PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Diary from MUís Aldon Smith as he prepares for draft

Tribal Warfare
02-24-2011, 11:39 PM
Diary from MU’s Aldon Smith as he prepares for draft (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/02/23/2678006/diary-from-mus-aldon-smith-as.html)

Missouri’s Aldon Smith, who played two seasons at Raytown High School, projects as a first-round draft pick as either a defensive end or outside linebacker. Smith redshirted as a college freshman in 2008 and then set the Missouri single-season record with 11  1/2 sacks the following season. In 2010, Smith missed three games because of a broken bone in his leg and, despite having two seasons of collegiate eligibility remaining, declared in January for the draft after consulting with the NFL’s draft advisory board.

Since declaring for the draft, Smith has been working out at a training facility in Phoenix with other top NFL draft prospects in preparation for the upcoming scouting combine, which begins Thursday in Indianapolis. Here are some of Smith’s thoughts as the combine approaches.

The decision to come out for the draft was a difficult one at first. But after I got my NFL grade back, that kind of helped make the process a little bit easier. Everything I was hearing made the decision a lot easier. I haven’t had any regrets or second thoughts at all. At first, I missed my family back at Mizzou because it was such a good experience, but I don’t think I regret anything.

It’s important for me to do well at the combine. I want to go out there and show everybody what I can do. People around the Midwest know what I can do and the Big 12, too, but I’ve got to show everybody else. The last thing everybody saw from me from a national perspective was me playing with a broken leg and me struggling with injuries the whole year. I’ve healed since then and I’m 100 percent so I’m ready to go. I feel better than I’ve ever felt.

Since our bowl game, I’ve been in Arizona working out every day and getting ready for the combine. It’s like I’ve been on a roller coaster. For one thing, I’ve gone from the cold to the heat. Since I got here, I’ve had two-a-day workouts. I’m with a group that comes in in the morning and you get a good breakfast and they calculate that breakfast toward the calories you get to have for that day. They have some great chefs here and they make some great food. I’ll usually have scrambled eggs, sausage and onions and then some oatmeal and fruit.

After that, I’m with a work group that comes in at 8 o’clock for a workout. We’ll go outside and the workout might be things we’ll do at the combine, the 40 (-yard dash) and things like that. When that’s over, I’ll come inside and get some good lifting in. When that’s over, I’ll do some recovery things like sit in the cold tub. That’s the morning workout. When you come back in the afternoon, you do basically the same thing.

We have about 30 guys out here working out, getting ready for the combine and the draft. Blaine (Gabbert) is out here as well. I know some of the guys from some other teams. I played against some guys from Nebraska. Prince Amukamara is here and Roy Helu, too. Carson Coffman of Kansas State is here, too. It’s nice to have some guys you know to work out with.

Superturtle
02-24-2011, 11:42 PM
There's a Missouri thread for this, cumguzzler!!!

Tribal Warfare
02-24-2011, 11:54 PM
There's a Missouri thread for this, cumguzzler!!!

draft thread

Superturtle
02-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Sarcasm.

threebag02
02-25-2011, 09:12 AM
Douche bagism

Superturtle
02-25-2011, 09:21 AM
Douche bagism
Have to get my douche rep up SOMEHOW.