PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues Jewish couple and three children killed in West Bank

petegz28
03-14-2011, 07:36 AM
(Reuters) - A Jewish couple and three of their children were stabbed to death in bed in a West Bank settlement in what Israeli officials said Saturday was an attack by one or more Palestinians who broke into their home.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/12/us-palestinians-israel-violence-idUSTRE72B0B920110312

More of the religion of peace on display. This is why I have a hard time feeling any sympathy for these people.

BucEyedPea
03-14-2011, 07:47 AM
I see a dispute over land, originallly created by the West, that has resulted in armed conflict between the people that live there. One side too poor to have an army. Nothing new.

petegz28
03-14-2011, 07:56 AM
I see a dispute over land, originallly created by the West, that has resulted in armed conflict between the people that live there. One side too poor to have an army. Nothing new.

Ah yes, the murder of innocent people, including children is now justified. Thanks, BEP.

BucEyedPea
03-14-2011, 08:05 AM
Ah yes, the murder of innocent people, including children is now justified. Thanks, BEP.

If they're living on contested settlements—they are NOT innocent. If they're a democracy that votes for their leaders they are NOT completely innocent. They're there and they took the risk on their own volition.
Now Israel plans on expanding the settlements and there will be even more.

Besides innocent people get killed in wars. Civilians being targets has increasingly been done since the 20th century. We've killed civilians too in Iraq and Afghanistan and it hasn't always been collateral damage either. Both sides do wrong in a war.
This is a civilian war or at least an army against civilian warriors.

HonestChieffan
03-14-2011, 08:38 AM
The family has the graphic photos available so everyone can see what these animals did to the family. Sick bastards every one of them. And the media is more interested in Obama's golf game.

ClevelandBronco
03-14-2011, 08:54 AM
If they're living on contested settlements—they are NOT innocent. If they're a democracy that votes for their leaders they are NOT completely innocent. They're there and they took the risk on their own volition.

Y'know. Like all of Spain, for instance.

HonestChieffan
03-14-2011, 09:07 AM
http://translating-jihad.blogspot.com/2011/03/hamas-praises-savage-attack-on-jewish.html

Cair and The Obama element silently approves.

Saul Good
03-14-2011, 09:09 AM

Besides innocent people get killed in wars. Civilians being targets has increasingly been done since the 20th century. We've killed civilians too in Iraq and Afghanistan and it hasn't always been collateral damage either. Both sides do wrong in a war.

Those damned kids are not innocent. They deserved to be butchered.

Of course, the same can be said for the SW United States. That territory is contested, too.

ClevelandBronco
03-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Oh, shit. The Lakota would like a word.

go bowe
03-14-2011, 01:50 PM
http://translating-jihad.blogspot.com/2011/03/hamas-praises-savage-attack-on-jewish.html

Cair and The Obama element silently approves.what obama element are you talking about?

do you really believe there are people in the obama administration who approve of the murder of a whole family?

do you believe that any obama supporters and/or liberals on this board approve of such atrocities?

and silence = appoval?

geebus, i guess i don't know what you mean...

care to elaborate? /donger

Saul Good
03-14-2011, 01:51 PM
what obama element are you talking about?

do you really believe there are people in the obama administration who approve of the murder of a whole family?

do you believe that any obama supporters and/or liberals on this board approve of such atrocities?

and silence = appoval?

geebus, i guess i don't know what you mean...

care to elaborate? /donger

I don't know about Obama, but Frankie thinks it's all good because Christians committed religious violence in the 1700s.

ClevelandBronco
03-14-2011, 01:53 PM

Frankie, — Sorry. I mean — frankly, yes.

Jaric
03-14-2011, 02:00 PM
I don't know about Obama, but Frankie thinks it's all good because Christians committed religious violence in the 1700s.

I could be wrong, but I think the point he was trying to make was that just because these Muslims suck, that doesn't mean all Muslims suck. In other words, it's not fair to brand the many with the crimes of the few.

If that's the case, I agree with him.

Saul Good
03-14-2011, 02:03 PM
I could be wrong, but I think the point he was trying to make was that just because these Muslims suck, that doesn't mean all Muslims suck. In other words, it's not fair to brand the many with the crimes of the few.

If that's the case, I agree with him.[/QUOTE]

His first comment about the attack was:
Have you bothered to google pictures of Palistinian children in the aftermath of Israeli bombings?

