PDA

View Full Version : Life I found a backpack.

Rain Man
02-25-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm in California, and I've done a couple of jogs on a nearby beach that doesn't have a lot of foot traffic. This morning, I went out at low tide, and lo and behold, there's something kind of large and black lying there as I approach.

I got closer, and it was a backpack. It actually had barnacles growing on it, so I knew it had been in the water for a while. And it was obviously full.

Way cool.

Now, I've seen the movies. I know how this works. It's got to be one of three things:

- Drug money. Hundreds of thousands of dollars of drug money. I take it just as the druggies' boat pulls within sight and sees me in their binoculars. Narrowly avoiding death, I spend the next several days fleeing heavily armed Mexican drug thugs, eventually getting away after several car chases, a dozen deaths (5 by gunshot, 3 in exploding cars, 2 falling off high rises, 1 in a fire, and 1 in a large piece of industrial equipment that makes you wince just to hear about it).

- Drugs. Probably like 5 kilos of pure uncut cocaine. (What does "uncut" mean?). I take it just as the druggies' boat pulls within sight and sees me in their binoculars. Narrowly avoiding death, I spend the next several days fleeing heavily armed Mexican drug thugs, eventually getting away after several car chases, a dozen deaths (4 by gunshot, 3 in exploding cars, 2 falling off high rises, 1 in a fire, 1 via electrocution, and 1 in a large piece of industrial equipment that makes you wince just to hear about it).

- A severed head. Probably like 5 kilos of pure uncut cocaine. (What does "uncut" mean?). I take it just as the druggies' boat pulls within sight and sees me in their binoculars. Narrowly avoiding death, I spend the next several days fleeing heavily armed Mexican drug thugs, eventually getting away after several car chases, a dozen deaths (4 by gunshot, 3 in exploding cars, 2 falling off high rises, 1 in a fire, 1 via a large zoo animal, 1 with a pointy stick through the eardrum, and 1 in a large piece of industrial equipment that makes you wince just to hear about it).

I carefully unzipped it and opened it up, ready to grab and run. It had a nice pair of leather shoes in it, a leather shirt that was in good shape albeit waterlogged, a plastic baggie full of electrical device charging cords, and a small baggie containing what was once either medicine or illegal drugs.

I was really hoping it was the drug money.

pr_capone
02-25-2011, 09:53 PM
a leather shirt???

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-25-2011, 09:54 PM
"Cut" is all the garbage they add to the coke before they sell it at street level to stretch it out and maximize profits. It's similar to a painter watering down his paint.

Rain Man
02-25-2011, 09:56 PM
a leather shirt???

Leather. It still looked good after a year or whatever under water. And the shoes looked like new.

I wonder how long it takes barnacles to grow on a backpack.

pr_capone
02-25-2011, 09:56 PM
"Cut" is all the garbage they add to the coke before they sell it at street level to stretch it out and maximize profits. It's similar to a painter watering down his paint.

or a crackdealer "stepping" on his product

pr_capone
02-25-2011, 09:57 PM
Leather. It still looked good after a year or whatever under water. And the shoes looked like new.

I wonder how long it takes barnacles to grow on a backpack.

Did you keep the shirt? I've heard of leather coats, shoes, and belts. Hell, even pants. But who wears leather shirts?

Rain Man
02-25-2011, 09:57 PM

Oh, really?

My initial guess was that uncut just meant that it was in a big brick before it was sliced up. That didn't seem like an important enough distinction for the news shows to always mention "uncut".

Thanks for the lesson in drug culture.

KurtCobain
02-25-2011, 09:58 PM

Bug knows about this shit.

Rain Man
02-25-2011, 09:58 PM
Did you keep the shirt? I've heard of leather coats, shoes, and belts. Hell, even pants. But who wears leather shirts?

I left it on the beach for others to discover. It was really quite exciting for a moment.

I think it was leather, anyway. It seemed like leather.

milkman
02-25-2011, 09:59 PM

Drug dealers.

Rain Man
02-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Bug knows about this shit.

If the backpack had been full of uncut cocaine, bugeater's house is definitely where I would've taken it.

pr_capone
02-25-2011, 10:01 PM
Drug dealers.

