PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs re-sign Greenwood

The Poz
03-04-2011, 10:45 AM
http://rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/kc/kansas-city-chiefs

Chiefs re-signed exclusive rights free agent LB Cory Greenwood to a one-year contract.
Undrafted out of Concordia University in Montreal last year, Greenwood emerged as a core special teamer as a rookie. He'll try to work his way into a reserve linebacker job this time around.

Also,
The Chiefs failed to extend tenders to potential restricted free agents RB Jackie Battle, FB Tim Castille, and OL Ryan O'Callaghan.
All three players will become unrestricted free agents. Battle has managed just 41 attempts in four seasons with the Chiefs, averaging a scant 2.9 yards per. O'Callaghan lost the starting right tackle job to Barry Richardson last season.

Detoxing
03-04-2011, 10:46 AM
I guess that means it's Richardson's job now fo sho

Dicky McElephant
03-04-2011, 10:47 AM

Or they're bringing in a rookie for competition.

OnTheWarpath58
03-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Or they're bringing in a rookie for competition.

Please be Owen Marecic. Please be Owen Marecic.

Dicky McElephant
03-04-2011, 10:56 AM

At RT? Don't you think he's a little small? :D

talastan
03-04-2011, 10:58 AM
So are we sticking with Mr Cox at FB?

Sofa King
03-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Good list of people to let go.

SNR
03-04-2011, 11:00 AM
If Jackie Battle doesn't re-sign I'll be pissed. I had high hopes that he would contribute way more this year.

I mean... how many years have we put into this guy? Just for him to waste a spot on our practice squad? He's ready for sure. Just get him under contract.

milkman
03-04-2011, 11:03 AM

I think it's Richardson's job until they find someone better, either through the draft or via free agnecy, should there be free agency this offseason.

But the primary reason he's tendered and O'Callaghan was not is that, while neither are starting calibre material, Richardson is more versatile and can play in relief at both RT and LT should the need arise.

milkman
03-04-2011, 11:05 AM
If Jackie Battle doesn't re-sign I'll be pissed. I had high hopes that he would contribute way more this year.

I mean... how many years have we put into this guy? Just for him to waste a spot on our practice squad? He's ready for sure. Just get him under contract.

He's ready for sure?

What the hell has he ever done to suggest that he's anything more than just some scrub taking up roster space?

cabletech94
03-04-2011, 11:06 AM
to the mo' fo' 'ship!

Frosty
03-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Well, thank goodness for that.

Sofa King
03-04-2011, 11:13 AM
He's ready for sure?

What the hell has he ever done to suggest that he's anything more than just some scrub taking up roster space?

absolutely nothing.

OnTheWarpath58
03-04-2011, 11:14 AM
At RT? Don't you think he's a little small? :D

Yeah, I misread.

Obviously I'm interested in Marecic for the FB position.

Kinda surprised we let the better of our two FB's go.

The Poz
03-04-2011, 11:18 AM
A little surprised that Castille was let go (unless the plan is to re-sign on the cheap). I thought Haley always had a bit of a chubby for him, bringing him over from 'zona.

SNR
03-04-2011, 11:22 AM
He's ready for sure?

What the hell has he ever done to suggest that he's anything more than just some scrub taking up roster space?First two years I thought he was dogshit.

This year, however, he's shown some game. I think it's enough to spell some carries for Thomas Jones, who should spell carries for Charles.

Charles should be getting 15-20 at least, and Jones should get 10-15, probably less than that. Battle is our only "big" runner, so we should use him to change things up. It's a lot better than wasting another goddamn draft pick on a RB

Bowser
03-04-2011, 11:22 AM
SNR Demonpenz'd Milkman.

SNR
03-04-2011, 11:25 AM
SNR Demonpenz'd Milkman.
Heh. A little bit.

Spicy McHaggis
03-04-2011, 11:54 AM

Isn't he the love child of Rich Scanlon and Boomer Grigsby?

KC Tattoo
03-04-2011, 12:46 PM
First two years I thought he was dogshit.

This year, however, he's shown some game. I think it's enough to spell some carries for Thomas Jones, who should spell carries for Charles.

