PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Rachel Maddow at Free State Brewery

Bambi
02-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Takes on the clowns from Operation Rescue.

Go away, abortion is legal and it always will be. Stop murdering and intimidating.

Illegally passing on patients medical records..

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jyBaxE_mJKg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mnchiefsguy
02-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Probably more people eating dinner there than actually watch her show.

Bambi
02-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Probably more people eating dinner there than actually watch her show.

Really? She pretty much drove Larry King into retirement because her ratings dominated him so much.

But if you think so...

mnchiefsguy
02-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Really? She pretty much drove Larry King into retirement because her ratings dominated him so much.

But if you think so...

That was a funny joke, right? Her show is not very highly rated...Fox dominates the time slot.

Bambi
02-24-2011, 09:17 PM
That was a funny joke, right? Her show is not very highly rated...Fox dominates the time slot.

I don't argue the fact that most people who sit around on their sofas eating dinner watching TV are republican and watch fox news. That's fine, point is she's making some important points regarding the violent intimidation and murder lead by Operation Rescue against the people of Kansas.

It's nice that there is some national attention coming to the issue.

mnchiefsguy
02-24-2011, 09:21 PM
Too bad Maddow does not care about babies.

SNR
02-24-2011, 09:26 PM

But if you think so...I think old age drove Larry King into retirement, aksh

Bambi
02-24-2011, 09:26 PM
Too bad Maddow does not care about babies.

How are you a Chiefs fan?

According to the numbers many Chiefs players have dealt with having to have an abortion.

Do they not care about babies?

blaise
02-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Wickedson is almost like someone doing a douchey hipster schtick. For laughs.

Bambi
02-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Wickedson is almost like someone doing a douchey hipster schtick. For laughs.

eh, we're Kansas.

We started the Civil War and won.

Don't see what there is to change. :thumb:

Bewbies
02-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Defend abortion all you want. It makes you look sophisticated and above the fray.

blaise
02-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Defend abortion all you want. It makes you look sophisticated and above the fray.

Throw in some "God is just a fairy tale" if you want to look super hip.

mnchiefsguy
02-24-2011, 09:36 PM

Even if Wickedson threw that in, he would still not look super hip.

HonestChieffan
02-24-2011, 09:41 PM
http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/abortion_womb-nyc.jpg

(NY Daily News) – A controversial anti-abortion billboard in SoHo equating abortion among black women with genocide is coming down.

The Rev. Al Sharpton says Lamar Outdoor advertising has agreed to yank the ad above Sixth Ave. and Watts St., which features a picture of a young black girl below the message, “The most dangerous place for African Americans is in the womb.”

“The billboard was offensive, especially during Black History Month, and I had intended to hold a press conference Friday in front of the billboard to protest the message of racial profiling and against a woman”s right to choose,” Sharpton said Thursday.

Life Always, the Texas-based anti-abortion group that sponsored the ad, said it hoped to raise public awarenewss of Planned Parenthood’s “targeting of minority neighborhoods.”

Libs hate stuff like this.

Dallas Chief
02-24-2011, 09:43 PM
I don't argue the fact that most people who sit around on their sofas eating dinner watching TV are republican and watch fox news. That's fine, point is she's making some important points regarding the violent intimidation and murder lead by Operation Rescue against the people of Kansas.

It's nice that there is some national attention coming to the issue.

And that's the condescending, elitist, liberal, dickhead attitude that keeps those same people on their couch and voting republican. That's the point, hot shot, that you guys can't seem to figure out.

Dallas Chief
02-24-2011, 09:47 PM

(NY Daily News) – A controversial anti-abortion billboard in SoHo equating abortion among black women with genocide is coming down.

The Rev. Al Sharpton says Lamar Outdoor advertising has agreed to yank the ad above Sixth Ave. and Watts St., which features a picture of a young black girl below the message, “The most dangerous place for African Americans is in the womb.”

“The billboard was offensive, especially during Black History Month, and I had intended to hold a press conference Friday in front of the billboard to protest the message of racial profiling and against a woman”s right to choose,” Sharpton said Thursday.

Life Always, the Texas-based anti-abortion group that sponsored the ad, said it hoped to raise public awarenewss of Planned Parenthood’s “targeting of minority neighborhoods.”

I find it very offensive, in any month. I don't need my 7 year old seeing that. There is an appropriate way to do things, and IMO, this isn't it.

stevieray
02-24-2011, 09:57 PM
inalienable right to life. unless your mom decides otherwise.

'planned parenthood targeting of minority neighborhoods' is an elephant in the room that needs to be acknowledged. The roots lie with Sanger, who wanted to 'cull the herd' of Americans of color.

