PDA

View Full Version : Football Will there or won't there be a season in 2011?

Gracie Dean
03-12-2011, 09:55 PM
would they put in scrubs?

might there be a shortened season

This would really suck!

BryanBusby
03-12-2011, 09:57 PM
One way or another, there will be a full season. Neither side can really afford to lose an entire year of income.

Baconeater
03-12-2011, 09:59 PM
I'd be shocked if any games at all were missed.

SPchief
03-12-2011, 10:13 PM
I'll beat Gochiefs on this but:

Sweet! Another Noswad thread where the topic has allready been discussed

Shogun
03-12-2011, 10:14 PM

This would really suck!

They have locked out players, I don't think there can be any scrubs

Gracie Dean
03-12-2011, 10:24 PM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

educate me, I am not familiar with all the many angles of this. I truly don't understand what is going on. I JUST want to know will there or won't there be football.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-12-2011, 10:26 PM

educate me, I am not familiar with all the many angles of this. I truly don't understand what is going on. I JUST want to know will there or won't there be football.

A good place to start might be the two threads, with 400 and 200 posts respectively, that discuss this.

Gracie Dean
03-12-2011, 10:29 PM
A good place to start might be the two threads, with 400 and 200 posts respectively, that discuss this.

have you ever thought that MAYBE that would be a little overwhelming???

I just figured some of you genius guys could easily explain things.

BIG_DADDY
03-12-2011, 10:38 PM

Someone is having control issues.

Okie_Apparition
03-12-2011, 10:43 PM
They've got about 58 weeks to squeeze in about 19 rounds of games. That's if they need to have the Super Bowl before the 2012 draft.

BIG_DADDY
03-12-2011, 10:47 PM
I will go to games and buy season pass only if the owners 86 the union, period.

Easy 6
03-12-2011, 11:40 PM
NO.

what a truly x infinity terrible thought, i'm in the first stage of denial... :spock:

|Zach|
03-12-2011, 11:41 PM

Reading?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-13-2011, 12:36 AM

Yes, but apparently it's impossible for any of us to explain it in the threads already related to the subject.

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2011, 01:27 AM
Yes, but apparently it's impossible for any of us to explain it in the threads already related to the subject.

Demonpens just needs to draw pictures in order to explain everything that's happening to anyone with questions.

Well, except for Sauto.

Slainte
03-13-2011, 05:13 AM
Reading?

I know; Hey, reading is overwhelming.

For a TEACHER!!!

LMAO

Gracie Dean
03-13-2011, 08:32 AM
In other words, you can't expalin it so you would rather make fun of things

I see.

milkman
03-13-2011, 08:36 AM
They might play football.

They might not.

See, that's easy.

KCChiefsFan88
03-13-2011, 08:50 AM
There will be a 2011 season. It may start later than usual... but there will be a complete season.

JASONSAUTO
03-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Demonpens just needs to draw pictures in order to explain everything that's happening to anyone with questions.

Well, except for Sauto. yeah fuck you dane. You have been WRONG on enough shit in that thread that you have nothing to throw at me.

why didn't you throw austinchief in there too. We both made quite a few of the same points reading back through the thread.

Hell a couple of times we said the same thing at the exact same time.
Posted via Mobile Device

JASONSAUTO
03-13-2011, 09:13 AM
What about the lawsuit having nothing to do eith a rookie wage scale? I was wrong. I read wrong, misunderstood, something. I COULDN'T be right.

Then espn was wrong.

Now this morning, or last night your time, you day it is in the lawsuit.

Fuck you
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
03-13-2011, 09:15 AM
I do not believe there will be a 2011 NFL season.

tmax63
03-13-2011, 09:29 AM
Unless the courts get involved and force some issues I expect it to be a partial season at best. Now that worst-case scenario has happened I fully expect both sides to dig in their heels and not budge until money lost forces the issue. The owners lose money but not big money until games are cancelled. Some/most players will be hurting first (IMHO) because I don't think they manage their money as good as the owners in general. Unfortunately, neither give a rat's ass about the fans and killing the golden goose that football has been for the last 20 years for both.