Charles should be getting 15-20 at least, and Jones should get 10-15, probably less than that. Battle is our only "big" runner, so we should use him to change things up. It's a lot better than wasting another goddamn draft pick on a RB

I wish Jackie Battle got to get more carries rather than Jones. Jackie Battle didn't get the opportunites that he should of imo. He was on the kickoff coverage team, and Jones was suppose to be better than he actually was. Jones got the carries because who he was, a proven vet, yet he was breaking down considerably with his age and number of carries over the years. Jones looks like a beast from lifting so many weights, it did not translate to the football game. Some times vets hold back opportunities from the younger guys and that can hold up development they get from playing time. I'd so much rather have Jackie Battle than T Jones.

beach tribe
03-04-2011, 12:49 PM

I think they are going to bring in someone to compete wit em' fo sho.

Chocolate Hog
03-04-2011, 12:58 PM
FUCK YES!

HotRoute
03-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Where is the Gif of greenwood laying someone out on the Seahawks kicking team?

Anyone?

beach tribe
03-04-2011, 12:59 PM
I wish Jackie Battle got to get more carries rather than Jones. Jackie Battle didn't get the opportunites that he should of imo. He was on the kickoff coverage team, and Jones was suppose to be better than he actually was. Jones got the carries because who he was, a proven vet, yet he was breaking down considerably with his age and number of carries over the years. Jones looks like a beast from lifting so many weights, it did not translate to the football game. Some times vets hold back opportunities from the younger guys and that can hold up development they get from playing time. I'd so much rather have Jackie Battle than T Jones.

Yep. I really want to see what Battle has. Jones needs to get gone.

I want the Chiefs to pick this guy in the 7th round if he's still there.
I think he's going to be a draft day steal, ala' LeGarette Blount(who I wanted last year), and i want the Chiefs to be the guy to steal him. Charles needs a guy like this (If Battle can't be it).
I actually like Haley's approach of pounding the ball with our "between the tackles" guy early in the game, and then when the defense is a little tired, and has the timing of a power back hitting the hole implanted into their muscle memory, plugging Charles in, and watching him blaze into the secondary before the LBs have even reacted.
This is a guy that can really bruise up defenders in order to accomplish that.
http://www.notredamefansite.com/Notre-Dame-Football-Player-Robert-Hughes-1743

beach tribe
03-04-2011, 01:02 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c8YOlWdwxXM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KC Tattoo
03-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Now Ryan O'Callaghan can just go away!

Dicky McElephant
03-04-2011, 01:20 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c8YOlWdwxXM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This.

beach tribe
03-04-2011, 01:22 PM
This.

I really like what he did against USC starting at the 3:00 mark.

Dicky McElephant
03-04-2011, 01:24 PM
I really like what he did against USC starting at the 3:00 mark.

He was a beast that game.

Demonpenz
03-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Proud to be an american!

CoMoChief
03-04-2011, 03:17 PM
THANK GOD

now we are sure to win a SB

Huffman83
03-04-2011, 03:32 PM

I agree. I think he's a good option as a young Bruiser type RB for the short yardage situations.

Even if he's lined up as a FB the guy managed to get the short yardage when his # was called.

Chiefshrink
03-04-2011, 03:56 PM

Something tells me we will pay if we don't resign him. He just needs a consistent chance. I like the way this guy runs, PERIOD!!!

-King-
03-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Something tells me we will pay if we don't resign him. He just needs a consistent chance. I like the way this guy runs, PERIOD!!!

We will pay because of losing Jackie Battle? We have one of the top 3 RBs in the league but we'll pay because we lose Jackie freaking Battle?

chop
03-04-2011, 05:59 PM

But there is no room for him. Jones get the first down carries. Charles gets second down carries. McCluster gets third down carries.

Marcellus
03-04-2011, 06:56 PM
We will pay because of losing Jackie Battle? We have one of the top 3 RBs in the league but we'll pay because we lose Jackie freaking Battle?

I like Battle he is a good kid but we could easily upgrade the 3rd RB position with a player who could have a future rather than a specialty ST and short yardage guy.

Wake up people Battle does not make the difference between winning and losing.

the Talking Can
03-04-2011, 07:36 PM
battle is a nobody

i'm glad he's gone, that means we'll be looking for another rb late in the draft....

el borracho
03-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Lose the Battle and win the war?

Frosty
03-04-2011, 08:14 PM
battle is a nobody

i'm glad he's gone, that means we'll be looking for another rb late in the draft....

It's a good thing we kept Battle last year instead of picking up Blount one of the three times he was available.

:rolleyes: