PDA

View Full Version : Misc Black and grey tattoo

wildcat09
02-25-2011, 12:27 PM
I am going to go out on a limb and assume there are some members on here that have a tattoo or two. I am wanting to get one done in black and grey and I am looking on some feedback about some local artists that do black and grey. I found one lady named Jessie Hopeless at Exile but she is booked out till Jan. 2012. She does amazing work but I don't want to wait that long. Who are some local people who do kick ass black and grey??

Thanks for the feedback

JASONSAUTO
02-25-2011, 12:33 PM
ask wutamess

wildcat09
02-25-2011, 12:49 PM
anyone heard of Tony Grimm?

KCUnited
02-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Brad Franzen @ Triple Crown Tattoos, Lee's Summit
Robert Black @ Stray Cat Tattoos, Manhatten, KS (his black and grey is worth the drive)

DMAC
02-25-2011, 12:54 PM
Color is where it's at!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mmBw3uzPnJI/S9Hvh35ghSI/AAAAAAABMY4/b1fgkza8pmE/s400/monkey_tattoos_16.jpg

DMAC
02-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Black and grey isnt bad though...

http://mobclub.com/resources/productmaster/Monkey%20Tattoo%201019.jpg

MoreLemonPledge
02-25-2011, 01:15 PM
http://fpics.org/picz/cache/192__640x480_belly_button_tattoo_2.png

MOhillbilly
02-25-2011, 01:16 PM
I am going to go out on a limb and assume there are some members on here that have a tattoo or two. I am wanting to get one done in black and grey and I am looking on some feedback about some local artists that do black and grey. I found one lady named Jessie Hopeless at Exile but she is booked out till Jan. 2012. She does amazing work but I don't want to wait that long. Who are some local people who do kick ass black and grey??

Thanks for the feedback

wutta does ink. the shit he was kickin out awhile back was good.

IMO single needle black and grey artists do the best work. **** that big needle for shade shit.
got about 100 hours in my pale rider. worth every second of pain.

Ill ask one of my bros in the buis. may take awhile to get some feedback.

KCUnited
02-25-2011, 01:26 PM
wutta does ink. the shit he was kickin out awhile back was good.

IMO single needle black and grey artists do the best work. **** that big needle for shade shit.
got about 100 hours in my pail rider. worth every second of pain.

Ill ask one of my bros in the buis. may take awhile to get some feedback.

My back piece was originally done in black and grey, had a big portion of the background done with a 15 gauge needle. It was like mowing a lawn with a weed eater. Called it 'washing' the skin.

MOhillbilly
02-25-2011, 01:34 PM
guy used a 30 rd magnum to pack the white in my battle flag. felt that pain.

KCUnited
02-25-2011, 01:59 PM

lol, yep. Had a session where we worked for a couple hours, guys brother showed up so we slapped some shrink wrap on it, took a ride around the block, stopped across the street and drank some pitchers, played a couple rounds of Golden Tee, then pulled the plastic off and drilled back into it for the rest of the day. Next day it felt like somebody opened up on me with a shotgun from too far out.

Sorry, this should be in the warm weather thread.

DMAC
02-25-2011, 02:03 PM
http://www.bestoday.com.au/sick/images/hide_my_eyes.jpg

chasedude
02-25-2011, 02:08 PM

I never felt more pain than when I had a single "razorblade" type needle used on me. Ouch! Bring on the endorphins!

KCUnited
02-25-2011, 02:16 PM
After long sessions, I'd hit up the cleanest girls I knew who were down and would crash at their place. I get up in the morning leaving a Jackson Pollock-like print on their sheets of ink and blood. Once it stopped oozing I go back to my place and my clean sheets.

MOhillbilly
02-25-2011, 02:22 PM
hot shower & or soak to set the ink. Always do it right after the works done.

chasedude
02-25-2011, 02:27 PM
hot shower & or soak to set the ink. Always do it right after the works done.

I've never been told that. I always apply a generous application of generic triple antibiotic ointment (always heard brand name neosporin(sp?) was bad) for the 1st 24hrs.

After that, daily cleanings and mulitple applications through the day of Lubriderm healing lotion.

MOhillbilly
02-25-2011, 02:34 PM
I've never been told that. I always apply a generous application of generic triple antibiotic ointment (always heard brand name neosporin(sp?) was bad) for the 1st 24hrs.

After that, daily cleanings and mulitple applications through the day of Lubriderm healing lotion.
Ive heard all kinds of shit. Most of it was bull.

hot shower & right to the lotion.

kerri promotes skin cell growth. triple anti & lubriderm do not.

anyway its worked for me for 20 years.

KCUnited
02-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Typically a hot shower or hot towel press will seal it up. Aquaphor is my ointment of choice, shuts it down and expedites the healing process.

You drill long enough on a certain area and its going to seep.

Red Beans
02-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Typically a hot shower or hot towel press will seal it up. Aquaphor is my ointment of choice, shuts it down and expedites the healing process.

You drill long enough on a certain area and its going to seep.

Swear by Aquaphor.

MOhillbilly
02-25-2011, 02:39 PM
never heard of it. get it from a shop or store? H2ocean type stuff?

