PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Legalization Of Marijuana

Shogun
03-06-2011, 11:01 PM
For it or Against it?

I'm doing a bunch of polls on a few websites I frequent trying to get a consensus. You can give a reason why if you want or not, I don't mind. I'm just trying to compile some answers for a project I'm doing.

Thanks

alnorth
03-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Yes.

Cigarettes: Legal

Alchohol: Legal

Are the above more harmful than MJ?: Yes

Does it make sense to then keep MJ illegal?: Not even remotely

Useful Idiot
03-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Don't care if they do or not. I will still smoke the shit out of it.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-06-2011, 11:16 PM
HonestChieffan was drunk as shit when he voted no. He wants to tell you how to live your life. Typical Republican. Smaller government. Unless it's something "moral".

alnorth
03-06-2011, 11:30 PM
For it or Against it?

I'm doing a bunch of polls on a few websites I frequent trying to get a consensus. You can give a reason why if you want or not, I don't mind. I'm just trying to compile some answers for a project I'm doing.

Thanks

Not sure what project you are working on, but the internet skews ***HEAVILY*** Libertarian. You'll get lots of "liberal on social issues, conservative on economic issues" types on message boards.

The stupid old bats who think Marijuana is demon weed that turns youths into crazed violent stoners have not yet died, they don't vote much on internet polls, and its those old senile morons who keep this relatively harmless drug illegal.

Shogun
03-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Not sure what project you are working on, but the internet skews ***HEAVILY*** Libertarian. You'll get lots of "liberal on social issues, conservative on economic issues" types on message boards.

The stupid old bats who think Marijuana is demon weed that turns youths into crazed violent stoners have not yet died, they don't vote much on internet polls, and its those old senile morons who keep this relatively harmless drug illegal.

I am going to make a study along with a short film about the good uses of Marijuana and Hemp and send it to my Congressman. Something like that.

KurtCobain
03-07-2011, 12:07 AM
This is an exciting poll.

alnorth
03-07-2011, 12:09 AM
This is an exciting poll.

not really. its very predictable. Banning marijuana is objectively stupid. Most internet posters are not stupid. So, yes tends to win in a landslide.

ClevelandBronco
03-07-2011, 12:24 AM
I am going to make a study along with a short film about the good uses of Marijuana and Hemp and send it to my Congressman. Something like that.

Good idea. Make sure you send a link to the DEA as well. They've probably just never thought enough about the merits of legalizing marijuana, and they'll want to know who to credit.

Shogun
03-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Good idea. Make sure you send a link to the DEA as well. They've probably just never thought enough about the merits of legalizing marijuana, and they'll want to know who to credit.

I know they know. I am damn aware that they know. It takes people actually wanting and showing they want to do something about it actively to get it changed, you can't just sit around and expect things to happen.

ClevelandBronco
03-07-2011, 01:07 AM
I know they know. I am damn aware that they know. It takes people actually wanting and showing they want to do something about it actively to get it changed, you can't just sit around and expect things to happen.

My sympathy for the cause doesn't run that deep. Good luck to you, though. :thumb:

BigMeatballDave
03-07-2011, 01:14 AM
I bet not a single person that votes NO can come up with a logical reason to keep MJ illegal.

BigMeatballDave
03-07-2011, 01:17 AM
Good idea. Make sure you send a link to the DEA as well. They've probably just never thought enough about the merits of legalizing marijuana, and they'll want to know who to credit.They also want to keep their job. :)

ClevelandBronco
03-07-2011, 01:28 AM
They also want to keep their job. :)

You better believe it. A lot of people on both sides depend on the illegality of marijuana for their paychecks.

Pushead2
03-07-2011, 01:30 AM
I don't smoke weed but my friends do.....can't we profit from it if it becomes legal?

BigMeatballDave
03-07-2011, 01:35 AM
IMO, All drugs could become legal/decriminalized. Dissolve the DEA, and re-assign those agents to other Federal agencies. Bottom line; Stop wasting tax payers money.

Bump
03-07-2011, 01:38 AM

no, their votes have nothing to do with it. The people who control this country own companies like Anheuser busch, Phizer and Johnson & Johnson. Their pockets might be a tiny bit lighter if marijuana became legal and since they decide what happens, it won't happen.

nstygma
03-07-2011, 03:25 AM
its sad that cocaine and oxycontin are both more legal than marijuana.

2bikemike
03-07-2011, 06:35 AM
I'm all for legalizing pot. I say we should legalize prostitution as well.