PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security Democrat raises the stakes..get bloody

HonestChieffan
02-23-2011, 08:12 AM
http://nhjournal.com/2011/02/23/dem-rep-to-unions-time-to-get-‘bloody’/

So much for civil discourse. Lets have a good old fashioned riot, beat up taxpayers and non union folk. Storm the fort. Community organization at it's best.

Democrats who accept this sort of talk from one of their own should be ashamed.

fan4ever
02-23-2011, 08:58 AM

So much for civil discourse. Lets have a good old fashioned riot, beat up taxpayers and non union folk. Storm the fort. Community organization at it's best.

They're not ashamed; I would guess they're quietly applauding it.

blaise
02-23-2011, 08:59 AM
These right wing groups and Tea Partiers are raising the political rhetoric to dangerous levels.

Radar Chief
02-23-2011, 09:03 AM
He’s right. It’s time to crank it up a notch. BAM! X30 per magazine. /Jared Loughner

Too soon?

Mr. Kotter
02-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Unfortunately, there are plenty of kooks on both sides of the aisle.

When I see you post threads about it when it comes from reactionary right and tea party types, you'll have earned a bit more credibility than you currently have.

Lzen
02-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Is the media all over this violent rhetoric like they were after the shooting in AZ?

Mr. Kotter
02-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Is the media all over this violent rhetoric like they were after the shooting in AZ?

If and when people get shot or "bloody," you know they will be. It's all about ratings to them.

chiefsnorth
02-23-2011, 09:35 AM
He’s right. It’s time to crank it up a notch. BAM! X30 per magazine. /Jared Loughner

Too soon?

Yeah, where is all that "dangerous rhetoric" talk now?

jiveturkey
02-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Yeah, where is all that "dangerous rhetoric" talk now?
They guy just said it. It would be hard for it to become a national headline in a matter of minutes.

I believe that it certainly qualifies as dangerous rhetoric and he should be ashamed of himself.

It sounds like he's had a head full of crazy in the past too. This should make it more likely that Scott Brown keeps his seat in the Senate.

patteeu
02-23-2011, 11:04 AM

When I see you post threads about it when it comes from reactionary right and tea party types, you'll have earned a bit more credibility than you currently have.

It's odd that you chose to criticize HCF in this way instead of taking note that HCF had to post it because the job wasn't getting done by those calling for more civility just a few short weeks ago.

patteeu
02-23-2011, 11:05 AM
They guy just said it. It would be hard for it to become a national headline in a matter of minutes.

I believe that it certainly qualifies as dangerous rhetoric and he should be ashamed of himself.

It sounds like he's had a head full of crazy in the past too. This should make it more likely that Scott Brown keeps his seat in the Senate.

He said it yesterday. There's been plenty of time to see the response.

T-post Tom
02-23-2011, 11:13 AM

Poor choice of words, agreed. But they don't translate that into your words: "Lets have a good old fashioned riot, beat up taxpayers and non union folk. Storm the fort."

“I’m proud to be here with people who understand that it’s more than just sending an email to get you going. Every once and awhile you need to get out on the streets and get a little bloody when necessary,” Rep. Mike Capuano (D-Ma.) told a crowd in Boston on Tuesday rallying in solidarity for Wisconsin union members.

fan4ever
02-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Poor choice of words, agreed. But they don't translate that into your words: "Lets have a good old fashioned riot, beat up taxpayers and non union folk. Storm the fort."

“I’m proud to be here with people who understand that it’s more than just sending an email to get you going. Every once and awhile you need to get out on the streets and get a little bloody when necessary,” Rep. Mike Capuano (D-Ma.) told a crowd in Boston on Tuesday rallying in solidarity for Wisconsin union members.

Every once in a while you need to get out on the streets and "Get your hands dirty", "take action" or even "take the gloves off" etc, etc, etc,...really think none of these other phrases popped into his head? C'mon.

