PDA

View Full Version : Life Parents behaving badly - Police break up brawl at Chuck E. Cheese

Lzen
02-22-2011, 12:05 PM
http://cjonline.com/news/local/2011-02-20/police-break-brawl-chuck-e-cheeses

Police break up brawl at Chuck E. Cheese's

Disturbance was between two families celebrating birthdays

Posted: February 20, 2011 - 6:56am

http://cjonline.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/story_slideshow_thumb/photos/chuck_0.jpg
(http://cjonline.com/sites/default/files/photos/chuck_0.jpg)Police responding Saturday night to Chuck E. Cheese, 2215 S.W. Wanamaker Road, found what they described as "an active disturbance both inside and outside the business."

<label>Advertisement</label>

By The Capital-Journal (http://cjonline.com/taxonomy/term/41)
It was a case of adults behaving badly at Chuck E. Cheese's when Topeka police had to clear a brawl Saturday night at the kids-oriented restaurant on Wanamaker Road.
In a statement issued Sunday morning by Capt. Bill Cochran, the shift commander said officers responded at 8:45 p.m. Saturday to the restaurant at 2215 S.W. Wanamaker Road where they found "an active disturbance both inside and outside the business."
The disturbance began, Cochran said, "when two families celebrating different birthday events had a disagreement" and adults from both gatherings began to fight. "The situation spilled out into the parking lot, as well as inside the business," he said.
Officers dispersed the crowd and issued two citations in connection with fighting/brawling and disorderly conduct.
Once order was restored, management of the Chuck E. Cheese's, which usually stays open until 11 p.m. on Saturdays, "elected to close the business for the remainder of the night," Cochran said.

blaise
02-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Sounds like we should have some kids growing up into fantastic citizens someday.

DMAC
02-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Not suprising. Being in there gives me a desire to brawl.

alpha_omega
02-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Not suprising. Being in there gives me a desire to brawl.

Not only that, but they book multiple birthday parties in a small area. With the right (well, the wrong) kind of adults, its surprising this doesn't happen more often.

WebGem
02-22-2011, 12:14 PM
I woulda thrown the balls from skee-ball at someone.

ChiTown
02-22-2011, 12:15 PM
No video? Damn. Would have loved to have seen the giant mouse take a swing at a random patron.......

Predarat
02-22-2011, 12:15 PM
This happens alot in Memphis.

Bwana
02-22-2011, 12:16 PM
It's not all that surprising, have you ever tasted their pizza? It would put Ghandi, in a brawing mood. On a side note, I hope Hootie wasn't hurt.

Lzen
02-22-2011, 12:26 PM
No video? Damn. Would have loved to have seen the giant mouse take a swing at a random patron.......

I wonder if a video will show up on youtube. You realize this happened at the Topeka CEC?

tooge
02-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Yeah, just going there wants to make me kill someone. They oughta put bars on the windows and doors and make it a prison

Fat Elvis
02-22-2011, 12:27 PM
On a side note, there is something very surreal about playing "Anarchy in the UK" by the Sex Pistols on Guitar Hero in Chuck. E. Cheese.

CHENZ A!
02-22-2011, 12:29 PM
So was this really how Tyshawn Taylor got in trouble? LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

ArrowheadHawk
02-22-2011, 12:31 PM
So was this really how Tyshawn Taylor got in trouble? LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

DMAC
02-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Last time I was there with my son, who was 4 at the time, looked up at me about an hour into being there and said, "Dad, get me the fuck out of here.".

Fat Elvis
02-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Last time I was there with my son, who was 4 at the time, looked up at me about an hour into being there and said, "Dad, get me the **** out of here.".

Amazing the language kids pick up at Chuck E. Cheese, isn't it?

Valiant
02-22-2011, 01:11 PM
It's not all that surprising, have you ever tasted their pizza? It would put Gondii in a brawing mood. On a side note, I hope Hootie wasn't hurt.

Ghandi also, but more so because he was a racist.

ChiTown
02-22-2011, 01:12 PM
I wonder if a video will show up on youtube. You realize this happened at the Topeka CEC?

Sure. Don't you Topekabillies have video camera's?
:D

jwazzie
02-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Was there that night and left about an hour before the fighting started. It was so packed and had 12 birthday parties going on at the same time. It was the first time to take my kids and the last as well. Crazy place.