For the record, I hereby condemn all of the witch-burnings.

Jaric
03-14-2011, 02:09 PM
His first comment about the attack was:

Again, pretty sure his point was that Muslims aren't the only one's who engage in this kind of violence. Not that it was OK for these kids to die because other kids died somewhere else. If that's not his point, it's pretty fucked up.

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but the general opinion of the board here seems to be that because some Muslims suck, all Muslims suck. I don't personally buy that. That doesn't mean I love terrorists. It just means I'm not willing to condemn an entire religion because some of those who practice it are fucked up.

ClevelandBronco
03-14-2011, 02:10 PM
Maybe I'm wrong on this, but the general opinion of the board here seems to be that because some Muslims suck, all Muslims suck. I don't personally buy that. That doesn't mean I love terrorists. It just means I'm not willing to condemn an entire religion because some of those who practice it are ****ed up.

My opinion is that because there are a billion and a half of them, millions of Muslims suck.

HonestChieffan
03-14-2011, 02:14 PM
http://af.reuters.com/article/topNews/idAFJOE72D0GF20110314

Nigeria....

chiefsnorth
03-14-2011, 02:18 PM
My opinion is that because there are a billion and a half of them, millions of Muslims suck.

They tend not to suck so much when they are a minority. In places where they are not a minority the more devout take over and the religion's 6th century mores start to show through.

Saul Good
03-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Again, pretty sure his point was that Muslims aren't the only one's who engage in this kind of violence. Not that it was OK for these kids to die because other kids died somewhere else. If that's not his point, it's pretty fucked up.

Maybe I'm wrong on this, but the general opinion of the board here seems to be that because some Muslims suck, all Muslims suck. I don't personally buy that. That doesn't mean I love terrorists. It just means I'm not willing to condemn an entire religion because some of those who practice it are fucked up.

There are better ways to say that than to hark back to the 1700s.

In a civilized society, people like Fred Phelps are ostracized and shunned. They have to have police security at all times in order to protect them from public scorn. (Yes, I believe that there is a place for vigilante justice in a civilized society.) Fred Phelps and his ilk never did anything approaching what happened in the West Bank.

What was the response? Did Muslims protest? Did they string up the murderer(s)? No. They celebrated and passed out candy. Fuck these assholes committing these acts and fuck anyone who tries to use relativism to gloss over their acts.

Jaric
03-14-2011, 02:33 PM
There are better ways to say that than to hark back to the 1700s.

In a civilized society, people like Fred Phelps are ostracized and shunned. They have to have police security at all times in order to protect them from public scorn. (Yes, I believe that there is a place for vigilante justice in a civilized society.) Fred Phelps and his ilk never did anything approaching what happened in the West Bank.

What was the response? Did Muslims protest? Did they string up the murderer(s)? No. They celebrated and passed out candy. **** these assholes committing these acts and **** anyone who tries to use relativism to gloss over their acts.

Imagine for a minute if Fred Phelps and his group of merry assholes were running the country you lived in. What would you response be when they did something? I'm not trying to condone the behavior, only that it's a bit of an apples to oranges thing.

I'm not denying that some Muslims suck (specifically the ones who do this kind of shit). Some Christians suck too, same with Jews. It's not fair to believe they all suck because some of them do. That's the point. At least it's mine, I won't speak for Frankie anymore.

I've personally had it with all these morons killing each other regardless of whatever their fucking religion is.

BucEyedPea
03-14-2011, 04:04 PM

For that matter, many Christians are thoroughly anti-Muslim for committing violence during the Muslim conquest circa 700s. Hence their claims that the Muslims are expansionist beyond their own lands for a calaphite. It's a mirror image. The bad blood between the two is historic. The odd thing is the Jews got along better with them than the Christians and the Christian did more harm to Jews over a longer period of time. Is it really neccessary to use history to prove superiority?

BucEyedPea
03-14-2011, 04:08 PM
Those damned kids are not innocent. They deserved to be butchered.

Of course, the same can be said for the SW United States. That territory is contested, too.

No, there is a war going on there. End of story.

patteeu
03-14-2011, 08:17 PM

Osama bin Laden should hire you as a fatwa writer.

patteeu
03-14-2011, 08:22 PM

If that's the case, I agree with him.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see Frankie say anything like that. What I saw him say was rather than pass judgment one way or the other on these, perhaps justified, killings, I'll just say that Israel kills palestinians.