HonestChieffan
02-24-2011, 09:59 PM
I find it very offensive, in any month. I don't need my 7 year old seeing that. There is an appropriate way to do things, and IMO, this isn't it.

I feel the same way about Al Sharpton.

dirk digler
02-24-2011, 10:02 PM

I do too. I think that ad is disgusting. Whoever came up with it needs to be aborted

Bambi
02-24-2011, 10:02 PM
And that's the condescending, elitist, liberal, dickhead attitude that keeps those same people on their couch and voting republican. That's the point, hot shot, that you guys can't seem to figure out.

Huh? I was just explaining why it was that fox got such high ratings at that time.

It's not like it's some big secret.

Chiefshrink
02-24-2011, 10:03 PM

Libs have never dealt with 'reality very well':rolleyes:

Dave Lane
02-24-2011, 10:06 PM

Can I play? Oh please please please :)

Dallas Chief
02-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Huh? I was just explaining why it was that fox got such high ratings at that time.

OK. I guess I took it the wrong way.

Dallas Chief
02-24-2011, 10:09 PM
I feel the same way about Al Sharpton.

Me too. He is a cockroach as far as I am concerned.

jettio
02-24-2011, 10:14 PM
I am not sure why that billboard has a 7-year old.

That seems inappropriate because that kid was not aborted and that kid should be presumed not to be sexually active at that age.

The facts about disproportionate abortions deserve mention but people talking about that should also be frank about the disproportionate number of out-of-wedlock pregnancies.

Dallas Chief
02-24-2011, 10:16 PM
inalienable right to life. unless your mom decides otherwise.

'planned parenthood targeting of minority neighborhoods' is an elephant in the room that needs to be acknowledged. The roots lie with Sanger, who wanted to 'cull the herd' of Americans of color.

I'm with you man. I am just of the very strong opinion that the message needs to be delivered in a manner that is above reproach. There is no need to create a great big target for the libtards to shoot at. They dream up plenty of them on their own. Our side needs to do it better, cleaner, and with our moral compass pointed in the right direction.

fan4ever
02-24-2011, 10:20 PM

...that and most Republican's couches aren't from Rent-A-Center.

blaise
02-24-2011, 10:24 PM

It's common knowledge that Republicans eat dinner on their couches in front of TV?

ForeverChiefs58
02-24-2011, 10:39 PM
She says people from another state moved to kansas to stop abortion, she stresses abortion is legal and this is very wrong. While I do agree with her, I thought starting the show telling the history about how great kansas is because people moved there from another state to stop slavery, which was also legal at the time, was great and the right thing to do was very contradictory.

MagicHef
02-24-2011, 10:40 PM
I guess I don't understand what is offensive about that ad. Is it reporting African American statistics alone that is offensive? Should statistics of other races be included to make it not offensive? It also seems that a picture of a child that has not been aborted is much less offensive than a picture of one that has.

Bewbies
02-24-2011, 10:50 PM
It's common knowledge that Republicans eat dinner on their couches in front of TV?

It's what we do after we do the other thing democrats don't do. Get home from work.

Bewbies
02-24-2011, 10:52 PM
If you want to make anti Planned Parenthood or anti-abortion ads, just use Sangers quotes. Who really wants to support an organization that was created to exterminate black people?

Bambi
02-24-2011, 11:14 PM
She says people from another state moved to kansas to stop abortion, she stresses abortion is legal and this is very wrong. While I do agree with her, I thought starting the show telling the history about how great kansas is because people moved there from another state to stop slavery, which was also legal at the time, was great and the right thing to do was very contradictory.

I don't believe slavery was ever legal in Kansas.

It's true that at the time Kanas was an area that was seen as open to being taken over by the south so they moved to prevent that.

I think New York was the only northern state to permit slavery but I could be wrong.

Abortion is legal in all 50 states and rightly so. It needs to be protected.

Bambi
02-24-2011, 11:22 PM
I guess I don't understand what is offensive about that ad. Is it reporting African American statistics alone that is offensive? Should statistics of other races be included to make it not offensive? It also seems that a picture of a child that has not been aborted is much less offensive than a picture of one that has.

I don't really care about the race issue. I'm offended by it because they are trying to take away a legal right for women. The law has been decided, I would feel the same way about an "ad" that promoted pedophilia, murder or rape.

We have a Supreme Court in this country for a reason. It should be respected.

blaise
02-24-2011, 11:25 PM

It's true that at the time Kanas was an area that was seen as open to being taken over by the south so they moved to prevent that.

I think New York was the only northern state to permit slavery but I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong on that.

