PDA

View Full Version : Football Al Davis Spending Spree

Renegade
02-25-2011, 11:52 AM
It looks as if Al Davis recent spending spree is causing headaches for the rest of the NFL and the commish. He is driving up the price of all the lesser players. Pretty good read.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/oakland-raiders-al-davis-undermining-fellow-owners-with-big-signings-022411?GT1=39002

:LOL:

Okie_Apparition
02-25-2011, 12:05 PM
It flies in the face of the other owners crying poverty. I was under the impression Al was far from rich. As far as NFL owner rich is concerned. Maybe it's all just one big meth lab down there.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2011, 12:07 PM
I love it. No one else will pay it, so who gives a shit? Let Al give all of his money to guys who don't give a shit. DeAngelo Hall, Jamarcus Russell, and Javon Walker all thank him.

milkman
02-25-2011, 12:11 PM
The article really hits on an important consideration.

The money he's spending for average players like Rout do affect the cost of franchise tags for other teams.

I have no problem with Al Davis fucking over the Raiders, but in the big picture of things here, he's fucking over the rest of the league.

Pestilence
02-25-2011, 12:19 PM
The article really hits on an important consideration.

The money he's spending for average players like Rout do affect the cost of franchise tags for other teams.

I have no problem with Al Davis fucking over the Raiders, but in the big picture of things here, he's fucking over the rest of the league.

Maybe that's his plan.

bowener
02-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Maybe that's his plan.

Honestly, he seems like such a wonderful guy that I wouldn't be surprised if he was actually trying to ruin shit for everybody else. I think he knows he will die before they win a SB again, so he is probably bitter. Hell, he probably thinks there is a conspiracy against him.

Chiefnj2
02-25-2011, 12:27 PM
After the money KC has given guys like Sims, TJax, LJ and Cassell, maybe Chief fans shouldn't throw stones.

Pestilence
02-25-2011, 12:28 PM
After the money KC has given guys like Sims, TJax, LJ and Cassell, maybe Chief fans shouldn't throw stones.

:spock:

Four players compared to how many stupid fucking contracts that AD has signed off on?

milkman
02-25-2011, 12:32 PM

Sims and TJax contarcts were products of the system, and there were some of us bitching about the contract that LJ got, and even more about Cassel's.

Not to mention that I was bitching about the last two contracts that Tony Gonzalez got.

So if I'm throwing stones at the Raiders, I'm doing it from the same pile of stones that I've been throwing at the Chiefs.

Brock
02-25-2011, 12:33 PM

LJ and Cassel probably, but the other two were just bad draft picks that were going to get paid by somebody else if the Chiefs didn't do it.

DaneMcCloud
02-25-2011, 01:10 PM
It flies in the face of the other owners crying poverty. I was under the impression Al was far from rich. As far as NFL owner rich is concerned. Maybe it's all just one big meth lab down there.

I think this flies in the face of the owner's claims that they need more of the overall revenue (50% versus their current 40%) to operate without losses.

The owners get around $1.3 billion from CBS and Fox plus another $2 billion from ESPN for MNF and another few hundred million from NBC to broadcast SNF PER YEAR.

I think this clearly illustrates why the players are upset at the owners crying about losses and needing to take an additional 10% away from them in the next CBA.

bevischief
02-25-2011, 01:48 PM
I wonder if he is even reading the contracts? I also wonder if he lets the players write their contracts and just signs them...

DMAC
02-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Maybe that's his plan.

There is probably something to this. Al is still very intelligent.

Ugly Duck
02-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Maybe that's his plan.

Naw... he just doesn't care about making money anymore. His health is failing & he just wants to take care of his players on his way out. He wudda tossed a heapo cash at Asomugha if Nnamdi wanted to stay in Oaktown. Anybody loyal to Big Al is gonna cash in.

3rd&48ers
02-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Al says you can't take it with you...

Yall quit whining, your team probably has more free cash than the Raiders.... get your owner to come off some of that $$$$

BryanBusby
02-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Al Davis makes it rain
He makes it rain on dem hoes

Valiant
02-25-2011, 05:06 PM

Can't count 1st rounders.. It is all about draft spot, now fucking up on those picks is a different story..

But true on Hassel and LJ..

Raiders are still waaaay worse at the contracts though to FA..

Okie_Apparition
02-25-2011, 05:16 PM
It's just a money laundering operation. JaMarcus was just advertising for Grape Drink.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2011, 08:36 PM
I think this flies in the face of the owner's claims that they need more of the overall revenue (50% versus their current 40%) to operate without losses.

The owners get around $1.3 billion from CBS and Fox plus another $2 billion from ESPN for MNF and another few hundred million from NBC to broadcast SNF PER YEAR.

I think this clearly illustrates why the players are upset at the owners crying about losses and needing to take an additional 10% away from them in the next CBA.

Don't forget the billions from DirecTV.