It's funny; there's another thread trying to ridicule Palin because of some select emails, and here's a guy right out in public saying this kind of crap and it's getting little to no attention... How unusual.

go bowe
02-23-2011, 11:34 AM
http://nhjournal.com/2011/02/23/dem-rep-to-unions-time-to-get-‘bloody’/ (http://nhjournal.com/2011/02/23/dem-rep-to-unions-time-to-get-%E2%80%98bloody%E2%80%99/)

Democrats who accept this sort of talk from one of their own should be ashamed.i'm not a democrat, but i don't "accept" calls for violence, no matter who is making them...

besides, are you reading too much into getting "bloody"?

headsnap
02-23-2011, 12:17 PM
besides, are you reading too much into getting "bloody"?

LOL

"crosshairs" "target" "takeout"...

FD
02-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Things are getting heated all around:

On Saturday night, when Mother Jones staffers tweeted a report that riot police might soon sweep demonstrators out of the Wisconsin capitol building—something that didn't end up happening—one Twitter user sent out a chilling public response: "Use live ammunition."

From my own Twitter account, I confronted the user, JCCentCom. He tweeted back that the demonstrators were "political enemies" and "thugs" who were "physically threatening legally elected officials." In response to such behavior, he said, "You're damned right I advocate deadly force." He later called me a "typical leftist," adding, "liberals hate police."

Only later did we realize that JCCentCom was a deputy attorney general for the state of Indiana.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/02/indiana-official-jeff-cox-live-ammunition-against-wisconsin-protesters

I have a feeling this guy will be the former deputy attorney general soon.

Chief Henry
02-23-2011, 12:43 PM
Every once in a while you need to get out on the streets and "Get your hands dirty", "take action" or even "take the gloves off" etc, etc, etc,...really think none of these other phrases popped into his head? C'mon.

It's funny; there's another thread trying to ridicule Palin because of some select emails, and here's a guy right out in public saying this kind of crap and it's getting little to no attention... How unusual.

You will soon be accused of being a white wing, bible thumping, middle class hating, rich man if you keep this up.

dirk digler
02-23-2011, 12:47 PM
Bad bad man.

And the Governor of Wisconsin called hard working middle class people bastards.

Where is the civility?

blaise
02-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Bad bad man.

And the Governor of Wisconsin called hard working middle class people bastards.

Where is the civility?

Fuck off you subhuman fucking fuck asshat fuck.

go bowe
02-23-2011, 12:51 PM
LOL

"crosshairs" "target" "takeout"...too-shay, moan omhee...

a very good point, but "bloody" isn't as bad as takeout... /lame response

go bowe
02-23-2011, 12:53 PM
**** off you subhuman ****ing **** asshat ****.jooooo lover...

BigChiefFan
02-23-2011, 12:54 PM
It's a catch 22. The unions have become anti-productive in one breath and in the other, the government had ample money to pay and chose not to. I suspect they are both the same entity when you climb up the ladder.

dirk digler
02-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Fuck off you subhuman fucking fuck asshat fuck.

NO YOU DIDN'T

kcfanXIII
02-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Use live ammunition against protesters? Ya that's not gonna cause any problems.

dirk digler
02-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Use live ammunition against protesters? Ya that's not gonna cause any problems.

WHERE IS THE CIVILITY HCF!!!!!!!

Garcia Bronco
02-23-2011, 02:13 PM
If they do that then it's time to get out the hoses and the rubber bullets.

orange
02-23-2011, 04:25 PM

Update: In an email to Mother Jones Wednesday afternoon, Indiana AG's spokesman Bryan Corbin confirmed that Cox had lost his job. The full statement:

Today the Indiana Attorney General’s Office announced that Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey Cox is no longer employed by this agency.

The Indiana Attorney General’s Office conducted a thorough and expeditious review after “Mother Jones” magazine today published an article attributing private Twitter postings and private blog postings to Cox.

