PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Heading to the Big Easy for Marti Gras.

ArrowheadHawk
02-21-2011, 10:32 PM
I will be going to New Orleans for Marti Gras, March 5-9. Should be fun times. Thoughts?

Al Bundy
02-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Are you going to end up on Cops- New Orleans for exposing yourself?

Lzen
02-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Marti Gras? Is he related to Marty McFly?

AndChiefs
02-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Marti Gras? Is he related to Marty McFly?

No it's similar to foie gras.

ArrowheadHawk
02-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Are you going to end up on Cops- New Orleans for exposing yourself?I hope not. We will only actually be in New Orleans during the day. At night we are staying with some friends in Biloxi.

"Bob" Dobbs
02-21-2011, 11:07 PM
MY guess would be that all the MOST fun Mardi Gras times would be at night.

Buehler445
02-21-2011, 11:08 PM
My thoughts? Don't go.

I went to Bourbon Street once (not for Mardi Gras), and it was terrible. I hated it and am not going back to NO.

Maybe I'm a prude.

WebGem
02-21-2011, 11:10 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/245983857.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1298351972&Signature=ZO2DQcQRR%2FRrEcMqK5%2BbVUysMtw%3D

yes those are condoms

Jewish Rabbi
02-21-2011, 11:33 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/245983857.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1298351972&Signature=ZO2DQcQRR%2FRrEcMqK5%2BbVUysMtw%3D

yes those are condoms

Looks like a red x to me.

Luke
02-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Going down to Madi-grais going get me a Madi-grais queen!!!!!

Buehler445
02-21-2011, 11:42 PM
My thoughts? Don't go.

I went to Bourbon Street once (not for Mardi Gras), and it was terrible. I hated it and am not going back to NO.

Maybe I'm a prude.

I should frame my response. I'm not trying to be an asshole. I really feel that way. It was dirty, the people were dirty, the food HAD to be dirty, people were fucking filthy. I just hated it. Maybe I'm a failure at party, but I won't be going back.

JD10367
02-21-2011, 11:45 PM
I should frame my response. I'm not trying to be an asshole. I really feel that way. It was dirty, the people were dirty, the food HAD to be dirty, people were ****ing filthy. I just hated it. Maybe I'm a failure at party, but I won't be going back.

I think I know who you are.

http://www.miserableretailslave.com/misery%20kb.jpg

Dunit35
02-21-2011, 11:47 PM
Looks like a red x to me.

I wear red x's on mine sometimes.

Buehler445
02-21-2011, 11:49 PM
I think I know who you are.

http://www.miserableretailslave.com/misery%20kb.jpg

DUDE.

My mother in law made me watch that pathetic excuse for a movie.

tyton75
02-22-2011, 07:08 AM
I should frame my response. I'm not trying to be an asshole. I really feel that way. It was dirty, the people were dirty, the food HAD to be dirty, people were ****ing filthy. I just hated it. Maybe I'm a failure at party, but I won't be going back.

While I was there during the day.. it was ok.. not great... but yeah, people are dirty, the streets smell like garbage because all of the bars just hose out their floors into the streets

I have no real interest in going back.. I had my Hurricane (drink) .. I'm good

Pushead2
02-22-2011, 07:10 AM
I will be going to New Orleans for Marti Gras, March 5-9. Should be fun times. Thoughts?

did it while on tour with my band & with hockey teammates. New Orleans is one of the best cities I've been to. Enjoy the food, booze, sex (if you're single) & I hope you aren't staying on Burbon St. because sleep isn't an option.

I stood both times at the Intercontinental. Best decision we made.

bevischief
02-22-2011, 07:25 AM
Watch what you eat.
http://www.floridaoilspilllaw.com/
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/Deepwater_Disaster.php
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/meanwhile-back-other-gulf

MOhillbilly
02-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Drop a hand full of bennies and stand on it.

ChiTown
02-22-2011, 09:38 AM
I went years ago when I was in my mid 20's. Lot's of fun just people watchin' and hanging out. It's something I enjoyed doing once, but nothing I ever desired to do again.

Bump
02-22-2011, 09:45 AM
don't put your wallet in your back pocket or it will be picked.

Bob Dole
02-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Tip: Don't wear anything (including shoes) that you ever want to wear again.

ArrowheadHawk
02-22-2011, 10:48 AM
MY guess would be that all the MOST fun Mardi Gras times would be at night.
Well our hosts say that it is too dangerous at night. We will be celebrating at night in Biloxi.
My thoughts? Don't go.

Maybe I'm a prude.Got to try everything at least once.

did it while on tour with my band & with hockey teammates. New Orleans is one of the best cities I've been to. Enjoy the food, booze, sex (if you're single) & I hope you aren't staying on Burbon St. because sleep isn't an option.

I stood both times at the Intercontinental. Best decision we made.
See above. We are staying in Biloxi.
Drop a hand full of bennies and stand on it.
What does this mean?
don't put your wallet in your back pocket or it will be picked.

Tip: Don't wear anything (including shoes) that you ever want to wear again.
Thanks for the tips.

Bill Parcells
02-22-2011, 10:52 AM
I don't think I would ever want to go there for Mardi gras. it's too damn crowded.

Bwana
02-22-2011, 10:53 AM

yes those are condoms

That's a really small red X condom. My condolences to your wife and or girlfriend. :hump:

Frazod
02-22-2011, 10:55 AM
I don't think I would ever want to go there for Mardi gras. it's too damn crowded.

