PDA

View Full Version : Life Texas group launches scholarship for white men ONLY

Deberg_1990
02-28-2011, 08:01 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361139/Texas-group-launches-scholarship-white-men-ONLY--need-equal-shot.html

A non-profit group has launched a college scholarship for a demographic it claims are under-represented in society - white men.
The Former Majority Association for Equality will give grants of $500 to any man from Texas who is at least ‘25 per cent Caucasian’, has good grades and can demonstrate they are in need.
Its founder Colby Bohannan claims whites feel ‘excluded’ when they apply to college and that they are ‘left out’ when it comes to funding.

The provocative move risks a backlash by anti-racism groups but college officials in Texas have said there is little they can do to prevent it.
Mr Bohannan, a former Texas State University student and Iraq veteran, said the group was named because of the idea that ‘if you're not a male, and if you're not white, you're called a minority’.
‘I'm not sure white males are the majority any more,’ he said. ‘If everyone else can find scholarships, why are we left out?’
He added that the group is not taking a stance on affirmative action and has denounced racism.
‘It's time in our society to look at the way our culture views race,’ he said. ‘It's time to give everyone an equal shot.’
FMAFE plans to offer four $500 scholarships to any college, inside Texas or outside the state, for the forthcoming academic year.
So far it has raised more than $1,600.

It is not clear how the percentage of ‘whiteness’ will be evaluated but the group’s officers say they will consider each applicant carefully.
On its website FMAFE claims its goal is: ‘To financially assist young Americans seeking higher education who lack opportunities in similar organisations that are based upon race or gender.
‘In a country that proclaims equality for all, we provide monetary aid to those that have found the scholarship application process difficult because they do not fit into certain categories or any ethnic group,’ it says.
It adds that they do ‘not want to appear racist or racially motivated’ and that they will not accept any donations from hate groups.
Mr Bohannan said: 'The toughest obstacles to getting this organisation off the ground seem to be not appearing racially motivated, and getting taken seriously.
'The board members of FMAFE are not trying to put anyone down or make any race or cultures seem inferior.'
Despite the apparently wild claims Bohannan may actually be correct - Hispanics accounted for two-thirds of the population growth over the past decade in Texas.
Non-Hispanic whites now make up about 45 per cent of residents.
The scholarship has already touched off a heated debate in Texas and on the Texas State University student newspaper opinion was divided.
About-time wrote: ‘This is awesome! Its about time people realize that white people deserve help too. Its not just minorities who struggle’.
Armset11 however said: ‘Great..yet another scholarship fund that discriminates based on race.’
William Lake, FMAFE’s treasurer, said: ‘There's a scholarship out there for just about any demographic, except this one.

‘We realise it's for good reason - this is a touchy subject.’

vailpass
02-28-2011, 08:03 AM
25%and above qualifies? That is hardly white men only.

blaise
02-28-2011, 08:10 AM
Whatever. If people can do it for one group, why not another?

beach tribe
02-28-2011, 08:11 AM
I see nothing wrong with this what so ever.

beach tribe
02-28-2011, 08:14 AM
25%and above qualifies? That is hardly white men only.

Really. 25%?

A white grandparent?

I actually think it should be a higher percentage, because someone who is 75% non-white is already going to college for free if they so choose.

Predarat
02-28-2011, 08:14 AM
They need to take away the 25% thing, other then that way to go!

chiefsnorth
02-28-2011, 08:15 AM
I don't have a problem with this. People should be free to give money away to anyone whom they choose.

If anything is unfair its that there are myriad scholarships out there that whites don't have access to due to the color of their skin. I mean, wasn't this called Jim Crow at one time? You can't eat here because of your race? You can't attend this school? You can't apply for this scholarship? It's reverse racism.

beach tribe
02-28-2011, 08:19 AM
I don't have a problem with this. People should be free to give money away to anyone whom they choose.

If anything is unfair its that there are myriad scholarships out there that whites don't have access to due to the color of their skin. I mean, wasn't this called Jim Crow at one time? You can't eat here because of your race? You can't attend this school? You can't apply for this scholarship? It's reverse racism.

Reverse racism is the dumbest term I've ever heard used. Racism, is racism, and in this day, and age white people encounter as much as, if not more than any other ethnic group.

ChiTown
02-28-2011, 08:50 AM
If they can specify scholarships for other races, why not white males? :thumb:

Ebolapox
02-28-2011, 09:10 AM
hey, this feels as if needs the spin of dave chappelle in whiteface.

Sannyasi
02-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Reverse racism is the dumbest term I've ever heard used. Racism, is racism, and in this day, and age white people encounter as much as, if not more than any other ethnic group.

Let me guess, you are white

Ebolapox
02-28-2011, 09:29 AM

I'm black and I agree with him.

Sannyasi
02-28-2011, 09:32 AM
I'm black and I agree with him.

That's fine, you are just and idiot. Anyone who thinks white people are the most oppressed group in this country has to be a complete fucking moron.

Bambi
02-28-2011, 09:34 AM

bwahahaha,

unbelievable

SNR
That's fine, you are just and idiot. Anyone who thinks white people are the most oppressed group in this country has to be a complete fucking moron.Who the hell said that?

AndChiefs
That's fine, you are just and idiot. Anyone who thinks white people are the most oppressed group in this country has to be a complete ****ing moron.

Oppression and racism is not the same thing. There's a lot more racism than oppression in this country.

Ebolapox
02-28-2011, 09:35 AM
That's fine, you are just and idiot. Anyone who thinks white people are the most oppressed group in this country has to be a complete fucking moron.

look, it's ignorant negras like you who are keeping us down. we can't worry ABOUT the white man, we have to worry about ourselves. you know the last man to call me kunta kinte? an ignorant ass ****a. no white man ever fucks with me, ****as fuck with me daily.

SNR
02-28-2011, 09:36 AM
Totally agree. In fact, I'm thinking about creating the SNR Chiefsplanet Scholarship for Douche of the Year candidates.

That's right. If you are a giant douchebag, you may be eligible to achieve your dream and go to college in spite of your douchebaggery.

Ebolapox
02-28-2011, 09:37 AM
it's dumbass ****as like you who I worry about. the media and white people don't fuck with me--they're not why I worry about standing at the ATM. YOU are why I hide my money in books--ignorant ass ****as like you are AFRAID of books.

JD10367
02-28-2011, 09:37 AM
look, it's ignorant negras like you who are keeping us down. we can't worry ABOUT the white man, we have to worry about ourselves. you know the last man to call me kunta kinte? an ignorant ass ****a. no white man ever ****s with me, ****as **** with me daily.

Suddenly I want to watch Chris Rock's standup bit about the difference between black people and ****as. :D

Ebolapox
02-28-2011, 09:38 AM
and I CHALLENGE you to be as BLACK as I am, sunnyasi. I'm the most ebony motherfucker out there!

Donger
02-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Texas: "We're losin' it! We're losin' the whole other country!"

Stupid, racist, redneck morons.

Bambi
02-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Texas: "We're losin' it! We're losin' the whole other country!"

Stupid, racist, redneck morons.

I don't it's the whole state.

This scholarship has raised a whopping $1,600

crazycoffey
02-28-2011, 09:40 AM
DC in 3...2...

anyway, white male here, have been discriminated against because I was white. couldn't get into an officer program for the army in the late nineties, because I was a white male....

