PDA

View Full Version : Music Rock N Poll: Round 1, Heat 10

Rain Man
03-05-2011, 11:23 AM
This is going to be an interesting one. Check out the array of styles.

KurtCobain
03-05-2011, 11:24 AM
YES OH MY FUCKING GOD ITS ANOTHER ROUND!

KurtCobain
03-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Where the fuck is this pole? I'm very upset about this. Fuck you Rainman!

KurtCobain
03-05-2011, 11:26 AM
So I'm going to the lake today, a little chilly outside but not bad. You think when I get back this poll will finally be finished?

Rain Man
03-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Print this poll out, and think about it when you're on the lake. Please consider musical composition, musical originality, lyrical poetry, lyrical meaning, and performance quality for both instrumentals and music.

Ebolapox
03-05-2011, 11:34 AM
very 'meh' heat.

KurtCobain
03-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Sucks.

Rain Man
03-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Lots of good ones in this heat.

Obviously, Born to Run is in. It's iconic.

I'll also go with Mr. Sandman by the Chordettes. I realize it probably doesn't quite fit the image of rock and roll, but it's a forerunner and it's one of the most awesome songs ever.

I have one more spot, and pondered all of them.

Okay, both songs by AC/DC are horrible, just loud music. Hell's Bells started out interesting, but devolved into the sound of drums and a guitar falling down a flight of stairs. Live Wire was better, but still was never something I'd buy for my itunes. Too shrill.

The REO Speedwagon song was fine, but not noteworthy.

Dream Police is very interesting in part because it's unique. I would have no issue voting for it or seeing it advance. It didn't get my vote only because this is a strong heat.

Vertigo is the same. Very interesting sound, very unique. I'd be fine to see it advance, too, and it's worthy.

I voted for Landed. It's probably a protest vote because it's not really rock and roll, but wow, that's a great song. It's smooth, it tells a story, and I'm a sucker for songs that don't just use the traditional guitars and drums.

Frazod
03-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Springsteen is more overrated than the 2007 Jayhawks.

Cheap Trick and AC/DC for me. :thumb:

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-05-2011, 11:56 AM
The REO Speedwagon song was fine, but not noteworthy.

:cuss:

That and Dream Police are the only songs worth voting for.

Rain Man
03-05-2011, 12:13 PM
We must have a software problem or something. I'm looking at the results, and it seems as if not everyone is voting for Born to Run. That can't be right.

Ebolapox
03-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Rain Man:Bruce Springsteen :: Jenson71:Bob Dylan

patteeu
03-05-2011, 12:35 PM
This is a brutal lineup. It's going to be hard to pick just three. The people voting for the "Wow" option should be banned from the rest of this process.

My top 4 are listed below. Send me a rep message to tell me which one I should drop to help me make up my mind. The one that gets the most rep votes will be left behind and I'll vote for the other three.

I agree that Born To Run is iconic and it definitely deserves to make it out of this round. I'm not sure it's in my top 3 though.

I think the ipod commercials made Vertigo kind of iconic too. It's a great song from a band I'm not that big on.

Dream Police is a high energy song that I've always liked from an awesome band that doesn't get enough recognition.

Hell's Bells is the first song on the first vinyl record album I ever owned and I played the heck out of that album. Unlike Rain Man, I like the sound of drums and guitars falling down the stairs. In fact, this list seems to have been designed to draw out differences between RM and myself as we've got almost diametrically opposed opinions here. The only people who have worse takes on this list than Rain Man are the people who voted "Wow" (who, btw, should be banned from the rest of this process).

P.S. Golden Country would have easily made my top 3 in a few of the other heats.

Chiefburger
03-05-2011, 12:41 PM
But Springsteen is the Boss. How can this be?

KurtCobain
03-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Vertigo iconic? Pssh, it shouldn't even be up there.

Gonzo
03-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Hey Rainman, to save you some time you can just type AC/DC instead of AC/DC and then the song title since all of their songs sound exactly the same. Thank me later.
Posted via Mobile Device

KurtCobain
03-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Rain Man:Bruce Springsteen :: Jenson71:Bob Dylan

Milkman:Polka

patteeu
03-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Vertigo iconic? Pssh, it shouldn't even be up there.