Bambi
02-24-2011, 11:26 PM
I'm pretty sure you're wrong on that.

yeah, new jersey.

Point is Kansas never allowed such an inhumane act.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a9/US-SlaveryPercentbyState1790-1860.png

KILLER_CLOWN
02-24-2011, 11:36 PM
I don't really care about the race issue. I'm offended by it because they are trying to take away a legal right for women. The law has been decided, I would feel the same way about an "ad" that promoted pedophilia, murder or rape.

ya cuz pedophilia, murder and rape are the same as saving a babies life. :rolleyes:

Bewbies
02-24-2011, 11:45 PM
yeah, new jersey.

Point is Kansas never allowed such an inhumane act.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a9/US-SlaveryPercentbyState1790-1860.png

As bad as slavery was, and it was horrible, it's not worse than killing. There was a time when "the law was decided" and it was ok to own another man. The same will happen one day with killing children.

In the future there will be a day when people look back at our generation(s) as savages the same way we look back and view slave owners the same way.

Taco John
02-24-2011, 11:50 PM
The abortion debate could easily be solved with science. There is a scientific threshold that a baby passes where it has a functioning brain, and it responds to stimuli. At this point, it is a living human and should be morally afforded the basic human right to life.

When it comes to weather, leftists are yelling about science until they're blue in the face. But apparently in the abortion debate, science aint so cool.

LiveSteam
02-24-2011, 11:53 PM
Its the one topic I think only women should have a vote or a say in.
Let them cat claw it out amongst them selves.
If I could stick IT where I really want to. ("THATS THE WRONG HOLE") She would never have to worry about getting pregnant in the first place. :shrug:

RubberSponge
02-24-2011, 11:57 PM
As pretty much a lifelong Wichitian, and Kansan I must say Operation Rescue has brought more ill wills to the community than abortion ever has. The way Operation Rescue disrupts our community is not looked at very fondly with most Wichitians. For decades the citizens of our community and our healthcare providers has been has been under the continued threat of violent criminal activity that is being carried out by anti-abortion forces.

They intimidate business and property owners with threats to them and their clients. They murder, they vandalize, they kidnap, they bomb. These are the acts of supposed christians fighting for supposed christian values. Those that participate in the criminal activity are religious terrorists and should be treated and prosecuted that way. I know some of you may think that may be a tad bit harsh to call them terrorists, but quite frankly that's exactly what they are. And my 30yrs of dealing with it in this community, sometimes at my own doorstep and property lines has proven to me exactly what they are.

Bewbies
02-25-2011, 12:00 AM
As pretty much a lifelong Wichitian, and Kansan I must say Operation Rescue has brought more ill wills to the community than abortion ever has. The way Operation Rescue disrupts our community is not looked at very fondly with most Wichitians. For decades the citizens of our community and our healthcare providers has been has been under the continued threat of violent criminal activity that is being carried out by anti-abortion forces.

They intimidate business and property owners with threats to them and their clients. They murder, they vandalize, they kidnap, they bomb. These are the acts of supposed christians fighting for supposed christian values. Those that participate in the criminal activity are religious terrorists and should be treated and prosecuted that way. I know some of you may think that may be a tad bit harsh to call them terrorists, but quite frankly that's exactly what they are. And my 30yrs of dealing with it in this community, sometimes at my own doorstep and property lines has proven to me what exactly they are.

There's a reason why people try to paint anyone who opposes abortion as the same as the nuts in this group.

RubberSponge
02-25-2011, 12:08 AM
There's a reason why people try to paint anyone who opposes abortion as the same as the nuts in this group.

I don't paint any non-violent anti-abortionist as a terrorist. They ones that do particiapte in the thousands of acts of criminal activity against pro-choice providers and all those who support them are though.

What happens when you have people run amuck in your home? You either kick them out or to the curb. What's the problem with non-violent anti-abortionists that seem to not be able to take out their trash? Afraid the intimidation and crimes may come home to roost? I'm betting so. Bunch of...

Bewbies
02-25-2011, 12:26 AM
I don't paint any non-violent anti-abortionist as a terrorist. They ones that do particiapte in the thousands of acts of criminal activity against pro-choice providers and all those who support them are though.

What happens when you have people run amuck in your home? You either kick them out or to the curb. What's the problem with non-violent anti-abortionists that seem to not be able to take out their trash? Afraid the intimidation and crimes may come home to roost? I'm betting so. Bunch of...

What's with democrats not taking out Fred Phelps? He's a democrat, yet they do nothing.....

Seriously, nice weak ass attempt to pretend not to paint people one way then to do exactly that.

RubberSponge
02-25-2011, 12:58 AM
What's with democrats not taking out Fred Phelps? He's a democrat, yet they do nothing.....

