PDA

View Full Version : Poop Dumb Warning Labels

BigMeatballDave
03-09-2011, 09:48 AM
http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/553/25-stunningly-dumb-warning-labels/
:LOL::doh!:

Sofa King
03-09-2011, 09:51 AM
This is depressing more than anything. You know people are this stupid.

rockymtnchief
03-09-2011, 09:55 AM
I've seen gun manuals with warnings instructing which end the bullet comes out.

AndChiefs
03-09-2011, 10:35 AM
http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sh/0223_warning-labels-hairdryer.jpg

Label: Do not use while sleeping.
Product: Hair dryer.

Several manufacturers of hair dryers thought it necessary to warn users of the dangers of sleep-drying, an affliction that, apparently, befell somebody.

I actually know someone that ran their hair dryer while sleeping because she liked having the hot air warming up her covers. So I guess this is a legitimate warning.

BigMeatballDave
03-09-2011, 10:36 AM

I actually know someone that ran their hair dryer while sleeping because she liked having the hot air warming up her covers. So I guess this is a legitimate warning.:doh!: Its a warning to you that she's a fucking moron.

AndChiefs
03-09-2011, 10:41 AM
:doh!: Its a warning to you that she's a ****ing moron.

I don't disagree with you...

Pants
03-09-2011, 10:41 AM

I actually know someone that ran their hair dryer while sleeping because she liked having the hot air warming up her covers. So I guess this is a legitimate warning.

Same here, man. I didn't realize there were other people with similar ideas. LMAO

AndChiefs
03-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Same here, man. I didn't realize there were other people with similar ideas. LMAO

Unless we know the same person...which is doubtful.

Bump
03-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Label: Never use a lit match or open flame to check fuel level.
Product: Jet Ski.

This little ditty can be found on gas caps for personal recreational vehicles such as jet skis and ATVs. Should be followed by: "And if this was news to you, you are not legally permitted to operate this vehicle or, for that matter, leave the house."

I could see bugeater or frazod doing this and then posting a thread here about it. Good thing there are stupid warning labels.

Fish
03-09-2011, 10:54 AM
The warning labels may seem silly.... but each of them are on there because some stupid fucking idiot actually got hurt trying what they're warning against...

People are dumb.

BigMeatballDave
03-09-2011, 12:39 PM
The warning labels may seem silly.... but each of them are on there because some stupid fucking idiot actually got hurt trying what they're warning against...

People are dumb.I know why they're there. Its still funny.

Rain Man
03-09-2011, 12:42 PM
So does Teflon kill small animals? And if so, should we be cooking with it?

Bump
03-09-2011, 01:09 PM

raisins can kill small animals, should we be eating them?

Hydrae
03-09-2011, 01:26 PM

:shrug: I'm not a small animal, what is the problem?

Rain Man
03-09-2011, 01:36 PM

I don't think that's true. I just ate some raisins and they didn't have a small animal warning on them.

bevischief
03-09-2011, 02:04 PM
The warning labels may seem silly.... but each of them are on there because some stupid ****ing idiot actually got hurt trying what they're warning against...

People are dumb.

It would thin out the herd of idiots if they didn't...

Pestilence
03-09-2011, 02:07 PM

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F9C81mDraT0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Label (on website): Do not eat.
Product: Apple's iPod shuffle.

:facepalm:

KurtCobain
03-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Label (on website): Do not eat.
Product: Apple's iPod shuffle.

:facepalm:

I don't know why we can't eat those things. Stupid fucking warnings, I just ignore them.

Bump
03-09-2011, 02:21 PM
I don't think that's true. I just ate some raisins and they didn't have a small animal warning on them.

if your dog eats a handful, it's kidney's will shut down.

WV
03-09-2011, 02:22 PM
http://grahamten.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/warning9.jpg

KurtCobain
03-09-2011, 02:23 PM
http://grahamten.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/warning9.jpg

You've never taken an iron to a part of your shirt while wearing it in a hurry out the door?

BigMeatballDave
03-09-2011, 02:27 PM
if your dog eats a handful, it's kidney's will shut down.They also say chocolate is lethal to dogs. Untrue.

Rain Man
03-09-2011, 02:32 PM
if your dog eats a handful, it's kidney's will shut down.

Maybe I didn't see the warning because it's written in dog. Should I be looking for "woof woof woof" on the label, or it it written like the sound of a really high-pitched whistle?

Pestilence
03-09-2011, 02:41 PM
They also say chocolate is lethal to dogs. Untrue.

Explain.

BigMeatballDave
03-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Explain.IF a small dog consumes a large amount of chocolate, it can kill them.

Pestilence
03-09-2011, 02:54 PM
IF a small dog consumes a large amount of chocolate, it can kill them.

I meant explain how its untrue. Everything I've read explains different.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2011, 03:09 PM
They also say chocolate is lethal to dogs. Untrue.

Chocolate, grapes and raisins are all fatal to dogs.

A dog that weighs less than 10 pounds can die from ingesting only one raisin or grape. It shuts down their kidneys and they die a horrible death.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2011, 03:10 PM
These warning labels maybe "silly" but they protect the manufacturers from frivolous lawsuits.

MahiMike
03-09-2011, 03:35 PM

Nah man. Teflon kills whatever's cooking in the pan.:rolleyes:

Gonzo
03-09-2011, 03:41 PM

A dog that weighs less than 10 pounds can die from ingesting only one raisin or grape. It shuts down their kidneys and they die a horrible death.
I knew about chocolate, but raisins and grapes? That's news to me.

I have a neighbor with an annoying rat-dog. I might just have to stop by the grocery store later.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
03-09-2011, 04:59 PM
I meant explain how its untrue. Everything I've read explains different.I misspoke. I should not have said untrue. its just unlikely. I've seen dogs eat it. No issues. However, these were big dogs.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2011, 05:00 PM
I knew about chocolate, but raisins and grapes?

Yeah, it sucks, especially if you have a toddler. We have to be extremely vigilant if we give our child raisins because my labs are scavengers.

BigMeatballDave
03-09-2011, 05:02 PM

A dog that weighs less than 10 pounds can die from ingesting only one raisin or grape. It shuts down their kidneys and they die a horrible death.This may be overstated. http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/grapeandraisin.htm

Gonzo
03-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Yeah, it sucks, especially if you have a toddler. We have to be extremely vigilant if we give our child raisins because my labs are scavengers.

Huh. That's interesting. Just for smaller breeds though?
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
03-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Yeah, it sucks, especially if you have a toddler. We have to be extremely vigilant if we give our child raisins because my labs are scavengers.Labs will eat anything. A friend of mine has a yellow Lab that like to eat dirty underwear.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Huh. That's interesting. Just for smaller breeds though?
Posted via Mobile Device

All breeds. My labs weigh about 65 pounds each and the vet warned us about the raisins.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2011, 05:08 PM
This may be overstated. http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/grapeandraisin.htm

I'm sure there's some conflicting info out there but our vet warned us about both raisins and chocolate, so the last thing I want to do is ignore her warnings.

It's far better to be safe than sorry.

BigMeatballDave
03-09-2011, 05:15 PM
I'm sure there's some conflicting info out there but our vet warned us about both raisins and chocolate, so the last thing I want to do is ignore her warnings.

It's far better to be safe than sorry.I dont know why anyone would feed a dog anything other than dog food anyway.

Its interesting to me that they can eat a dead rotting rodent and not eat something as simple as a grape.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2011, 05:41 PM
I dont know why anyone would feed a dog anything other than dog food anyway.

That's not really the point.

One of my Labs will eat anything. Anything that falls on the floor, anything that's left unattended, anything.

I can't tell you how many times my daughter has left her playroom for 30 seconds with food on a plate, whether it's crackers, a piece of cheese, a banana, peanut butter sandwich, almonds, cashews, pizza, hotdogs, again, just anything, only to return to find it gone.

With that being the case, we have to be extremely vigilant when she's got grapes or raisins.

BigMeatballDave
03-09-2011, 05:45 PM
That's not really the point.

One of my Labs will eat anything. Anything that falls on the floor, anything that's left unattended, anything.

I can't tell you how many times my daughter has left her playroom for 30 seconds with food on a plate, whether it's crackers, a piece of cheese, a banana, peanut butter sandwich, almonds, cashews, pizza, hotdogs, again, just anything, only to return to find it gone.

With that being the case, we have to be extremely vigilant when she's got grapes or raisins.My son has a Boxer. That thing loves to countersurf for food at night. Bread has to go in the cupboard.