Radar Chief
02-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Yup, thatís why we go to Dave & Busters now.
Chuck-E-Cheese went all gansta.

milkman
02-22-2011, 01:19 PM

Wouldn't that make them ToPeakans?

seclark
02-22-2011, 01:29 PM
went to my grandaughters bday party at a bonkers a couple weeks ago. nasty! i went in the the bathroom and this little kid's standing barefooted in a pool of piss in front of a urinal. 5 minutes later, i see him again climbing all over that jungle gym shit, amongst all the other kids.

some parents just need shot.
sec

MOhillbilly
02-22-2011, 01:34 PM

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1296088458/Brawl_At_Chuck_E_Cheese

blaise
02-22-2011, 01:39 PM
went to my grandaughters bday party at a bonkers a couple weeks ago. nasty! i went in the the bathroom and this little kid's standing barefooted in a pool of piss in front of a urinal. 5 minutes later, i see him again climbing all over that jungle gym shit, amongst all the other kids.

sec

That's disgusting.
I few years ago I went to the Great Mall with my kids and let them play in the play area. Some lady brought her mentally challenged kid there to play. He must have been 12 or 13. Whatever, I understand, he needs to play. But then he just sat in the middle of the play area with one hand down his sweatpants, and using his other hand to pick his boogers and eat them. And she's just there on her phone. So we left.

ChiTown
02-22-2011, 01:55 PM

HA!

ForeverChiefs58
02-22-2011, 02:09 PM
I have taken my kids to Chuck E Cheese twice, and both times there were adults that got into fist fights.

Lzen
02-22-2011, 02:09 PM

Wull wots a vee dee ohh camruh?

Lzen
02-22-2011, 02:13 PM
I have taken my kids to Chuck E Cheese twice, and both times there were adults that got into fist fights.

Really? Where was this?

I have been to the Chuck E. Cheese in the article many times over the years. (Yeah, I don't care for the place, but the kids love to do birthdays there. I'm hoping my daughter will grow out of it soon and I can be done with them.) I have never, not once in all the years I have been going there, seen anyone get into an argument or fist fight.

DMAC
02-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Really? Where was this?

I have been to the Chuck E. Cheese in the article many times over the years. (Yeah, I don't care for the place, but the kids love to do birthdays there. I'm hoping my daughter will grow out of it soon and I can be done with them.) I have never, not once in all the years I have been going there, seen anyone get into an argument or fist fight.

Maybe you haven't gone in February.

rambleonthruthefog
02-22-2011, 02:57 PM
i got into a fight a chucky cheese once. my daughters ex-step dad followed me to my car after some tension inside. the tension inside wasn't noticed by anyone, but ol boy was ready to expode mad. i left before he did. he followed me to my car and proceeded to get his ass whipped. some guy came out and broke it up. i left the scene and the EMS showed up to give him some stitches in his mouth and arm. wound up pleading no-contest to public indecency(knocked down from assault), while he was found not guilty. it felt great whippin that dudes ass!

CHENZ A!
02-22-2011, 03:20 PM
I remember show biz pizza.

Yeah
Posted via Mobile Device

ForeverChiefs58
02-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Really? Where was this?

One was on kansas side (can't remember the street) the other in florida. My boy was going through the tunnels when the one in florida happened so he didn't see it, but came back a minute later and said someone had a #2 accident in the tunnel. We left right away and have never been back to one. I remember thinking at the time that I'd bet that place was a big money maker because his bday party cost us $150 bucks, and the place was always packed with bday parties.

Baconeater
02-22-2011, 04:11 PM
Yeah
Posted via Mobile Device
Yep.

Predarat
02-22-2011, 07:04 PM
I remember show biz pizza.

Here they are, the Rock A Fire Explosion!!

http://blog.wfmu.org/photos/uncategorized/2008/07/24/animatedrae1_2.gif

threebag02
02-22-2011, 07:21 PM
It's not all that surprising, have you ever tasted their pizza? It would put Gondii in a brawing mood. On a side note, I hope Hootie wasn't hurt.

He had a couple of ice cubes in his mouth cold cocking Chuck E. Cheese.

KcMizzou
02-22-2011, 07:24 PM
I remember show biz pizza.Hell yeah... Old School.

threebag02
02-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Old school is always better.

Saul Good
02-22-2011, 07:43 PM
Crazy white people

Pioli Zombie
02-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Why the fuck would a little kid be having a birthday party that late? Come to think of it, why the fuck is Chuck E Cheese open until 11PM? Who takes a 6 year old to play video games at that time of night?

Pioli Zombie
02-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Who the fuck in Gondii?

milkman
02-22-2011, 08:26 PM
Who the **** in Gondii?

Don't ask, don't tell.

RJ
02-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Perhaps I'm wrong but it just doesn't seem to me like these sort of things happened 30 years ago. Maybe they did and they just weren't reported or recorded.

I think we have collectively lost our sense of pride.

Next time I go to a Chuck E Cheese I'll be packing. And drunk.

RJ
02-22-2011, 08:48 PM

sec

That's a horrible yet quite funny visual.

It would be fair to say I am very protective of my child. I wouldn't change a thing. Mostly because of other kids' parents.

Baconeater
02-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Here they are, the Rock A Fire Explosion!!

http://blog.wfmu.org/photos/uncategorized/2008/07/24/animatedrae1_2.gif
Damn, that is fucking awesome. I need to figure out a way to shrink it down to use in my sig.

