PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Musical Conservative?

gblowfish
03-05-2011, 05:24 PM
One of my pals was saying that liberals have all the good music: Woody Guthrie, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, etc etc etc.

What about conservatives?

Who are the good conservative musicians, besides Ted Nugent?

Here's my favorite song about being conservative:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fA5NW4ouCL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mad Crapper
03-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Thanks for posting that, I couldn't find anything from Soldier (in my opinion, Iggy's best album).

As for your point, yeah, liberals make great music. I wish they would just shut up and play.

The Mad Crapper
03-05-2011, 05:33 PM
That's Glen Matlock from the Sex Pistols on Bass, by the way. Bowie also plays keyboards on Soldier, but not on this track.

patteeu
03-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Wayne Newton and Dee Snyder are conservative, as are many country music artists. I don't know for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if Kid Rock and Gene Simmons are somewhat conservative. But liberals seem to be the vast majority in the music industry. Must be all the drugs.

The Mad Crapper
03-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Wayne Newton and Dee Snyder are conservative, as are many country music artists. I don't know for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if Kid Rock and Gene Simmons are somewhat conservative. But liberals seem to be the vast majority in the music industry. Must be all the drugs.

I know Alice Cooper is apolitical, probably leans right.

Captain Obvious
03-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Toby Keith, bah Gawd.

JohnnyV13
03-05-2011, 06:49 PM
The right wing has the immortal Pat Boone. Beat that lefties!

HonestChieffan
03-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Charlie Daniels Old School....

Colt Ford...New Country

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DF108IhXi_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mad Crapper
03-05-2011, 07:18 PM
The right wing has the immortal Pat Boone. Beat that lefties!

We also have Johnny Ramone.

Bewbies
03-05-2011, 08:41 PM
I've always figured that artists tend to be liberal more often because they engage in emotional pursuits, so it'd make sense that they're more emotion based than logic based for politics too.

SNR
03-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Would you classify Muse as conservative? I don't know the extent of his political views other than a deathly fear of a New World Order

Bewbies
03-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Would you classify Muse as conservative? I don't know the extent of his political views other than a deathly fear of a New World Order

Their new album was highly inspired by 1984.

siberian khatru
03-05-2011, 09:28 PM
John McVie of Fleetwood Mac

Skunk Baxter of the Doobie Brothers

Neil Peart of Rush used to be big into Ayn Rand, don't know if he still is. Lot of his lyrics are libertarian ("Freewill," "The Trees," etc.)

cdcox
03-06-2011, 01:02 AM
I've always figured that artists tend to be liberal more often because they engage in emotional pursuits, so it'd make sense that they're more emotion based than logic based for politics too.

Yet the very best scientists (who depend on logic) tend to be more liberal than conservative. I guess it is just the emotionless, non-thinkers that are conservative? :p