PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Petition to keep Shaun Smith in KC

WebGem
02-21-2011, 08:52 PM
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/shaunsmith90

The Kansas City Chiefs dramatically improved for their 2010 season. The Chiefs turned a 4-12 season the previous year into a 10-6 AFC West championship, and earning their first playoff berth since 2006.

Shaun "Deep Freeze" Smith was an integral part of the Chiefs turn around. With 56 tackles, 1 sack and 1 rushing touchdown, Smith had one of his best years as a pro.

Deep Freeze is known by fans for being one of the hardest working guys on team, with a personality that matches his size.

Recently, Broncos fans held a rally letting their management know they wanted Champ Bailey re-signed. Do you know how many people showed up? 40. That's right, Four Zero. Let's show those fans how real fans support the teams and players they love. We're aiming for 10,000 signatures, letting Mr. Hunt, Mr. Pioli and Coach Haley that we would love to see Shaun Smith back in Kansas City, donning his red and yellow #90 jersey, next year and beyond.

Feel free to follow Shaun on Twitter and show him some love. His ID is @autumnsjs90.

Let's get Shaun back in KC where he belongs! Go Chiefs and the Chiefs Nation!

Edit: He didn't start the petition, I thought he did and tweeted the link but he re-tweeted something someone else tweeted. So he did see this and re-tweet it to his followers. He was tweeting something this morning about wanting to stay in KC saying that KC needs to do what Denver did with Champ (I don't even know what that is).

BryanBusby
02-21-2011, 08:53 PM
He has fondled enough to earn another contract

WebGem
02-21-2011, 08:54 PM
He has fondled enough to earn another contract

LOL

kysirsoze
02-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Is it just me or is that the shittiest website on Earth. I'm at work so that might be why, but it's crashed my browser 3 times straight. Not a common problem, either.

I'm especially distressed due to how closely I know Pioli, Haley, and Hunt are following the outcome of this petition. MY VOTE COULD BE THE ONE TO DO IT!!!!

RustShack
02-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Shit yeah I signed it. We need this big nigga! Especially if we want to land Shawn Rogers also!

journeyscarab
02-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Quick, before someone else grabs him.

FAX
02-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Down with enemy balls!!! Up with The Testiculator!!

FAX

threebag02
02-21-2011, 09:30 PM
This is nutts

aturnis
02-21-2011, 10:37 PM
I think Broncos fans held a "rally" of sorts at Invesco to support the resigning of Champ Bailey. Pretty sure the estimate was that about 40 people showed up.

BossChief
02-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Shaun Smith
Brandon Carr
Tamba Hali

IMO these are nessesities for this front office at this point, not options.

jd1020
02-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Shaun Smith
Brandon Carr
Tamba Hali

IMO these are nessesities for this front office at this point, not options.

What more does the FO need to do with Hali?

BossChief
02-21-2011, 11:03 PM
What more does the FO need to do with Hali?

Those three players all need 5 year contracts. It's nice to see them rag Hali, but that's just a good start at this point.

Hopefully, they get a new cba in place soon, so these contracts can get negotiated.

Von Dumbass
02-21-2011, 11:05 PM
saying that KC needs to do what Denver did with Champ (I don't even know what that is).

Fans held a Champ Bailey rally outside of Invesco yesterday to tell the FO that the fans want Champ to retire a Bronco.

KC Tattoo
02-21-2011, 11:19 PM
Fans held a Champ Bailey rally outside of Invesco yesterday to tell the FO that the fans want Champ to retire a Bronco.

Chump Bailey can retire a donko he is worthless as he is getting older. Not near what he was before. He wont last much longer.

Chief_For_Life58
02-21-2011, 11:48 PM
i am a true chief fan through and through but bailey has been one of their few bright spots in the past couple of years. He is the man. One of the best corners to ever play the game. give the man some respect

Shaun smith needs keep playing for us. Hes a beast and we might be getting him when hes peaking in his career with Crennel coaching him. RESIGN HIM!!!! LETS GO CHIEFS!!!!

Phobia
02-22-2011, 12:11 AM
I'm not signing that crap because I'm pretty sure that even if I sign it and 1 million fellow Chiefs fans sign it, nobody will care. So screw you and screw stupid petitions.

BillSelfsTrophycase
02-22-2011, 12:45 AM
About a million for each nutsack grabbed sound about right?

Hog Farmer
02-22-2011, 05:38 AM
I'll vote for anyone that grabs balls.

Red Beans
02-22-2011, 05:43 AM
yes for this

CrazyPhuD
02-22-2011, 05:44 AM
I assumed that when it came time for a new contract he'd have the administration by the balls.

Pushead2
02-22-2011, 05:46 AM
all for ball squeezing & signed.

RedThat
02-22-2011, 07:37 AM
I agree that the Chiefs should keep Shaun Smith.

But, a petition to keep Shaun Smith? Thats the first time I've seen that for a role player.

I could understand if the Chiefs were at risk or on the verge of losing a really valuable player like Charles or Hali.

scott free
02-22-2011, 10:36 AM
For what its worth, i signed.

He's been a pleasant surprise from day 1, solid player that can hold his ground at the point, is great at getting off of blocks & is quick enough at his size to play some end. But what may be just as important as that, is that he brought a long missing, swaggering, verbose attitude that let other teams know this wasnt the same old patented patsy defense.

Von Dumbass
02-22-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm not signing that crap because I'm pretty sure that even if I sign it and 1 million fellow Chiefs fans sign it, nobody will care. So screw you and screw stupid petitions.

Broncos fans did an online petition to bring back the orange jerseys and the Broncos FO ended up submitting a request to the league office and now Denver's home jersey will be orange in 2012.

Von Dumbass
02-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Chump Bailey can retire a donko he is worthless as he is getting older. Not near what he was before. He wont last much longer.

Looks like you will get your wish. :)

It's looking good for champ. Fingers are crossed

http://twitter.com/mrblloyd/status/40090093146472448

Phobia
02-22-2011, 11:43 AM
Broncos fans did an online petition to bring back the orange jerseys and the Broncos FO ended up submitting a request to the league office and now Denver's home jersey will be orange in 2012.

Jersey colors are one thing. Personnel moves are something entirely different.

Chief Chief
02-22-2011, 02:13 PM
"Deep Freeze"??

That's gotta be a mistake -- I'm sure he goes by "Deek Squeeze".

teedubya
02-22-2011, 02:40 PM
Shaun Smith has more than earned an additional contract. He was great. Plus the people in the locker room supposedly love him.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Jersey colors are one thing. Personnel moves are something entirely different.

I remember the LJ petition making headlines. I am sure word of that made its way to the Chiefs FO...whether that had ANY influence on the decision to release LJ will probably never be known...