Racism is racism, don't do something or not do something based on skin color. End of story.

SNR
02-28-2011, 09:40 AM
There is absolutely no question out there who swings the biggest, chocolatiest penis on Chiefsplanet.

Rain Man

Ebolapox
02-28-2011, 09:42 AM
There is absolutely no question out there who swings the biggest, chocolatiest penis on Chiefsplanet.

H5N1

And if you don't know, now ya know!

I'm so black that if you sprinkle salt onto me in a room without lights on, it looks like deep space.

BigMeatballDave
02-28-2011, 09:43 AM
it's dumbass ****as like you who I worry about. the media and white people don't fuck with me--they're not why I worry about standing at the ATM. YOU are why I hide my money in books--ignorant ass ****as like you are AFRAID of books.Cant have a big-screen TV. You can, but you better paint it white and hope niggaz think its a bassinet. :)

Ebolapox
02-28-2011, 09:47 AM
YOU DIDN'T HEAR SHIT BECAUSE YOU WAS DOING SHIT

BigMeatballDave
02-28-2011, 09:50 AM
YOU DIDN'T HEAR SHIT BECAUSE YOU WAS DOING SHIT:LOL: Awesome. Probably my favorite stand-up performance ever.

Lonewolf Ed
02-28-2011, 10:25 AM
This scholarship was bound to be received poorly by some, since this racism and "reverse" racism crap is rampant. What all of us in this nation need to realize and start living it is this: there is no way to even the score. Slavery is over. No one even has a grandparent alive now who was either a slave or an owner. There is no one to hold accountable and no one with whom to make amends.

Having been outside this country many times, I've seen that racism is not unique to the USA. I sometimes wonder if people in this country think everyone from a different land treats their own countrymen equally. I can say for a fact they do not. I'm half Danish on my mom's side of the family and a second generation American. My great-great-grandfather was a serf in Denmark, working on a huge farm owned by a wealthy family that resided in a huge former monastery. Serf, slave... there is not much of a difference there, really, except "massah" was the same color. I don't hate wealthy Danes because they had serfs at one time, though.

There are racists in this nation and they are not just one skin tone. What would be great for us is to understand that one can dislike another and it's okay. If one chooses to dislike another race entirely because of a negative experience, then that is the wrong mindset. I've met far more white people that I couldn't stand than any other group. In fact, the only people I've ever wanted to kick the living shit out of are white! I've met some black folks I like and some I don't, but if I were to say I hate all blacks, then I'd have to hate all whites, too, since I met some of them I don't like or else I'm just a hypocrite.

We're all one another's countrymen and some of us are going to get along, some of us aren't, and that is okay. Let's move forward, shall we?

Pitt Gorilla
02-28-2011, 10:58 AM

If anything is unfair its that there are myriad scholarships out there that whites don't have access to due to the color of their skin. I mean, wasn't this called Jim Crow at one time? You can't eat here because of your race? You can't attend this school? You can't apply for this scholarship? It's reverse racism.How does "reverse racism" differ from "racism?"

chiefsnorth
02-28-2011, 11:02 AM
How does "reverse racism" differ from "racism?"

Because it's a rare condition that the word racism is used meaning anything but a white person hating someone of another race, reverse would be someone of another race hating a white person.

Pitt Gorilla
02-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Because it's a rare condition that the word racism is used meaning anything but a white person hating someone of another race, reverse would be someone of another race hating a white person.Perhaps that is in part due to idiots using terms like "reverse racism" instead of "racism."

Valiant
02-28-2011, 11:11 AM

Uhh?? Pretty sure he saying that it is just racism..

Mr. Laz
02-28-2011, 11:12 AM
I like it ... if for no other reason than just the principal of the thing.

Donger
02-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Perhaps that is in part due to idiots using terms like "reverse racism" instead of "racism."

So, Affirmative Action is racism in your view?

MIAdragon
02-28-2011, 11:22 AM

Do you disagree?

Donger
02-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Do you disagree?

No.

ChiTown
02-28-2011, 11:34 AM
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

:rockon:

KC native
02-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Oh noooooooooooo, white man's burden.

It's so hard to be white in america. Rofl

OnTheWarpath58
02-28-2011, 11:38 AM
DC in 3...2...

anyway, white male here, have been discriminated against because I was white. couldn't get into an officer program for the army in the late nineties, because I was a white male....

Racism is racism, don't do something or not do something based on skin color. End of story.

Same here.

I qualified for a Journalism scholarship at Mizzou, save for one thing - the color of my skin.

My principal told me to apply for it anyway, and wrote an incredible letter of recommendation.

Obviously, I didn't get it. But I later found out that I was the ONLY student that applied. So instead of giving a scholarship to an ambitious student in need, it went unused.

KC native
02-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Oh and ftr I have no problem with the scholarship

Donger
02-28-2011, 11:49 AM

How would you know what it's like to be white in America?

Pitt Gorilla
02-28-2011, 11:50 AM
So, Affirmative Action is racism in your view?The "so" part of your statement seems to indicate a connection that I'm not seeing. I'll answer the question anyway. Yes.

I also have no problem with the scholarship. You give the money, you get to set the rules (in many cases).

So, Donger, what percentage of Republicans would you guess are racist?
(are we still asking tangentially-related, yet seemingly left-field originating questions?)

Count Alex's Wins
02-28-2011, 11:51 AM
http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/5117636/fuck-yeah.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Fuck-Yeah

Donger
02-28-2011, 11:52 AM
The "so" part of your statement seems to indicate a connection that I'm not seeing. I'll answer the question anyway. Yes.

I also have no problem with the scholarship. You give the money, you get to set the rules (in many cases).

(are we still asking tangentially-related, yet seemingly left-field originating questions?)

I just wanted to get your opinion on whether AA was racist. Thank you for your answer.

chiefsnorth
02-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Perhaps that is in part due to idiots using terms like "reverse racism" instead of "racism."

Pedantic poster is pedantic

Pitt Gorilla
02-28-2011, 11:53 AM
I just wanted to get your opinion on whether AA was racist. Thank you for your answer.I'd like your opinion on a percentage. Thanks in advance.

Donger
02-28-2011, 11:55 AM
The "so" part of your statement seems to indicate a connection that I'm not seeing. I'll answer the question anyway. Yes.

Sorry, I missed your question:

Probably 20%. About the same as Democrats.

chiefsnorth
02-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Sorry, I missed your question:

Probably 20%. About the same as Democrats.

I think racial bigotry is probably about even on both sides.

If you look at bigotry on the basis of religion it's probably not.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-28-2011, 12:06 PM

I don't think you have any idea what it's like growing up as a poor white male in the 21st century.

KC native
02-28-2011, 12:07 PM
How would you know what it's like to be white in America?

Considering my mother is white, quite a bit.

Donger
02-28-2011, 12:08 PM

Do you consider yourself white?

WV
02-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Don't see how anyone could have an issue here. One more scholarship based on ethnicity shouldn't matter.

crazycoffey
02-28-2011, 12:12 PM

Do you disagree?

No.

ladies and gentlemen, I show you a shiny example of trolling.....

Donger
02-28-2011, 12:13 PM

Asking a question is trolling?

crazycoffey
02-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Asking a question is trolling?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling

seriously? stop acting so innocent.... Pick two(minus # 6 and #7) of the list from Urban Dictionary and get just 10 percent of the 6157 CP posters to disagree with me, and I'll leave forever.

