PDA

View Full Version : Obama As the world burns

The Mad Crapper
02-26-2011, 11:46 AM
The absentee ambassador
Last Updated: 9:30 AM, February 26, 2011

The UN Security Council convened an emergency session yesterday to draft sanctions against Libyan mad- dog Moammar Khadafy.

But as the UN struggled to put out the fires in the Mideast, America's top UN rep was nowhere to be found.

In fact, US Ambassador Susan Rice was 8,000 miles away from UN headquarters, taking tea in South Africa with fellow diplonuts.

South Africa?

What the hell?

Rice flew to sunny Cape Town this week for a "global sustainability" conference to discuss carbon emissions and green economies in the Third World. ROFL

There were plenty of carbon emissions over Tripoli and Benghazi this week -- from fighter-jet and helicopter exhaust as Khadafy loyalists strafed protestors in the streets, and from exploding Molotov cocktails. Lead poisoning from stray AK-47 rounds were an issue, too.

But instead of taking the lead as the United Nations tried to force Khadafy to end his war on his own people, America's top UN official was essentially AWOL.

Which is every bit as shameful as it sounds.

But it's hardly a surprise, given the Obama administration's utter cluelessness in the Middle East of late.

O & Co. have been out to lunch since protests swept dictators out of power in Tunisia and Egypt -- just as they've been slow to act against Khadafy now.

Though maybe it's for the greater good that Rice is an ocean away -- when she shows up for work she seems to do even more damage.

Case in point: Just a week ago, she vetoed an anti-Israel resolution in the Security Council, but immediately unleashed a loathsome attack on Israel, damaging US ties with the Jewish state.

Her disappearance now sends an odd message to a close ally:

When it's time to bash Israel, Rice stays put. When it's time to get to work on Libya, her deputy can pick up the pieces.

Again, back in the real world, Libya's dictator has turned warplanes and helicopter gunships on his own people.

America's ambassador has been off in Susan Rice-land. Maybe it would be better if she stayed there for good.ster

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/editorials/the_absentee_ambassador_ZgUbQdWIzDjdIjJWgOyO2I#ixzz1F5ldz1dW

chiefforlife
02-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Im confused, is it Ghadafi or Khadafy?

ClevelandBronco
02-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Im confused, is it Ghadafi or Khadafy?

I'll ask Mao Tse-tung — I mean, Mao Zedong — and get back to you.

The Mad Crapper
02-28-2011, 06:29 AM
As if he doesn’t have his hands full already with a country experiencing a nearly 20% effective rate of unemployment, a housing market turned upside down, a human invasion on our Southern border, scores of states and municipalities facing bankruptcy, a Middle East revolution (with an accompanying price of oil that will prolong our economic malaise), one would think that he has enough upon which to focus his attention.

The three announcements made this week were:

■Obama Administration Declares DOMA Unconstitutional, Won’t Defend it in Court
■Hiring of the first openly gay male secretary for the White House.
■Combat troops to get gay sensitivity training

:drool:

http://patriotstatesman.com/2011/02/barack-hussein-obama-bursts-out-of-the-closet/

Amnorix
02-28-2011, 06:47 AM
Do you guys actually believe all this imbecilic vitriol that you spew? Just wondering.

stevieray
02-28-2011, 06:49 AM
Do you guys actually believe all this imbecilic vitriol that you spew? Just wondering.

elitist biff is here to save the day!

RNR
02-28-2011, 07:46 AM

If you have read my posts you know I am middle right in my views. If anything I am moving more center as time goes by. I ask a simple question, do you think Obama is doing a good job?

The Mad Crapper
02-28-2011, 09:09 AM
The recovery is just around the corner!

Mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

http://thepeoplescube.com/images/Obama_Coin_ExactChange_160.gif

Hopey Change™

morphius
02-28-2011, 09:32 AM
It actually is for the best, this means that if the UN wants to enforce anything then some of the other countries can step up with their fighters, warships , expensive missiles and soldiers for a change.

patteeu
02-28-2011, 12:00 PM

Are you saying that Susan Rice wasn't in South Africa afterall?

The Mad Crapper
02-28-2011, 12:39 PM
It actually is for the best, this means that if the UN wants to enforce anything then some of the other countries can step up with their fighters, warships , expensive missiles and soldiers for a change.

That's true but the point I was making I guess was this whole "green energy" thing is a crock of bullshit potemkin industry here never mind going to SA or any 3rd world country to promote it, ESPECIALLY when there is all sorts of fires going on here and abroad that need to put put out ASAP.

But no, the community organizer's administration has it's own bizarre misguided priorities, like sensitivity training for homo's in the Marine Corps.

go bowe
02-28-2011, 02:10 PM
That's true but the point I was making I guess was this whole "green energy" thing is a crock of bullshit potemkin industry here never mind going to SA or any 3rd world country to promote it, ESPECIALLY when there is all sorts of fires going on here and abroad that need to put put out ASAP.

But no, the community organizer's administration has it's own bizarre misguided priorities, like sensitivity training for homo's in the Marine Corps.why do you hate homos?

they are people too... :Poke:

patteeu
02-28-2011, 02:16 PM
why do you hate homos?

I don't think he hates homos, I think he hates the idea of sensitive marines, and who can blame him? :)

HonestChieffan
02-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Dammit, you cant call em homos. Y'all give this part of the planet a bad name using such talk.

Shame on you. They are just free spirits expressing an extrasexual tendency that you dont understand as you cling to your guns......

RNR
02-28-2011, 02:28 PM
If you have read my posts you know I am middle right in my views. If anything I am moving more center as time goes by. I ask a simple question, do you think Obama is doing a good job?

Why am I surprised there was no reply~

RNR
02-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Dammit, you cant call em homos. Y'all give this part of the planet a bad name using such talk.

Shame on you. They are just free spirits expressing an extrasexual tendency that you dont understand as you cling to your guns......

The cling to several different guns from what I hear~

HonestChieffan
02-28-2011, 02:34 PM
The cling to several different guns from what I hear~

I didn't win the Kimber 45 so to make myself feel better Im buying an AR.

RNR
02-28-2011, 02:39 PM

I intended to type (they) as a poor attempt at humor~

ClevelandBronco
02-28-2011, 02:59 PM

Durnit. If you had won the Kimber you could have robbed someone for the AR. Granted, you'd have to be careful about it.

HonestChieffan
02-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Durnit. If you had won the Kimber you could have robbed someone for the AR. Granted, you'd have to be careful about it.

Wish I had stollen the raffle ticket.

The Mad Crapper
02-28-2011, 03:10 PM
why do you hate homos?

I don't hate them, just don't think this is a priority right now. But then again I'm not a Marxist looking to get re-elected by moonbats in 2012.

go bowe
02-28-2011, 03:50 PM
I don't think he hates homos, I think he hates the idea of sensitive marines, and who can blame him? :)i saw a recruiting ad awhile back that showed gays prancing around in uniform...

it was hilarious...

go bowe
02-28-2011, 03:52 PM

Shame on you. They are just free spirits expressing an extrasexual tendency that you dont understand as you cling to your guns......gosh darnit...

you're right, we wouldn't want dc to get a bad name or anything...

HonestChieffan
02-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Since LaDuffus was finally banned, we need to police the area. Now we just get Fraz wander down now and then and hes as crazy as a pet coon but ok in some regards. We need more of the nice people in the lounge to see we have some respect and manners like they do.

go bowe
02-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Why am I surprised there was no reply~i think that overall obama is doing a reasonably good job, but he has had a number of failings...

he hasn't brought in enough experienced and forward-thinking advisors...

he's let the far left dictate too much legislatively and he hasn't capitalized on the goodwill among world leaders to really achieve anything of great significance in the area of foreign policy...

i would have preferred that he used the democratic super-majority to pass comprehensive yet rationale regulation of the financial industry...

healthcare reform is a good idea, but there are too many problems with obamacare that should have been addressed by reforming health care somehow instead of making everybody get insurance...

we need more fundamental changes that both parties can agree on (yes sportsshrink, i know i'm naive)...

The Mad Crapper
03-02-2011, 05:47 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Jbo3XEPYKBM/TW0BwbvMZsI/AAAAAAAAGoQ/u2qb99qMkJU/s400/Cartoon+1537.jpg

HonestChieffan
03-02-2011, 08:44 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-grDSTKjM5Ig/TW4fF8ZhxMI/AAAAAAAA-E8/uZL1d9rulng/s400/image001.jpg

fan4ever
03-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Since LaDuffus was finally banned, we need to police the area. Now we just get Fraz wander down now and then and hes as crazy as a pet coon but ok in some regards. We need more of the nice people in the lounge to see we have some respect and manners like they do.

Banned? For what...I missed it. That's too bad...

fan4ever
03-02-2011, 11:53 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-grDSTKjM5Ig/TW4fF8ZhxMI/AAAAAAAA-E8/uZL1d9rulng/s400/image001.jpg

ROFL

Hydrae
03-02-2011, 12:08 PM

Respect and manners in the lounge? :LOL:

RNR
03-02-2011, 02:03 PM
i think that overall obama is doing a reasonably good job, but he has had a number of failings...

he hasn't brought in enough experienced and forward-thinking advisors...

he's let the far left dictate too much legislatively and he hasn't capitalized on the goodwill among world leaders to really achieve anything of great significance in the area of foreign policy...

i would have preferred that he used the democratic super-majority to pass comprehensive yet rationale regulation of the financial industry...

healthcare reform is a good idea, but there are too many problems with obamacare that should have been addressed by reforming health care somehow instead of making everybody get insurance...

we need more fundamental changes that both parties can agree on (yes sportsshrink, i know i'm naive)...

You and I will have to disagree on this. He makes me miss Carter~

The Mad Crapper
03-03-2011, 08:08 AM
Sam Zell: Obamacare And Dodd-Frank Are Economy-Killing Monstrosities, And There Won't Be New Construction For Years

Joe Weisenthal | Mar. 3, 2011, 7:39 AM | 887 | 9

Like many guests, he's furious at the Obama administration over Dodd-Frank and Obamacare, both of which he regards as economy-killing, uncertainty-creating monstrosities that ought to be repealed.

He considers the odds of repeal to be 0%.

As for commercial real estate, his wheelhouse, he doesn't see any significant construction for the next 2-3 years, at least.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/sam-zell-on-cnbc-2011-3#ixzz1FY54u8t1

Too-Green-To-Fail Energy Policies Flunk Achievement Tests

Our current renewable energy subsidy path (including tax credits, grants, mandated purchases and government loan guarantees) has proved to be unsustainable for a variety of reasons. For example, it has diverted private investments from viable to uncompetitive enterprises; created a welfare program for politically favored industries; distorted and disrupted proven free market structures; continuously rewarded repetitive failures; imposed unwarranted and involuntary cost burdens upon all energy consumers and taxpayers; and extended unprecedented government regulatory intrusions into our businesses and private lives.

According to Steve Hargreaves, a senior writer for CNNMoneyline.com, renewable energy subsidies including industry tax credits and direct grants cost the U.S. government (U.S. taxpayers) about $11 billion last year. That included approximately $5 billion for electrical solar and wind power and $6 billion for ethanol. Yet while originally intended to jump-start those industries, these handouts and other charities have yielded only entitlement-dependency.

http://blogs.forbes.com/larrybell/2011/03/01/too-green-to-fail-energy-policies-flunk-achievement-tests/

It's Taps For the Still Weakening Dollar
By Michael Pento

It now appears that the United States has finally succeeded in its efforts to destroy confidence in the U.S. dollar. Given the currency's reserve status, its ubiquity in financial markets, and the economic power and political position of the United States, this was no easy task. However, to get the job done Washington chose the right man: Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke. Thanks to Bernanke's herculean efforts, investors across the globe have now been fully weaned from their infantile belief that the U.S. dollar will remain the ultimate safe haven currency.

The proof of Ben's success can be seen in comparing how the foreign exchange markets reacted to the recent crisis in the Middle East with how they reacted to the financial crisis of 2008. Back then, investors looking for safety abandoned their foreign currency positions and piled into the U.S. dollar (the market for U.S. Treasury Bonds in particular). As a result of these fund flows, the U.S. dollar surged 20% from August to November 2008.

However, during this latest round of global destabilization the dollar experienced no such rally. In fact, the greenback shed about 5% of its value since the Tunisia revolution began in December of 2010. The reason should be clear; the Fed has placed international investors on notice that it will unleash even greater doses of dollar debasement at the first whiff of additional economic weakness, deflation threat, or dollar appreciation. Just this week, Bernanke once again made clear that despite what he considers to be a better growth outlook at home and abroad, and spreading global inflation, the United States will not pull back from monetary accommodation, even as other nations conspicuously do so. The architect of U.S. monetary policy has stated explicitly that dollar debasement will continue for the indefinite future.

http://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2011/03/03/its_taps_for_the_weakening_dollar_98894.html