PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obama's Abortion Commitment is strong. Veto Pen Ready

HonestChieffan
03-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Obama Would Veto Spending Bill De-Funding Planned Parenthood
by Steven Ertelt | Washington, DC | LifeNews.com | 3/4/11 11:38 AM

President Barack Obama would veto the House-approved long-term spending bill for the federal government that contains the Pence Amendment, a measure that would de-fund the Planned Parenthood abortion business.

Because of that provision and other pro-life riders that stop abortion funding globally and in the District of Columbia, the Washington Times indicates “Obama has issued a veto threat on that bill, saying House Republicans’ cuts are unacceptable.”

“Senate Democrats said the non-spending provisions of the bill — such as restrictions on Planned Parenthood and on Obama administration rules and regulations — will also have to be struck,” the Times continues.

That is the current impasse over the federal spending legislation — where House Republicans have adopted a budget-cutting bill with pro-life provisions and where Senate Democrats have not put forward their own legislation whereby pro-life advocates could either negotiate for the pro-life provisions or try to pass amendments to the Senate bill.

Obama issued a statement this week calling for such negotiations: “I’m calling on Democratic and Republican leaders of Congress to begin meeting immediately with the vice president, my chief of staff and budget director so we can find common ground on a budget that makes sure we are living within our means.”

But pro-life Speaker John Boehner says no formal invitation has been extended and Senate Democrats have yet to write a spending bill.

“How do you start a conversation where one house has spoken, but the other house hasn’t?” he said. “Where is the starting point?”

While Congress stalls, activists on both sides of the abortion debate are furiously contacting Congress urging members of the Senate to support or oppose the Pence Amendment and the pro-life provisions. Planned Parenthood has mobilized its supporters to deliver more than 700,000 messages to senators while pro-life groups are conducted similar lobbying efforts and organizing a bus tour of the eastern United States to turn out grassroots support.

Tony Perkins, the head of the Family Research Council, shed light on the situation, talking about the key pro-life provision in the House-approved budget bill that would stop taxpayer funding of abortions in the District of Columbia.

“Until this administration came to town, it was illegal to take money out of our pockets and use it to directly finance the killing of D.C.’s unborn children. That all flew out the window in the 2009 omnibus, when the Democratic leadership insisted on giving District abortion doctors a direct pipeline to government dollars,” he explained.”Thanks to the last Congress, the capital of the free world is also the capital of free abortions. This is incredibly significant now, as House and Senate leaders wrestle over the new budget.”

“As part of the continuing resolution that House members passed last week, the District would go back to the way things were before President Obama, when there was a freeze on D.C. taxpayer-funded abortion. That’s all up in the air, now that both parties can’t seem to come to an agreement on budget cuts,” he said. “The Left’s version of a “clean bill” is still awash in abortion funding.”

Perkins hopes the efforts to stop abortion funding will stay prominent on the minds of Republicans during the budget negotiations.

“Nobody wants to see the government shut down, but there are some issues–like taxpayer-funded abortion–where the facts have prevailed and over 70% of Americans say no,” he said. “Every week that Congress puts off these budget talks is a week that you and I are directly funding abortion. Contact your leaders and tell them the cradle of liberty is no place for the government to take out a contract on the unborn.”

http://www.lifenews.com/2011/03/04/obama-would-veto-spending-bill-de-funding-planned-parenthood/

The Mad Crapper
03-05-2011, 07:17 PM
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

go bowe
03-05-2011, 09:57 PM
wow...

getting biblical now?

where are you on taxpayer funded abortions?

i'm in favor of them in part because it's so much cheaper than providing support and/or the cost of incarceration over the long run...

HonestChieffan
03-05-2011, 10:03 PM
I would put the PP cut in a bill that doubles Michelle's party treat budget. No way Barak gets between the queen and her treat basket.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-05-2011, 10:04 PM
wow...

getting biblical now?

where are you on taxpayer funded abortions?

i'm in favor of them in part because it's so much cheaper than providing support and/or the cost of incarceration over the long run...

Fucking snap. Answer. The. Question.

Bowser
03-05-2011, 10:14 PM
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DJ5r3oNFVeE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chiefshrink
03-05-2011, 10:20 PM

while carrying his "own birth certificate" showing he was the true Angel of Death born of God.

ROYC75
03-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Abortion is wrong. Sure you can throw #'s at it all day long, but in the end, how much is a life worth ?

Liberals & Dems., How would you feel if our dear leader was a statistic?

Bowser
03-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Abortion is wrong. Sure you can throw #'s at it all day long, but in the end, how much is a life worth ?

Your question is illogical. Had he been a "statistic", we never would have heard of him.

And I know plenty of conservatives that are pro-choice, so don't just try to include "Liberals and Dems".

Mr. Flopnuts
03-05-2011, 10:33 PM

Depends. Are they on welfare? Do they teach our children? Some of you guys don't seem to think they're worth very much. Why are fetuses different?

Chiefshrink
03-05-2011, 10:45 PM

and this is why your "critical thinking" skills are very shallow if not absent because if you truly thought long and deep about the sanctity of life and how it is essential for any society to not only survive but "thrive" you would have a different position. But it's clear that you see "mankind" no more worthy than a mere piece of defective tissue when not wanted.