I may even go to 5%....
Troll....

Donger
02-28-2011, 12:28 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling

seriously? stop acting so innocent.... Pick two(minus # 6 and #7) of the list from Urban Dictionary and get just 10 percent of the 6157 CP posters to disagree with me, and I'll leave forever.

I may even go to 5%....
Troll....

:spock:

Did you even read this thread?

Lzen
02-28-2011, 12:30 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that since you only mentioned your "mother" rather than your "parents", the answer is no.

Just Passin' By
02-28-2011, 12:31 PM

It's probably the way you phrased your question. "So", followed by a statement, is often used as a setup by someone waiting to pounce on the answer.

KC native
02-28-2011, 12:34 PM
I don't think you have any idea what it's like growing up as a poor white male in the 21st century.

I'm half white and if you met me in person, you wouldn't believe I was half mexican.

Donger
02-28-2011, 12:34 PM
It's probably the way you phrased your question. "So", followed by a statement, is often used as a setup by someone waiting to pounce on the answer.

That's just the way I write/speak.

As was shown, I didn't pounce at all. If Pitt had answered "No," I would have pointed out that this "white only" scholarship is just as "racist" as AA is.

Both are racist, IMO.

Donger
02-28-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm half white and if you met me in person, you wouldn't believe I was half mexican.

Kind of like Cameron Diaz?

crazycoffey
02-28-2011, 12:37 PM

Every post, and asking a question with the sole intent to start something (internet fight) is trolling (as described in almost all the definitions listed on urban dictionary), hence my post responding to yours is still withstanding...

Donger
02-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Every post, and asking a question with the sole intent to start something (internet fight) is trolling (as described in almost all the definitions listed on urban dictionary), hence my post responding to yours is still withstanding...

So, this very thread is an example of trolling?

tooge
02-28-2011, 12:41 PM
this shouldn't be an issue to anyone that doesn't harbor some racism. It's a scholarship based on ethnicity, just like all the other scholarships based on ethnicity. I'm glad someone finally had the balls to come up with one, knowing full well that there would be backlash. This is a shining example of how to "un-pussify" the country.

seaofred
02-28-2011, 12:42 PM
This scholarship is only as racist as all other scholarships that are for specific races. Their is no difference, just like schools that only let in specific races or genders.

Donger
02-28-2011, 12:42 PM
This scholarship is only as racist as all other scholarships that are for specific races. Their is no difference, just like schools that only let in specific races or genders.

Yep.

crazycoffey
02-28-2011, 12:44 PM

It's not abnormal (in my experience) that Donger's questions are primarily purposed to start shit.

That's just the way I write/speak.

As was shown, I didn't pounce at all. If Pitt had answered "No," I would have pointed out that this "white only" scholarship is just as "racist" as AA is.

Both are racist, IMO.

So, this very thread is an example of trolling?

The thread itself is to spark a conversation, your posts are traditionally (in my opinion) more to question a topic just to question a topic. Regardless of validity.

It's not that I disagree with the opinion you are (openly) stating, it is in fact the way you state it. It's confrontational in it's best light (no problem with that) but it's shit stirring at it's worst example (ie trolling - don't act like this is the first time we've shared opinions or posts in this forum)

Just Passin' By
02-28-2011, 12:44 PM
This thread is destined for trouble

Donger
02-28-2011, 12:46 PM
It's not abnormal (in my experience) that Donger's questions are primarily purposed to start shit.

The thread itself is to spark a conversation, your posts are traditionally (in my opinion) more to question a topic just to question a topic. Regardless of validity.

It's not that I disagree with the opinion you are (openly) stating, it is in fact the way you state it. It's confrontational in it's best light (no problem with that) but it's shit stirring at it's worst example (ie trolling - don't act like this is the first time we've shared opinions or posts in this forum)

If generating additional conversation and discussion is what you consider to be "starting sh*t," that's fine. I don't agree with you, obviously.

And, I'm not sure that you and I have ever interacted. Based on what you wrote, we apparently have, so I apologize for not remembering.

Donger
02-28-2011, 12:48 PM

Interesting that you went with one half being a skin color and the other half a nationality.

crazycoffey
02-28-2011, 12:56 PM
If generating additional conversation and discussion is what you consider to be "starting sh*t," that's fine. I don't agree with you, obviously.

And, I'm not sure that you and I have ever interacted. Based on what you wrote, we apparently have, so I apologize for not remembering.

Seriously? Are you High? LOL

Donger, we've had many rounds of "internet wit" that you mostly "won" because you've been here longer than me. But in all my time here, you "question" without reason and sometimes without common understanding. I'm simply stating that I think you do that more just to "ask a question" than any other reason. sue me.....

KC native
02-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Interesting that you went with one half being a skin color and the other half a nationality.

It's interesting how obsessed you are with my heritage.

It's also interesting that you consider these scholarships racist but not some of the posters out in dc

Donger
02-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Seriously? Are you High? LOL

Donger, we've had many rounds of "internet wit" that you mostly "won" because you've been here longer than me. But in all my time here, you "question" without reason and sometimes without common understanding. I'm simply stating that I think you do that more just to "ask a question" than any other reason. sue me.....

It's not my fault if you don't understand my reasoning.

Sorry that I don't remember any of our rounds of "Internet wit."

Donger
02-28-2011, 01:00 PM

It's also interesting that you consider these scholarships racist but not some of the posters out in dc

I'm not obsessed with you heritage; you are.

As to your second paragraph, I don't really feel this is the place to discuss that particular topic. Besides, we've been over that plenty in DC.

crazycoffey
02-28-2011, 01:01 PM
It's not my fault if you don't understand my reasoning.

Sorry that I don't remember any of our rounds of "Internet wit."

ok, troll. I see you are just trying to get a rise of me. I won't fall for it. I'll just say, it's not my fault you don't see that I DO understand your reasoning. As for our past. Your and idiot....

Donger
02-28-2011, 01:02 PM
ok, troll. I see you are just trying to get a rise of me. I won't fall for it. I'll just say, it's not my fault you don't see that I DO understand your reasoning. As for our past. Your and idiot....

Okay.

crazycoffey
02-28-2011, 01:02 PM

Don't fall for the troll antics, everything it posts is just it's way to make you talk more. think of Donger as a low key second rate Memememme

crazycoffey
02-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Okay.

o.k.

Donger
02-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Don't fall for the troll antics, everything it posts is just it's way to make you talk more. think of Donger as a low key second rate Memememme

You do realize that this is a discussion board, right?

Mr. Flopnuts
02-28-2011, 01:04 PM

But you're still half Latino which qualifies you for a litany of programs that aren't available to poor white males. This isn't white/black to me. It's rich/poor.

crazycoffey
02-28-2011, 01:07 PM
You do realize that this is a discussion board, right?

yes, do you?

Donger
02-28-2011, 01:09 PM
yes, do you?

Yes.

Bambi
02-28-2011, 01:11 PM
I can't wait to see who the first pussy is to accept this "scholarship".

:rofl:

kcmaxwell
02-28-2011, 01:12 PM
And if you don't know, now ya know!

I'm so black that if you sprinkle salt onto me in a room without lights on, it looks like deep space.

I really laughed out loud about that! Thats funny stuff!

AndChiefs
02-28-2011, 01:13 PM

Yeah, how dare a white male be poor.

