PDA

View Full Version : Obama If Obamacare is such a great piece of legislation...


The Mad Crapper
03-10-2011, 11:36 AM
How come King B.O. has issued 1,000 waivers including one to an entire state (Maine)?

talastan
03-10-2011, 11:56 AM
How come King B.O. has issued 1,000 waivers including one to an entire state (Maine)?

Olympia Snowe's vote for Obamacare. Pretty much somes it up.

The Mad Crapper
03-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Olympia Snowe's vote for Obamacare. Pretty much somes it up.

Fucking cunt should be in a cell with Bernie Madoff.

googlegoogle
03-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Get ready to be banned TheMadCrapper.

I got banned for calling someone Socialist in the DC forums by abusive mod SofaKing.

--------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by googlegoogle
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by Sofa King
So i hear through the grapevine that you were bitching about being banned.

How the hell does your dumbass not get it by now?
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
You're an idiot.

I didn't do anything worthy of a ban.

How much money did you pay to get mod rights?
You didn't do anything worthy of a ban? are you ****ing kidding me? 90% of your posts are racist or socialist, the other 10% just suck.

And i've been a mod for a long time now, they asked ME to do it because i'm fair.

Take your ban like a man, commy.

The Mad Crapper
03-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Get ready to be banned TheMadCrapper.

I got banned for calling someone Socialist in the DC forums by abusive mod SofaKing.

--------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by googlegoogle
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by Sofa King
So i hear through the grapevine that you were bitching about being banned.

How the hell does your dumbass not get it by now?
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
You're an idiot.

I didn't do anything worthy of a ban.

How much money did you pay to get mod rights?
You didn't do anything worthy of a ban? are you ****ing kidding me? 90% of your posts are racist or socialist, the other 10% just suck.

And i've been a mod for a long time now, they asked ME to do it because i'm fair.

Take your ban like a man, commy.

I don't get that at all. You sure that's all you did?

The Mad Crapper
03-10-2011, 12:59 PM
I'd really like a jockstrap--- I mean and obama supporter--- to explain this to me.

Where has Direkshun been?

Chief Henry
03-10-2011, 02:17 PM
How come King B.O. has issued 1,000 waivers including one to an entire state (Maine)?




Excellent question TMC :thumb:

chiefsnorth
03-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Don't they know this is a jobs bill?

Don't they know this is budget neutral?

It's almost as if these politicians don't believe BHO on this.

loochy
03-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Get ready to be banned TheMadCrapper.

I got banned for calling someone Socialist in the DC forums by abusive mod SofaKing.

--------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by googlegoogle
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by Sofa King
So i hear through the grapevine that you were bitching about being banned.

How the hell does your dumbass not get it by now?
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
You're an idiot.

I didn't do anything worthy of a ban.

How much money did you pay to get mod rights?
You didn't do anything worthy of a ban? are you ****ing kidding me? 90% of your posts are racist or socialist, the other 10% just suck.

And i've been a mod for a long time now, they asked ME to do it because i'm fair.

Take your ban like a man, commy.

THIS has nothing to do with obamacare

alpha_omega
03-10-2011, 02:30 PM
First, it was 1000 companies and now....The entire state of Maine? Seriously?

Could someone please explain this?

Jenson71
03-10-2011, 02:34 PM
First, it was 1000 companies and now....The entire state of Maine? Seriously?

Could someone please explain this?

Basically, if you can come up with your own plan that meets the administration's goals of getting your people insured, you can get a waiver. Obama announced a few days ago to all the governors that he is accepting ideas.

Chief Henry
03-10-2011, 02:35 PM
First, it was 1000 companies and now....The entire state of Maine? Seriously?

Could someone please explain this?

Don't hold your breath.

Jaric
03-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Basically, if you can come up with your own plan that meets the administration's goals of getting your people insured, you can get a waiver. Obama announced a few days ago to all the governors that he is accepting ideas.

