PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues Should our military be helping Japan?

petegz28
03-15-2011, 08:19 PM
I have not heard they have turned down any offers. Then again, I have not heard Obama make any offers.I seem to remember us sending troops into the America-hated Indonesia to help the binLaden t-shirt wearing crowd.

Amnorix
03-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Of course it should, and will. Japan and England have been our two most consistent, best allies since the end of WWII. We have important military bases there, which we would like to keep as they are strategically positioned.

Direckshun
03-15-2011, 08:30 PM
Of course it should, and will. Japan and England have been our two most consistent, best allies since the end of WWII. We have important military bases there, which we would like to keep as they are strategically positioned.

Well then where are they? And why isn't Michael Savage talking about them? Seems he'd talk about them if they were there.

Drone.

orange
03-15-2011, 08:32 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-20042938-503543.html
http://www.stripes.com/news/u-s-military-aid-arrives-in-japan-amid-concerns-for-nuclear-plants-1.137522
http://www.army.mil/-news/2011/03/14/53202-us-forces-provide-relief-aid-to-japan/
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-15/u-s-navy-air-crew-get-iodide-pills-for-radiation-after-japanese-mission.html

I guess your GOOGLE finger is broken.

RJ
03-15-2011, 08:33 PM
My nephew is a Marine in Okinawa, he says he's going to Tokyo to help but doesn't know with what.

So I guess we already are.

Direckshun
03-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Shit, Pete. Even Drudge is reporting this.

Amnorix
03-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Well then where are they? And why isn't Michael Savage talking about them? Seems he'd talk about them if they were there.

Drone.

They are there. I read that our choppers flew in some pallets of ....something....food or whatever.

We're doing stuff, though what I don't know.

orange
03-15-2011, 08:36 PM
You know what I heard? Since no one respects the Obama administration, Japan didn't even bother asking. :drool:

Donger
03-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Yes, without zero hesitation.

petegz28
03-15-2011, 08:42 PM
They are there. I read that our choppers flew in some pallets of ....something....food or whatever.

We're doing stuff, though what I don't know.

That's good. I haven't been able to keep up with the news lately but what I have heard didn't seem to mention anything about us helping out.

Direckshun
03-15-2011, 08:43 PM
That's good. I haven't been able to keep up with the news lately but what I have heard didn't seem to mention anything about us helping out.

ROFL

petegz28
03-15-2011, 08:46 PM
ROFL

some of us are working and don't have the time like you do, dickhead.

BucEyedPea
03-15-2011, 08:52 PM
It's NONE of our business!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MagicHef
03-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Yes, without zero hesitation.

So, we should hesitate?

|Zach|
03-15-2011, 08:56 PM

Ya know I was just talking to people during my day to day and the subject of Obama explicitly offering help and Japan accepting it never came up.

I looked over at my asshole friends and said "Why didn't you tell me?"

They looked at me and simply said, "You never asked."

chiefforlife
03-15-2011, 08:58 PM
We are helping out and we should. This is a natural disaster, not a war.

ClevelandBronco
03-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Zero hesitation.

http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/aircraft/Mitsubishi-Zero/IMAGES/Zero-Crash.jpg

WV
03-15-2011, 09:08 PM
You think it's getting as much run as Haiti did? Honestly I don't think it is, but Haiti was covered so long it may just seem that way.

Direckshun
03-15-2011, 09:09 PM
You think it's getting as much run as Haiti did? Honestly I don't think it is, but Haiti was covered so long it may just seem that way.

What do we get from Japan.

What do we get from Haiti.

And there you have it.

petegz28
03-15-2011, 09:09 PM

And there you have it.

This makes no sense at all.

Direckshun
03-15-2011, 09:10 PM
some of us are working and don't have the time like you do, dickhead.

Despite the fact you actually have twice as many posts as me... a google search would probably be a more efficient use of your incredibly rare free time.

petegz28
03-15-2011, 09:11 PM

I'm sure Obama has been to busy between his golf outings and doing his bracket to do some commercials asking for help for Japan.

petegz28
03-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Despite the fact you actually have twice as many posts as me... a google search would probably be a more efficient use of your incredibly rare free time.

Take a break, cock hole, you don't need to be a jack off 24/7.

Direckshun
03-15-2011, 09:12 PM
Take a break, cock hole, you don't need to be a jack off 24/7.

Take a bath. You reek of piss.

petegz28
03-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Take a bath. You reek of piss.

With all the dick you suck I have no doubts that the odor of piss is something you know very well.

orange
03-15-2011, 09:17 PM
I'm sure Obama has been to busy between his golf outings and doing his bracket to do some commercials asking for help for Japan.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/eeq4LTOUgF0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/eeq4LTOUgF0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

"The American humanitarian effort includes at least six navy ships..."

I guess you missed this - FOUR DAYS AGO - because you were so busy.

petegz28
03-15-2011, 09:18 PM
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/eeq4LTOUgF0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/eeq4LTOUgF0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

"The American humanitarian effort includes at least six navy ships..."

I guess you missed this - FOUR DAYS AGO - because you were so busy.

Yeah I did. I guess you missed where I said "commercials" 5 miutes ago?

Direckshun
03-15-2011, 09:19 PM
With all the dick you suck I have no doubts that the odor of piss is something you know very well.

You sit on a throne of penises.

petegz28
03-15-2011, 09:20 PM
You sit on a throne of penises.

Are you jealous or something?