Lzen
02-28-2011, 01:13 PM

Are you saying you are against this scholarship? I'm assuming that is your attitude considering the use of the word pussy.

If that is the case, please tell us why this is different than a scholarship for any other race?

Donger
02-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Are you saying you are against this scholarship? I'm assuming that is your attitude considering the use of the word pussy.

If that is the case, please tell us why this is different than a scholarship for any other race?

TROLL!

LMAO

Just Passin' By
02-28-2011, 01:15 PM

Why would someone turn down $500 tuition money?

Lzen
TROLL!

LMAO

:LOL:

BossChief
I see no problem with this, at all.

There is BET, a specific movie channel dedicated to AAs, AA colleges and scolorships dedicated to one group...what's the difference?

Would the AA community be outraged if there was a WET channel (white entertainment television) or if there was a school advertised as "white only"? If so, I suggest certain parts to look at the man in the mirror.

blaise

Huh?

crazycoffey
02-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Yes.

Do you genially believe that? I really don't believe you do.... just my 2 cents worth.

Donger
02-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Do you genially believe that? I really don't believe you do.... just my 2 cents worth.

Sure. I'm a pretty genial person.

Bambi

I'm all for it. People can give money to whomever they wish.

I just think with the racial history of this country that a young man who would accept it would be a pussy in my eyes.

Knock yourself out dude, I don't lose sleep knowing there are scholarships out there for minorities and women.

Lzen
I see no problem with this, at all.

There is BET, a specific movie channel dedicated to AAs, AA colleges and scolorships dedicated to one group...what's the difference?

Would the AA community be outraged if there was a WET channel (white entertainment television) or if there was a school advertised as "white only"? If so, I suggest certain parts to look at the man in the mirror.

I understand your point, but I have never heard of a school advertised as black only. Sure, there are traditional black colleges (Grambling, Southern, etc.), but as far as I know, you can still go there if you're white. I don't believe it would be legal to not allow whites.

Lzen
02-28-2011, 01:19 PM

I just think with the racial history of this country that a young man who would accept it would be a pussy in my eyes.

Knock yourself out dude, I don't lose sleep knowing there are scholarships out there for minorities and women.

I would not lose any sleep knowing you disapprove. I had zero to do with the racial history in this country and I grew up just as poor as many minorities that apply for similar scholarships.

And, quite frankly, I think it is this attitude that hinders progress in racial relations.

Donger
02-28-2011, 01:19 PM

Only if you are of the opinion that a young, white man today is in any way responsible for the "racial history" of this country or should have any guilt whatsoever about it.

crazycoffey
02-28-2011, 01:22 PM
TROLL!

LMAO

no, you fail at understanding. That is an example of discussion. posing questions to ask questions in partaking of the discussion is ok too (okay), being a brock or a memememememmemeememem and saying anything (question or statement) to illicit anything other than a true discussion is trolling. or to say something for shock value alone, is trolling. that is my opinion.

I didn't know I was Donger's authority on the term trolling. He is certainly trying to prove my opinion wrong....

Donger
02-28-2011, 01:26 PM
no, you fail at understanding. That is an example of discussion. posing questions to ask questions in partaking of the discussion is ok too (okay), being a brock or a memememememmemeememem and saying anything (question or statement) to illicit anything other than a true discussion is trolling. or to say something for shock value alone, is trolling. that is my opinion.

I didn't know I was Donger's authority on the term trolling. He is certainly trying to prove my opinion wrong....

I was only interested in a "true discussion" with Pitt. What makes you think my motivation was something else?

And, considering you seem incapable of actually determining what trolling is, I wouldn't suggest that you are an authority on it. From what you've demonstrated so far, you seem to be quite the opposite.

crazycoffey
02-28-2011, 01:27 PM

LOL, meant genuinely, I forgot I get graded on any error no matter how it's perceived.

blaise
02-28-2011, 01:29 PM

So, you're for race based scholarships, just not for white people.

Just Passin' By
02-28-2011, 01:29 PM

That may be the stupidest thing I've seen posted during my time on this site, and that's saying something, given the competition.

crazycoffey
02-28-2011, 01:30 PM

I was only interested in a "true discussion" with Pitt. What makes you think my motivation was something else?

I've been on CP for more than a day......

And, considering you seem incapable of actually determining what trolling is, I wouldn't suggest that you are an authority on it. From what you've demonstrated so far, you seem to be quite the opposite.

I have no problem discerning the term trolling. If the Urban dictionary definitions are not sufficient for you, than that wouldn't be my problem

blaise
02-28-2011, 01:31 PM
That may be the stupidest thing I've seen posted during my time on this site, and that's saying something, given the competition.

Yes, that was so dumb that it's almost like someone was trying to post something dumb as a goof.
Except he's serious.

AndChiefs
02-28-2011, 01:32 PM

:clap:

crazycoffey
02-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Yes, that was so dumb that it's almost like someone was trying to post something dumb as a goof.
Except he's serious.

someone posting something dumb as a goof would also be a definition of trolling....

Donger
02-28-2011, 01:35 PM
I've been on CP for more than a day......

I have no problem discerning the term trolling. If the Urban dictionary definitions are not sufficient for you, than that wouldn't be my problem

And, as I've pointed out, if you think that any attempt at generating discussion is trolling, then the majority of what is done here is trolling.

ThaVirus
02-28-2011, 01:36 PM
I don't really have much of a problem with this. While I disagree that race shouldn't really be a deciding factor on anything (seriously, why the hell is it such a big deal?), there are scholarships out there for minorities- why not whites? It is kind of odd that you only have to be 25% caucasian though. I'm 50% caucasian and if you say me you wouldn't guess I was anything less than Puerto Rican...

LiveSteam
02-28-2011, 01:36 PM
I HATE TEXAS
GO BIG RED

AndChiefs
02-28-2011, 01:37 PM
I HATE TEXAS
GO BIG RED

Way to add to the discussion. :thumb:

Just Passin' By
02-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Except he's serious.

This site just had a Douche Of The Year contest. I'm surprised there's not a stickied thread for all the truly idiotic posts made every year that ends up with a final contest from among the very worst of them. Wickedson's post would be an early favorite for the title, IMO.

Donger
02-28-2011, 01:39 PM
I HATE TEXAS
GO BIG RED

LMAO

Bambi
02-28-2011, 01:52 PM
So, you're for race based scholarships, just not for white people.

I've already stated I'm for giving money to whatever group you like. I don't see how you're having such a hard time grasping that.

Shit is corny man.

OP made thread for a reason, some to agree, some to disagree, and some to call out this two bit organization for what they are...

beach tribe
02-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Who the hell said that?

No one, but he is obviously one of the truly oppressed.

crazycoffey
02-28-2011, 01:54 PM
And, as I've pointed out, if you think that any attempt at generating discussion is trolling, then the majority of what is done here is trolling.

soooo, your opinion of generating discussion seems different than mine.
I'm so sorry I offended the power to be.....
you are superior to me, obviously.

sorry I forgot the appropriate smilie

Donger
02-28-2011, 01:55 PM
soooo, your opinion of generating discussion seems different than mine.
I'm so sorry I offended the power to be.....
you are superior to me, obviously.

sorry I forgot the appropriate smilie

Okay.

blaise
02-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Seriously, Wickedson is pretty much a tard.

beach tribe
02-28-2011, 01:57 PM

Correct.

