PDA

View Full Version : Religion Donger is seriously curious - why??

LaDairis
02-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Why did Baptist Pastors think slavery and attacking Ft. Sumter were just cool and A-OK with God and Jesus??

Jaric
02-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Are these the same Baptists who protest military funerals because God hates gay people? (allegedly)

Because fuck those lunatics. There should be a clause in the first amendment that makes it legal to beat their asses when they do that shit.

Jaric
02-21-2011, 01:31 PM
However, if you are refering to another set of Baptists, I would wager they didn't take an issue with slavery because it was considered acceptable at the time? I have to admit, it's kind of hard to answer you because the original post is kind of vague but slavery in various forms has been common practice since we started writing down history.

LaDairis
02-21-2011, 01:39 PM
True, slavery was very common in ancient and medieval times. It was less common two hundred years ago, and even less so today, but it still exists in various forms.

The issue is why would Jesus and God not only support race based permanent generational slavery, but also starting a war over it. Jesus didn't seem like the type who would start a war to keep the practice of slavery, but clearly that's what Baptist Pastors were preaching to the flocks 200 years ago...

Why?

How could anyone read the Bible and conclude Jesus would support slavery, or attacking Ft. Sumter to preserve slavery?

orange
02-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Slavery was God's punishment for sinners.

Chapter 15.— Of the Liberty Proper to Man's Nature, and the Servitude Introduced by Sin—A Servitude in Which the Man Whose Will is Wicked is the Slave of His Own Lust, Though He is Free So Far as Regards Other Men.

This is prescribed by the order of nature: it is thus that God has created man. For “let them,” He says, “have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every creeping thing which creeps on the earth.” Genesis 1:26 He did not intend that His rational creature, who was made in His image, should have dominion over anything but the irrational creation,— not man over man, but man over the beasts. And hence the righteous men in primitive times were made shepherds of cattle rather than kings of men, God intending thus to teach us what the relative position of the creatures is, and what the desert of sin; for it is with justice, we believe, that the condition of slavery is the result of sin. And this is why we do not find the word “slave” in any part of Scripture until righteous Noah branded the sin of his son with this name. It is a name, therefore, introduced by sin and not by nature. The origin of the Latin word for slave is supposed to be found in the circumstance that those who by the law of war were liable to be killed were sometimes preserved by their victors, and were hence called servants. And these circumstances could never have arisen save through sin. For even when we wage a just war, our adversaries must be sinning; and every victory, even though gained by wicked men, is a result of the first judgment of God, who humbles the vanquished either for the sake of removing or of punishing their sins. Witness that man of God, Daniel, who, when he was in captivity, confessed to God his own sins and the sins of his people, and declares with pious grief that these were the cause of the captivity. Daniel ix The prime cause, then, of slavery is sin, which brings man under the dominion of his fellow—that which does not happen save by the judgment of God, with whom is no unrighteousness, and who knows how to award fit punishments to every variety of offense. But our Master in heaven says, “Every one who does sin is the servant of sin.” John 8:34 And thus there are many wicked masters who have religious men as their slaves, and who are yet themselves in bondage; “for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.” 2 Peter 2:19 And beyond question it is a happier thing to be the slave of a man than of a lust; for even this very lust of ruling, to mention no others, lays waste men's hearts with the most ruthless dominion. Moreover, when men are subjected to one another in a peaceful order, the lowly position does as much good to the servant as the proud position does harm to the master. But by nature, as God first created us, no one is the slave either of man or of sin. This servitude is, however, penal, and is appointed by that law which enjoins the preservation of the natural order and forbids its disturbance; for if nothing had been done in violation of that law, there would have been nothing to restrain by penal servitude. And therefore the apostle admonishes slaves to be subject to their masters, and to serve them heartily and with good-will, so that, if they cannot be freed by their masters, they may themselves make their slavery in some sort free, by serving not in crafty fear, but in faithful love, until all unrighteousness pass away, and all principality and every human power be brought to nothing, and God be all in all.

St. Augustine, City of God
http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/120119.htm

LaDairis
02-21-2011, 03:41 PM
I see, so everyone born with black skin is a "sinner" before they come out of the womb...

Sounds like something a Baptist would push...

And what about Jesus, do you think Jesus would support attacking Ft. Sumter?

Otter
02-21-2011, 03:55 PM
I see, so everyone born with black skin is a "sinner" before they come out of the womb...

Sounds like something a Baptist would push...

And what about Jesus, do you think Jesus would support attacking Ft. Sumter?

Do some research outside of the US. Blacks are enslaving other blacks in Africa as you read this post. Same in Brazil (except I guess they would be brown) and Mexico and everywhere else you fail to look because it's not convenient to your agenda.

There's bad people and it's not a factor determined by skin color. Period.

LaDairis
02-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Do some research outside of the US. Blacks are enslaving other blacks in Africa as you read this post. Same in Brazil (except I guess they would be brown) and Mexico and everywhere else you fail to look because it's not convenient to your agenda.

None of that has anything to do with why Baptist Pastors espoused that permanent race based slavery and attacking Ft. Sumter were A-OK with God and Jesus...

BigRichard
02-21-2011, 03:59 PM
The only reason I came into this thread was I thought that Donger was coming out of the closet. Fail on thread title.

orange
02-21-2011, 04:00 PM

Pull your head out. There was a whole cottage industry in the south of intellectuals - religious and secular - justifiying racial slavery.

http://pat.tamu.edu/journal/vol-1/thompson.pdf

Otter
02-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Pull your head out. There was a whole cottage industry in the south of intellectuals - religious and secular - justifiying racial slavery.

http://pat.tamu.edu/journal/vol-1/thompson.pdf

:yawn:

orange
02-21-2011, 04:07 PM
:yawn:

The truth requires rigor. Spewing bullshit doesn't.

go bowe
02-21-2011, 04:17 PM
spewing? eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww...

orange
02-21-2011, 04:20 PM
spewing? eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww...

