PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ron Edwards, most immediate priority

chiefforlife
02-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Ron Edwards - DL - Chiefs

Free agent NT Ron Edwards is expected to be the Chiefs' "most immediate priority" to re-sign this offseason.
Edwards is an above average run defender, but the Chiefs need to start thinking about getting younger at the position. He turns 32 this summer, and wore down late last season despite only playing on early downs throughout the year. Kansas City could look at someone like Baylor NT Phil Taylor in round two.
Source: Kansas City Star

boogblaster
02-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Need to keep him on the roster .. even if just and breather-player .....

KurtCobain
02-26-2011, 11:10 AM
fuck him

salame
02-26-2011, 11:27 AM
**** him

in the ass

SNR
02-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Sign Shaun Rogers, re-sign Shaun Smith, draft a nose tackle, tell Ron to GTFO

DA_T_84
02-26-2011, 11:44 AM

Free agent NT Ron Edwards is expected to be the Chiefs' "most immediate priority" to re-sign this offseason.
Edwards is an above average run defender, but the Chiefs need to start thinking about getting younger at the position. He turns 32 this summer, and wore down late last season despite only playing on early downs throughout the year. Kansas City could look at someone like Baylor NT Phil Taylor in round two.

Right, because he'll still be available there. :rolleyes:

Dicky McElephant
02-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Sign Shaun Rogers, re-sign Shaun Smith, draft a nose tackle, tell Ron to GTFO

This.

Halfcan
02-26-2011, 11:50 AM

He is invisible-I hear the name a lot but don't think I have ever seen him make a Big play.

-King-
02-26-2011, 01:26 PM
He is invisible-I hear the name a lot but don't think I have ever seen him make a Big play.

He had a big sack against the 49ers, other than that though...he was invinsible for the most part.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rudy lost the toss
02-26-2011, 01:31 PM
AGGIES!!!

ug.

NT, Thomas Jones, and obviously Matt Cassel worry me the most when it comes to front office stubbornness.

Halfcan
02-26-2011, 01:36 PM
He had a big sack against the 49ers, other than that though...he was invinsible for the most part.
Posted via Mobile Device

exactly-his name pops up once in awhile, but most of the time you dont even know he is out there.

Must be eating up a lot of blocks-lol

Halfcan
02-26-2011, 01:37 PM
AGGIES!!!

ug.

NT, Thomas Jones, and obviously Matt Cassel worry me the most when it comes to front office stubbornness.

:thumb: this says it all

BossChief
02-26-2011, 01:59 PM
If getting Brandon Carr locked up doesn't rank higher than Ron Edwards, were fucked.

IMHO Powe and Smith should be our nts next year and Toribino should battle with Edwards for a jersey.

Halfcan
02-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Maybe they can package Edwards and Action Jackson and get One productive player out of it.

Thig Lyfe
02-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Haley and the FO are actin' weird as shit this offseason.

Halfcan
02-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Haley and the FO are actin' weird as shit this offseason.

They must have some super duper top secret plans-lol

Mr. Laz
02-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Edwards is an above average run defender
:LOL:

58kcfan89
02-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Shaun Smith & Brandon Carr should be pissed if this is true. I don't hate Edwards, but it's clear he shouldn't be a starter at NT in a 3-4. Keep him around as a rotation guy, that's fine, but Carr's an every-down player & Smith was one of our best DL last year.

I hope some of these things being reported lately (giving up on DMC as a WR) are just smokescreens & whatnot put out to throw off people....

Bewbies
02-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Does the KC Star even watch Chiefs games? How in the hell do you come up with Edwards being our most immediate priority?

Three7s
02-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Does Edwards have naked photos of Pioli and Haley? He was the worst starter on defense and it wasn't even close.

Above average run defender made me lol.

Halfcan
02-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Does the KC Star even watch Chiefs games? How in the hell do you come up with Edwards being our most immediate priority?

They slapped the Franchise tag on Edwards=he is the Centerpiece to this championship defense.

Baconeater
02-26-2011, 08:21 PM
They must have some super duper top secret plans-lol
It's probably something like this:

http://blog.gambrinous.com/wp-content/uploads/coyote_foolproof_plan.jpg

BossChief
02-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Ron Edwards played quite well in the first 10 games or so...its the games following those that made it evident that we need to add some fresh meat to the position to take some snaps and keep him/Smith fresh.

Powe needs to be our second or third rounder.

Wilson8
02-27-2011, 02:31 AM
Ron Edwards played quite well in the first 10 games or so...its the games following those that made it evident that we need to add some fresh meat to the position to take some snaps and keep him/Smith fresh.

I agree with this. KC could bring Ron Edwards back but they have to add a better NT. Edwards plays way too many snaps and a younger player like Jerrell Powe or Phil Taylor could learn from Edwards to begin the year and take over the starting position as the season moves on.

milkman
02-27-2011, 07:49 AM

Quite well?

He wasn't as bad as some paint him, but I wouldn't say quite well either.

He rarely demanded more than a single blocker.
He almost never got any penetration.

He was an adequate body, nothing more.

BossChief
02-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Quite well?

He wasn't as bad as some paint him, but I wouldn't say quite well either.

He rarely demanded more than a single blocker.
He almost never got any penetration.

He was an adequate body, nothing more.
Belcher and DJ ran unscathed for the first 10 games or so and Ron Edwards deserves alot of the credit for that. After that, blockers got to them and their impact wasn't as noticeable.

He didn't ever help collapse the pocket, but he didnt get blown off the ball often either and he absolutely took his share of double teams.

An upgrade to a guy that can dominate is an obvious need, but Edwards is far from garbage.

Chris Meck
02-27-2011, 12:45 PM
I don't think he's garbage, I just don't think he's a NT. He'd be a perfectly above average DT in a 4-3. Part of the job of the NT is to require a double team, and he just can't. He's not big enough.

salame
02-27-2011, 12:52 PM
I don't think he's garbage, I just don't think he's a NT. He'd be a perfectly above average DT in a 4-3. Part of the job of the NT is to require a double team, and he just can't. He's not big enough.

umm he's pretty freakin huge man

Chris Meck
02-27-2011, 01:05 PM
He's listed at 315. I don't buy it for a minute as he used to be listed at around 300 prior to Haley getting here. So he's the only guy who gained weight?

Whatever. Even at 315 he's a bit light for NT.

salame
02-27-2011, 05:22 PM
He's listed at 315. I don't buy it for a minute as he used to be listed at around 300 prior to Haley getting here. So he's the only guy who gained weight?

Whatever. Even at 315 he's a bit light for NT.

he looks WAY bigger than dorsey and shaun smith