PDA

View Full Version : Obama The Real 'Birther' Conspiracy Theory

Chiefshrink
02-22-2011, 09:30 AM
February 11, 2011

The Real 'Birther' Conspiracy Theory
By Jack Cashill

In the course of my inquiries into many of history's more recent controversies -- JFK, Waco, Vince Foster, Oklahoma City, Ron Brown, TWA Flight 800, 9/11, Obama's birth, the authorship of Obama's books -- I have come to see that when there are actual conspiracies afoot, they fall into two general categories, conspiracies of execution and conspiracies of concealment.

Conspiracies of execution, at least on any kind of scale, are rare in American history. The nature of our national character and the openness of our political culture war against them.

Conspiracies of concealment are another matter. When officials fail in their duties and let, say, a president get shot, a plane get blown out of the sky, or a hijacker fly into a building, their first impulse is to conceal their mistakes. Such is human nature.

To me, a "conspiracy theorist" is one who sees a conspiracy of execution where none could logically exist or who confuses a conspiracy of concealment with one of execution despite ample evidence to the contrary.

Given this understanding, it is the rare "birther" who qualifies as a conspiracy theorist. Few have conjured elaborate, impossible conspiracies on the scale Oliver Stone did in JFK or the French leftist Theirry Meyssan and others did with 9/11.

Most birthers simply want to know where and when their president was born, a not unreasonable aspiration. Few insist that they know the answer. Despite my ample research, I do not know.

All I do know is that the official story -- the one Barack Obama trotted out in his memoir and both his convention speeches -- is false. In my forthcoming book, Deconstructing Obama, I show in detail why this is so and what the alternatives might be.

If there are conspiracy theorists involved in the birther issue, it is those cynical souls -- and they are many, left and right -- who insist that Obama and his operatives have purposefully dragged the birth certificate in front of the baying hounds of the excitable right like a red herring. In its simplest form, this theory at least sounds plausible.

14th century philosopher William of Occam had a keen eye for plausibility. We know his approach to problem solving by the label "Occam's Razor," an axiom often stated in shorthand as, "The simplest explanation is usually the best." The original Latin -- "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate" -- adds some nuance. This translates roughly, "One ought not posit multiple variables unnecessarily."

The cynics' case weakens the more variables they posit. In December, for instance, Hawaii's Democrat governor Neil Abercrombie went public with his desire to silence dissenters by proving Obama's citizenship. When the governor failed to find it, the cynics insisted that he too had been enlisted in Obama's conspiracy to discredit the birthers.

Andrew Walden made this very case in American Thinker last week. Wrote Walden,

"Abercrombie may act like a dopey doofus, but it is just an act. He has spent a lifetime in politics manipulating conservatives to unwittingly serve his agenda -- and he's proud of it."

As Walden sees it, Abercrombie likely conspired with Obama to keep this story in the news, all the better to embarrass the right. When Abercrombie pal, celebrity journalist Mike Evans, claimed on air that Abercrombie had told him there was no birth certificate -- and then later retracted -- Walden and others imagined him in the plot as well.

"The progressives know they can get the birthers to do anything they want," concluded Waden. "They are having a ball, and they are discrediting Obama's opponents in the run-up to 2012."

In other words, Abercrombie's failure to find the promised records and Evan's recantation of a story he breathlessly told on more than thirty radio stations were part of a clever and increasingly intricate plot to enhance Obama's electoral chances in 2012. Never mind that Abercrombie made himself look foolish and Evans lost his credibility in the process. The plot demanded sacrifice.

This, my friends, is conspiracy theorizing at its purest, and it makes little sense for two obvious reasons. First, there is no political advantage in attacking birthers. After two years of "having a ball" with them, the Democrats lost 63 seats in the House this past November.

The second is that Obama does indeed have much to hide. Whether he was born in Hawaii or in Washington State -- or wherever -- we know that he did not spend the first two years of his life in a happy, little multicultural home in Hawaii as advertised. He ascended to the presidency on a fully fabricated origins story.

The more these alleged conspirators talk about Obama's origins the more attention they focus on that story. This attention is inspiring state legislatures to demand proof of natural born citizenship before it puts candidates on the ballot. Even if Obama does eventually produce a birth certificate that squares with his origins story, critics can credibly ask why did he not produce it years earlier.

That is, if he can produce a birth certificate that squares with his origins story.

Jack Cashill is author of Deconstructing Obama, to be published next week.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/02/the_real_birther_conspiracy_th.html

donkhater
02-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Forget whether or not you believe the 'birthers' or not.