Civility and courtesy toward all members of the public are very important to the Indiana Attorney General’s Office. We respect individuals’ First Amendment right to express their personal views on private online forums, but as public servants we are held by the public to a higher standard, and we should strive for civility.

FD
02-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Update: In an email to Mother Jones Wednesday afternoon, Indiana AG's spokesman Bryan Corbin confirmed that Cox had lost his job. The full statement:

Today the Indiana Attorney General’s Office announced that Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey Cox is no longer employed by this agency.

The Indiana Attorney General’s Office conducted a thorough and expeditious review after “Mother Jones” magazine today published an article attributing private Twitter postings and private blog postings to Cox.

Civility and courtesy toward all members of the public are very important to the Indiana Attorney General’s Office. We respect individuals’ First Amendment right to express their personal views on private online forums, but as public servants we are held by the public to a higher standard, and we should strive for civility.

One of the nice things about the rise of facebook/twitter is that it makes it easier to spot the idiots of the world.

orange
02-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Cox had lost his job.

Stay Down, Bitch!

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/assets_c/2011/02/jeff-cox-new-2011-cropped-proto-custom_2.jpg
Indiana Deputy Attorney General Jeff Cox

Saul Good
02-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Things are getting heated all around:

http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/02/indiana-official-jeff-cox-live-ammunition-against-wisconsin-protesters

If they have, as he stated, physically threatened elected officials, wouldn't you expect them to be dealt with by law enforcement officers with live ammunition? If you fail to signal a lane change, you can be dealt with by law enforcement officers with live ammunition.

Saul Good
02-23-2011, 06:01 PM

I don't give a shit about him saying this. I only have a problem with the selective outrage on the part of those who did have a problem with it when it was members on the right.

FD
02-23-2011, 06:08 PM
If they have, as he stated, physically threatened elected officials, wouldn't you expect them to be dealt with by law enforcement officers with live ammunition? If you fail to signal a lane change, you can be dealt with by law enforcement officers with live ammunition.

Are you really suggesting that in the United States, the police should be free to shoot and kill any protesters they feel "threatened" by?

orange
02-23-2011, 06:11 PM
http://www.forgottenoh.com/KentState/kent-famousphoto.jpg

Saul Good
02-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Are you really suggesting that in the United States, the police should be free to shoot and kill any protesters they feel "threatened" by?

Not at all. If they threaten an elected official, they should be apprehended by officers carrying live ammunition, though. That said, this guy deserves to lose his job over the "deadly force" comment.

FD
02-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Not at all. If they threaten an elected official, they should be apprehended by officers carrying live ammunition, though. That said, this guy deserves to lose his job over the "deadly force" comment.

I understand your point, but his live ammunition comment was his suggestion for how to clear the crowds out. Thats not how we deal with protests in this country.

HonestChieffan
02-23-2011, 06:36 PM

I'll be on the lookout. So far the republicans just go do the job they were elected to do while the deems go run for the border to avoid the job and the unions have a protest because the republicans are going to work.

My credibility has little to do with a call for blood by this dude..it's more his cred you should focus on.

go bowe
02-23-2011, 08:01 PM

You will soon be accused of being a white wing, bible thumping, middle class hating, rich man if you keep this up.i'm almost afraid to ask, but what is a white wing?

Direckshun
02-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah, it took us about two weeks after Tuscon to slide back into poisonous rhetoric pretending its public discourse.

It's getting back to normal now. Embrace it.

HonestChieffan
02-23-2011, 09:33 PM
[quote=Chief Henry;7448200]i'm almost afraid to ask, but what is a white wing?

It's a dove. Google it...lots in Arizona, Mexico, on into SA. Fun to hunt, bigger than a Mourning Dove, tasty morsels.

Radar Chief
02-24-2011, 09:54 AM
i'm almost afraid to ask, but what is a white wing?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aJW7-gvruic" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>