Interesting approach.

Usually the time for brainstorming is before the law is written and passed.

But hey, he did promise change...

alpha_omega
03-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Basically, if you can come up with your own plan that meets the administration's goals of getting your people insured, you can get a waiver. Obama announced a few days ago to all the governors that he is accepting ideas.

So, is the same true for the 1000 private entities who rec'd the waiver?

chiefsnorth
03-10-2011, 02:54 PM
So, is the same true for the 1000 private entities who rec'd the waiver?

The other 999 are union employers

Jenson71
03-10-2011, 03:14 PM
So, is the same true for the 1000 private entities who rec'd the waiver?

I think there is that, and if the company couldn't reach the annual dollar limit the law set up. http://www.hhs.gov/ociio/regulations/annual_limit_waivers.html

The Mad Crapper
03-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Basically, if you can come up with your own plan that meets the administration's goals of getting your people insured, you can get a waiver.

Why would they come up with a substitute if it's the same thing?

Obama announced a few days ago to all the governors that he is accepting ideas.

Why wasn't he accepting ideas before he and Nancy and Harry shoved this piece of garbage down America's throat?

The Mad Crapper
03-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Why would Olympia Snowe vote yes for a program she had no intention of forcing her constituents to sign up for?

The Mad Crapper
03-10-2011, 03:21 PM
I think there is that, and if the company couldn't reach the annual dollar limit the law set up. http://www.hhs.gov/ociio/regulations/annual_limit_waivers.html

Who pays for it? You don't even know, do you ya dickhead.

The Mad Crapper
03-11-2011, 11:30 AM
“The bill I’m signing will set in motion reforms that generations of Americans have fought for and marched for and hungered to see.”

–Barack Obama, March 23, 2010

America sure did lose its appetite fast. First unions and various corporations received Obamacare waivers by the hundreds, and now whole states are getting them:

The federal government Tuesday granted Maine a waiver of a key provision in President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul, citing the likelihood that enforcement could destabilize the state’s market for individual health insurance.

The U.S. Health and Human Services department said in a letter it would waive the requirement that insurers spend 80 cents to 85 cents of every premium dollar on medical care and quality improvement. Instead, the letter said, the state could maintain its 65 percent standard for three years, with the caveat that HHS intends to review the figures after two years.

The decision makes Maine the first state to receive a waiver of the requirement. Similar requests are pending from Kentucky, Nevada and New Hampshire.

Harry Reid’s state is seeking waiver protection from the same law their illustrious Senator and champion of publicly funded cowboy poets everywhere fought so hard to pass? It’s hard to feel bad because they just had their chance to get rid of him but blew it.

When it comes to Obamacare, the only effective, not to mention fair, waiver is total repeal.

**Written by Doug Powers

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/03/09/obamacare-waiver-mania-part-xxxvii-entire-state-gets-exemption/

patteeu
03-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Each waiver shields a targeted group of potential voters from the painful effects of ObamaCare until it's too late (i.e. after the Organizer-in-Chief's re-election).

go bowe
03-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Each waiver shields a targeted group of potential voters from the painful effects of ObamaCare until it's too late (i.e. after the Organizer-in-Chief's re-election).it's awfully big of you to concede that obama will be re-elected... :p :p :p

The Mad Crapper
03-26-2011, 08:49 AM
Now even the loudest Obamacare cheerleader wants out
New York’s Rep. Anthony Weiner wants a ‘get out of jail free’ card

Becoming the most hypocritical politician in America is not an easy goal to achieve, but New York’s Rep. Anthony Weiner, a Democrat, is up to the task.

Earlier this year, the Obama administration began rewarding its union friends and others with an escape from the clutches of Obamacare. Now one of the most outspoken Obamacare supporters - the man who actually said, “I wrote the bill … the bill and I are one” wants his own “get out of jail free” card from this abominable law.