Seriously, nice weak ass attempt to pretend not to paint people one way then to do exactly that.

Uh, you don't think Fred Phelps isn't castigated and criticized by Democrats? He is held accountable from everybody except his own clan. There isn't even the slightest connection to Democrats anymore. We have pushed him out of our camp. But thanks for making up an argument to try to further distort and push away legitmate complaints about activity happening in your own camp.

Weak attempt? Do you have reading comprehension problem, or are you just looking to fill a void in your life with creating a fake argument? I clearly stated that non-violent anti-abortionists shouldn't be considered terrorists. Those that commit crimes should though. I guess I could be like you and try to make an arguement where there isn't one by stating you're defending violent criminals, but I won't.

Bewbies
02-25-2011, 01:20 AM

Dipshit.

MagicHef
02-25-2011, 01:30 AM

Do you feel the same way when you see an ad about legalizing marijuana? Or hear someone argue about changing tax laws?

Also, race has everything to do with it. Are you unaware of the beginnings of Planned Parenthood?

RubberSponge
02-25-2011, 01:31 AM
Dipshit.

Is that all you have got? I'm seriously laughing at you right now. That's how associations/affliations work, buddy. I'm sorry you haven't learned that in life yet. It's about the company you keep.

How do you feel about a legal business owner, and the owner of the property is being harrassed and intimidated with threats of violence by anti-abortion people? How does that fit in with your pro-business stance?

blaise
02-25-2011, 04:20 AM
Is that all you have got? I'm seriously laughing at you right now. That's how associations/affliations work, buddy. I'm sorry you haven't learned that in life yet. It's about the company you keep.

How do you feel about a legal business owner, and the owner of the property is being harrassed and intimidated with threats of violence by anti-abortion people? How does that fit in with your pro-business stance?

So, the nonviolent pro life crowd should be able to police the violent ones? Take out their trash how? I guess the company you keep right now is this message board and so you should be able to police everything everyone here says.

RubberSponge
02-25-2011, 04:32 AM
So, the nonviolent pro life crowd should be able to police the violent ones? Take out their trash how? I guess the company you keep right now is this message board and so you should be able to police everything everyone here says.

Yes. We can go tit for tat if you want to. Comparitively using crime statistics the Pro-Choice crowd is much better at silencing it's crazies than the anti-choice crowd. Or maybe we just aren't as crazy.

Are you suggesting there aren't posters who are ridiculed and subject to punishments from their actions by other posters on this message board? I haven't been around here for too long, but I know better than that.

blaise
02-25-2011, 04:45 AM
Yes. We can go tit for tat if you want to. Comparitively using crime statistics the Pro-Choice crowd is much better at silencing it's crazies than the anti-choice crowd. Or maybe we just aren't as crazy.

Are you suggesting there aren't posters who are ridiculed and subject to punishments from their actions by other posters on this message board? I haven't been around here for too long, but I know better than that.

Oh, good. Now we can officially blame all the Muslims for terrorist acts by others, too.

RubberSponge
02-25-2011, 05:11 AM
Oh, good. Now we can officially blame all the Muslims for terrorist acts by others, too.

Your repsonse points to being not able to refute anything in my post. Thanks.

Blame? Well blame is a word used to insinuate guilt. I don't think non-violent muslims are guilty of terrorism, as well as non-violent anti-abortionists. I've quite clearly pointed that out in my previous posts. Complacent with terrorists claiming to be muslim? Absolutely! Complacent is the proper word to be used.

blaise
02-25-2011, 05:21 AM
Your repsonse points to being not able to refute anything in my post. Thanks.

Blame? Well blame is a word used to insinuate guilt. I don't think non-violent muslims are guilty of terrorism, as well as non-violent anti-abortionists. I've quite clearly pointed that out in my previous posts. Complacent with terrorists claiming to be muslim? Absolutely! Complacent is the proper word to be used.

Refute what? Have you offered something other that your opinion? You've laid out nothing, really. I'm not sure what I would be refuting.
And no, I don't think you've clearly pointed out anything. You've said non-violent pro lifers are not guilty of terrorism but you seem to be saying they bear responsibility for the actions of those that engage in violence. Guilt by association is how you painted it. Well, if that's the case, non violent Muslims are responsible for the actions of violent Muslims.

RubberSponge
02-25-2011, 05:48 AM
Refute what? Have you offered something other that your opinion? You've laid out nothing, really. I'm not sure what I would be refuting.
And no, I don't think you've clearly pointed out anything. You've said non-violent pro lifers are not guilty of terrorism but you seem to be saying they bear responsibility for the actions of those that engage in violence. Guilt by association is how you painted it. Well, if that's the case, non violent Muslims are responsible for the actions of violent Muslims.