This. I guess I'd feel differently if I lived in a small town or even a smaller city, but I live in suburbs of Chicago and work in downtown Chicago. I get crowded, dirty and smelly here five days a week - why the fuck would I want more of it on vacation?

My vacation destinations are quiet and peaceful, and as uncrowded as I can get them.

Bill Parcells
02-22-2011, 10:58 AM
This. I guess I'd feel differently if I lived in a small town or even a smaller city, but I live in suburbs of Chicago and work in downtown Chicago. I get crowded, dirty and smelly here five days a week - why the **** would I want more of it on vacation?

My vacation destinations are quiet and peaceful, and as uncrowded as I can get them.

Back in the old days (before katrina) the french quarter would be packed on the weekends when it wasnt mardi gras. I couldnt imagine going there during mardi gras. 15 people waiting on line to take a piss at every bathroom is not my idea of fun.

I was there in 2008 though, and I must say I did not see as much riff raff and the place wasnt as crowded as before. but still..lol..I would never go there for mardi gras.

mlyonsd
02-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Absynthe bar on Bourbon St. has excellent eye opener Bloody Mary's. Cajun style. You'll know it's the right place if there are old NFL football helmets hanging from the ceiling.

If you haven't made hotel reservations yet I'd suggest the Maison Dupey...two blocks from Bourbon. Built on the original Indian grave sight of NO.

You'd know that if you were to take a cemetary tour....very interesting if you are looking for a couple hours to kill off.

Great local bar just off Bourbon is called Fahey's.....lots of drink for half the price of Bourbon St.

Jethopper
02-22-2011, 11:48 AM
The weekend of the 3rd is when the big party is....

Bill Parcells
02-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Ryans pub on Decatur (sp?) st. was a lot of fun. lots of nice beers on tap. smithwick/guiness/stella

kindra68
02-22-2011, 12:30 PM
1. You can get kicked off a balcony, in New Orleans, on Bourbon Street, during Mardi Gras.
2. Even though you have on enough beads to totally cover your front, you still have to wear a shirt, during Mardi Gras, in New Orleans on Bourbon Street.
3. Do be careful of how many Hurricanes you drink, and how fast you drink them. If you do not heed this advice you might wake up in a van, under an overpass with a bag of smushed white castle burgers thinking, "what the hell happened last night?"
4. Find a bar with a restroom and stay there.
5. If you find yourself getting bored and do not heed 4, do not start drinking straight vodka over ice just so you can use a new bars restroom.
6. During Mardi Gras you can easily consume three to four time more alcohol than normal. I do not recommend this.

Rain Man
02-22-2011, 12:36 PM
I always wanted to go to Marty Gras, but it never went beyond the first week of the playoffs, much less February.

kindra68
02-22-2011, 12:39 PM
7. When asking the time, make sure it’s AM or PM
8. Raves are cheaper than Hotels. For a few bucks you can grab a chair in the back and watch the lights till you fall asleep, and the thump, thump, thump kinda fades away.
9. When entering a strip club and the first stripper on the pole is pregnant…..leave.
If you are feeling brave (or too damned drunk to walk anymore) be careful of the restrooms.
10. if you are walking down Bourbon St. and think you are at the end..but keep on walking anyway..and find out “wow there’s more bars! See the lights!!” just turn around and go back. Just do it.

kindra68
02-22-2011, 12:43 PM
11. If you are with a few friends, and they decide to “stay one more night” , so now you have to call into work. It’s not the best idea to call your bosses cell, trashed, at a table in the Acme Oyster Co. and if you do, you might not want to call in “dead”

ArrowheadHawk
02-22-2011, 01:16 PM
The weekend of the 3rd is when the big party is....
Well since the 3rd is a Thurday and I will arrive on Saturday morning I think I'm good.
I always wanted to go to Marty Gras, but it never went beyond the first week of the playoffs, much less February.
Do what? It's March 8th this year.

9. When entering a strip club and the first stripper on the pole is pregnant…..leave.

Solid advice.

Spicy McHaggis
02-22-2011, 03:13 PM
I spent a little time in NO and was there for Mardi Gras season twice (both pre-Katrina). The first time we stuck around the city to see what the fuss was about. It was packed, expensive and I don't think I've ever consumed so much booze in such a sustained manner. But I did have a pretty good time. I wish I could give you more distinct things to do, but it's been a while and the aforementioned booze has blurred the memory.

The second time, we shipped out to Pensacola Beach to get out of the crowds. It seemed that a lot of college kids from NO did the same thing.

ArrowheadHawk
03-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Packing up now. I need to leave Topeka in about 3 hours to get my 6am flight out of Kansas City. Don't think I will be sleep much.

Third Eye
03-05-2011, 12:19 AM
7. When asking the time, make sure it’s AM or PM
8. Raves are cheaper than Hotels. For a few bucks you can grab a chair in the back and watch the lights till you fall asleep, and the thump, thump, thump kinda fades away.
If you are feeling brave (or too damned drunk to walk anymore) be careful of the restrooms.
10. if you are walking down Bourbon St. and think you are at the end..but keep on walking anyway..and find out “wow there’s more bars! See the lights!!” just turn around and go back. Just do it.

I'm literally crying with laughter at #10. I made that mistake.