Liberal Marxists call it a "fetus" when they don't want the pregnancy and call the fetus a "baby" when they want the pregnancy.

Funny thing is: "Fetus" in latin means "child". So go ahead and keep calling it a "fetus". I have no problem with it.

When a society gets to the point that "human life" is no longer held in a "holy sancified position" then God and family eventually become irrelevant and then the society becomes every man for himself in a cage match of survival among the fittest which is what the Progressive Marxists want. They see humans as just mere higher form of "animal" that still needs to be tamed by "them" (ala the Marxist Darwinists):thumb: This is why "right and wrong" doesn't exist in a progressive world because if moral absolutes were allowed then a "consciousness" would have to occur and that can't happen. Morality must be 'relative' at all times because then "man" can take the place of "God" and "man" "always" calls the shot! Heaven forbid we as a society have a Godly pure moral fiber!:rolleyes:

And we are seeing it happen right before our eyes.

Just damn sad, that the majority of our country doesn't see this:shake:

RedDread
03-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Liberal Marxists call it a "fetus" when they don't want the pregnancy and call the fetus a "baby" when they want the pregnancy.

Funny thing is: "Fetus" in latin means "child". So go ahead and keep calling it a "fetus". I have no problem with it.

I like how you argue points for topics that haven't even been brought up.

patteeu
03-06-2011, 08:44 AM
If you can't even cut goverent subsidies to Planned Parenthood in this environment of severe government over-spending, someone needs to take away your access to the federal credit card completely. It continues to amaze me that there are people out there who think the two parties are both equally irresponsible with the purse strings.

patteeu
03-06-2011, 08:46 AM
The least we should be able to agree on is to roll back all the new spending that Obama/Pelosi/Reid brought us in their two disastrous years in office.

tiptap
03-06-2011, 08:48 AM
95% of Planned Parenthood goes to birth control and I don't mean abortions. If you all are so concerned about innocent lost of life you'd be out of the War business. Please.

Chiefshrink
03-06-2011, 08:59 AM
95% of Planned Parenthood goes to birth control and I don't mean abortions. If you all are so concerned about innocent lost of life you'd be out of the War business. Please.

:BS:

The Mad Crapper
03-06-2011, 09:03 AM
http://www.truthnet.org/abortion/Partial-Birth_Abortion1.jpg

HIDEOUS DESTRUCTOR

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/amgov/3234/Week_3/051809_AP090517018850_500.jpg
SHAME ON NOTRE DAME

tiptap
03-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Can you show the anacephallic abortion pictures too?

patteeu
03-06-2011, 09:26 AM

Speaking only for myself, I'm not as much concerned about life as I am about frivolous spending.

The Mad Crapper
03-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Can you show the anacephallic abortion pictures too?

I know, it's a big joke. Laugh while you still can.

stevieray
03-06-2011, 09:27 AM
95% of Planned Parenthood goes to birth control and I don't mean abortions. If you all are so concerned about innocent lost of life you'd be out of the War business. Please.:rolleyes:

big difference from those who CHOOSE to put their life on the line, and those whose life has been ended not of their own choice.

spare us your inane, psuedo compassion for the troops BS.

Chiefshrink
03-06-2011, 09:31 AM
I like how you argue points for topics that haven't even been brought up.

Thanks, it's part of my job to get society to think past their cheeto stained fingers that fondle their PS3/XBox and genitalia all day/night 24/7 in their mom's basement.

That societal choices do have societal consequences!!! What a shock!!!:rolleyes:

The Mad Crapper
03-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Thanks, it's part of my job to get society to think past their cheeto stained fingers that fondle their PS3/XBox and genitalia all day/night 24/7 in their mom's basement.

That societal choices do have societal consequences!!! What a shock!!!:rolleyes:

:clap:

patteeu
03-06-2011, 09:41 AM
BTW, for those so jazzed to snuff out innocent life, it would be nice if you didn't let minimal collateral damage turn you against wars that are in the national interest.

Chiefshrink
03-06-2011, 10:03 AM
BTW, for those so jazzed to snuff out innocent life, it would be nice if you didn't let minimal collateral damage turn you against wars that are in the national interest.

or hold candle light ceremonies outside of prisons for "guilty pieces of sh**" while claiming "life" is sacred:rolleyes:

Chiefshrink
03-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Speaking only for myself, I'm not as much concerned about life as I am about frivolous spending.

I get your point, but I will take it a step further and say that we would not have this frivolous spending(at least i.e. Planned Parenthood) if we as society held life as sacred:thumb:

The Mad Crapper
03-06-2011, 10:10 AM
or hold candle light ceremonies outside of prisons for "guilty pieces of sh**" while claiming "life" is sacred:rolleyes:

Or crying over trees and making up BS stories like global warming.

ice cubes > human babies -tiptap

Chiefshrink
03-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Or crying over trees and making up BS stories like global warming.

ice cubes > human babies -tiptap

No sh**!:shake:

Earthling
03-07-2011, 02:05 AM
I am mostly against abortions...except for around the KC area maybe. :thumb: