PDA

View Full Version : Life A Dose of Reality

Otter
02-27-2011, 02:54 PM
If you remember this post, here's an update:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=238743

His Mom found him dead Saturday morning in his house that was about to be repossessed with a shotgun hole the back of the head. I almost watched it happen with the text messages he sent me and I knew he was in a bad place when he stole off me. I feel guilty from not doing more but I really don't know what else I've could have done besides dragging him out of the house kicking and screaming in a head lock and I would have no idea what to do after that happens.

All I can say that what I've learned from this is that material posestions are pretty much bullshit when it comes to friends and family. That's your base in life. Don't ever mess it up because that's all you have when it comes down to it.

Live, Love and Laugh with the people you have. The rest is just BS pretty much.

RIP Mike

Numb right now

cdcox
02-27-2011, 03:00 PM
So sorry to hear this. My condolences of the loss of your friend. Remember the good times.

KC Tattoo
02-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Don't blame yourself, it's too bad this happend, just don't blame yourself.

Rain Man
02-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Wow, how sad.

I guess the only good thing is that you now know that he really was desperate when he stole the money.

mlyonsd
02-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Don't blame yourself, it's too bad this happend, just don't blame yourself.This.

Sorry for your loss Otter.

KurtCobain
02-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Damn dude. Life sucks. For a lot of people.

LiveSteam
02-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Sorry things turned out the way they did. Not your fault. Try & remember the good times

Baconeater
02-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Sorry to hear that man. There's probably not much, if anything, that you could've done to prevent it.

Bwana
02-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Damn bud, sorry to hear this.

vailpass
02-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Sorry Otter. Not a damn thing you could have done that you didn't do.

ChiTown
02-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Sorry to hear that, Otter. It's tough to lose someone you love and care about, but losing them that way can be overwhelming to the mind. Thoughts and prayers for you.

Pat

Simply Red
02-27-2011, 03:52 PM
sorry j-bo

gimme a call sometime soon broheim.

I'm sorry again man, it's been a shitty weekend, in many ways. Let me know if you need to talk.

threebag02
02-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Sorry to hear. Remember the good times.

mikey23545
02-27-2011, 04:13 PM
What a heart wrenching story, Otter...

Very sorry for your loss.

FAX
02-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Holy shit, man.

FAX

DJ's left nut
02-27-2011, 04:25 PM
Man, there's just nothing I can say.

Hang in there, bud, and don't beat yourself up too badly. Everyone wishes they could've done more but sometimes mental illness wins, no matter how hard you try.

Phobia
02-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Sorry for your loss, bro. Not your fault.

RedNeckRaider
02-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Man, there's just nothing I can say.

Hang in there, bud, and don't beat yourself up too badly. Everyone wishes they could've done more but sometimes mental illness wins, no matter how hard you try.

Pretty much sums it up. You cannot be there every minute of every day when someone struggles in life. You can love them, help the best you can, but sadly sometimes we lose people who just cannot see another way out of the issues they are fighting~

Frazod
02-27-2011, 04:43 PM
If he'd had any decency he's had shot his mom first, because she'll never be be right again after seeing that. My mom did the same shit when she checked out, and it was my grandmother that found her with her eyes glazed open lying in a pool of blood. Afterward, Grandma stayed in that house alone, slowly going insane. Dementia was something of a blessing, and it wasn't long in coming.

I'm sorry your friend is gone, and I don't mean to diminish your personal loss at all, but I feel worse for his mother than anybody else.

FAX
02-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Things like this are difficult, Mr. Otter. Really difficult.

I'm still not fully resolved to the reality that my best, childhood friend committed suicide last summer. What I do know is that, once all hope has evaporated in a person, there's nothing you could have done, really. Nothing you could have said. Nothing that could have changed anything. Ultimately, it's a personal decision. Uniquely personal. And it has nothing to do with anyone else ... otherwise, it wouldn't happen.

FAX

Der Flöprer
02-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Damn. I'm sorry to hear it, man. In the back of the head? Someone did it to him? Damn shame however it went down. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

DanT
02-27-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm sorry to hear that your friend's passing, Otter.

KC Tattoo
02-27-2011, 05:06 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2-BtquTKw78?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2-BtquTKw78?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Phobia
02-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Damn. I'm sorry to hear it, man. In the back of the head? Someone did it to him? Damn shame however it went down. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

That was my initial take too but then I read it again and it seemed like he sucked on the barrel.

WV
02-27-2011, 05:14 PM
If he'd had any decency he's had shot his mom first, because she'll never be be right again after seeing that. My mom did the same shit when she checked out, and it was my grandmother that found her with her eyes glazed open lying in a pool of blood. Afterward, Grandma stayed in that house alone, slowly going insane. Dementia was something of a blessing, and it wasn't long in coming.

I'm sorry your friend is gone, and I don't mean to diminish your personal loss at all, but I feel worse for his mother than anybody else.

Kinda the way I feel too. Had a friend that did virtually the same thing this guy did and IMO suicide is a completely selfish act.

Der Flöprer
02-27-2011, 05:24 PM
That was my initial take too but then I read it again and it seemed like he sucked on the barrel.

Duh. I'm and idiot. Thanks for the clarification.

Otter
02-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Thanks for condolences guys. I'm honestly OK it's just like being kicked in the head by a mule when it actually happens.

If I sound preachy I'm sorry but one last time - keep things in perspective when dealing with stuff like this - your house and what you own doesn't define you,

Der Flöprer
02-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Thanks for condolences guys. I'm honestly OK it's just like being kicked in the head by a mule when it actually happens.

If I sound preachy I'm sorry but one last time - keep things in perspective when dealing with stuff like this - your house and what you own doesn't define you,

Don't beat yourself up brother. There was no way you could've predicted this. This isn't your fault.

Otter
02-27-2011, 05:39 PM

This guy lost it Frazod. I know he was bonkers when he checked out. He was literally movie star looks and had everything going for him. He was just depressed and wanted to check out.

That's a wrap son, over!

I don't understand it either but it's over and I really don't know what to say.

bevischief
02-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Sorry to hear. RIP

Dayze
02-28-2011, 08:58 AM
sorry to hear dude.

crazycoffey
02-28-2011, 09:02 AM
Sorry to hear, repeat the sentiment about not your fault, and agree with your take, F being preachy, sometimes everyone can use a "life is short, love laugh and live while you can" story.

Hope you really are doing well brother, you can only control yourself and your actions.

MOhillbilly
02-28-2011, 09:06 AM
Sucks dude. Dont blame yourself. Get lost in the good memories.

seclark
02-28-2011, 09:40 AM
hang tough, otter. some things cannot be changed.
sec