Picture coming.......

OK, no.

teedubya
02-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Donger is a shadow govt. shill of some sort, IMO. He is one of their pawn henchmen, in some capacity.

Bewbies
02-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Donger is a shadow govt. shill of some sort, IMO. He is one of their pawn henchmen, in some capacity.

Donger=Glenn Beck?

vailpass
02-21-2011, 04:36 PM

Godamnit how do I get someone to accuse me of being something as cool as this?! Donger you sob I don't know what you have but I want it!

Donger
02-21-2011, 04:37 PM

More like a rook.

go bowe
02-21-2011, 04:42 PM
More like a rook.you underestimate yourself...

definitely a queen...

nttawwt...

teedubya
02-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Heh... nice response. A rook.

Damn, why didn't I go to West Point when they offered me the shot? I could be at least a rook or a bishop, by now.

Donger
02-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Godamnit how do I get someone to accuse me of being something as cool as this?! Donger you sob I don't know what you have but I want it!

LMAO

I really have no idea how Ari reached the conclusion above. I presume that he's just messing around.

Donger
02-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Heh... nice response. A rook.

Damn, why didn't I go to West Point when they offered me the shot? I could be at least a rook or a bishop, by now.

I didn't go to West Point, so it's not really necessary. In fact, it's frowned upon.

Frazod
02-21-2011, 04:49 PM
Okay, we need some clarification here.

1. Do you want to know why Beauregard gave the order to fire on Ft. Sumter?

2. Do you want to know why Baptists at the time thought it was a good idea?

3. Do you want to know why Baptists alive today thought it was a good idea?

4. Do you want to know why Donger thinks Baptists (either alive or dead) think that firing on Ft. Sumter was a good idea?

5. Do you think that Donger fired on Ft. Sumter?

I think that should clear things up.... maybe.... oh fuck it. :banghead:

orange
02-21-2011, 04:50 PM
I didn't go to West Point, so it's not really necessary. In fact, it's frowned upon.

BYU is preferred, I understand.

Donger
02-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Ari, did you hear about the "massive solar flares" and how folks are being told to be wary of magnetic north over the next few days?

KILLER_CLOWN
02-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Ari, did you hear about the "massive solar flares" and how folks are being told to be wary of magnetic north over the next few days?

Due to the Donger shift.

vailpass
02-21-2011, 04:59 PM
BYU is preferred, I understand.

I heard LaDairis went to Brandeis.

patteeu
02-21-2011, 05:22 PM

There's got to be some explanation for why they came out so dark doesn't there?

Donger
02-21-2011, 05:26 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YLDbGqJ2KYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LaDairis
02-21-2011, 07:18 PM
There's got to be some explanation for why they came out so dark doesn't there?

Just like when God gives you 10 commandments on stone tablets, you take those tablets, smash 'em to bits, and then violate commandment #1 about 3500 times that evening... because God wanted you to smash God's commandments and violate them, or something like that....

LaDairis
02-21-2011, 07:21 PM
Okay, we need some clarification here.

1. Do you want to know why Beauregard gave the order to fire on Ft. Sumter?

2. Do you want to know why Baptists at the time thought it was a good idea?

3. Do you want to know why Baptists alive today thought it was a good idea?

4. Do you want to know why Donger thinks Baptists (either alive or dead) think that firing on Ft. Sumter was a good idea?

5. Do you think that Donger fired on Ft. Sumter?

I think that should clear things up.... maybe.... oh **** it. :banghead:

Do you think Frazod has an agenda that Frazod hides because Frazod won't answer the question...

And the equation or image of Donger firing on Ft. Sumter is about par for the course, that enough silver in the pocket will buy just about anything from a Baptist Pastor, from slavery and firing on Ft. Sumter to selling out our troops and national interest to suck up to a non-ally halfway around the globe...

yeah, that's the history of Baptist contribution to the US, that and Prohibition twice...

LaDairis
02-21-2011, 07:23 PM
I heard LaDairis went to Brandeis.

The reading comprehension here is just not very good at all, on par with a Florida State Music History major...

go bowe
02-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Do you think Frazod has an agenda that Frazod hides because Frazod won't answer the question...

And the equation or image of Donger firing on Ft. Sumter is about par for the course, that enough silver in the pocket will buy just about anything from a Baptist Pastor, from slavery and firing on Ft. Sumter to selling out our troops and national interest to suck up to a non-ally halfway around the globe...

yeah, that's the history of Baptist contribution to the US, that and Prohibition twice...ok, jews, baptists, what about black people?

how do you feel about black people?

go bowe
02-21-2011, 09:38 PM
The reading comprehension here is just not very good at all, on par with a Florida State Music History major...ok, you don't like florida state...

what'd they do? cause you to lose a bet?

oh, wrt reading comprehension this is chiefs planet, what do you expect?

LaDairis
02-22-2011, 07:06 AM
What happened to the CrimiNoles the last time they played in the Music City Bowl?

A: half of the CrimiNole team was suspended

Why?

A: they were taking fraudulent Music History courses, with tough questions like

The Beatles consisted of John, Paul, George and

A) Tupac
B) Englebert Humperdink
c) Ringo
D) Beethoven