Rams Fan
03-13-2011, 09:29 AM
Yes, there will be a college football season in 2011.

milkman
03-13-2011, 09:34 AM
Unless the courts get involved and force some issues I expect it to be a partial season at best. Now that worst-case scenario has happened I fully expect both sides to dig in their heels and not budge until money lost forces the issue. The owners lose money but not big money until games are cancelled. Some/most players will be hurting first (IMHO) because I don't think they manage their money as good as the owners in general. Unfortunately, neither give a rat's ass about the fans and killing the golden goose that football has been for the last 20 years for both.

Players don't get paychecks until the season starts anyway.

The only money they'll be losing between now and the start of the season will be the per diem checks they earn while at camps.

Neither side will begin to feel the financial crunch until games are missed.

Bowser
03-13-2011, 09:57 AM
I do not believe there will be a 2011 NFL season.

Interesting. Gotta disagree with you. There's just entirely too much money to be lost on both sides for there not to be a season.

OnTheWarpath58
03-13-2011, 10:11 AM

Reading?

I know; Hey, reading is overwhelming.

For a TEACHER!!!

LMAO

They might play football.

They might not.

See, that's easy.

ROFL

Holy shit.

Dave Lane
03-13-2011, 10:13 AM
I will go to games and buy season pass only if the owners 86 the union, period.

And I will go only if the players 86 the owners.

:)

Rams Fan
03-13-2011, 10:14 AM
ROFL

Holy shit.

Did you see googlegoogle go nuclear?

kstater
03-13-2011, 10:15 AM

This is why you're a bad poster.

Proper wording should have been: "Did you see googlegoogle go Chernobyl."

gblowfish
03-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Clifford Franklin says: Bring it on!
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ozGNfNsnX6g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OnTheWarpath58
03-13-2011, 10:18 AM

Yeah, seems like CP scored the Hat Trick with dipshittery the past few days.

Google's "meltdown," Noswad's attention whoring and a few posters having no fucking clue about the CBA negotiations, yet acting as if they are Roger fucking Goodell. #not winning

This is why you're a bad poster.

Proper wording should have been: "Did you see googlegoogle go Chernobyl."

LMAO

Well played.

Rams Fan
03-13-2011, 10:21 AM

Google's "meltdown," Noswad's attention whoring and a few posters having no ****ing clue about the CBA negotiations, yet acting as if they are Roger ****ing Goodell. #not winning

I thought the best part of google's meltdown was him thinking Sofa King was a mod.ROFL

luv
03-13-2011, 10:22 AM
I thought the best part of google's meltdown was him thinking Sofa King was a mod.ROFL

I have him on ignore, so I completely missed it. Link?

Rams Fan
03-13-2011, 10:25 AM
I have him on ignore, so I completely missed it. Link?

He started whining about how he lost the ability to start threads and he said he was banned. It gets interesting after DaFace makes this post:http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7484649#post7484649

After that, it's a huge pile on after googlegoogle gets even more pissed.

luv
03-13-2011, 10:56 AM
He started whining about how he lost the ability to start threads and he said he was banned. It gets interesting after DaFace makes this post:http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7484649#post7484649

After that, it's a huge pile on after googlegoogle gets even more pissed.

I wonders if he knows that "bullshit" is not on the list of filtered words as long as he changes his options to Full Featured - unfiltered?

Everyone should start telling him they're mods, too.

milkman
03-13-2011, 10:59 AM

Google's "meltdown," Noswad's attention whoring and a few posters having no ****ing clue about the CBA negotiations, yet acting as if they are Roger ****ing Goodell. #not winning

LMAO

Well played.

We're all better than Roger Goodell.

You know why?

Our paychecks are bigger than his now.

Dark Horse
03-13-2011, 05:00 PM

This would really suck!

One thing the oil companies have taught me. Never under estimate the power of greed.

Hog Farmer
03-13-2011, 05:10 PM
I can guarantee you it's definite.

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Yes