RJ
03-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Cool thread!

alnorth
03-15-2011, 09:25 PM
To the "we shouldn't help anyone" folks, Japan is a little weird. When we defeated Japan and "helped" them write a new constitution, we stupidly forced them to put in writing that they would never raise an army that could be a threat to the world and that they would arrange their security with us. Since then they have put together what they call a small "self-defense force", but over the decades they have taken advantage of our stupidity by both becoming a close ally and not putting up a serious national defense, so we sort of had to put them under our defensive umbrella.

If I were emperor of America, I would put an end to this arrangement and force Japan to pay for their own defense, but even then we'd still probably have to give them a lot of advance notice.

Anyway, since we're basically Japan's army, then we are in the area anyway, so since we're in the area, we might as well help.

Direckshun
Are you jealous or something?

Ha.

WV

And there you have it.

I'm not getting it....Japan is much more important to the US economically than Haiti, so why would Haiti get more attention if they in fact did?

Direckshun
03-15-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm not getting it....Japan is much more important to the US economically than Haiti, so why would Haiti get more attention if they in fact did?

There is absolutely no chance Haiti gets more help from us than Japan does.

Chiefshrink
03-15-2011, 09:34 PM
I have not heard they have turned down any offers. Then again, I have not heard Obama make any offers.I seem to remember us sending troops into the America-hated Indonesia to help the binLaden t-shirt wearing crowd.

Hell no they shouldn't help, the military needs to work on their golf game which is far more important:rolleyes:

Garcia Bronco
03-15-2011, 10:12 PM
Our Military is already there helping.

patteeu
03-15-2011, 10:14 PM

Completely agree.

|Zach|
03-15-2011, 10:16 PM

lol. Way to throw out this zinger after admitting to be so ignorant of the facts.

petegz28
03-15-2011, 10:31 PM
lol. Way to throw out this zinger after admitting to be so ignorant of the facts.

Yea, the mideast is in total turmoil, Japan gets hit with the 2nd worst earthquake on record and Obama managed to squeeze in a comment at a press conference before tee-time. Color me impressed. I will remember how you set me straight the next time I fork over $50 for a tank of gas. Now go play with your blow up doll and stfu.

go bowe
03-15-2011, 10:36 PM
With all the dick you suck I have no doubts that the odor of piss is something you know very well.ooooh, that's got to hurt...

great comeback pete...

|Zach|
03-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Yea, the mideast is in total turmoil, Japan gets hit with the 2nd worst earthquake on record and Obama managed to squeeze in a comment at a press conference before tee-time. Color me impressed. I will remember how you set me straight the next time I fork over $50 for a tank of gas. Now go play with your blow up doll and stfu.

lol.

orange
03-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Who has the best ludicrous meltdowns after their threads are completely burned - petegz28 or tom cash (maybe MadCrapper but I have him on ignore)?

Maybe we should have a poll.

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2011, 11:16 PM
And expose them to radiation? Fuck no.

alnorth
03-15-2011, 11:56 PM
And expose them to radiation? **** no.

ROFL

Thats a pretty good joke!

Pitt Gorilla
03-15-2011, 11:57 PM
That's good. I haven't been able to keep up with the news lately but what I have heard didn't seem to mention anything about us helping out.Yeah, you can save a lot of time by posting threads like this on CP and then checking back regularly for an answer.

orange
03-16-2011, 12:08 AM
And expose them to radiation? **** no.

ROFL

Thats a pretty good joke!

“We continue to monitor the winds closely, moving our ships and aircraft as necessary to avoid the wind line from the Fukushima Power Plant,” U.S. 7th Fleet spokesman Cmdr. Jeff Davis said in an e-mail.

Aircraft and aircrews returning from missions ashore are being monitored carefully for contamination, and are conducting decontamination procedures as necessary when it is detected,” he said.

What a chicken-shit! Tell me, alnorth - do you think he's getting instructions from the Russian government?

alnorth
03-16-2011, 12:15 AM
“We continue to monitor the winds closely, moving our ships and aircraft as necessary to avoid the wind line from the Fukushima Power Plant,” U.S. 7th Fleet spokesman Cmdr. Jeff Davis said in an e-mail.

Aircraft and aircrews returning from missions ashore are being monitored carefully for contamination, and are conducting decontamination procedures as necessary when it is detected,” he said.

What a chicken-shit! Tell me, alnorth - do you think he's getting instructions from the Russian government?

You are hilariously ignorant of the risk. With a virtually unlimited budget and no end to the liability in our american tort system from even bullcrap claims, our military can be hilariously over-cautious.

Don't be so god-damn reliant to stupid illogical emotion. Just look at the cold hard science of the situation. Just today in an interview I listened to several doctors on radio who were speaking in mocking tones about how our military forced our "exposed" soldiers to scrub down with harsh brushes, as if they were ever in any danger or that these measures would do any good.

Our government is stupid. Never doubt that.

BucEyedPea
03-16-2011, 07:48 AM
To the "we shouldn't help anyone" folks,

FTR, I was joking in my post about "none of our business." Heh! I was spoofing my usual stand. Anyhow, I would have said this earlier but my internet service went down.

blaise
03-16-2011, 08:45 AM
This is an opportunity for the U.S. Japan is a great ally and solidifying our relationship by helping them should pay huge long term dividends for us.

|Zach|
03-16-2011, 08:57 AM
This is an opportunity for the U.S. Japan is a great ally and solidifying our relationship by helping them should pay huge long term dividends for us.

I have not heard they have turned down any dividends. Then again, I have not heard Japan make any offers.

FishingRod
03-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Every once in a while, it is ok to do the right thing, just because it is the right thing. While some countries may be more deserving of our help than others, I would not object to humanitarian aid of this sort to even our worst enemy.

HonestChieffan
03-16-2011, 07:34 PM

And being an ally means what to Obama? For that matter, those who have been allies....can they look to Obama to be an ally?