PDA

View Full Version : Football Daniel Graham cut by Broncos

Just Passin' By
03-02-2011, 02:44 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/02/the-daniel-graham-era-ends-in-denver/

Chiefs need a TE, and Graham's a monster blocker who Pioli knows well. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Chocolate Hog
03-02-2011, 02:46 PM
No.

-King-
03-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Chiefs need a TE? Since when?

We have a great pass catcher who is a very good blocker in Moeaki...and we have a blocking only TE that is pretty damn good at it in Pope

Rams Fan
03-02-2011, 02:47 PM
The Chiefs need a FB, not a TE.

Just Passin' By
03-02-2011, 02:48 PM

We have a great pass catcher who is a very good blocker in Moeaki...and we have a blocking only TE that is pretty damn good at it in Pope

You seem to have a higher opinion of Pope than I do.

-King-
03-02-2011, 02:54 PM
You seem to have a higher opinion of Pope than I do.

He's better than Graham.

Thig Lyfe
03-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Why would we sign Daniel Graham when we have Jon Asamoah?

Rain Man
03-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Has Graham ever done anything in the league? If he was a Chief he'd be no better than third string, and maybe lower than that.

mcaj22
03-02-2011, 03:21 PM
i dont think i can handle another season were 12 rosters spots are taken up by 43 Tight Ends and 73 Full Backs on the team

Sofa King
03-02-2011, 03:22 PM
no way.

wtf?

Von Dumbass
03-02-2011, 04:56 PM
He's better than Graham.

LMAO

Daniel Graham is the best blocking TE in the NFL.

Von Dumbass
03-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Shanahan gave him a pretty big contract. He is a good player but he has been heavily overpaid.

Just Passin' By
03-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Has Graham ever done anything in the league? If he was a Chief he'd be no better than third string, and maybe lower than that.

He's arguably the best blocking tight end in the league, and he'd be part of the 1-2 tandem with Moeaki. I brought it up more as a point of interest, since I have no idea whether or not Pioli would consider him enough of an upgrade over Pope to make the move.

DaFace
03-02-2011, 05:04 PM
LMAO

Dude, just stop. If that were the case, one would think you'd be screaming outrage at the Broncos dumping him.

ClevelandBronco
03-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Dude, just stop. If that were the case, one would think you'd be screaming outrage at the Broncos dumping him.

We might if the Broncos had a reason to block.

Von Dumbass
03-02-2011, 05:12 PM

He is 33 and is a complete non factor in the passing game who was due 5.2 million this year. I understand why he was let go. That doesn't mean he isn't a great blocker or a great locker room guy.

Shaid
03-02-2011, 05:13 PM
LMAO

Obviously. That's why the Broncos were #1 in their running game. Oh wait..........

Just Passin' By
03-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Obviously. That's why the Broncos were #1 in their running game. Oh wait..........

They started multiple rookies on the line and were devastated by injuries both to the line and to the RB corps.

Mr. Laz
03-02-2011, 05:35 PM
would rather have Zach Miller

btw if we are going to 3 yrds and a cloud of dust per rumor than signing another tightend might not be a bad idea. Double tightends so we can run the ball a lot but still have several pass receivers on the field.

Chief Chief
03-02-2011, 05:49 PM
We have Shaun Smith who lives and dies by the motto, "A ball in the hand is worth two in the bush."

Easy 6
03-06-2011, 09:30 AM

this & that

Gonzo
03-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Pope is like an 80 on Madden 11. I've thrown to him on a 5-7 yard out several times and he never drops the ball. We don't need Graham./Hootie
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
03-06-2011, 09:49 AM
LMAO

:facepalm:

Hitting the glue again?

http://www.askthejudge.info/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/gluesniffing.jpg

Easy 6
03-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Pope is like an 80 on Madden 11. I've thrown to him on a 5-7 yard out several times and he never drops the ball. We don't need Graham./Hootie
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

Wilson8
03-06-2011, 12:11 PM
The Chiefs need to add another TE to their team.

Leonard Pope and Brad Cottam are free agents and might not be back. Jake O’Connell, if given enough time might develop in to a good backup TE. Rookie Cody Slate was a productive receiving TE at Marshall but he is undersized at 229 lbs. Cody needs to add some weight and strength to become an affective TE for the Chiefs. Tony Moleaki can be a great TE for the Chiefs but…

Five years with Iowa and this year for the Chiefs, Tony has never played a complete season without injury. You can call it bad luck, hard play or whatever you want, but the Chiefs need a TE that can come in and play if Moeaki goes out with an injury.

Since O’Connell has 2 years and Moeaki and Slate are both rookies, it makes sense for Kansas City to take a look at the free agent market to give them a TE with experience to help teach the younger TEs.

The Chiefs might consider bringing back Leonard Pope but we’ve seen him play enough to know you would not want him to become your starter if Moeaki goes out for a few games.

Daniel Graham might be a possibility and footballoutsiders.com ranks him as the 45th best receiving TE in the NFL last year.

I think a better option for the Chiefs would be Bo Scaife from Texas and then the Tennessee Titans. He’s 30 years old, 6’3”, 250 lbs. He’s been productive with Tennessee catching 65% of all passes thrown to him in the last 4 years. He has enough experience that he could help the younger TEs but yet at this point of his career he shouldn’t demand a lot of money or being the starter. Footballoutsiders.com has ranked Bo Scaife starting with 2007 as the 39th, 26th, 34th, and in 2010 the 35th best statistical TE in the NFL.

Zach Miller would also be nice but he will stay with Oakland or go to a team as the starter and a large dollar contract.

Wilson8
03-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Let me modify what I said about Scaife. The Chiefs would have to pay Bo. He made 4.46 million in 2009 and 4.9 million last year. Also he’s been the starter for Tennessee, so he’s going to at least be promised a chance to compete for the starting position. But the positives would be he could work in a two TE set, maybe start, and also give the Chiefs a lot more security at the TE position.

As-far-as the controversial benching last year, Bo Scaife was supporting his former teammate at Texas, Vince Young. He said the locker room was divided between Coach Fisher and Vince.

Bowser
03-06-2011, 01:49 PM
LMAO

He did wonders for your boy Knowshon.

Ugly Duck
03-06-2011, 03:21 PM
He did wonders for your boy Knowshon.

You guyz gotta keep up - the new coach has decided that the Broncos are not going to run the football any more. Its just been a waste of plays so they're not gonna do it. Makes sense for Denver.

Bowser
03-06-2011, 03:27 PM
You guyz gotta keep up - the new coach has decided that the Broncos are not going to run the football any more. Its just been a waste of plays so they're not gonna do it. Makes sense for Denver.

I believe it was Buddy Ryan that called that the "Chuck and Duck" offense.

Valiant
03-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Shanahan gave him a pretty big contract. He is a good player but he has been heavily overpaid.

How do the donks overpay for the greatest blocking te in the league??

He would be 3rd string here sorry.

JohnnyV13
03-06-2011, 04:21 PM
We have Shaun Smith who lives and dies by the motto, "A ball in the hand is worth two in the bush."

With all due respect to Shaun, I'd rather have my balls in the bush rather than in my hand.