outfit, they're a bunch of uneducated thugs so...

gblowfish
02-23-2011, 10:09 AM
You think Pittsburgh will have to change the name of their baseball team now?

ForeverChiefs58
02-23-2011, 10:13 AM
You think Pittsburgh will have to change the name of their baseball team now?

Not before it will make johnny depp quit acting. Although that is my favorite ride at disney.

kcfanXIII
02-23-2011, 10:48 AM
they're a bunch of uneducated thugs so...

i thought this was about somali pirates, not raider fans...

**** THE KC QUEEFS
02-23-2011, 01:49 PM
I love to take one in the ass by pirates.

Frazod
02-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Clean up on aisle 5, please.