Just Passin' By
02-28-2011, 01:58 PM

I hadn't paid any attention to his posts before. However, between his idiocy on the DOTY thread and his moronic comments here, I'm certainly leaning heavily towards your point of view on this.

Bambi
02-28-2011, 02:00 PM

From what I've observed of your posts I am quite comfortable knowing that you and I don't agree on much.

blaise
02-28-2011, 02:00 PM
From what I've observed of your posts I am quite comfortable knowing that you and I don't agree on much.

Me too. Especially since you're considered one of the top douches here.

AndChiefs
02-28-2011, 02:01 PM
I've already stated I'm for giving money to whatever group you like. I don't see how you're having such a hard time grasping that.

Shit is corny man.

OP made thread for a reason, some to agree, some to disagree, and some to call out this two bit organization for what they are...

Yep, they're obviously racist because they want to help poor white men.

Bambi
02-28-2011, 02:02 PM

Well if you consider 21 votes to be "top" then you've got a strange definition of success.

:thumb:

blaise
02-28-2011, 02:02 PM

It's obvious that white people are all rich, while minorities are in need of scholarships.

Bambi
02-28-2011, 02:03 PM

I didn't call them racists.

I called them two-bit

two-bit (tbt)
adj.
1. Informal Costing or worth 25 cents: a two-bit cigar.
2. Slang Worth very little; petty or insignificant: a two-bit thief.

blaise
02-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Well if you consider 21 votes to be "top" then you've got a strange definition of success.

:thumb:

No, just a regular definition. Don't sell yourself short, people thought you were a tremendous douche.
And that wasn't the first round was it? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you had moved up the douche bracket prior to that.
Don't worry though, you seem to be the early #1 seed for next year.
Great work, douche!

AndChiefs
02-28-2011, 02:09 PM

I called them two-bit

two-bit (tbt)
adj.

"for what they are"

Most people wouldn't feel ashamed accepting money from a two-bit organization. A lot would feel ashamed accepting money from a bunch of racists just because they're the same color.

I wonder what you might have been alluding to with those four words?

crazycoffey
02-28-2011, 02:12 PM
Okay.

ok

tooge
02-28-2011, 02:13 PM

Shit is corny man.

two bit for trying to help an otherwise unable student get to college? Oh, ok, I get it now. You are one badass dude man. You are theeeeeee shit. I mean theeeeee shit.

beach tribe
02-28-2011, 02:14 PM
look, it's ignorant negras like you who are keeping us down. we can't worry ABOUT the white man, we have to worry about ourselves. you know the last man to call me kunta kinte? an ignorant ass ****a. no white man ever fucks with me, ****as fuck with me daily.

Great post.
I honestly believe that people who blame others for their situation, whether it be for racial or other reasons, make the the people in the same boat as them look bad.
People like this guy, are going to be throwing the race card at every turn, and people like him, are the reason that racism won't go away.

Unrelated, but my previous post stems from the fact that I went to school in Memphis TN, was one of 2 white kids in a class of 28, and got fucked with every day, and beat down, A LOT.
I moved to a rural, and what this person would probably call a redneck racist school in TN, with only 4 black people in our entire HS, and NEVER were those kids ever targeted or harassed. Hell, they were cool as shit, and we all got along great. I will never judge a person by the color of their skin, but it doesn't take long to realize you are talking to a whitie hater who makes all black people look bad, and is much more the reason that racism won't die, than the person taking applications. I live in a very ethnically diverse area, and have learned that business owners want the person who is most qualified, and willing to do the job. Regardless of race or creed.

Bambi
02-28-2011, 02:14 PM
"for what they are"

Most people wouldn't feel ashamed accepting money from a two-bit organization. A lot would feel ashamed accepting money from a bunch of racists just because they're the same color.

I wonder what you might have been alluding to with those four words?

Sorry if my statement was misunderstood. I meant what I wrote.

They are insignificant, meaningless, "two-bit"...whatever you want to call them.

Shit man, they only have 200 facebook fans.

Just Passin' By
02-28-2011, 02:18 PM

They are insignificant, meaningless, "two-bit"...whatever you want to call them.

As long as they have the $500, and come through with it for the scholarship winner, who gives a shit?

Bambi
02-28-2011, 02:21 PM
As long as they have the $500, and come through with it for the scholarship winner, who gives a shit?

Would you accept it?

With all the jobs you are looking to apply for in the future would you really be comfortable with the fact that you have taken scholarship money from a "white only" scholarship?

beach tribe
02-28-2011, 02:22 PM

You sure as shit aren't going get anything handed to you.

AndChiefs
02-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Would you accept it?

With all the jobs you are looking to apply for in the future would you really be comfortable with the fact that you have taken scholarship money from a "white only" scholarship?

How would they know? I don't write every scholarship I've ever received on my applications and I doubt anyone else does either.

Donger
02-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Would you accept it?

Why should they feel any differently about themselves as a non-white person who accepts the same from a non-white only scholarship?

BTW, you are in your 20s, yes?

Lbedrock1
02-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Whatever. If people can do it for one group, why not another?

I agree, If he feels white men a under represented he can start a non-profit and raise the money I say go for it. I just think he has his eyes closed if he thinks white men dont have it good. Most companies have whte male CEO's, white men have the lowest unemployment of all demographics and there are more white males attending college than males of other races in this country. I know that there are a certain percentage of whites males that suffer becasue of the extreme success of white males over all, but it doesn't come close to the percentage of other races that are suffering just becasue they are not white male.

beach tribe
02-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Would you accept it?

Fuck Yes. If it was the difference between going to school, and not going to school, why would you refuse it?

Do you think AAs should refuse money from the UNCF because it is black only?

Please explain the difference you ignorant fuck.

AndChiefs
02-28-2011, 02:27 PM
**** Yes. If it was the difference between going to school, and not going to school, why would you refuse it?

Do you think AAs should refuse money from the UNCF because it is black only?

Please explain the difference you ignorant ****.

The difference to me is that some employers will be extremely hypersensitive to anything that might be construed as "racist".

However, that brings me back to my last point. How would they know how I paid for college?

It's not like I'm advertising that a little old lady down the street gave me $500 for college. Why would I advertise that I got $500 from this organization?

Just Passin' By
02-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Would you accept it?

So, you've now gotten away from "two bit" and gone back with the "white only". You can't even keep your argument straight.

I've now read enough of you to agree with Blaise. You really are a fucking idiot.

beach tribe
02-28-2011, 02:29 PM
How would they know? I don't write every scholarship I've ever received on my applications and I doubt anyone else does either.

I guess you're supposed to feel guilty about it or something.

During the douche off, I had not encountered WS before so I didn't vote for him.

I'm starting to realize why EVERYONE thinks he's a fucking dumbass.

Bambi
02-28-2011, 02:30 PM
The difference to me is that some employers will be extremely hypersensitive to anything that might be construed as "racist".

However, that brings me back to my last point. How would they know how I paid for college?

It's not like I'm advertising that a little old lady down the street gave me $500 for college. Why would I advertise that I got $500 from this organization?

I'm not saying that you would be forced to disclose all of your scholarship money.

But yes, if someone were to find out that you took money from this group it's not going to look good for you in many job markets.

Thank you for getting my point, I didn't think I was being that cryptic...

Bambi
02-28-2011, 02:31 PM
So, you've now gotten away from "two bit" and gone back with the "white only". You can't even keep your argument straight.