Saul Good
03-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Imagine for a minute if Fred Phelps and his group of merry assholes were running the country you lived in. What would you response be when they did something? I'm not trying to condone the behavior, only that it's a bit of an apples to oranges thing.

That may be so (although I doubt it). Either way, Frankie doesn't live in Iran any more. He has the luxury of living in a country not run by that group of assholes, and he still refuses to unequivocally denounce these actions.

HonestChieffan
03-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Frankie would defend this because of Joan of Arc. Those children would grow up to be adult Jews so its ok.

Its a madness.

Direckshun
03-14-2011, 11:05 PM
There are sad stories, and there are nightmares on earth.

Sad, sad, sad.

ClevelandBronco
03-14-2011, 11:26 PM

Sad, sad, sad.

I find this short lament quite touching. Assuming it's yours, I hope you use it for something larger some time. It would be a fine title for a book of essays or photographs.

go bowe
03-14-2011, 11:50 PM
Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see Frankie say anything like that. What I saw him say was rather than pass judgment one way or the other on these, perhaps justified, killings, I'll just say that Israel kills palestinians.fwiw, abbas strongly condemned the murders...

of course hamas praised the murderers...

killing civilians is always wrong, no matter who does the killing...

and i don't think frankie disagrees with that...

what do you say, frankie?

The Mad Crapper
03-15-2011, 05:51 AM

Sad, sad, sad.

Helter Skelter is coming down fast, whitey!

HonestChieffan
03-15-2011, 09:28 AM
http://www.investigativeproject.org/2688/israelis-seize-ship-carrying-iranian-arms

Iran supplying the Hamas killers. Obama will say squat.

patteeu
03-15-2011, 09:39 AM
http://www.investigativeproject.org/2688/israelis-seize-ship-carrying-iranian-arms

Iran supplying the Hamas killers. Obama will say squat.

Frankie will point out that the IDF is well armed and that they get some of their military hardware from the US.

patteeu
03-15-2011, 10:41 AM
fwiw, abbas strongly condemned the murders...

of course hamas praised the murderers...

killing civilians is always wrong, no matter who does the killing...

and i don't think frankie disagrees with that...

what do you say, frankie?

*crickets*

chiefsnorth
03-15-2011, 10:53 AM
*crickets*

If he is middle eastern as I understand that he is, you can still blame him for the bigotry but you also can understand why he harbors it. People there are often raised steeped in a level of hatred for Jews that people in the west have a hard time understanding.

Even if you grew up the son of a klansman or something, even then you probably wouldn't have heard as a matter of course that a whole race should be systematically exterminated, that the government should make it's primary goal that of carrying this out and driving them all into the sea. Growing up in Missouri I was related to some renowned racists, truly hateful people, but they would not have advocates stabbing a black baby to death, which Frankie seems to be excusing here. They were all deeply racist, believing blacks to be far inferior beings, but most of them were more like separatists, segregationists, or they thought they should all go back to Africa and hated interracial dating and such. They weren't killers.

That is a whole other level and is pretty demonstrative. In America the hate we think is the worst out there is for the most part nothing compared to what people in that part of the world are ingrained with. It causes deep psychological scarring that probably never heals completely.

Saul Good
03-15-2011, 11:07 AM
If he is middle eastern as I understand that he is, you can still blame him for the bigotry but you also can understand why he harbors it. People there are often raised steeped in a level of hatred for Jews that people in the west have a hard time understanding.

Even if you grew up the son of a klansman or something, even then you probably wouldn't have heard as a matter of course that a whole race should be systematically exterminated, that the government should make it's primary goal that of carrying this out and driving them all into the sea. Growing up in Missouri I was related to some renowned racists, truly hateful people, but they would not have advocates stabbing a black baby to death, which Frankie seems to be excusing here. They were all deeply racist, believing blacks to be far inferior beings, but most of them were more like separatists, segregationists, or they thought they should all go back to Africa and hated interracial dating and such. They weren't killers.

That is a whole other level and is pretty demonstrative. In America the hate we think is the worst out there is for the most part nothing compared to what people in that part of the world are ingrained with. It causes deep psychological scarring that probably never heals completely.

It's pretty amazing when white separatists seem like a bunch of milqetoast moderates when compared to another group of hate-mongers.

chiefsnorth
03-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Indeed. The media never pulls up the angle. See: the celebrations of the act this thread is about