I haven't said they bear the resposibility for those crimes. I've said more than once the people responsible for the crimes are the ones who commit them. Why is that you are trying to say things I've clearly not said?

blaise
02-25-2011, 06:01 AM
I haven't said they bear the resposibility for those crimes. I've said more than once the people responsible for the crimes are the ones who commit them. Why is that you are trying to say things I've clearly not said?

Well, it probably has something to do with you saying non violent pro lifers should be able to "take out the trash." That indicates they bear some sort of responsibility, to me.

RubberSponge
02-25-2011, 06:10 AM
Well, it probably has something to do with you saying non violent pro lifers should be able to "take out the trash." That indicates they bear some sort of responsibility, to me.

That statement does not say that non-violent followers bear responsibilty for the crimes commited by the violent ones. Where are you getting this nonsense? Taking out the trash doesn't mean you are responsible for someone elses actions. It just means you need to clean up your yard that someone else and their movement is trashing. And until you clean up the trash in your yard, because they won't clean up the mess they caused for you, abortion will stay exactly like it is. Legal.

blaise
02-25-2011, 06:14 AM
That statement does not say that non-violent followers bear responsibilty for the crimes commited by the violent ones. Where are you getting this nonsense? Taking out the trash doesn't mean you are responsible for someone elses actions. It just means you need to clean up your yard that someone else and their movement is trashing. And until you clean up the trash in your yard, because they won't clean up the mess they caused for you, abortion will stay exactly like it is. Legal.

No, it's not nonsense, and I'm getting it from your posts. Not sure where the confusion lies. I think any reasonable person would think you were saying they bear some responsibility when you said, "take out the trash."
Maybe you're not reasonable, I don't know. That, or you're just doing a terrible job articulating.
Either way, thanks for the discussion, all star!

RubberSponge
02-25-2011, 06:36 AM
No, it's not nonsense, and I'm getting it from your posts. Not sure where the confusion lies. I think any reasonable person would think you were saying they bear some responsibility when you said, "take out the trash."
Maybe you're not reasonable, I don't know. That, or you're just doing a terrible job articulating.
Either way, thanks for the discussion, all star!

Don't give up so easily, Nancy! When you come home and find a piece of trash in your yard. What do you do? Do you wait for the person who put it there to come back and pick it up, or do you beautify your lawn by removing the waste? Your responsibilty lies with the lawn, not the trash. But you can't beautify your lawn without dealing with the trash. Putting this into perspective with your anti-abortion position. Your responsibilty is to make your movement pristine so you can accomplish what you want. The violence that consumes the anti-abortion movement is tarnishing your position. Does that make you responsible for it? No. But it does make you have to deal with it. Absolutely, yes!

Point is, cleaning up trash isn't about the trash, it's about keeping what's under it pristine.

Or you could continue just let the trash come into your neighbors yard, like you've been doing. Your choice.

blaise
02-25-2011, 07:03 AM
Don't give up so easily, Nancy! When you come home and find a piece of trash in your yard. What do you do? Do you wait for the person who put it there to come back and pick it up, or do you beautify your lawn by removing the waste? Your responsibilty lies with the lawn, not the trash. But you can't beautify your lawn without dealing with the trash. Putting this into perspective with your anti-abortion position. Your responsibilty is to make your movement pristine so you can accomplish what you want. The violence that consumes the anti-abortion movement is tarnishing your position. Does that make you responsible for it? No. But it does make you have to deal with it. Absolutely, yes!

Point is, cleaning up trash isn't about the trash, it's about keeping what's under it pristine.

Or you could continue just let the trash come into your neighbors yard, like you've been doing. Your choice.

So, Muslims should clean up the trash in their yard, too?
You're protesting too much. Just own what you said, sport. Unless you're aiming for next year's DOTY award.

blaise
02-25-2011, 07:09 AM
Seriously, though, someone give me a third party opinion. This rubbersponge guy's argument that he's saying pro-lifers need to clean up the trash, but then claiming he's not trying to assign any responsibility seems just incredibly lame. Is it me? I don't get it.

Baby Lee
02-25-2011, 07:18 AM
Seriously, though, someone give me a third party opinion. This rubbersponge guy's argument that he's saying pro-lifers need to clean up the trash, but then claiming he's not trying to assign any responsibility seems just incredibly lame. Is it me? I don't get it.

Best I can figure, it's something like having a daughter in porn, maybe not your fault, but still doesn't reflect positively on you. But then, why would it reflect poorly on you unless there was an inkling that you were a little at fault?

RubberSponge
02-25-2011, 07:34 AM
So, Muslims should clean up the trash in their yard, too?
You're protesting too much. Just own what you said, sport. Unless you're aiming for next year's DOTY award.

Absolutely they should. Who better to take care of issues from muslims that misrepresent other muslims beliefs on a whole, than other muslims?

RubberSponge
02-25-2011, 07:36 AM
Best I can figure, it's something like having a daughter in porn, maybe not your fault, but still doesn't reflect positively on you. But then, why would it reflect poorly on you unless there was an inkling that you were a little at fault?

Being ashamed of something and standing up to that shame is quite different than feeling a responsiblity for someone elses shameful actions.

blaise
02-25-2011, 07:46 AM

That seems to be saying that they should be able to exert control. As if one group is responsible for the actions of another.
It's one thing to say they should publicly condemn violence, but you're taking it a step further and suggesting non-violent pro-lifers should be able to control the actions of any group that has a pro-life stance, and that's just silly.
If they're not responsible why would they "be able" to do anything?

RubberSponge
02-25-2011, 08:30 AM
That seems to be saying that they should be able to exert control. As if one group is responsible for the actions of another.
It's one thing to say they should publicly condemn violence, but you're taking it a step further and suggesting non-violent pro-lifers should be able to control the actions of any group that has a pro-life stance, and that's just silly.
If they're not responsible why would they "be able" to do anything?

Once again, I've quite clearly stated non-violent anti-abortionists are not responsible for the actions of the violent offenders. Multiple times now.

But hey, if you want to standly idly by while they join forces with you in your fight against abortion and trash any chance of your ability to have reasonable and honest dialogue about the issue, go right ahead. Doesn't make you responsible for their crimes. Just makes you dumb enough to not realize the damage being done to your position by them.

blaise
02-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Once again, I've quite clearly stated non-violent anti-abortionists are not responsible for the actions of the violent offenders. Multiple times now.

But hey, if you want to standly idly by while they join forces with you in your fight against abortion and trash any chance of your ability to have reasonable and honest dialogue about the issue, go right ahead. Doesn't make you responsible for their crimes. Just makes you dumb enough to not realize the damage being done to your position by them.

I know you've clearly stated that. You also were indignant when I initially suggested that you held them partly responsible, as if my suggesting it was absurd. When, clearly, in the line I bolded above, you seemed to be saying they were. You said I was putting words in your mouth- I wasn't. The bold faced line above was your own words. If you want to say you worded it poorly, that's fine. Just don't pretend that line didn't imply some degree of responsibility.

LOCOChief
02-25-2011, 08:34 AM
I do too. I think that ad is disgusting. Whoever came up with it needs to be aborted

exactly because abortion is what bad people should have happen to them.

RubberSponge
02-25-2011, 08:41 AM
I know you've clearly stated that. You also were indignant when I initially suggested that you held them partly responsible, as if my suggesting it was absurd. When, clearly, in the line I bolded above, you seemed to be saying they were. You said I was putting words in your mouth- I wasn't. The bold faced line above was your own words. If you want to say you worded it poorly, that's fine. Just don't pretend that line didn't imply some degree of responsibility.

And no where does it state that I said you were responsible for their actions. Quite a bit of assumptions on the intent of my words byond what was posted.

If we were having a discussion about cereal and I said I really like General Mills cereals, you would have come back with why do I hate Kellogg cereals? :facepalm:

blaise
02-25-2011, 09:00 AM
And no where does it state that I said you were responsible for their actions. Quite a bit of assumptions on the intent of my words byond what was posted.

If we were having a discussion about cereal and I said I really like General Mills cereals, you would have come back with why do I hate Kellogg cereals? :facepalm:

No, you made a statement. It was poorly worded on your part, according to your posts following the statement, and you're obviously not willing to admit that. That's ok, I understand.

Bewbies
02-25-2011, 09:12 AM
exactly because abortion is what bad people should have happen to them.

It's better than a life of eating ramen noodles. (http://michellemalkin.com/2011/02/17/democrat-rep-gwen-moore-abortion-is-better-for-unplanned-babies-than-having-to-eat-ramen-noodles/) :shake:

RubberSponge
02-25-2011, 09:14 AM
No, you made a statement. It was poorly worded on your part, according to your posts following the statement, and you're obviously not willing to admit that. That's ok, I understand.

Admit to saying things I didn't say? The misrepresentation of me by your continued insistence of claiming I'm saying that non-violent anti-abortionists are responsible is solely on you. I'm not responsible for words I didn't say. Bu tit's okay.

blaise
02-25-2011, 09:16 AM
Admit to saying things I didn't say? The misrepresentation of me by your continued insistence of claiming I'm saying that non-violent anti-abortionists are responsible is solely on you. I'm not responsible for words I didn't say. Bu tit's okay.

