PDA

View Full Version : General Politics A moment of sanity

Saul Good
03-02-2011, 07:53 PM
A few of the threads I have read lately have got me to thinking. There's a few things people should understand before even attempting to discuss politics. Off the top of my head and in no particular order:

1. Barack Obama is not trying to sabotage the economy.

2. Republicans do not want dirty air, water, etc.

3. The Zionists do not run the country.

4. American Politicians do not go to war in order to line their own pockets, and they certainly don't murder thousands of our own citizens in order to incite war.

5. Republicans don't want people to die in the streets due to lack of health care, nor do they want old people to have to eat dog food in order to afford medication.

6. Democrats are not rooting for America's enemies.

I am sure that there are hundreds more of these kinds of crazy accusations, so feel free to add to the list. I'm not talking about things like "Democrats want to take away your guns" or "Republicans hate gays" because there are enough Democrats who want to take away your guns and Republicans who hate gays that, while they aren't true of the entire group, they aren't completely off-base.

Let's get it out in the open.

FD
03-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Nice post.

Saul Good
03-02-2011, 08:14 PM
I think it would be fun to come up with a comprehensive list and then bump the thread any time a politician makes one of these outlandish accusations. Something along the lines of:

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/146703-sen-boxer-republicans-have-a-vendetta-against-elmo?page=3

Boxer: GOP has 'vendetta against Elmo'
By Josiah Ryan - 03/01/11 11:08 AM ET

Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) said Tuesday that House Republicans want to strip government funding of PBS because they have a "vendetta against Elmo."

Boxer made the comments during a floor speech where she made the case for her bill that would ensure that the president and lawmakers are not paid if a government shutdown occurs.

Boxer said that the cost of four hours of the Iraq war would be enough to keep PBS funded — and the popular fire-red children's character on the air.

Boxer believes that the GOP has more than just a vendetta against Elmo. She added that Republicans hold a "vendetta against healthcare" and a "vendetta against clean energy."

House Republicans last month passed a bill that would strip government funding for both National Public Radio and PBS.

ClevelandBronco
03-02-2011, 08:27 PM
I think it would be fun to come up with a comprehensive list and then bump the thread any time a politician makes one of these outlandish accusations. Something along the lines of:

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/146703-sen-boxer-republicans-have-a-vendetta-against-elmo?page=3

Boxer: GOP has 'vendetta against Elmo'
By Josiah Ryan - 03/01/11 11:08 AM ET

Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) said Tuesday that House Republicans want to strip government funding of PBS because they have a "vendetta against Elmo."

Boxer made the comments during a floor speech where she made the case for her bill that would ensure that the president and lawmakers are not paid if a government shutdown occurs.

Boxer said that the cost of four hours of the Iraq war would be enough to keep PBS funded and the popular fire-red children's character on the air.

Boxer believes that the GOP has more than just a vendetta against Elmo. She added that Republicans hold a "vendetta against healthcare" and a "vendetta against clean energy."

House Republicans last month passed a bill that would strip government funding for both National Public Radio and PBS.

She must have read that wrong. Republicans hate emo, not elmo. There are no emo Republicans.

For that matter, there are no emu Republicans, although you may want to keep an eye out for RINOs.

Saul Good
03-02-2011, 08:34 PM
But there are emo emus.

Chocolate Hog
03-02-2011, 09:51 PM
She must have read that wrong. Republicans hate emo, not elmo. There are no emo Republicans.

For that matter, there are no emu Republicans, although you may want to keep an eye out for RINOs.

John Boner is pretty emo dude.

ClevelandBronco
03-02-2011, 09:57 PM
John Boner is pretty emo dude.

Damn. You're right.