I've now read enough of you to agree with Blaise. You really are a ****ing idiot.

again, another one who missed the point all together.

Are you two really this dumb?

beach tribe
02-28-2011, 02:31 PM

No one would know.

And according to the "oppressed" it's all good ole' boys doing the hiring anyway, so why would they care?

Lzen
02-28-2011, 02:32 PM

You know, I used to think that was just because he was an overzealous and a bit naive KU fan. But since that DOTY thread and now this one, I can very easily see where the dislike comes from.

Bambi
02-28-2011, 02:34 PM
You know, I used to think that was just because he was an overzealous and a bit naive KU fan. But since that DOTY thread and now this one, I can very easily see where the dislike comes from.

How am I naive about KU?

Please, do tell.

tooge

no, your brilliancy. You seem to have missed the point. The point is, what is the difference from an african american man taking a scholarship from a black only scholarship organization, and a white guy taking a white only scholarship "in this job market"?

beach tribe

Yeah. We're idiots. Like every other poster here that crosses your path.

If you look around, and think your the only sane person in the room, it's a good sign that your probably the only insane person in the room.

Or just a dumbass. I'm leaning toward the latter.

Donger
02-28-2011, 02:35 PM
no, your brilliancy. You seem to have missed the point. The point is, what is the difference from an african american man taking a scholarship from a black only scholarship organization, and a white guy taking a white only scholarship "in this job market"?

He's already answered that, mind you.

Just Passin' By
02-28-2011, 02:36 PM

Shit is corny man.

I called them two-bit

two-bit (tbt)
adj.

Would you accept it?

It's Pretty clear that I didn't miss the point. You just changed your argument.

beach tribe
02-28-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm not saying that you would be forced to disclose all of your scholarship money.

But yes, if someone were to find out that you took money from this group it's not going to look good for you in many job markets.

Thank you for getting my point, I didn't think I was being that cryptic...

We understood. It's just fucking stupid. No one is going to dig up where you got your grants for your education from. It's a moot, and idiotic point you're trying to make.

Lzen
02-28-2011, 02:38 PM
How am I naive about KU?

Please, do tell.

I was being nice. Your KU football knowledge is completely lacking, IIRC.

beach tribe
02-28-2011, 02:38 PM
How am I naive about KU?

Please, do tell.

Mr. Laz
02-28-2011, 02:39 PM

i don't think that was trolling as much as it was "fishing" :p

AndChiefs
02-28-2011, 02:39 PM
I was being nice. Your KU football knowledge is completely lacking, IIRC.

Come on...everyone knows they're going to go undefeated next year.

mikey23545
02-28-2011, 02:42 PM

I'd agree with the earlier answers of about 20% in both parties, but there is a marked difference.

The majority of the 20% of Reps who are racist are in the rank and file, just ordinary citizens...The 20% of Dems who are racist are almost exclusively in political leadership roles.

Lzen
02-28-2011, 02:47 PM
I agree, If he feels white men a under represented he can start a non-profit and raise the money I say go for it. I just think he has his eyes closed if he thinks white men dont have it good. Most companies have whte male CEO's, white men have the lowest unemployment of all demographics and there are more white males attending college than males of other races in this country. I know that there are a certain percentage of whites males that suffer becasue of the extreme success of white males over all, but it doesn't come close to the percentage of other races that are suffering just becasue they are not white male.

First, I don't know any white males who are in good positions who didn't work their asses off to get where they are today. And FTR, I don't know any white male CEOs. I mean, what a ridiculous argument. That percentage of the population must be infinitesimally insignificant.

Also, I wonder where you get these stats. I would be curious as to why things are this way if they are accurate. I mean, I seriously doubt that any of these things are the way they are purely because of race (which seems to be what you're suggesting).

And from my own personal experience, I had the same opportunities to succeed as other races in my classes in school and in my section of society overall. I had no other advantages over other races. I would say that I have done okay for myself. I make a living, but I'm not well off by any means. So I don't know where all these extreme successes of white males are, but they aren't people I know.

Hydrae
02-28-2011, 02:49 PM

Maybe trawling? :)

tooge
02-28-2011, 02:50 PM
He's already answered that, mind you.

No, he didn't. He agreed that you dont have to disclose it, and he blabbered on about a few other things. Side stepping a direct question and answering either only half of it, or another questin entirely is a lame brains way of debate.

mikey23545
02-28-2011, 02:51 PM
That's fine, you are just and idiot. Anyone who thinks white people are the most oppressed group in this country has to be a complete ****ing moron.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2337/computers640x512.jpg (http://img197.imageshack.us/i/computers640x512.jpg/)

Donger
02-28-2011, 02:53 PM
No, he didn't. He agreed that you dont have to disclose it, and he blabbered on about a few other things. Side stepping a direct question and answering either only half of it, or another questin entirely is a lame brains way of debate.

Tacitly, he did: "I just think with the racial history of this country that a young man who would accept it would be a pussy in my eyes."

beach tribe
02-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Tacitly, he did: "I just think with the racial history of this country that a young man who would accept it would be a pussy in my eyes."

Jews don't seem to have any problem driving Benz's, and I don't have any problem driving a Honda after Japan bombed Pearl Harbor.
WW2 is over, and slavery ended 200 years ago. It's time to fucking GET OVER IT.

Donger
02-28-2011, 03:04 PM
Jews don't seem to have any problem driving Benz's, and I don't have any problem driving a Honda after Japan bombed Pearl Harbor.
WW2 is over, and slavery ended 200 years ago. It's time to ****ing GET OVER IT.

I thought the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

Valiant
02-28-2011, 03:16 PM
This site just had a Douche Of The Year contest. I'm surprised there's not a stickied thread for all the truly idiotic posts made every year that ends up with a final contest from among the very worst of them. Wickedson's post would be an early favorite for the title, IMO.

I think you just created a new thread with year end contest.
Only those quoted are eligible.

Maybe I can finally win something.

go bowe
02-28-2011, 03:38 PM
I thought the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.see? there you go again...

just stirring up shit... :p :p :p

tooge
02-28-2011, 03:44 PM

nah, still sidestepping. Now, if he were to qualify that and say that even a (insert race other than black, here) would be a pussy for excepting it, then I would take that as an answer

crazycoffey
02-28-2011, 03:46 PM

toMAtoe
TOmahTOE

Oh Snap
02-28-2011, 04:09 PM
this is as retarded as all black universities..

Demonpenz
02-28-2011, 04:50 PM
I am Part black. Part African American, and I feel for white people these days. All you ever see on Night at the Apollo is us making fun of white people playing their bills on time, keeping stock wheels on their car, putting money into 401 K. Sometimes I think we have it backwards, I told my friend the other day, "DAMN! Instead of that wack house, you could have bought a V-8 2006 Lincoln that leaks oil all over the place"

Sannyasi
02-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Who the hell said that?

I said that anyone dumb enough to think that is a fucking moron. Trust me, if you spend enough time in Texas, you will meet these assholes. It is amazing to me the sense of entitlement in this country that even white males are able to turn themselves into victims in their own minds. If you don't make it into college, it isn't because some black guy stole your spot. Sorry. If this is something you really want, then spend a year in community college and transfer. There is all the opportunity in the world available to you.

Of course, once you have started the precedent of awarding scholarships based on race rather than merit, you can't say no to a group wanting to give scholarships exclusively to whites. That really would be racism. If awarding scholarships based on race is okay, then it must be okay for all races.

Just Passin' By
02-28-2011, 05:18 PM
I said that anyone dumb enough to think that is a ****ing moron. Trust me, if you spend enough time in Texas, you will meet these assholes. It is amazing to me the sense of entitlement in this country that even white males are able to turn themselves into victims in their own minds. If you don't make it into college, it isn't because some black guy stole your spot. Sorry. If this is something you really want, then spend a year in community college and transfer. There is all the opportunity in the world available to you.

Of course, once you have started the precedent of awarding scholarships based on race rather than merit, you can't say no to a group wanting to give scholarships exclusively to whites. That really would be racism. If awarding scholarships based on race is okay, then it must be okay for all races.

So, you've never heard of Court cases like Regents of the University of California v. Bakke, then?

Sannyasi
02-28-2011, 05:23 PM
So, you've never heard of Court cases like Regents of the University of California v. Bakke, then?

Can't say that I had. But from a quick google search my understanding is that the court ruled in Bakke's favor, which would seem to back up my argument, no? I'm more than willing to be educated on the subject.

listopencil
02-28-2011, 07:20 PM
How does "reverse racism" differ from "racism?"

It doesn't.

Just Passin' By
02-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Can't say that I had. But from a quick google search my understanding is that the court ruled in Bakke's favor, which would seem to back up my argument, no? I'm more than willing to be educated on the subject.

Notice the year of Bakke, and realize that what was happening before that ruling was precisely what you were claiming isn't done. If you really want to learn a bit on the subject, you could follow that up with a little bit on what's happened in California since, both before and after the passage of prop 209.

http://topics.nytimes.com/topics/reference/timestopics/subjects/a/affirmative_action/index.html

You could also look at the two cases talked about in this CNN piece, for some information which could help you see how schools still achieve (or at least try to achieve) workarounds:

http://articles.cnn.com/2003-06-23/justice/scotus.affirmative.action_1_michigan-cases-affirmative-action-racial-preference-programs/2?_s=PM:LAW

vailpass
02-28-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm aware of several substantial scholarship/grant funds that follow this criteria except they look for considerably more than 25%.
Only difference is they don't advertise those requirements.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-28-2011, 08:52 PM
You sure as shit aren't going get anything handed to you.

Which honestly is A OK by me. But I don't want to hear people complaining about someone who does when they themselves do too. It's hypocritical. Now, this statement isn't geared toward KCNative, just to people in general. "I have an advantage because I'm a minority. You don't deserve shit. I don't care if you're poor as fuck, your ancestors ruled this land for centuries. It's our turn" That's what I'm hearing. And it's retarded. Fuck skin color. You're either privileged, or unprivileged. You can break down demographics to show one ethnicity is more than the other, but that's no fucking excuse to leave people behind. Otherwise you're just perpetuating the very thing you claim to want to stop.

KC native
02-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Which honestly is A OK by me. But I don't want to hear people complaining about someone who does when they themselves do too. It's hypocritical. Now, this statement isn't geared toward KCNative, just to people in general. "I have an advantage because I'm a minority. You don't deserve shit. I don't care if you're poor as fuck, your ancestors ruled this land for centuries. It's our turn" That's what I'm hearing. And it's retarded. Fuck skin color. You're either privileged, or unprivileged. You can break down demographics to show one ethnicity is more than the other, but that's no fucking excuse to leave people behind. Otherwise you're just perpetuating the very thing you claim to want to stop.

I've always claimed the more important issue is poverty instead of race. That being said, the "fuck you, you guys have been in control for xxx years" is not the argument for affirmative action.

If you are disadvantaged at birth, which minorities disproportionately are, then there should be programs to reverse those trends.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-28-2011, 09:00 PM
I've always claimed the more important issue is poverty instead of race. That being said, the "fuck you, you guys have been in control for xxx years" is not the argument for affirmative action.

If you are disadvantaged at birth, which minorities disproportionately are, then there should be programs to reverse those trends.

And we've always agreed on poverty. But to think that poor white people should be left behind because so many other white people are successful is unreasonable and unfair to those poor white people. It's not like the rich white people are paying their bills.

kcchiefsus
02-28-2011, 09:01 PM

I called them two-bit

two-bit (tbt)
adj.

Your mom is a two-bit hooker.

Lzen
02-28-2011, 09:02 PM

How, exactly, are minorities disadvantaged at birth? What, specifically, do white people have that minorities don't? Do tell us.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-28-2011, 09:03 PM
Let's put it this way. I'd rather see a poor white kid get a scholarship over a rich black kid. And vice versa. All I care about is financial status.

kcchiefsus
02-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Would you accept it?

So should a black man not take money from a black only scholarship?

Should a woman take not money from a female only scholarship?

Lzen
02-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Let's put it this way. I'd rather see a poor white kid get a scholarship over a rich black kid. And vice versa. All I care about is financial status.

I have no problem with that.

Lzen
02-28-2011, 09:05 PM
So should a black man not take money from a black only scholarship?

Should a woman take not money from a female only scholarship?

I'm waiting on pins and needles for his answer. :rolleyes:

KC native
02-28-2011, 09:11 PM
How, exactly, are minorities disadvantaged at birth? What, specifically, do white people have that minorities don't? Do tell us.

Is this a serious question? If you can't see there are systemic problems when it comes to minorities then I'm not going to waste my time.

Gonzo
02-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Do they have scholarships for half cantonese, half pacific islanders? If so, where do I cash in? I wonder if it's called the Mohalo-Nguyen Scholarship fund?
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
02-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Is this a serious question? If you can't see there are systemic problems when it comes to minorities then I'm not going to waste my time.

You can't even answer a simple question?

KC native
02-28-2011, 09:17 PM
You can't even answer a simple question?

Except it's not a simple question and I'm not writing a dissertation on Chiefs Planet.

But just to send you down the right path, how about you look at dropout rates, or literacy rates, or perhaps intergenerational poverty?

Lzen
02-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Except it's not a simple question and I'm not writing a dissertation on Chiefs Planet.

But just to send you down the right path, how about you look at dropout rates, or literacy rates, or perhaps intergenerational poverty?

Those sound like cultural issues, not systematic issues.

KC native
02-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Those sound like cultural issues, not systematic issues.

When the system fails a good portion of the country it's fair to say they are systemic issues.

Lzen
02-28-2011, 09:25 PM
When the system fails a good portion of the country it's fair to say they are systemic issues.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you're a Democrat. Am I right?

KC native
02-28-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you're a Democrat. Am I right?

You would be wrong.

Saul Good
02-28-2011, 09:47 PM

You're right. I'd never believe you were only half.

KC native
02-28-2011, 09:53 PM
You're right. I'd never believe you were only half.

Wow, do white people not get large tattoos in your universe?

Oh, and my back piece looks a lot better now that it's finished.

el borracho
02-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Ah, the offseason. Looks like we've got our annual thread about racism. I guess religion will be next.

el borracho
02-28-2011, 09:59 PM
By the way, assistance programs only count for so much. Real change has to come from each person and expand outward within the communities. When enough people live the changes they want to see, then those changes will be reality.

2bikemike
02-28-2011, 10:06 PM

This is something that I question as well. I grew up in a poor household by a single mother. I lived in the same depressed neighborhoods went to the same schools. Rode the school bus as one of the only 2 white guys on the bus. The other was a friend who my mother graciously took in to get away from an abusive step dad.

I did not have an advantage over anybody. I did have a loving mother who tried like hell to keep a roof over our head and food on the table. But it was my determination to not remain in poverty that led me away from the life I grew up with. That same determination is what can lead anybody to improve their lot in life. To think otherwise is to buy into the bullshit that is peddled so freely by the liberal elite to keep the downtrodden beholden to them.

Bambi
02-28-2011, 11:58 PM
I'm waiting on pins and needles for his answer. :rolleyes:

Why do you care?

You're into a scholarship for white males only, I think it's freaking stupid.

Haven't we settled on that? Or are you going to jump in the pile of sludge with the guy who just called my mother a hooker?

Please, tell me what I ever said that would warrant such a comment.

That I would be interested in hearing your answer on.

T-post Tom
03-01-2011, 12:06 AM

Electric Wizards are the most oppressed group in this country, as well as England. And rightly so.

LiveSteam
03-01-2011, 12:27 AM
Texas football has been oppressing Nebraska football for over a decade.

Donger
03-01-2011, 08:06 AM

Since it seems that white people are now a minority group in Texas, I take it the above applies to the white minority, too?

Los Pollos Hermanos
03-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Texas football has been oppressing Nebraska football for over a decade.

Maybe if they would have called themselves Whiteshirts instead of Blackshirts this wouldn't have happened. :)

KC native
03-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Since it seems that white people are now a minority group in Texas, I take it the above applies to the white minority, too?

They are not a minority when compared to an individual minority group. They're only a minority when you add everyone else up against them.

If whites were failing to be represented in post secondary education like other minority groups, then you might have a point.

As your activity in this thread continues, i 'm curious as to why you consider these type of scholarships racist but posters who use racial slurs aren't racist.

Lzen
03-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Why do you care?

You're into a scholarship for white males only, I think it's freaking stupid.

Haven't we settled on that? Or are you going to jump in the pile of sludge with the guy who just called my mother a hooker?

Please, tell me what I ever said that would warrant such a comment.

That I would be interested in hearing your answer on.

Please don't lump me in with some idiot who would call your mother a hooker. When have I ever said anything like that to anyone on here?

And to answer your question. Nothing you said warrants that kind of comment. I don't approve of it, but there's nothing I can do about it.

Donger
03-01-2011, 08:48 AM
They are not a minority when compared to an individual minority group. They're only a minority when you add everyone else up against them.

If whites were failing to be represented in post secondary education like other minority groups, then you might have a point.

As your activity in this thread continues, i 'm curious as to why you consider these type of scholarships racist but posters who use racial slurs aren't racist.

Huh? http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4795476

So, if you added up all the other groups together and they combined were larger than Hispanics (say Alaska), would you not consider the Hispanics a minority group?

Could you provide some examples of these "racial slurs" you are referring to, please?

Los Pollos Hermanos
03-01-2011, 09:24 AM
If they would have had all white scholarships in the 80s, C Thomas wouldn't have had to steal Rae Dawn Chong's scholarship.

http://www.blogcdn.com/blog.moviefone.com/media/2010/02/c-thomas-howell-soul-man.jpg

KC native
03-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Huh? http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4795476

So, if you added up all the other groups together and they combined were larger than Hispanics (say Alaska), would you not consider the Hispanics a minority group?

Could you provide some examples of these "racial slurs" you are referring to, please?

Whites still make up 45% of the state's population. Hispanics, which are the largest minority group, are 38%.

I'm not wasting my time going back through threads. I'm jut pointing out the glaring hypocrisy inherent in your position.

Donger
03-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Whites still make up 45% of the state's population. Hispanics, which are the largest minority group, are 38%.

I'm not wasting my time going back through threads. I'm jut pointing out the glaring hypocrisy inherent in your position.

You didn't answer my question.

I'm not aware of any hypocrisy. If you are referring to making fun of Mexicans, I've pointed out to you many times that that isn't racist.

blaise
03-01-2011, 10:02 AM
I think, like Flopnuts said, these things should be more income based than race. When my wife graduated law school she took a bar review class, and she had to pay for the class and the study materials (audio and books, etc.) It was a few hundred dollars, I think.
There were some African American girls in the class and they told my wife they got the class for free and also all the study materials, because they were black. I don't know the specifics of what paperwork they had to fill out, but from what they told my wife it was free for African American students. I don't hold it against them, I would take it too if I were them. But I thought it was strange. How did the people giving the money know the students weren't suburban middle class kids with a lawyer for a mother or father? My wife paid for all of her law school by herself, with no help from her parents. Why was there some assumption she was having an easier time of it? It seems flawed to say, "Let's do it by race."
If someone wants to set it up that way, or take the money, that's their choice. I just don't know if it's the best way.

KC native
03-01-2011, 10:14 AM
You didn't answer my question.

I'm not aware of any hypocrisy. If you are referring to making fun of Mexicans, I've pointed out to you many times that that isn't racist.

I'm not playing donger's game of sophistry today.

You know those weren't jokes and aside from your pedantry wrt Hispanic/Latino/Mexican, your hypocrisy is quite clear.

Donger
03-01-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm not playing donger's game of sophistry today.

You know those weren't jokes and aside from your pedantry wrt Hispanic/Latino/Mexican, your hypocrisy is quite clear.

It's a simple question:

If you added up all the other groups together and they combined were larger than Hispanics (say Alaska), would you not consider the Hispanics a minority group?

They looked like jokes to me (leaf blower, etc.) specifically targeted at Mexicans. And, they are no more "racist" than someone making a joke about English peoples' teeth being bad.

blaise
03-01-2011, 10:39 AM
It's a simple question:

If you added up all the other groups together and they combined were larger than Hispanics (say Alaska), would you not consider the Hispanics a minority group?

They looked like jokes to me (leaf blower, etc.) specifically targeted at Mexicans. And, they are no more "racist" than someone making a joke about English peoples' teeth being bad.

I'm listening to a BBC History magazine podcast right now, and I was just thinking, "This guy sounds like he has British teeth pointing all over the place."

Reaper16
03-01-2011, 11:48 AM
LMAO
Here's some remedial reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_privilege

Reaper16
03-01-2011, 11:50 AM
It's a simple question:

Thinking that the brown-skinned illegal labor force in the U.S. is comprised solely of Mexicans is not the most well-informed position I've read today.

Donger
03-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Thinking that the brown-skinned illegal labor force in the U.S. is comprised solely of Mexicans is not the most well-informed position I've read today.

Where did you read that position?

Reaper16
03-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Where did you read that position?
When you insisted that certain jokes weren't racist because they only targeted Mexicans. Those jokes, in fact, refer to persons from multiple Hispanic nations.

Donger
03-01-2011, 12:00 PM
When you insisted that certain jokes weren't racist because they only targeted Mexicans. Those jokes, in fact, refer to persons from multiple Hispanic nations.

I don't believe you are familiar with the jokes in question. They are specifically targeted toward Mexicans.

Anyway, Hispanic is not a race.

FishingRod
03-01-2011, 12:26 PM
It is a stupid criteria to choose for a Scholarship but, not to any greater degree than one based on any other color. But if someone wants to grant a scholarship money to only kids that have one blue and one brown eye who really gives a damn. It’s their money, flush it down the crapper if that makes you happy. It isn’t anyone’s business but theirs.