I've been around plenty of those and none of them have worn leather shirts. Perhaps I need to find a higher class of drug dealers to hang around. :D

KurtCobain
02-25-2011, 10:01 PM
If the backpack had been full of uncut cocaine, bugeater's house is definitely where I would've taken it.

I had a few dead hookers full of only slighty cut cocaine, and I went straight to bug's. We buried tha hoes in the back, and snorted the shit out of their innards.

Phobia
02-25-2011, 10:11 PM

You water down your paint? No wonder you went out of business.

KS Smitty
02-25-2011, 10:16 PM
I think you found "Bears' " (Man vs Wild Discovery channel) backpack from when he skinned a seal and wore it's skin as a wetsuit and put the rest of his stuff in a back pack.

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-25-2011, 10:30 PM
You water down your paint? No wonder you went out of business.
Well, the technical term is "reducing".

Ugly Duck
02-25-2011, 10:37 PM
I found a back pack near the creek across the street from me that had weed in it. Stuff was so strong that after the owner lit up he forgot he had a backpack of buds & just stumbled away to bolivian....

KurtCobain
02-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Well, the technical term is "reducing".

Hey, man. You huff paint? I got the shit that's non-reduced, all the other guys be trying to put that reduced shit out there, but I bust caps in they asses.

pr_capone
02-25-2011, 10:39 PM
I found a back pack near the creek across the street from me that had weed in it. Stuff was so strong that after the owner lit up he forgot he had a backpack of buds & just stumbled away to bolivian....

?

http://i.infoplease.com/images/mbolivia.gif

Ugly Duck
02-25-2011, 10:41 PM
?

"I guess I'm gonna fade into Bolivian." - Mike Tyson

pr_capone
02-25-2011, 10:45 PM
"I guess I'm gonna fade into Bolivian." - Mike Tyson

LMFAO

I completely forgot about that quote.

Ugly Duck
02-25-2011, 10:55 PM
LMFAO

I completely forgot about that quote.

"I really dig Hannibal. Hannibal had real guts. He rode elephants into Cartilage." - Mike Tyson

joesomebody
02-25-2011, 10:56 PM
On a float trip once I found one of those water tight boxes that people usually keep their cameras and cigarettes in. It had 3 joints in it, I don't smoke though so I gave them to the rest of the floaters.

KS Smitty
02-25-2011, 10:57 PM
On a float trip once I found one of those water tight boxes that people usually keep their cameras and cigarettes in. It had 3 joints in it, I don't smoke though so I gave them to the rest of the floaters.

Nice!

aturnis
02-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Is this it?

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FgUytKZYIxI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FgUytKZYIxI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

aturnis
02-25-2011, 11:00 PM

You're a nice guy...

KC native
02-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Oh, really?

My initial guess was that uncut just meant that it was in a big brick before it was sliced up. That didn't seem like an important enough distinction for the news shows to always mention "uncut".

Thanks for the lesson in drug culture.

If it's really uncut, then it will be in a solid brick that will crumble easily into powder after unwrapping it and picking it up. Uncut bricks usually have a cartel stamp on them as well. That way people north of the border know they're getting the uncut.

Due to the cartel wars, uncut is increasingly rare. It's usually cut in super labs in Mexico prior to entry. If the coke smells like acetone then it's been lab cut. The acetone is used as a wash to get rid of the excess cut.

(all of this info is for entertainment purposes, I quit doing coke several years ago.)

bevischief
02-26-2011, 04:47 AM

ROFL

Throw it back in.

Hog Farmer
02-26-2011, 07:45 AM
You should have turned it into the police . It may have been the final clue to solving a missing persons case. Hoffa or Holloway ?

cabletech94
02-26-2011, 07:56 AM
wasn't the series LOST based off of true events?
leftovers?

Bwana
02-26-2011, 08:12 AM
Drug dealers.

Or a mountain man. At first glance, this dude looks a bit like our very own, Bob Dole.

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/127273/127273,1206397986,3/stock-photo-mountain-man-s-face-10715944.jpg

JD10367
02-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Leather shoes and a leather shirt? That's sad. That means, somewhere else on the beach, lies the body of a drowned Village People member.

Fish
02-26-2011, 12:23 PM
What did you do with the barnacles?

Rain Man
02-26-2011, 02:42 PM
What did you do with the barnacles?

I now keep my horsacles in them.
Posted via Mobile Device