I continue to be amazed at the lack of reporting on Obama's childhood/school years/rise to prominence given that:

1. He is president
2. He is incredibly popular and such a story would have huge ratings

Yet through the campaign and since, it's as if our journalists (you know, those guardians of truth and justice) just don't care one bit and take the two books on Obama as all that needs to be told. It really is incredibly odd.

bandwagonjumper
02-22-2011, 01:32 PM
I'm a big believer that the people get the government their deserve. The same is true with the media. If there have a lazy corrupt media than that it what there deserve.

chiefsnorth
02-22-2011, 02:12 PM
I think this guy is probably closest to the truth. The certificate exists, he was born in the US, but the official stories about his origins and background were fabricated out of whole cloth.

The Mad Crapper
02-22-2011, 03:02 PM
I think this guy is probably closest to the truth. The certificate exists, he was born in the US, but the official stories about his origins and background were fabricated out of whole cloth.

Basically he's a bastard and he doesn't know who his real dad is. His mother liked to sleep around.

splatbass
02-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Basically he's a bastard and he doesn't know who his real dad is. His mother liked to sleep around.

I'm a bastard that didn't know who my real father was until I was an adult. What the **** does it have to do with anything? His father isn't president, he is. Whatever sins his father and mother may have committed are not his fault and have no bearing on anything.

This kind of dirty smear is what is wrong with America today. Sleazy assholes like you smearing your opponents with any sleazy bullshit you can think of rather than engaging in rational political discussion.

Chiefshrink
02-22-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm a bastard that didn't know who my real father was until I was an adult. What the **** does it have to do with anything? His father isn't president, he is. Whatever sins his father and mother may have committed are not his fault and have no bearing on anything.

This kind of dirty smear is what is wrong with America today. Sleazy assholes like you smearing your opponents with any sleazy bullshit you can think of rather than engaging in rational political discussion.

If he would have come out in the very beginning and stated the truth about his upbringing(potentially not knowing who his father was) it would have been far better for him and I would venture to say it would have helped him even further. The American people would have absolutely "embraced" his bastard situation and not held it against him. As you said yourself you can't hold that against him and how many Americans are adopted and never knew their fathers?

But what we can hold against "O" is his deceit from the very get go about this whole nativity story. I am not going to give him a pass because of potential embarassment. That's BS!

splatbass
02-22-2011, 10:46 PM
But what we can hold against "O" is his deceit from the very get go about this whole nativity story. I am not going to give him a pass because of potential embarassment. That's BS!

I don't know that there was any deceit - and neither do you. You are GUESSING, based on your own biases against him.

The truth is that there is one person still around who knew his parents well at the time she was pregnant - Neil Abercrombie - and he has no doubt that Barack, Sr. is the father.

T-post Tom
02-22-2011, 11:12 PM
must be a full moon

Chiefshrink
02-22-2011, 11:14 PM
I don't know that there was any deceit - and neither do you. You are GUESSING, based on your own biases against him.

The truth is that there is one person still around who knew his parents well at the time she was pregnant - Neil Abercrombie - and he has no doubt that Barack, Sr. is the father.

Abercrombie?ROFLROFLROFL He has already been exposed as a fool who was talking out his ass. He may have known Sr. but he(Neal) was not there for the birth let alone supposedly watched Obama play tee ball.:rolleyes: Tee ball was not around in the early 1960's. Besides Obama would have been in Indonesia at the time "O" would have been able to swing a bat 3-5yrs of age.

We are all guessing and the facts up to this time point to deceit:thumb:

splatbass
02-22-2011, 11:35 PM
Abercrombie?ROFLROFLROFL He has already been exposed as a fool who was talking out his ass. He may have known Sr. but he(Neal) was not there for the birth let alone supposedly watched Obama play tee ball.:rolleyes: Tee ball was not around in the early 1960's. Besides Obama would have been in Indonesia at the time "O" would have been able to swing a bat 3-5yrs of age.

I'm Obama's age and I played Tee Ball. Why do you need to lie?

splatbass
02-22-2011, 11:37 PM

no, the facts don't point to deceit, except in the minds of people with an agenda.

Chiefshrink
02-22-2011, 11:43 PM
I'm Obama's age and I played Tee Ball. Why do you need to lie?

So am I and there was no Tee ball around that I remember. It was coach pitch at that age and besides he was in Indonesia.:rolleyes:

splatbass
02-23-2011, 12:07 AM
So am I and there was no Tee ball around that I remember. It was coach pitch at that age and besides he was in Indonesia.:rolleyes:

Tee Ball was around, I don't know where the fuck you lived.

Mizzou_8541
02-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Tee Ball was around, I don't know where the **** you lived.

Welp, that settles it. Obama played tee ball. The questions surrounding his youth have been answered.

splatbass
02-23-2011, 12:32 AM
Welp, that settles it. Obama played tee ball. The questions surrounding his youth have been answered.