I'm not saying you are. I'm saying you said what you said. You said one group should be able to control another group. That's what you said. I'm not putting words in your mouth.

Bewbies
02-25-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm not saying you are. I'm saying you said what you said. You said one group should be able to control another group. That's what you said. I'm not putting words in your mouth.

Waste. Of. Breath.

ForeverChiefs58
02-25-2011, 01:05 PM

No, but it was legal in missouri, and she spent the begining talking about the history of people from another state moving to kansas and the violence between the two states over an issue that was legal in missouri, and most certainly praising those efforts back then.

Now there is once again people moving to kansas causing violence over a legal issue. Just found it stange she would bring it up almost as an unintended comparison.

mnchiefsguy
02-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Just heard a statistic on the radio...41% of pregnancies in New York City are aborted. In the African-American community in New York, it is 59%...more black babies are aborted in New York City than are actually born. Very sad.

MagicHef
02-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Sorry to distract from such interesting dialogue in this thread, but are the only reasons that ad is offensive really "it mentions race" and "its arguing to change a law?" I thought that someone would have a better reason than those.

MagicHef
02-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Just heard a statistic on the radio...41% of pregnancies in New York City are aborted. In the African-American community in New York, it is 59%...more black babies are aborted in New York City than are actually born. Very sad.

Careful, you're probably offending someone by talking about it.

ForeverChiefs58
02-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Do you feel the same way when you see an ad about legalizing marijuana? Or hear someone argue about changing tax laws?

Also, race has everything to do with it. Are you unaware of the beginnings of Planned Parenthood?

What in the heck is wrong with Planned Parenthood?

mnchiefsguy
02-25-2011, 01:27 PM

Their founder was actually quite the racist. She was into eugenics. If you google "planned parenthood founder eugenics", these are the top two links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger

http://www.blackgenocide.org/sanger.html

MagicHef
02-25-2011, 01:32 PM

It was created to decrease the number of African Americans in the country, along with other "undesirables." Sadly, it's working.

Chief Henry
02-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Libs have never dealt with 'reality very well':rolleyes:

Very true...specially when you put the truth infront of them like this billboard.

ForeverChiefs58
02-25-2011, 01:52 PM
It was created to decrease the number of African Americans in the country, along with other "undesirables." Sadly, it's working.

Really? I did not know that. I had an old girlfriend that use to go there to get her birth control pills because they were very cheap there. Also had a family relative get pregnant at an early age and she went there and discussed her options. As I recall they were very informative and helpful, and afterwards she decided to keep her pregnancy, but they were very helpful to make sure she made the choice that was best for her.

Bewbies
02-25-2011, 01:52 PM
In the African-American community in New York, it is 59%...more black babies are aborted in New York City than are actually born.

Be proud ye enlightened pro-abortionists, Sanger's vision is working. You may call it settled law, or you may call it "unfortunate," but there is no denying using Planned Parenthood to wipe out the black population is a smashing success.

Chief Henry
02-25-2011, 01:53 PM

You mean its a law that we need to abide by ?

ForeverChiefs58
02-25-2011, 02:01 PM

You might be misinformed because wikipedia says "Despite allegations of racism by pro life groups, Sanger's work with minorities earned the respect of civil rights leaders such as Martin Luther King, Jr."

Also this:

"In 1930, Sanger opened a family planning clinic in Harlem that sought to enlist support for contraceptive use and to bring the benefits of family planning to women who were denied access to their city's health and social services. Staffed by a black physician and black social worker, the clinic was endorsed by The Amsterdam News (the powerful local newspaper), the Abyssinian Baptist Church, the Urban League, and the black community's elder statesman, W. E. B. Du Bois."

And this:

"In 1957, the American Humanist Association named her Humanist of the Year. A residential building is named after her on the Stony Brook University campus. A room in Wellesley College's library is named after her. Margaret Sanger Square is the leafy intersection of Mott Street and Bleecker Street in New York City's Greenwich Village."

Doesn't sound like a racists to me:shrug:

Bewbies
02-25-2011, 02:06 PM
You might be misinformed because wikipedia says "Despite allegations of racism by pro life groups, Sanger's work with minorities earned the respect of civil rights leaders such as Martin Luther King, Jr."

Also this:

"In 1930, Sanger opened a family planning clinic in Harlem that sought to enlist support for contraceptive use and to bring the benefits of family planning to women who were denied access to their city's health and social services. Staffed by a black physician and black social worker, the clinic was endorsed by The Amsterdam News (the powerful local newspaper), the Abyssinian Baptist Church, the Urban League, and the black community's elder statesman, W. E. B. Du Bois."

