PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Cheesecake...Best dessert ever

mlyonsd
03-14-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm not a fan of cookies, cake, ice cream.

But cheesecake is the bomb.

If someone out there wants to make 10 billion dollars they should figure out a way to deep fat fry it.

Of course since I posted this and gave you the idea I'll only expect a normal 10% royalty fee.

Just Passin' By
03-14-2011, 09:44 PM

If someone out there wants to make 10 billion dollars they should figure out a way to deep fat fry it.

Of course since I posted this and gave you the idea I'll only expect a normal 10% royalty fee.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/deep-fried-cheesecake-recipe/index.html

More with Google:

http://www.google.com/search?q=deep+fried+cheesecake&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

SNR
03-14-2011, 09:46 PM
I like cookies and (most) ice cream just fine. I'll never order them at a restaurant or anything, but if I need a quick junk food grab, I'll sometimes go there.

But you're 100% right. Cheesecake is the greatest dessert known to man.

Count Alex's Losses
03-14-2011, 09:49 PM
<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/42oUVwyFsZI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/42oUVwyFsZI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

rockymtnchief
03-14-2011, 09:50 PM
I used to know a gal that made different flavor cheesecakes for various resteraunts. She'd use me as her guinea pig when she came up with different recipes. She must've had 50+ different ways to make the stuff. I sure miss that woman!

mlyonsd
03-14-2011, 09:51 PM
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/deep-fried-cheesecake-recipe/index.html

More with Google:

http://www.google.com/search?q=deep+fried+cheesecake&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Ha, I knew I could get someone to do my research. :toast:

Baconeater
03-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Oh hell yes, make mine with the chocolate crumb crust topped with raspberries.

BigMeatballDave
03-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Plain, New York style is the best.

NewChief
03-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Yeah. Lots of deep fried cheesecakes out there. But yes, I love the stuff.

BigMeatballDave
03-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Oh hell yes, make mine with the chocolate crumb crust topped with raspberries.:Lin: You ruined it.

Al Bundy
03-14-2011, 09:55 PM
I am a fan of Blueberry Cheesecake.

Count Alex's Losses
03-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Hope they have deep fried cheesecake at the Houston rodeo. Going later this week. Carb up day. :p

CHENZ A!
03-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Cheesecake can't even begin to fuck with Pecan Pie. That, is the KING of all deserts.

mlyonsd
03-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Yeah. Lots of deep fried cheesecakes out there. But yes, I love the stuff.Do you remember the old McDonald's fried apple pies? I'm looking for that crust on a cheesecake bite.

Just Passin' By
03-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Cheesecake can't even begin to **** with Pecan Pie. That, is the KING of all deserts.

Here you go.... best of both worlds:

http://food.sndimg.com/img/recipes/54/42/6/large/picPtkhTn.jpg

http://www.food.com/recipe/pecan-pie-cheesecake-54426

mlyonsd
03-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Cheesecake can't even begin to **** with Pecan Pie. That, is the KING of all deserts.
At Thanksgiving I'd agree.

mlyonsd
03-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Here you go.... best of both worlds:

http://food.sndimg.com/img/recipes/54/42/6/large/picPtkhTn.jpg

http://www.food.com/recipe/pecan-pie-cheesecake-54426

That looks like a pile of shit on top of a pile of shit.

Rain Man
03-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Oh hell yes, make mine with the chocolate crumb crust topped with raspberries.

I have a chocolate raspberry cheesecake recipe that I make once every five years or so, because if I made it more often my world would grind to a halt.

KcMizzou
Cheesecake can't even begin to **** with Pecan Pie. That, is the KING of all deserts.Pecan Pie is 1b... (still amazing)

I have to agree though Cheesecake is the best. #1A

I have to avoid them, because I'll eat the whole damned thing.

BigMeatballDave
Cheesecake can't even begin to fuck with Pecan Pie. That, is the KING of all deserts.Craptastic

Al Bundy
03-14-2011, 10:06 PM

No way Jose.... THIS is where the desert discussion begins and ends.
http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2008/03/31/PA1202_Lime-Blueberry-Tiramisu_lg.jpg

Baconeater
03-14-2011, 10:07 PM
:Lin: You ruined it.
Eh, strawberries, cherries..it's all good. Just NO FUCKING PECANS.

Rain Man
03-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Pecan pie is not even a dessert. It's a legume or something.

Top desserts of all time: Lemon meringue pie, key lime pie, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cake. Wrap a thumb around them and you have a flaming fist of delight.

BigMeatballDave
03-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Eh, strawberries, cherries..it's all good. Just NO FUCKING PECANS.Cherries are good on Cheesecake. Pecans arent good on anything.

mlyonsd
03-14-2011, 10:11 PM
I have a chocolate raspberry cheesecake recipe that I make once every five years or so, because if I made it more often my world would grind to a halt.

You should pm me the recipe. The wife makes a new recipe once a month.

Of course we'll be happy to give you 50% royalties when it hits the Food Network.

patteeu
03-14-2011, 10:11 PM
I like cheesecake a lot too. Strawberry topped cheesecake is my favorite.

On the subject of the deep fried version, Sonic had deep fried cheesecake bites for a while and they were decent for a fast food version.

If you haven't ever been to a Cheesecake Factory restaurant, you should make it a point to find one sometime.

luv
03-14-2011, 10:12 PM
TGIFriday's actually has close to the best vanilla bean cheesecake I've ever had. My favorite would be a three-way tie between:

Regular cheesecake with strawberries
White chocolate raspberry truffle cheesecake
Banana cream cheesecake

yhf
03-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Easy now. My wife wooed me with a pecan pie (haven't had a pecan pie since). Six years later I dunno what else I saw in the chick . Not sayin pecan pie is the end all be all but don't EVER underestimate the power of the pecan pie.

luv
03-14-2011, 10:13 PM

On the subject of the deep fried version, Sonic had deep fried cheesecake bites for a while and they were decent for a fast food version.

If you haven't ever been to a Cheesecake Factory restaurant, you should make it a point to find one sometime.

I always seem to find myself in the one on the Plaza. Never actually eaten there. I've always bought a slice or two of cheesecake to take back to my hotel.

patteeu
03-14-2011, 10:15 PM
I always seem to find myself in the one on the Plaza. Never actually eaten there. I've always bought a slice or two of cheesecake to take back to my hotel.

They've got a huge menu with some pretty decent dishes on it, but really, the only thing to go out of the way for is their cheesecake so you've experienced the highlight.

BigMeatballDave
Anyone ever eaten Tiramisu?

Its very good, but VERY rich. You just cannot each too much.

KcMizzou
Pecan pie is not even a dessert. It's a legume or something.

Top desserts of all time: Lemon meringue pie, key lime pie, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cake. Wrap a thumb around them and you have a flaming fist of delight.Like mlyonsd, I'm not a big sweets guy.

For instance, I'd take sausage links and scrambled eggs over pancakes and syrup 10 times out of 10.

I generally prefer savory over sweet. But that damned cheesecake....

Baconeater
03-14-2011, 10:16 PM

I went there once, and ironically, I didn't have any cheesecake.

kysirsoze
03-14-2011, 10:17 PM
I always like to try new cheesecakes. (Apples pie cheesecake might be the best of the combos, IMO)

Still, it's hard to beat a perfect, plain cheesecake with black coffee.

kysirsoze
03-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Anyone ever eaten Tiramisu?

Its very good, but VERY rich. You just cannot each too much.

OOO....good one. Bread pudding is fantastic as well.

|Zach|
03-14-2011, 10:18 PM
I know this is sacreligious but I am not a huge fan of cheesecake. I rarely order it.

I don't hate it or anything I just find other desserts to be superior. I usually have a few bites and its like meh ok...thats enough.

luv
They've got a huge menu with some pretty decent dishes on it, but really, the only thing to go out of the way for is their cheesecake so you've experienced the highlight.

I've heard their food is a lot like overpriced Applebee's. I do like Applebee's though. Anyway, I typically eat at the Jack Stack right there, then walk over to grab some cheesecake for dessert.

patteeu

That's like going to Gates for the macaroni salad or the Hereford House for a salad.

kysirsoze
Like mlyonsd, I'm not a big sweets guy.

For instance, I'd take sausage links and scrambled eggs over pancakes and syrup 10 times out of 10.

I generally prefer savory over sweet. But that damned cheesecake....

I'm the same way. That might be why cheesecake appeals to me. It has that salty flavor of the cheese to balance the sweetness.

Rain Man
03-14-2011, 10:19 PM
You should pm me the recipe. The wife makes a new recipe once a month.

Of course we'll be happy to give you 50% royalties when it hits the Food Network.

Will do. I'll even post it on here. If enough people have this recipe, world peace is inevitable.

mlyonsd
The wife just pulled out a Caramel Macchiato (coffee) cheesecake out of the oven. When ready to serve to her work clan she'll put on a topping of caramel, Kahlua whipped cream, and chocolate covered espresso beans.

Her secret is every cheesecake should have some kind of liquor in it.

luv
OOO....good one. Bread pudding is fantastic as well.

Mmmm. I love bread pudding (except too many people insist on putting raisins in it). Cheesecake is the bee's knees, though.

|Zach|
That's like going to Gates for the macaroni salad or the Hereford House for a salad.

On a sort of similar note. I didn't go to Jack Stack for this but ended up having it and it was amazing.

Best carrot cake I have ever had was from Jack Stack BBQ a week or so ago. It was wow.

patteeu
I've heard their food is a lot like overpriced Applebee's. I do like Applebee's though. Anyway, I typically eat at the Jack Stack right there, then walk over to grab some cheesecake for dessert.

Sounds like a good combo to me.

BigMeatballDave
03-14-2011, 10:20 PM
They've got a huge menu with some pretty decent dishes on it, but really, the only thing to go out of the way for is their cheesecake so you've experienced the highlight.Wow. I just looked at their menu online. Looks good. I assumed they only served cheesecake. There is one about 10 miles from me.

|Zach|
Best bread pudding in Kansas City is at Ragland Road.

luv

I know where we're going on April 30th.

Rain Man
Oddly, I love cheesecake and there's a Cheesecake Factory only about six blocks down the street from my office, but I've only been in it once or twice in 15 years. Don't know why I've managed to avoid it.

Count Alex's Losses
03-14-2011, 10:22 PM
TGIFriday's actually has close to the best vanilla bean cheesecake I've ever had.

Subtle "I live in Springfield, MO" post.

Rain Man
03-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Best bread pudding in Kansas City is at Ragland Road.

Bread pudding is one of those things I don't get. I'll go out to dinner with my wife and she always orders one of those "not quite a dessert" desserts. She'll get bread pudding or creme brulee or an English trifle or some such thing when there's cake and pie on the menu, and it's part of why I don't understand women.

luv
03-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Subtle "I live in Springfield, MO" post.

Heh. I was really surprised when I tried it.

luv
03-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Bread pudding is one of those things I don't get. I'll go out to dinner with my wife and she always orders one of those "not quite a dessert" desserts. She'll get bread pudding or creme brulee or an English trifle or some such thing when there's cake and pie on the menu, and it's part of why I don't understand women.

I tried (vanilla bean) creme brulee for the first time at Emeril's in Orlando. I enjoyed it, but definitely not my favorite.

Baconeater
03-14-2011, 10:27 PM
I went there for lunch, and I don't do desserts at lunchtime.

|Zach|
03-14-2011, 10:27 PM

Grounds for divorce?

luv
03-14-2011, 10:28 PM
I went there for lunch, and I don't do desserts at lunchtime.

You will.

Baconeater
03-14-2011, 10:32 PM
You will.
I mean when I have to go back to work after lunch.

Rain Man
03-14-2011, 10:33 PM
Grounds for divorce?

Only when she suggests that we share one dessert. I don't like that suggestion to start with, and then if I hear "the bread pudding sounds good" it goes nuclear.

yhf
03-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Oddly, I love cheesecake and there's a Cheesecake Factory only about six blocks down the street from my office, but I've only been in it once or twice in 15 years. Don't know why I've managed to avoid it.

Cheesecake is the dessert of the gods.

Cheesecake Factory on the other hand is a cacophonous shithole, populated primarily by dickheads, douchebags and lost souls queuing at the trough. Still and all Cheesecake Factory does a fine job cheesecakewise. As it were.

mlyonsd
03-14-2011, 10:34 PM
If you're a chocolate fan Black Forest Cheesecake is pretty good. Has Kirsch in it.

|Zach|
03-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Only when she suggests that we share one dessert. I don't like that suggestion to start with, and then if I hear "the bread pudding sounds good" it goes nuclear.

So did you explode? Or did googlegoogle just make that up out of thin air.

Rain Man
03-14-2011, 10:43 PM
So did you explode? Or did googlegoogle just make that up out of thin air.

More of a minor meltdown. I just have to release some steam and then I'm fine.

jd1020
03-14-2011, 11:25 PM
I love cheesecake.

However, it can't top a really good bread pudding with vanilla ice cream on top, for me.

Rain Man
03-14-2011, 11:26 PM
I love cheesecake.

However, it can't top a really good bread pudding with vanilla ice cream on top, for me.

Stop flirting with my wife, you cad.

jd1020
03-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Stop flirting with my wife, you cad.

I'm doing more than flirting.

*Runs away*

Count Alex's Losses
03-14-2011, 11:42 PM
Chocolate dipped cheesecake mfers

Gonna eat it Wednesday.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_Otka8qyTnv4/SBaUwKIt3NI/AAAAAAAABKA/_K9MT_coOKo/s400/Chocolate%2BDipped%2BCheesecake%2BPops.jpg

SNR
03-14-2011, 11:46 PM
Fruit is good. Dessert is good.

Fruit desserts, however, can go die in a fire.

yhf
03-14-2011, 11:50 PM

Gonna eat it Wednesday.

That's the kind of decadence only a reformed lardass could truly appreciate. I aint throwin stones Clay, used to be I was right there with ya (minus the JW indoctrination and terminal lack of ability to attract the opposite sex). I mean I used to carry a few extra pounds as the result of gluttony just like you bud.

Count Alex's Losses
03-14-2011, 11:58 PM
That's the kind of decadence only a reformed lardass could truly appreciate. I aint throwin stones Clay, used to be I was right there with ya (minus the JW indoctrination and terminal lack of ability to attract the opposite sex). I mean I used to carry a few extra pounds as the result of gluttony just like you bud.

I have learned to control my gluttony, like the force.

ALSO I HAVE A DATE NEXT THURSDAY YOU FUCKWIT

BigMeatballDave
03-15-2011, 12:05 AM

Gonna eat it Wednesday.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_Otka8qyTnv4/SBaUwKIt3NI/AAAAAAAABKA/_K9MT_coOKo/s400/Chocolate%2BDipped%2BCheesecake%2BPops.jpgWhoa. Is that even legal?

yhf
03-15-2011, 12:05 AM
I have learned to control my gluttony, like the force.

ALSO I HAVE A DATE NEXT THURSDAY YOU ****WIT

Just teasin ya bud.

Few pointers for the Thursday date. Make no absolutely no reference to your control of the force and don't ask her if she believes her ethnicity directly influences her level of sanity. Also good luck man. Really. I can only hope that knockin off a piece might temper your occasionally obnoxious presence on the forum. Keep on pluggin brosef.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2011, 12:15 AM
Just teasin ya bud.

Few pointers for the Thursday date. Make no absolutely no reference to your control of the force and don't ask her if she believes her ethnicity directly influences her level of sanity. Also good luck man. Really. I can only hope that knockin off a piece might temper your occasionally obnoxious presence on the forum. Keep on pluggin brosef.

I told her tonight "I would kill myself if I had a gf" and she handed over her phone number so all signs point to

http://newsthatsfittoprint.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/oface.jpg

Rain Man
03-15-2011, 12:33 AM
I told her tonight "I would kill myself if I had a gf" and she handed over her phone number so all signs point to

Don't all signs point toward her wanting you to kill yourself?

DTLB58
03-15-2011, 12:33 AM

My wife makes a Carmel apple cheese cake that is amazing! She made last Thanksgiving for the first time and everyone in the family just went nuts for it. Good stuff.

Frankie
03-15-2011, 12:54 AM
Cheesecake...Best dessert ever

Unfortunately you are right. :(
:deevee:

-King-
03-15-2011, 12:56 AM
Blackberry and peach cobbler and I'm good.

Bump
03-15-2011, 01:48 AM
I think a hot brownie fresh out of the oven topped with vanilla ice cream is the best dessert one can have.

Buck
03-15-2011, 01:50 AM

Gonna eat it Wednesday.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_Otka8qyTnv4/SBaUwKIt3NI/AAAAAAAABKA/_K9MT_coOKo/s400/Chocolate%2BDipped%2BCheesecake%2BPops.jpg

You fat piece of shit.

Buck
03-15-2011, 01:50 AM
Also motherfuck this thread.

Rain Man
03-15-2011, 01:53 AM
It seems obvious that the next offseason tournament should be Dessert Wars, a head to head matchup of the best desserts this great nation offers.

ClevelandBronco
03-15-2011, 01:57 AM
If I can eat all the berries from the top, I'll leave you the cheesecake.

And there will be the peace.

blaise
03-15-2011, 05:44 AM
Hot apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream on top is the best dessert. But cheesecake does rock. I've had Key Lime Pie Cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory before and it was awesome. I love Key Lime Pie though.

KCUnited
03-15-2011, 07:28 AM
You guys want me to shake you up a couple appletinis to go with it?

luv
03-15-2011, 07:33 AM
Don't all signs point toward her wanting you to kill yourself?

LMAO

Amnorix
03-15-2011, 07:54 AM

Which is fine. While their menu is expansive, I haven't found a meal yet
that I was all THAT excited about. The cheesecake though...... *drool*

1a. Vanilla Bean
1b. Banana Cream
1c. Strawberries

blaise
03-15-2011, 07:57 AM
A dinner serving at Cheesecake Factory could feed a third world village.

Fire Me Boy!
03-15-2011, 08:54 AM
No love for baklava? :drool:

I love me some cheesecake, but pecan pie is better.

And I freakin' hate blackberries. The taste is OK, but all those little seeds are awful.