PDA

View Full Version : General Politics More Hypocrisy from the Right?

dirk digler
03-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Could it be...?

We all know about the Craiglist Congressman who resigned after posting pics of himself.

But who would have thought he was looking for transvestites.

Looks like one of history’s quickest political scandals might not be over so fast after all: Gawker reported Friday that the “Craigslist congressman,” former New York Rep. Chris Lee, had trolled the personal ads in the past for cross dressers. Lee resigned (http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheat-sheet/item/craigslist-congressman-resigns/scandal) this month hours after Gawker published shirtless photos Lee sent a woman he met via Craigslist. But it looks like that isn’t the whole story: Two D.C.-area transgendered women have come forward to Gawker and each had a separate story about emailing photos with the ex-congressman. One woman, Fiona, said she confronted him about his true identity on Jan. 21—the day Lee claimed his email was hacked. The other, Holly, is a prostitute who eventually decided to send Gawker the emails she exchanged with Lee, writing “I kinda feel sorry for him at the moment.”

Then we have an anti-gay conservative preacher who was just arrested for masturbating in the park while looking at kids

The conservative pastor known for his condemnation of the Southern Decadence Festival was tearful and apologetic Tuesday in discussing his recent arrest.

The Rev. Grant Storms called himself a "hypocrite" because of his Friday arrest on accusations of masturbating in a public park. Jefferson Parish Sheriff's deputies charged him with obscenity after two women claimed they saw him touching himself while watching children on the playground at Lafreniere Park.

BucEyedPea
03-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Hmmmm....meanwhile the Obama's live high on the hog like Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette. :harumph:

healthpellets
03-01-2011, 02:26 PM
well imagine that. those who scream the loudest scream the loudest for a reason.

suzzer99
03-01-2011, 03:19 PM
At least when democrats get busted it's usually with a consenting-age woman. Republicans already have to live such a surreal hypocritical lie getting lower-middle class bible thumpers and bigots to continue to vote against their own self-interests, it doesn't surprise me when they go completely over the bend and turn out to be complete leches.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with people who vote republican primarily for fiscal conservatism. I just think they're dead wrong about what they're getting . This current batch of republicans is nothing but complete Big Lie BS when it comes to that. The 2000-2006 congress was a drunken orgy of spending while spouting fiscal restraint in name only. When the national review comes out and trashes the whole congress as a group, you know something is deeply fundamentally wrong.

chiefsnorth
03-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Damn "the right"

dirk digler
03-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Damn "the right"

Your damn right

Saul Good
03-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Are conservatives defending his behavior, thus showing hypocrisy?

dirk digler
03-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Are conservatives defending his behavior, thus showing hypocrisy?

I wasn't asking that question.

The question is are these two more examples of hypocrisy from the right?

BucEyedPea
03-01-2011, 04:06 PM
At least when democrats get busted it's usually with a consenting-age woman.

1983, Massachusetts Democratic Rep. Gerry Studds was censured by the House for inappropriate sexual contact with a 17-year old male page.

GOP'ers have to hide this stuff because of their constituencies. Democrats don't. Besides the Democrats constituencies being more liberal, they usually say they've done nothing wrong. To the GOP base it is wrongdoing though.

HonestChieffan
03-01-2011, 04:20 PM
I think its clear all hypocrites are republican. However, lets remember not all republicans are hypocrites.

With this stipulated, we could perhaps deal with issues like budget, corruption, war, famine, and maybe others.

BucEyedPea
03-01-2011, 04:25 PM
I think its clear all hypocrites are republican. However, lets remember not all republicans are hypocrites.

With this stipulated, we could perhaps deal with issues like budget, corruption, war, famine, and maybe others.

Well, it's hard to be a hypocrite when you have no morals to start with.

patteeu
03-01-2011, 04:25 PM
http://www.legaljuice.com/yawn%20big%20funny.jpg

suzzer99
03-01-2011, 04:38 PM
1983, Massachusetts Democratic Rep. Gerry Studds was censured by the House for inappropriate sexual contact with a 17-year old male page.

GOP'ers have to hide this stuff because of their constituencies. Democrats don't. Besides the Democrats constituencies being more liberal, they usually say they've done nothing wrong. To the GOP base it is wrongdoing though.