-188 bitches-

chasedude
02-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Ive heard all kinds of shit. Most of it was bull.

hot shower & right to the lotion.

kerri promotes skin cell growth. triple anti & lubriderm do not.

anyway its worked for me for 20 years.

I'll give it a try for my next one, thx

KCUnited
02-25-2011, 02:41 PM
Any grocery/drug store should carry it.

http://www.eucerinus.com/products/hb_aho.html

Red Beans
02-25-2011, 02:43 PM
never heard of it. get it from a shop or store? H2ocean type stuff?

-188 bitches-

You can get it at a Walgreens. The shit is a bit like Vasoline, but it works wonders. My guy is one of the best in Northwest Arkansas and he swears by it. Heading back next Friday and getting the piece on my upper arm connected to my shoulder piece. Looking forward to it.

MOhillbilly
02-25-2011, 02:44 PM
I'll give it a try for my next one, thx

FWIW i have rhino hide for skin. Your results may vary.

i stay away from greasy ointments. Keep it moist and let it breath.

The nipps have been hot soakin for thousands of years.

MOhillbilly
02-25-2011, 02:50 PM
You can get it at a Walgreens. The shit is a bit like Vasoline, but it works wonders. My guy is one of the best in Northwest Arkansas and he swears by it. Heading back next Friday and getting the piece on my upper arm connected to my shoulder piece. Looking forward to it.

tell your artist my bro makes world class machines. Did some sailor jerry bulldog knock ups in cast iron.
Hand cast.

Red Beans
02-25-2011, 03:51 PM
tell your artist my bro makes world class machines. Did some sailor jerry bulldog knock ups in cast iron.
Hand cast.

Will do!

JASONSAUTO
02-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Swear by Aquaphor.

FTW.

we use it all the time on our middle daughter

CHENZ A!
02-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Jessie has done 2 of mine, and Wutamess has done 2 as well. All of mine are black and gray, and I would go back to both of them in the future without a doubt.
Posted via Mobile Device

Raiderhater58
02-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Robert Black @ Stray Cat Tattoos, Manhatten, KS (his black and grey is worth the drive)

This, but he's probably booked as well

Silock
02-25-2011, 04:55 PM
I got mine from Scott Shickman at Mercy Seat downtown.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg121/Silock99/tat1.jpg
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg121/Silock99/2tat1.jpg

wutamess
02-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Swear by Aquaphor.

This!
Buy it at Walmart also in the smaller tube ($3-4).
3 times a day... really really light layer... What I do is dab a small amount on and rub it onto my entire tattoo until I basically feel skin and not a greasy film.

wildcat09
02-25-2011, 06:46 PM
anyone ever heard of Tony Grimm?

wildcat09
02-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Jessie has done 2 of mine, and Wutamess has done 2 as well. All of mine are black and gray, and I would go back to both of them in the future without a doubt.
Posted via Mobile Device

got pics?

CHENZ A!
02-25-2011, 11:42 PM
The portrait she did of my father a few years ago(bottom row, 2nd from right): http://www.jessiehopeless.com/tattoos.html She also did Atlas on my other arm, which I think there is a picture on here somewhere of but i can't remember which thread. She's also really good at lettering.

Here is what Roger did(post #95) http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=205096&highlight=portfolio&page=3 The pictures don't do them justice. They look even better now fully healed. He's also done some really dope work since then that I've seen too.

KC native
02-26-2011, 12:26 AM
Fuck Aquaphor after the first day. It keeps too much moisture in the tattoo and prolongs healing in my experience. Guy who did my back piece, put it on and then told me to get unscented/dye free lotion and put it on there after leaving the wrap on for 8 hours.

I sat for 4 hours, 3 hours, and finally 2.5 hours and after every time I was completely healed after a little over a week. Used aquaphor on my calf tattoo and that shit took 2-3 weeks to fully heal.

KC native
02-26-2011, 12:27 AM

Thanks for the feedback

Don't ever rush what you truly want. Also, set up a consultation if at all possible and/or keep trying and you might be able to get them to call you when they have cancellations.

wutamess
02-26-2011, 04:28 AM
Don't ever rush what you truly want. Also, set up a consultation if at all possible and/or keep trying and you might be able to get them to call you when they have cancellations.

This! Jessie Hopeless' work truly is amazing.
I hope to be on her level some day.

wildcat09
03-01-2011, 10:23 PM
anyone had any work done at Aftershock in Olathe?

Fish
03-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Brad Franzen @ Triple Crown Tattoos, Lee's Summit

Nice. Robert is an old friend of mine. I've built a computer for him. Good to see him getting some love. The guy does incredible work for sure.

NewChief
03-02-2011, 05:15 AM

Do you go to Brainstorm?

Red Beans
03-02-2011, 06:36 AM
Do you go to Brainstorm?

Yep. They are the best. I started going to see Travis there about 4 or 5 years ago and now I won't go anywhere else.:thumb:

KCUnited
03-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Nice. Robert is an old friend of mine. I've built a computer for him. Good to see him getting some love. The guy does incredible work for sure.

Admittedly, I've never seen him in Manhattan. He did both of my legs at Bad Tat in Lawrence in the mid 90's. His black and grey was good then, he's definitely among the best black and grey artists in this area for sure.