Gonzo
02-22-2011, 10:25 PM
This never would have happened at Showbiz Pizza.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coach
02-22-2011, 11:02 PM
Anybody checked on Mikeyforcats and Saul?

Heh.

BossChief
02-22-2011, 11:42 PM
Cant these pieces of shit save this crap for times when the kids aren't around?

damn

Phobia
02-22-2011, 11:45 PM
Anybody checked on Mikeyforcats and Saul?

Heh.

Saul would never fight. He would just wait until you got knocked out and then your wallet would fall into his pocket.

Guru
02-22-2011, 11:47 PM
I refuse to go to that place.

Coach
02-22-2011, 11:56 PM
Saul would never fight. He would just wait until you got knocked out and then your wallet would fall into his pocket.

True.....

I'll just scratch his name off the list then.

BigRichard
02-23-2011, 06:29 AM

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uwr9FfoWPOI#t=00m26s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deberg_1990
02-23-2011, 08:04 AM
These places are fun to take the kids too, but i dont like them for birthday parties. Too loud, too much congestion (on weekends) and its hard to have a conversation with your family or friends.

Down here in SA, we have several franchises in addition to Chuck E Cheese. Peter Piper, Mr. Gatti's and Incredible Pizza.....pretty much all the same but i think Chuck E caters to smaller children.

Lzen
02-23-2011, 08:07 AM
These places are fun to take the kids too, but i dont like them for birthday parties. Too loud, too much congestion (on weekends) and its hard to have a conversation with your family or friends.

Down here in SA, we have several franchises in addition to Chuck E Cheese. Peter Piper, Mr. Gatti's and Incredible Pizza.....pretty much all the same but i think Chuck E caters to smaller children.

My middle son grew out of Chuck E Cheese a few years ago (thank God). Took him to Dave and Busters a couple years ago. Also did this laser tag place in KC. Unfortunately, Topeka just doesn't have many options.

I agree with all the reasons you don't like CEC. If I never had to go back to that place again, I would be fine with that.

Radar Chief
02-23-2011, 08:19 AM
The ONLY thing I like CEC for is they stamp the hand of the entire family when you come in and check to make sure no one is leaving with a kid that isnít theirs on the way out. But other than that little bit of security their games suck, their food sucks and the overwhelming horde of screaming kids gets on my nerves in short order.
But itís all over for CEC anyway. Ever since we took MiniRadar to Dave and Busterís for my birthday he scoffs at the idea of going back to CEC.

DMAC
02-23-2011, 08:20 AM
On a side note...

D&B is seriously missing a cash cow by not being in Springfield.

Deberg_1990
02-23-2011, 08:22 AM
So did Dave and Busters change their policy? I thought they used to not let kids in at night? Last time i was there, i saw kids there at like 8 or 9 PM.

DMAC
02-23-2011, 08:23 AM
So did Dave and Busters change their policy? I thought they used to not let kids in at night? Last time i was there, i saw kids there at like 8 or 9 PM.

Anything goes at D&B. It is a lawless zone.

Lzen
02-23-2011, 09:05 AM
...their games suck...

I spend most of my time there shooting hoops into an impossibly small hole with a cage roof so you can't get any kind of shooter's arc on that damn thing. Well, that and occasional air hockey. I rule at air hockey.

Mr. Plow
02-23-2011, 09:09 AM
There have been a few kids that I've wanted to punch at Chuck E Cheese.

Lzen
02-23-2011, 11:17 AM
There have been a few kids that I've wanted to punch at Chuck E Cheese.

Your own? Or someone else's? :D :p

Mr. Plow
02-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Your own? Or someone else's? :D :p

A mixture of both.

My kids, for the most part, are fairly well behaved when out in public. At home, it's a different story. The last time we went to Chuck E Cheese my 3 boys were off playing games. 2 little ones were playing skeeball and this other kid (a little older than my 2) starts taking the last few skee balls and throwing them....into the game, rolling them on the floor. When the game was over, he came running back and took the tickets they won, knocked over their coin cup and took a couple coins and ran off before I could get over there.

For some fucking reason, this little brat followed my 2 boys around screwing up whatever game they were playing. Finally, they wanted to play another game of skeeball and sure enough, this little fucker came running back over to screw up their game. I sat there with them and just kind of blocked this kid. Kept telling him to get out of here, find his parents, etc. I knew I couldn't, or shouldn't, touch the kid - but man I wanted to just punt him into the ball pit.

Haven't been back since. Those places are so dirty and a lot parents just use the video games as a way to let their kids run free.

Chiefnj2
02-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Walmart shoppers laugh at Chuck E Cheese patrons for being low class.

Lzen
02-23-2011, 01:09 PM
http://www.businesspundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/ziv5.jpg

Just Passin' By
02-23-2011, 01:28 PM

A 2005 survey showed that 84% of Americans had shopped at Walmart in the past year. You must just be exceptional enough to fall into that classy 16%. Congratulations to you.