I disagree, but if you feel strongly about it, you should tell me so in a rep comment so I won't vote for it. Comments like this in a regular post will carry zero weight in my decision making process. :)

Rain Man
03-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Hey Rainman, to save you some time you can just type AC/DC instead of AC/DC and then the song title since all of their songs sound exactly the same. Thank me later.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh, that's an excellent idea. I'll start doing that.

Rain Man
03-05-2011, 12:57 PM
This is a brutal lineup. It's going to be hard to pick just three. The people voting for the "Wow" option should be banned from the rest of this process.

My top 4 are listed below. Send me a rep message to tell me which one I should drop to help me make up my mind. The one that gets the most rep votes will be left behind and I'll vote for the other three.

I agree that Born To Run is iconic and it definitely deserves to make it out of this round. I'm not sure it's in my top 3 though.

I think the ipod commercials made Vertigo kind of iconic too. It's a great song from a band I'm not that big on.

Dream Police is a high energy song that I've always liked from an awesome band that doesn't get enough recognition.

Hell's Bells is the first song on the first vinyl record album I ever owned and I played the heck out of that album. Unlike Rain Man, I like the sound of drums and guitars falling down the stairs. In fact, this list seems to have been designed to draw out differences between RM and myself as we've got almost diametrically opposed opinions here. The only people who have worse takes on this list than Rain Man are the people who voted "Wow" (who, btw, should be banned from the rest of this process).

P.S. Golden Country would have easily made my top 3 in a few of the other heats.

Good, good. I like the diversity of opinions. It makes the world a great place.

Stupidhead.

Psyko Tek
03-05-2011, 01:52 PM
The Boss
Cheap Trick
AC/DC

really can't get behind
U2 since Joshua tree
it's all to "pop"y

Rain Man
03-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Mr. Sandman isn't getting the love that it deserves. Tell me this isn't the quintessential sound of America in the 1950s. Tell me that you can't hear the primordial sounds of Elvis and the Beatles in this song. Tell me that you aren't bobbing and singing along as you listen to this.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8V-E9cLfMT8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

patteeu
03-05-2011, 02:23 PM

Tsk tsk, someone didn't follow the instructions of my rep vote. You're supposed to vote on the one you want me to leave behind, not the one you want me to vote for. Please resubmit your input. Thanks. :)

Rain Man
03-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Tsk tsk, someone didn't follow the instructions of my rep vote. You're supposed to vote on the one you want me to leave behind, not the one you want me to vote for. Please resubmit your input. Thanks. :)

Dang. Now I'm going to have to find five other people to rep before I can come back.

Okay, who else voted for Springsteen? Let me give you some rep.

KC Tattoo
03-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Dang. Now I'm going to have to find five other people to rep before I can come back.

For you Rain Man, I voted for Born to Run & Mr. Sandman. Both good songs. I voted for Cheap Trick as well for my kids giving me a CD of them one year for Xmas.

cdcox
03-05-2011, 03:27 PM

I'm chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line. HWAH!

Chiefnj2
03-05-2011, 04:15 PM
I voted Springsteen, Cheap Trick and for Hell's Bells

Omaha
03-07-2011, 09:06 AM
Landed by Ben Folds is the best song here by a mile. Not really a rocker, though.

Hydrae
03-07-2011, 09:26 AM
AC/DC, Cheap Trick and then I had to go old, old school with Mr. Sandman. Just never been a fan of Springsteen (sorry, RM).

Rain Man
03-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Shutting it down, and tramps like these, baby they were born to run:

Hell's Bells
Born To Run
Dream Police

Omaha
03-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Shutting it down, and tramps like these, baby they were born to run:

Hell's Bells
Born To Run
Dream Police

This is a travesty.

DJ's left nut
03-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Wow.

Dream Police over Golden Country.

Jeez.

Omaha
03-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Wow.

Dream Police over Golden Country.

Jeez.

Dream Police at all?????

Jeez.

Rain Man
03-07-2011, 12:25 PM
This is a travesty.

Most of them are.

At least we got Springsteen in there with one of the best songs ever performed.