The fact that you had to go back to 1983, and I can rattle off 10 gay or transsexual hunting republican congressman off the top of my head, pretty much proves my point.

mlyonsd
03-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Could it be...?

We all know about the Craiglist Congressman who resigned after posting pics of himself.

But who would have thought he was looking for transvestites.

Did Lee publicly have a negative stance towards transvestites? If not I fail to see the hypocrisy.

Chief Henry
03-01-2011, 04:56 PM
I wonder if Bill Clinton went to his hotel room and masturbated after he raped Juanita Broadderick ?

Do you suppose Ted Kennedy was sober enough to masturbate after he left mary Jo Kopeckni in the river to drown ?

Nah, I won't even go there.

dirk digler
03-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Did Lee publicly have a negative stance towards transvestites? If not I fail to see the hypocrisy.

He was a social conservative, family value candidate and supported DADT.

Brock
03-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Well, if you want to run as a republican, you have to at least pretend to be on the god squad. It's really not any more hypocritical than being a democrat and having to pretend like you care about poor people.

dirk digler
03-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Well, if you want to run as a republican, you have to at least pretend to be on the god squad. It's really not any more hypocritical than being a democrat and having to pretend like you care about poor people.

Which brings up a broader point in why do closet gay republicans\conservatives run against who they really are?

Brock
03-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Which brings up a broader point in why do closet gay republicans\conservatives run against who they really are?

Duh. To get elected.

patteeu
03-01-2011, 05:27 PM

So in other words, he wasn't a hypocrite.

dirk digler
03-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Duh. To get elected.

Why not just run as a Democrat?

patteeu
03-01-2011, 05:31 PM

They aren't running against who they are. Gays are hurt by democrat policies just like the rest of us. In fact, given your prejudice about who gays "really are", you should be asking yourself, "What is so off-putting about the democrats that so many gays line up against them despite all the efforts to pander?"

dirk digler
03-01-2011, 06:17 PM
They aren't running against who they are. Gays are hurt by democrat policies just like the rest of us. In fact, given your prejudice about who gays "really are", you should be asking yourself, "What is so off-putting about the democrats that so many gays line up against them despite all the efforts to pander?"

Sure they are. Do you believe that a group of open gay Republicans would vote for in favor of DADT or DOMA and against gay marriage in states?

Brock
03-01-2011, 06:18 PM

Because maybe they can't win as a democrat. Maybe their backers are all republicans. Maybe they agree with more of the republican platform than the democrat. They're just courting a necessary part of the electorate in order to win.

dirk digler
03-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Because maybe they can't win as a democrat. Maybe their backers are all republicans. Maybe they agree with more of the republican platform than the democrat. They're just courting a necessary part of the electorate in order to win.

No doubt and there is a lot of open gay Republicans. I guess the issue is the ones that are trying to live a double life and openly voting against gay issues.

Saul Good
03-01-2011, 06:24 PM

Because those spots are taken by murderers, tax cheats, klansmen, and money launderers.

mlyonsd
03-01-2011, 06:30 PM

I'm not sure you know what 'hyprocrite' means.

BucEyedPea
03-01-2011, 06:42 PM
The fact that you had to go back to 1983, and I can rattle off 10 gay or transsexual hunting republican congressman off the top of my head, pretty much proves my point.

heh! Just sayin'.

patteeu
03-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Sure they are. Do you believe that a group of open gay Republicans would vote for in favor of DADT or DOMA and against gay marriage in states?

Most probably would, some wouldn't. What does that have to do with it? Each individual gay person has his/her own opinion on these and other issues.

patteeu
03-01-2011, 06:57 PM
No doubt and there is a lot of open gay Republicans. I guess the issue is the ones that are trying to live a double life and openly voting against gay issues.

Why must gays vote one particular way on gay marriage and DADT?

mlyonsd
03-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Why must gays vote one particular way on gay marriage and DADT?

It's like if you're gay you might not recognize the benefits of DADT. If you're gay and are against open gays serving in the military you are wrong, a disfunctional gay, or stupid.

Your voice is gone just because you're gay.

patteeu
03-01-2011, 07:58 PM
It's like if you're gay you might not recognize the benefits of DADT. If you're gay and are against open gays serving in the military you are wrong, a disfunctional gay, or stupid.

Yeah. I wonder if, in dirk's world, everyone who owns stocks has to be opposed to increases in the capital gains tax rate or if everyone who contributes to the SS system has to be opposed to any proposal to reduce benefits or increase SS taxes. :shrug:

Mr. Kotter
03-01-2011, 09:21 PM

Well, that would be like being a teacher, I guess.

Just because you choose to teach, sit the fugg down and s.t.f.u.! seems to be what Walker and his supporters are sayin'....

Just sayin'.... :hmmm:

googlegoogle
03-01-2011, 10:24 PM
I wonder if Bill Clinton went to his hotel room and masturbated after he raped Juanita Broadderick ?

Do you suppose Ted Kennedy was sober enough to masturbate after he left mary Jo Kopeckni in the river to drown ?

Nah, I won't even go there.

http://webspace.webring.com/people/mi/incindiary2/juanita.jpg

ClevelandBronco
03-01-2011, 10:39 PM
...getting lower-middle class...to vote against their own self-interests...

We have an imbecile here named penchief that you really must meet. He tries to use this same tired bullshit line, too.

dirk digler
03-01-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm not sure you know what 'hyprocrite' means.

You don't think a family values politician that ends up cheating on his wife or trying to cheat and ruining their family is not a hypocrite?

patteeu
03-02-2011, 05:20 AM

Just because you choose to teach, sit the fugg down and s.t.f.u.! seems to be what Walker and his supporters are sayin'....

What?

InChiefsHell
03-02-2011, 06:26 AM
Hypocrite = Someone who says one thing, advocates one thing, but in their personal life does the exact opposite. DC is FULL of them, both sides of the isle. The right certainly does not have that market cornered any more than does the left. They all do it to pander to what ever base they are trying to appeal to. It isn't right, but it certainly isn't new...

patteeu
03-02-2011, 07:21 AM
You don't think a family values politician that ends up cheating on his wife or trying to cheat and ruining their family is not a hypocrite?

Are you suggesting that democrats are so anti-family values that they condone cheating on spouses? If not, what does being a Republican or being a family-values politician have to do with it?

mlyonsd
03-02-2011, 07:40 AM

FYI, you get a free egg roll with every order at Hunan Palace.

mlyonsd
03-02-2011, 07:59 AM

So if Lee was a democrat would he still be acting hypocritical?

fan4ever
03-02-2011, 11:58 AM

So are dems seldomly hypocrites because they hold very few family values as important?

dirk digler
03-02-2011, 12:05 PM
So if Lee was a democrat would he still be acting hypocritical?

Sure if they ran on it. Take for example the preacher. He protested gays then got caught masturbating watching children in a playground. One doesn't have anything to do with the other unless he was masturbating watching little boys.

But he think he is a hypocrite. Is he wrong to believe that?

Or maybe he is right because he believes gays are sinful and then he just committed a sinful act.

googlegoogle
03-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Kotter is having fits with the clinton stuff.

His hero under attack! lol.

<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody id="collapseobj_usercp_reputation"><tr><td class="alt2">http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</td> <td class="alt1Active" id="p7461594571" width="50%"> More Hypocrisy from the... (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7461594#post7461594) </td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">03-01-2011 11:31 PM</td> <td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> Mr. Kotter (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=571) </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">Wow...a douche, propping a douche. Way too go! Not.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Chief Henry
03-03-2011, 04:48 AM
Kotter is having fits with the clinton stuff.

His hero under attack! lol.

<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody id="collapseobj_usercp_reputation"><tr><td class="alt2">http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</td> <td class="alt1Active" id="p7461594571" width="50%"> More Hypocrisy from the... (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7461594#post7461594) </td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">03-01-2011 11:31 PM</td> <td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap"> Mr. Kotter (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=571) </td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">Wow...a douche, propping a douche. Way too go! Not.</td></tr></tbody></table>

He neg rep me too...called me a douche as well, then babbled about how the reps do the same.....say what. I don't recall any rep driving off a bridge and allowing a female office assistant to drown like ted Kennedy. I don't recall any rep raping another lady and then biting her lower lip and forcing her to STFU about it like Clinton. I do know that politicians do gawd awful stupid shit, both parties. But I don't recall any rep driving off a bridge and letting a lady drown. That POS kept his Senate position. That tells you a few things about the Democrats in the state of Mass.