PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Best Utah Ski Resort?

DaKCMan AP
03-17-2011, 07:27 AM
So I'm going to be in Utah for 3 weeks with work and I'll have some time off to go skiing (2-3 days).

Right now I'm leaning towards Brighton and Alta, but wanted to get opinions on the best Utah skiing.

Thanks for being Awesome.

eazyb81
03-17-2011, 07:38 AM
Nice thread. I've been wanting to book a winter trip to Utah this year since i've never been, but have no idea which resorts to look at.

DaKCMan AP
03-17-2011, 07:53 AM
Nice thread. I've been wanting to book a winter trip to Utah this year since i've never been, but have no idea which resorts to look at.

:thumb:

DaKCMan AP
03-17-2011, 03:17 PM
bump

chris
03-17-2011, 03:31 PM
So I'm going to be in Utah for 3 weeks with work and I'll have some time off to go skiing (2-3 days).

Right now I'm leaning towards Brighton and Alta, but wanted to get opinions on the best Utah skiing.

Thanks for being Awesome.

Having lived in Utah and skied most of these.....depends how good of skier you are.

If you are blue, black, and above, Alta is the best.

Brighton, Park City, and the Canyons are good for green and blue.

Old local saying: Tourists ski Park City; natives ski ALTA.

2bikemike
03-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Having lived in Utah and skied most of these.....depends how good of skier you are.

If you are blue, black, and above, Alta is the best.

Brighton, Park City, and the Canyons are good for green and blue.

Old local saying: Tourists ski Park City; natives ski ALTA.

I agree Alta is the best. Park City is nice but Alta has much better skiing. Stay away from Deer Valley. Way too snooty.

CrazyPhuD
03-17-2011, 03:37 PM
I've been to Brighton, Park City, Canyons and Snowbird.

If you're elite snowbird is pretty awesome(I would assume alta is similar(since they share the mountain) but it's skier only). But if you're not I wouldn't recommend it. Snowbird was day 4 of four days in a row with 15ish runs per day. I'll ride blacks all day but my legs were toast by the time we hit Snowbird. Mountain is pretty technical and definitely not for beginners.

I liked the powder in brighton the day we hit it. It's a nice mountain but I think feels a bit smallish. Park City and the canyons were all similarish. Pretty big varied terrain but obviously more crowded. It all depends upon how much you want to challenge yourself. I'd do the hardest mountain first when you are freshest and take it easier the next day or two.

rageeumr
03-17-2011, 03:43 PM
I have been to Utah snowboarding the past 2 years. I voted Brighton because I've only been there and PCMR. Both years we have gone out there planning on visiting different resorts, but we've stayed in Park City, and it's tough to make the drive when you have options in town. I really wanted to go to Powder Mountain this year, but couldn't get enough people in my group to go with me to justify taking one of our 2 cars.

Chiefnj2
03-17-2011, 04:00 PM
I've never skied out west, but on the east coast, IMHO, 50% of enjoyability = no lift lines.

chris
03-17-2011, 06:31 PM
I agree Alta is the best. Park City is nice but Alta has much better skiing. Stay away from Deer Valley. Way too snooty.

"Would you like a tissue with your skiing?" -Deer Valley

Zeke
03-17-2011, 06:45 PM
I prefer Colorado resorts, where they allow you to sleep with your girlfriend.