PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Interesting Tidbits about Mr. and Mrs. Clark Hunt

gblowfish
03-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Their house in Dallas is estimated to be worth $10.8 million. Even at that, it's only the 40th most expensive house in Dallas.

Mrs. Hunt -Tevia-, lists her occupation as "home maker."

In 2008 Tevia Hunt gave more than $38,000 in campaign contributions, all to Republican candidates.

Other Hunt family members gave a boatload to Republican candidates too.
All the contributions came from Dallas zip 75201 where the Hunt family all lives.

A MLS fan site lists this history of the Hunt family:
http://thinkingaboutthings.com/?p=3

"The founder of the Hunt Oil fortune was Clark’s grandfather, H.L. Hunt (who was reputed to be the inspiration for Dallas’ fictional J.R. Ewing). Larger-than-life, H.L. had 14 children by three women (one of whom may not have been his wife), the most famous of these being Nelson Bunker Hunt (who went bust trying to corner the silver market in 1980), Ray (the current CEO of Hunt Oil, the largest of the remaining Hunt Oil interests), and Lamar, whose passion was professional sports.

According to his obituary, Lamar had some interest in the oil business (he was a geologist), but it’s believed he lost most of his oil fortune in the 1980s. On the other hand, his investments in sports struck a gusher when he founded the AFL and the Kansas City Chiefs, named the Super Bowl. (His efforts as a founder of the NASL and World Team Tennis were less remarkable.) Plus, of course, Lamar helped found MLS. He left control of the sports team with his 4 children, who chose Clark Hunt, 43, to be Chairman of the teams.

The Lamar Hunt family’s net worth derives mainly from its ownership of the NFL’s KC Chiefs, which Forbes estimated to be worth US $1.0 billion last year, but there is discussion at chiefscrowd.com (you need to create an account to get in) that this asset may not produce as much cash flow as Forbes estimates, as the Chiefs are a notoriously unsuccessful franchise, they do not sell out (they would if they had a decent team), and they play in an older stadium that has very little luxury box revenue."

Very interesting stuff.

Doesn't surprise me that billionaires give big bucks to Republicans. King Carl was a big Republican and is pals with Dick Cheney.

Chocolate Hog
03-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Doesnt sell out? Huh?

chefsos
03-16-2011, 05:38 PM
...and they play in an older stadium that has very little luxury box revenue."Is this still true even after the renovation? I honestly don't know. That article is two years old, after all.

Just Passin' By
03-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Their house in Dallas is estimated to be worth $10.8 million. Even at that, it's only the 40th most expensive house in Dallas.

Mrs. Hunt -Tevia-, lists her occupation as "home maker."

In 2008 Tevia Hunt gave more than $38,000 in campaign contributions, all to Republican candidates.

Other Hunt family members gave a boatload to Republican candidates too.
All the contributions came from Dallas zip 75201 where the Hunt family all lives.

A MLS fan site lists this history of the Hunt family:
http://thinkingaboutthings.com/?p=3

"The founder of the Hunt Oil fortune was Clark’s grandfather, H.L. Hunt (who was reputed to be the inspiration for Dallas’ fictional J.R. Ewing). Larger-than-life, H.L. had 14 children by three women (one of whom may not have been his wife), the most famous of these being Nelson Bunker Hunt (who went bust trying to corner the silver market in 1980), Ray (the current CEO of Hunt Oil, the largest of the remaining Hunt Oil interests), and Lamar, whose passion was professional sports.

According to his obituary, Lamar had some interest in the oil business (he was a geologist), but it’s believed he lost most of his oil fortune in the 1980s. On the other hand, his investments in sports struck a gusher when he founded the AFL and the Kansas City Chiefs, named the Super Bowl. (His efforts as a founder of the NASL and World Team Tennis were less remarkable.) Plus, of course, Lamar helped found MLS. He left control of the sports team with his 4 children, who chose Clark Hunt, 43, to be Chairman of the teams.

The Lamar Hunt family’s net worth derives mainly from its ownership of the NFL’s KC Chiefs, which Forbes estimated to be worth US $1.0 billion last year, but there is discussion at chiefscrowd.com (you need to create an account to get in) that this asset may not produce as much cash flow as Forbes estimates, as the Chiefs are a notoriously unsuccessful franchise, they do not sell out (they would if they had a decent team), and they play in an older stadium that has very little luxury box revenue."

Very interesting stuff.

Doesn't surprise me that billionaires give big bucks to Republicans. King Carl was a big Republican and is pals with Dick Cheney.

Why throw in the political shot? Robert Kraft is a Democrat who has donated to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and the Obama Victory Fund.

mikey23545
03-16-2011, 06:15 PM

You mean like left wingers George Soros, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Teresa Heinz, Ted Turner, Jon Corzine, the Rockefellers, the Kennedys, Martha Stewart, Oprah Winfrey, Arianna Huffington, almost every movie star from Hollywood, yada, yada, yada...

Detoxing
03-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Clark is a millionaire, huh? Interesting, I didn't know that.

-King-
03-16-2011, 06:38 PM
I wonder if Nelson Bunker Hunt is still broke of if he's living off his family.

Bump
03-16-2011, 06:40 PM
he's a silver spoon boy. Must be nice.

Count Alex's Losses
03-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Clark is silver spoons, but he has a fucking Master's degree. Dude is a straight up pimp and I hate it when people talk shit on him. He's a shit ton better than most owners.

bevischief
03-16-2011, 07:44 PM
They are hanging out at KurtCobain living room...

SNR
03-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Who gives a shit what his political beliefs are?

Marcellus
03-16-2011, 07:58 PM
I love how people bash "Silverspoons". I would love to be a silverspoon like 99% of the other people on CP.

Not necessarily talking about this thread, just in general.

rtmike
03-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Is this still true even after the renovation? I honestly don't know. That article is two years old, after all.

If the yellow seats up top in the New Arrowhead are considered luxury seats than yes.

Spott
03-16-2011, 08:29 PM
All those kids and old HL couldn't didn't even name one of them Mike.

Bump
03-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Clark is silver spoons, but he has a ****ing Master's degree. Dude is a straight up pimp and I hate it when people talk shit on him. He's a shit ton better than most owners.

how hard can it be to get a masters when money is absolutely no worries? Not hard man, a lot of college students have to work to pay for their bills and go to school full time, it's hard. I'm doing it now, I pay my monthly dues at the house and for my food, my parents help me with tuition which is HUGE! But I still have to struggle making $10 an hour to pay for shit and after a hard day's work, I have to study and get ready for class in the am. Mr. Clark never had to do that, it would be incredibly easy for someone like me to get a masters at any university if I didn't have to worry about money.

Count Alex's Losses
03-16-2011, 08:48 PM
The dude was fucking SMU Valedictorian.

That shit ain't easy.

Fruit Ninja
03-16-2011, 10:07 PM
I love how people bash "Silverspoons". I would love to be a silverspoon like 99% of the other people on CP.

Not necessarily talking about this thread, just in general.

I would as well. I wouldnt give a fuck what people thought. lol Ill make them work for me. haha

philfree
03-16-2011, 10:43 PM
If I had been Lamars son he would have been vey disapointed.:doh!:

I think "Make it rain" is an old oil proverb.

PhilFree:arrow:

JohnnyV13
03-16-2011, 10:48 PM
Her name is Tavia.

I used to know her when she went to UMKC.

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2011, 10:58 PM
He's a shit ton better than most owners.

I think it's too early in his tenure to make that statement.

Hopefully, he'll one day be mentioned in the same breath as the Rooney's, Mara's and Kraft's.

Until then, he's just another owner.

mikey23545
03-16-2011, 11:00 PM
how hard can it be to get a masters when money is absolutely no worries? Not hard man, a lot of college students have to work to pay for their bills and go to school full time, it's hard. I'm doing it now, I pay my monthly dues at the house and for my food, my parents help me with tuition which is HUGE! But I still have to struggle making $10 an hour to pay for shit and after a hard day's work, I have to study and get ready for class in the am. Mr. Clark never had to do that, it would be incredibly easy for someone like me to get a masters at any university if I didn't have to worry about money.

What are you majoring in, whining?

ChiefsCountry
03-16-2011, 11:01 PM
It isn't really a suprise the Chiefs started to suck when the Hunts lost their asses on the silver market. It would have been intresting to see how the Chiefs would have been if Lamar had the wealth that he had previousally.

Dallas Chief
03-17-2011, 12:14 AM

It is supposed to be hard hotshot. If it wasn't everybody would be doing it. Poor you...STFU

Okie_Apparition
03-17-2011, 12:24 AM
Clark is silver spoons, but he has a ****ing Master's degree. Dude is a straight up pimp and I hate it when people talk shit on him. He's a shit ton better than most owners.

I didn't realize you were a fan. He looks like Martha Washington in your sig.

BWillie
03-17-2011, 12:30 AM
If you are a millionaire and don't vote republican, you are a f*cking retard.

DaneMcCloud
03-17-2011, 12:31 AM

LMAO

Chocolate Hog
03-17-2011, 12:33 AM
If he doesn't sign any free agents worth a shit he'll always be known as cheap.

Bump
03-17-2011, 02:13 AM
It is supposed to be hard hotshot. If it wasn't everybody would be doing it. Poor you...STFU

Well it wouldn't be hard if I had billions of dollars. Just saying, Clark Hunt doesn't impress me.

Count Alex's Losses
03-17-2011, 02:19 AM
I think it's too early in his tenure to make that statement.

Hopefully, he'll one day be mentioned in the same breath as the Rooney's, Mara's and Kraft's.

Until then, he's just another owner.

I am forever thankful he is not a fucktard like Daniel Snyder. I read a lot of NFL forums and a lot of fans are really unhappy with their owners. Like, murder-hate level of resentment.

I don't think we will EVER feel that way about Clark Hunt.

Time will tell whether or not his Pioli hire pans out, but if it doesn't I'd bet anything he doesn't waste time dumping him.

Bwana
03-17-2011, 06:10 AM

Heh ROFL

Bwana
03-17-2011, 07:33 AM

:spock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK-Dqj4fHmM

gblowfish
03-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Her name is Tavia.

I used to know her when she went to UMKC.

Yep, Tavia, that's a typo. And that's an unusual name.
How did you know her at UMKC? Did you study the same stuff?

dtebbe
03-17-2011, 09:34 AM

I don't care if the business you own is a 1 man landscaping business.. if you own and business and don't vote republican you are a -total- f*cking retard.

DT

Dallas Chief
03-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Well it wouldn't be hard if I had billions of dollars. Just saying, Clark Hunt doesn't impress me.

I guess what I was trying to say is that it doesn't not matter how many times your parents and teachers told you that you were special. You aren't. What you are doing is no different than 90% of other people that are going to college, or have gone to college in the past. Yes it is grind, but a damn fun one at that. You think it is difficult right now? Wait until you really start getting held accountable for sh!t.

I don't begrudge the rich kids anything. Hell, they will be the one's paying you in the future. Better get used to it...

chiefsnorth
03-17-2011, 11:29 AM
I knew it! Bush caused the lockout! That evil genius is still doing his dirty work!

(moron)