And this:

"In 1957, the American Humanist Association named her Humanist of the Year. A residential building is named after her on the Stony Brook University campus. A room in Wellesley College's library is named after her. Margaret Sanger Square is the leafy intersection of Mott Street and Bleecker Street in New York City's Greenwich Village."

Hillary Clinton talks about Sanger in the 1st minute, and while we don't hear the quotes referenced she says they're "deplorable"....

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dYbUcpV36Ag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ForeverChiefs58
02-25-2011, 02:09 PM
also found this:

In a chapter from Woman and the New Race (1920) titled "Contraceptives or Abortion?," Sanger wrote, "While there are cases where even the law recognizes an abortion as justifiable if recommended by a physician, I assert that the hundreds of thousands of abortions performed in America each year are a disgrace to civilization."

Kinda sounds to me like the people against her and her planned parenthood might be the
same kooks that move to kansas to blow up clinics.

Bewbies
02-25-2011, 02:10 PM
also found this:

In a chapter from Woman and the New Race (1920) titled "Contraceptives or Abortion?," Sanger wrote, "While there are cases where even the law recognizes an abortion as justifiable if recommended by a physician, I assert that the hundreds of thousands of abortions performed in America each year are a disgrace to civilization."

Kinda sounds to me like the people against her and her planned parenthood might be the
same kooks that move to kansas to blow up clinics.

Hillary Clinton disagrees with you.

MagicHef
02-25-2011, 02:13 PM

Also this:

And this:

http://www.dianedew.com/sanger.htm

ForeverChiefs58
02-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Hillary Clinton disagrees with you.

Hey, what a coincidence, cause I disagree with her too.

ForeverChiefs58
02-25-2011, 02:29 PM
http://www.dianedew.com/sanger.htm

Like I said I never had heard ANY of this stuff on Planned Parenthood before, but from my own personal experiences, I think it is a great place that helps women. The family member I mentioned was 14 at the time and they actually seemed to sway her AGAINST getting an abortion. They really educated her and changed my families minds on the procedure. Even though her life would have been MUCH, much easier and different had she not had a baby at such an early age, they properly educated and let her and the family make the decision that was best for her.

gblowfish
02-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Nobody seems to be asking the serious question in this thread that must be addressed.

That question is:

When did Rachel Maddow turn into Harold Ramis???

go bowe
02-25-2011, 09:31 PM

Seriously, nice weak ass attempt to pretend not to paint people one way then to do exactly that.fred, for all his gentleness and caring ways, hasn't murdered anybody yet...

fred pickets and has degenerate signs meant to attract attention to his "cause", but fred doesn't stalk people or threaten people or murder them...

fred is a pos who exercises his first amendment rights...

hardcore violent anti-abortionists go way beyond exercising first amendment rights...

freedom of speech doesn't include the right to use intimidation and violence...

go bowe
02-25-2011, 09:39 PM

Also, race has everything to do with it. Are you unaware of the beginnings of Planned Parenthood?what do the unfortunate beginnings of planned parenthood have to do with what it is accomplishing now?

services are provided to all races, there is no intent to wipe out black babies...

wrt to ads favoring legalization, i'm all for them... :bong: :bong: :bong:

go bowe
02-25-2011, 09:48 PM
So, the nonviolent pro life crowd should be able to police the violent ones? Take out their trash how? I guess the company you keep right now is this message board and so you should be able to police everything everyone here says.omg...

did you know that rubber sponge is a secret moderator and he polices everything we say?

he wiretaps our cyber phones and everything...

go bowe
02-25-2011, 09:57 PM
I know you've clearly stated that. You also were indignant when I initially suggested that you held them partly responsible, as if my suggesting it was absurd. When, clearly, in the line I bolded above, you seemed to be saying they were. You said I was putting words in your mouth- I wasn't. The bold faced line above was your own words. If you want to say you worded it poorly, that's fine. Just don't pretend that line didn't imply some degree of responsibility.context my conservative friend...

in the context of a direct and clear statement that he did not regard them as responsible, your inference, while reasonable, is apparently incorrect...

while the statement does seem to have the implications you describe, the actual meaning of the statement must be considered in context...

in this case the context controls the meaning, the implications don't...

go bowe
02-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Admit to saying things I didn't say? The misrepresentation of me by your continued insistence of claiming I'm saying that non-violent anti-abortionists are responsible is solely on you. I'm not responsible for words I didn't say. Bu tit's okay.aww contrair moan amee...

tits are always far better than just okay...