PDA

View Full Version : Football Players File Antitrust Lawsuit (Brady, Manning, Brees, Vrabel, & more)

DA_T_84
03-11-2011, 05:17 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/11/tom-brady-peyton-manning-drew-brees-seven-others-file-antitrust-suit/

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, seven others file antitrust suit
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 11, 2011, 7:03 PM EST

Ten players, including Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees, have filed an antitrust lawsuit against the NFL, seeking to prevent the owners from locking the players out.

The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court immediately after the players’ union decertified on Friday.

The players have asked for an injunction that would keep the league operating and stop the teams from a lockout when the current Collective Bargaining Agreement expires, at midnight.

The other players named in the lawsuit are Vincent Jackson, Ben Leber, Logan Mankins, Brian Robison, Osi Umenyiora, Mike Vrabel and Texas A&M linebacker Von Miller.

Rain Man
03-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Von Miller's draft stock just went down. And who the heck is Brian Robison?

DA_T_84
03-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Hey, Von, please drop to 21 kthnx

-King-
03-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Von Miller's draft stock just went down. And who the heck is Brian Robison?

Vikings backup DE.

Fumblerooski
03-12-2011, 07:48 AM
PDF of the 52 page lawsuit here...

http://bit.ly/gkTonM

AndChiefs
03-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Hey, Von, please drop to 21 kthnx

This.

Ebolapox
03-12-2011, 08:21 AM
f*ck you, mike vrabel. not so much for this (you're just an asshole anyway), but for your play on the field the last two years. fuck you, mike vrabel. fuck you, fuck you, and suck cock.

gblowfish
03-12-2011, 08:23 AM
Meanwhile, I'm still paying off my 2011 tickets.
Hooo Boy...

FAX
03-12-2011, 08:45 AM
I was wondering what would happen if ants were the size of the average Holstein cow.

Since an adult Holstein weighs in at around 1400 pounds or so, that would be a pretty darn good-sized ant. And, because ants can carry 50 times their body weight, the average giant ant could carry about 70,000 pounds. This means that, on any given day, it wouldn't be unusual to see an ant hauling around a fully-loaded concrete delivery truck or your house or about 6 Walmart shoppers. It seems like nothing would be safe. Like, for example, you wake up one morning, walk outside, and find that your SUV has been carted off by some giant friggin' ant. Another obvious problem is that ants aren't easily domesticated and you can't reason with an ant ... at least I've never been able to. Then there's the potential issue of ant farms. Ant farms would have to be the size of Siberia, so the days of just ordering your ant farm off the internet would be over. All in all, I don't think it would be good to have giant ants like that.

FAX

Lonewolf Ed
03-12-2011, 09:07 AM
I was wondering what would happen if ants were the size of the average Holstein cow.

Since an adult Holstein weighs in at around 1400 pounds or so, that would be a pretty darn good-sized ant. And, because ants can carry 50 times their body weight, the average giant ant could carry about 70,000 pounds. This means that, on any given day, it wouldn't be unusual to see an ant hauling around a fully-loaded concrete delivery truck or your house or about 6 Walmart shoppers. It seems like nothing would be safe. Like, for example, you wake up one morning, walk outside, and find that your SUV has been carted off by some giant friggin' ant. Another obvious problem is that ants aren't easily domesticated and you can't reason with an ant ... at least I've never been able to. Then there's the potential issue of ant farms. Ant farms would have to be the size of Siberia, so the days of just ordering your ant farm off the internet would be over. All in all, I don't think it would be good to have giant ants like that.

FAX

The solution is clear: giant cans of Raid.

Okie_Apparition
03-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Owner's jerseys are already on sale at Wal-mart. The jersey #s are the team's net worth. They are not selling.

kcfanXIII
03-12-2011, 09:43 AM
A very sad day for football fans. To both sides: it is both of your faults. I know the owners and NFLPA will both try to convince you the other side is being unreasonable. Truth is neither the owners nor the players could get a deal done that was mutually acceptable. Nothing pissed me off more then billionaires who bitch about how hard they have it, but the players stepping away from the negotiations is a load of crap too.

WV
03-12-2011, 10:02 AM
You know I will miss it when the season starts, but I've come to the conclusion that if the season isn't important enough for them to come to an agreement......fuck all of them.

salame
03-12-2011, 10:03 AM
man fuck this shit

KCChiefsFan88
03-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Nothing to see here... just let the rhetoric and the court drama pass.

By August, when the threat of games being missed is real, a deal will get done.

Until then... who cares. The Chiefs are never active in free agency anyway so this March is no different than any other March in KC.

Brock
03-12-2011, 10:09 AM
PDF of the 52 page lawsuit here...

http://bit.ly/gkTonM

Interesting reading.

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Nothing to see here... just let the rhetoric and the court drama pass.

By August, when the threat of games being missed is real, a deal will get done.

Until then... who cares. The Chiefs are never active in free agency anyway so this March is no different than any other March in KC.
I hate to agree with a moron, but I agree with this moron.

DRU
03-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Meanwhile, I'm still paying off my 2011 tickets.
Hooo Boy...

Me too, and I'm a little confused about that right now. If there is no football is our money just going towards the next actual season...do we get it back...or what?

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Me too, and I'm a little confused about that right now. If there is no football is our money just going towards the next actual season...do we get it back...or what?
ROFL

bevischief
03-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Don't care switch side... Both are dumbas@s at this point.

Trevo_410
03-12-2011, 06:25 PM
so,,, what the future of chiefsplanet if we have no nfl season next year?

next year.. are we going be sportingkc,,,planet?