PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security Babs Boxer. (R)'s hate Elmo

HonestChieffan
03-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Before this gets out of hand, I am a Republican and I like Elmo. Elmo is smarter than Babs Boxer.

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/MeanStreetElmo1.jpg

Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) said Tuesday that House Republicans want to strip government funding of PBS because they have a “vendetta against Elmo.”

Boxer made the comments during a floor speech where she made the case for her bill that would ensure that the president and lawmakers are not paid if a government shutdown occurs.

Boxer said that the cost of four hours of the Iraq war would be enough to keep PBS funded — and the popular fire-red children’s character on the air.

Boxer believes that the GOP has more than just a vendetta against Elmo. She added that Republicans hold a “vendetta against healthcare” and a “vendetta against clean energy.”

House Republicans last month passed a bill that would strip government funding for both National Public Radio and PBS.

blaise
03-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Get out your checkbook, Babs.

mnchiefsguy
03-01-2011, 01:28 PM
What Boxer needs to realize is that Elmo, and his producers of Sesame Street, make billions and billions of dollars every year in their products. Maybe Elmo should be paying for a bit more of PBS than the taxpayer.

For the record, I am more of a Big Bird fan myself. Sesame Street is not going anywhere. If PBS were to magically disappear tomorrow, Sesame Street would easily show up on another network.

Brock
03-01-2011, 01:31 PM
IMO, PBS is worth funding, whether SS is on it or not.

Saul Good
03-01-2011, 01:33 PM
As a Republican, I hate health care. I hate clean energy. I hate cute childrens' characters.

chiefsnorth
03-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Any idiot knows Sesame Street is a valuable product. That's why if PBS went away it would be on another station everywhere, the following day.

Saul Good
03-01-2011, 01:34 PM

I welcome you to write the biggest check you can afford.

Amnorix
03-01-2011, 01:35 PM
As a Republican, I hate health care. I hate clean energy. I hate cute childrens' characters.

I KNEW it!!!!

Brock
03-01-2011, 01:38 PM
I welcome you to write the biggest check you can afford.

I do. And I also send communications to my representatives in support of it.

Amnorix
03-01-2011, 01:39 PM

I would agree except for one minor issue.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Saul Good
03-01-2011, 01:47 PM
I do. And I also send communications to my representatives in support of it.

As the husband of a science teacher and the father of a 4 year old, I support public television. I see no reason that it should be funded with tax money, though. How do you justify it?

Brock
03-01-2011, 01:47 PM

Take it out of the EPA's budget.

chiefsnorth
03-01-2011, 01:49 PM
As the husband of a science teacher and the father of a 4 year old, I support public television. I see no reason that it should be funded with tax money, though. How do you justify it?

Why do you hate children learning? Why do you hate education?

Amnorix
03-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Take it out of the EPA's budget.

Elmo or clean water -- I'll take the clean water, thanks.

Elmo will survive with or without public funding, to be honest.

blaise
03-01-2011, 01:52 PM
If they get funding they'll send a nice Fawlty Towers tote bag to DC.

Brock
03-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Elmo or clean water -- I'll take the clean water, thanks.

Pffft. You think you're getting clean water because of the EPA? LMAO

WV
03-01-2011, 01:55 PM
PBS is great...how about they just fire a couple of Senators or Congress people and use their salary to fund PBS.

Jaric
03-01-2011, 02:06 PM

PBS is not what's going to bankrupt us. Unless cookie monster makes the switch from chocolate chip to blow of course.