Moments of unmistakable clarity may not always find their way to the president’s teleprompter, but occasionally, the curtains are pulled back on “the most open and transparent [administration] in history” to reveal what its footsoldiers think of their own law. This conflict between politicians’ words and deeds is nothing new, of course, nor is the selective enforcement of bad laws.

In 2007, the Association for Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), the defunct leftist group with close ties to President Obama, was a vigorous proponent of the “living wage,” a euphemism for increasing the minimum wage. Long before the organization collapsed in the wake of group leaders exposing themselves as eager enablers of child prostitution and reorganized under a new name, ACORN sought an exemption - its own waiver - from the minimum-wage laws it professed to love.

Ironically, the community organizers had their own moment of clarity about the destructive nature of minimum-wage laws: “The more that ACORN must pay each individual outreach worker - whether because of minimum wage or overtime requirements - the fewer outreach workers it will be able to hire.” Finally grasping the inescapable reality that minimum-wage laws increase unemployment, these big-government types refused to abandon their pursuit of the destructive laws and instead simply wanted an exemption from them, an uneven playing field, instead of better laws that would benefit all Americans.

Fast-forward four years, and the community organizer in the White House evidently has had his own moment of clarity about the unholy health care law that bears his name. Obamacare is already leaving a trail of destruction. Despite promises to the contrary, Mr. Obama’s own Medicare chief actuary estimates that up to 20 million Americans may lose their current health insurance. Despite promises to the contrary, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimates Obamacare will destroy 800,000 jobs. Despite promises to the contrary, Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius recently admitted cooking the books by double-counting $500 billion toward both Medicare savings and Obamacare implementation funds and admitted that a major program within Obamacare, the CLASS Act, is - in her words - “totally unsustainable.” As a direct result of this government takeover, many insurance companies already have been forced to raise their premiums or drop out of the Medicare Advantage program, while others no longer offer policies for children, and still others have simply closed their doors.

So how does the White House respond to this unraveling? With more waivers. HHS acknowledges issuing 1,040 “get out of jail free” cards to unions and other friends. Five states have been graced with their very own Obamacare waivers, including Massachusetts, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee and, newest pampered friend, Maine. Why Maine? According to the administration, Obamacare “has a reasonable likelihood of destabilizing the Maine individual health insurance market.”

If you happen to live in one of the other 45 states, don’t worry. The same administration that predicted its $787 billion so-called “stimulus” spending spree would keep unemployment below 8 percent predicts that you’ll be just fine.

Sweetheart deals for friends is nothing new when it comes to Obamacare. Just ask Nebraska Sen. Ben Nelson or Louisiana Sen. Mary L. Landrieu, both Democrats, who struck their respective Cornhusker Kickback and Louisiana Purchase backroom deals. Or ask AARP. The interest organization for persons age 50 and older endorsed Obamacare - despite $500 billion in Medicare cuts - and was rewarded with a tax exemption on its highly lucrative Medigap policies. Or ask the American Medical Association. The AMA may represent just 17 percent of American doctors, but it endorsed Obamacare despite the fact that the majority of doctors oppose it, and the AMA will keep the government as a customer in its lucrative ICD-9 diagnosis-coding business.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/mar/25/now-even-the-loudest-obamacare-cheerleader-wants-o/

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__rj0oqOnu7o/S685SR1AffI/AAAAAAAABz4/TOFoBror7Aw/s400/3495557274_77e3a2bcd1.jpg

Crossroads GPS, a conservative advocacy organization, just wanted to know about the waivers the Health and Human Services Department was issuing on health care reform. Claiming their Freedom of Information Act requests were getting stonewalled, the organization is suing. “Until President Obama is willing to grant the entire country a waiver from Obamacare, his administration needs to come clean on how they decide who wins and loses in the waiver lottery,” Steven Law, president of Crossroads GPS, said in a statement. Crossroads GPS and American Crossroads were key players in the midterm elections, raising millions for Republican congressional candidates.