No one in Hawaii questions his youth. It is pretty well known. He lived in Indonesia for 4 years, and the rest of the time in Honolulu. He attended Punahou High School, and still has a lot of friends in Hawaii from his childhood. He worked at Baskin-Robbins. He played basketball. He smoked a little weed. Despite his intelligence he wasnt a particularly good student. He was a pretty normal kid.

The ONLY people questioning any of this are people that hate him and are pushing their own agenda. And some of them, like sports shrink, are delusional.

patteeu
02-23-2011, 01:19 AM

Did you write a book about a guy who wasn't your father as if he was or a book that included a bunch of fake truths about your past that might be exposed if the truth about your young life were revealed? I'm not saying Obama did this, but there are all kinds of possibilities that your post ignores that do have a bearing on the current president.

splatbass
02-23-2011, 02:10 AM
Did you write a book about a guy who wasn't your father as if he was or a book that included a bunch of fake truths about your past that might be exposed if the truth about your young life were revealed? I'm not saying Obama did this, but there are all kinds of possibilities that your post ignores that do have a bearing on the current president.

You don't know he wasn't the father. So your point is moot.

patteeu
02-23-2011, 02:11 AM
You don't know he wasn't the father. Please stop making claims you can't substantiate and acting like they are known facts.

I didn't do that, so I think you're the one who should stop making false claims and acting like they're known facts.

Mizzou_8541
02-23-2011, 06:44 AM
No one in Hawaii questions his youth. It is pretty well known. He lived in Indonesia for 4 years, and the rest of the time in Honolulu. He attended Punahou High School, and still has a lot of friends in Hawaii from his childhood. He worked at Baskin-Robbins. He played basketball. He smoked a little weed. Despite his intelligence he wasnt a particularly good student. He was a pretty normal kid.

The ONLY people questioning any of this are people that hate him and are pushing their own agenda. And some of them, like sports shrink, are delusional.

I don't hate Obama, but I certainly have questions. The bolded sentence is half correct, though. The ONLY people NOT questioning any of this are people who believe his books as gospel and blindly follow the MSM (who, of course, is pushing their own agenda).

Strange how you defend Obama by categorizing "birthers" and those who have questions surrounding his birth as "people that hate him." When will I see you defending a Republican after they get vetted by the media? I'm sure you were posting in the defense of every Republican female politician after they get every facet of their life scrutinized by the MSM. Too bad Obama doesn't get that kind of treatment...I'm willing to bet the questions about him would be answered.

donkhater
02-23-2011, 07:04 AM

EXACTLY!!!! Isn't that the kind of information available on a certain pubilc document for every natural born citizen? Help me out. I can't remember which one.

The Mad Crapper
02-23-2011, 07:22 AM

Yeah tell me more about Kennedy airlifts and marches in Selma. :rolleyes:

Don't take it out on me because your messiah is a BIG FAT FRAUD.

Chiefshrink
02-23-2011, 09:36 AM

ROFL No sh**!!

Chiefshrink
02-23-2011, 09:37 AM

Don't take it out on me because your messiah is a BIG FAT FRAUD.

Exactly!!

Chiefshrink
02-23-2011, 09:40 AM

Hey splat, get your "crow eating silverware" ready and when this all comes down I will be your waiter for the evening:p

go bowe
02-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Basically he's a bastard and he doesn't know who his real dad is. His mother liked to sleep around.and what's wrong with sleeping around?

go bowe
02-23-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm Obama's age and I played Tee Ball. Why do you need to lie?hell, i'm old enough to be his daddy and i played teeball too...

go bowe
02-23-2011, 12:30 PM

Don't take it out on me because your messiah is a BIG FAT FRAUD.he is is NOT fat!!!

Bob Dole
02-23-2011, 12:53 PM
hell, i'm old enough to be his daddy and i played teeball too...

Where the hell did all you tee ball pussies live, anyway? :p

Chiefshrink
02-23-2011, 11:10 PM
Where the hell did all you tee ball pussies live, anyway? :p

PreciselyROFL:thumb:

chiefsnorth
02-23-2011, 11:28 PM

Yeah... If it would show that the two memoirs he (supposedly) wrote about himself were essentially fiction, that would be damaging enough to be worth concealing

dirk digler
04-27-2011, 09:22 AM
The only theory is your really really stupid

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 09:23 AM
I see it's going to be a Flying Monkey day here.

Jaric
04-27-2011, 09:33 AM
I see it's going to be a Flying Monkey day here.

http://174.122.132.7/~mtoys/playmakertoys/images/P/flingshot_monkey.jpg

BucEyedPea
04-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Gotta show an army of them swooping down and ripping the stuffing out of folks.

Or perhaps, I should of called it Lord of the Flies day.

patteeu
04-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Gotta show an army of them swooping down and ripping the stuffing out of folks.

Or perhaps, I should of called it Lord of the Flies day.

http://leadonpurpose.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/flying-monkeys.jpg