PDA

View Full Version : Life Japanese dogs are friends...forever

Count Alex's Losses
03-17-2011, 07:47 AM
:)

http://www.globalanimal.org/japan-tsunami-loyal-dog-wont-abandon-injured-friend//

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uct9Kzjw9XY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(VIDEO) You don’t have to speak Japanese to understand the sympathetic tones of the two reporters observing these dogs – and the loyal dog who led them to an injured friend, then refused to leave the friend’s side. There is so much we don’t understand about the emotional lives of animals. But we know they can suffer tremendously, and we know they care for each other.

We wish all the people and animals of Japan heartfelt concern during this incomprehensibly difficult time. We know that the people of Japan will respond like these two friends, sticking together in this time of need. Ganbatte kudasai! (“Don’t give up!”) – Global Animal

[ UPDATE: According to a facebook entry, a resident of Japan, Kenn Sakurai, is reporting that both dogs were found alive in Mito, Ibaraki. And thanks to the efforts of Japan Earthquake Animal Rescue and Support, the two dogs are currently in the care of a local shelter.]

[ UPDATE: 1:50 pm PST, March 16, 2011 –CNN and The Telegraph UK are reporting that both dogs received medical attention. The injured dog is currently at a veteranarian in Mito and the loyal white and brown spaniel friend is at a shelter with vet services in the same town. In summary of the mens' conversation in Japanese: at first the two thought the injured dog was dead. They immediately called a vet for assistance for both dogs. The men say they wish they had brought food to give the dogs. We will continue to follow any updates on this story and the status of the injured dog who is reportedly still weak. - Global Animal]

Fire Me Boy!
03-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Max and Jinx are friends ... for-ev-er.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2NEuKgGJyMU/SbggHF5JuzI/AAAAAAAAHLw/j2Ja2WV-6zs/s400/spacecamp.jpg

JD10367
03-17-2011, 08:21 AM
Fuck you. You just want us all to think you like animals 'cause you got served, you full-of-shit ASPCA nightmare. You know how Stephen Spielberg still refuses to go swimming, because he thinks the sharks know he made "Jaws" and hold it against him? Well, your ass is dead meat when you walk by the dog park, buddy!

loochy
03-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Quit making up for your animal cruelty by posting cute and heart warming videos

BigCatDaddy
03-17-2011, 09:00 AM
The human race can learn a lot from K-9's.

DJ's left nut
03-17-2011, 10:07 AM
I've got 3, 2 of them from the same litter that have spent their whole lives together.

I've seen them defend each other at dog parks and drag clothes and stuff over to make a 'bed' for the both of them. They're virtually inseparable.

There's not a doubt in my mind that, at least between the 2 brothers, those guys would go down together if something like that ever happened. To an odd degree, it's vaguely comforting.

bowener
03-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Welcome to Disney's next feature film.

listopencil
03-17-2011, 11:17 AM
**** you. You just want us all to think you like animals 'cause you got served, you full-of-shit ASPCA nightmare. You know how Stephen Spielberg still refuses to go swimming, because he thinks the sharks know he made "Jaws" and hold it against him? Well, your ass is dead meat when you walk by the dog park, buddy!

Nah, he just got in trouble for choking his chicken, beating his meat and spanking his monkey. No bitches were involved.

Rain Man
03-17-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm glad they got rescued.

We had two cats, one of whom was about three years old when we adopted the other one from a neighbor. (He was spending more time with us than with her.) The younger one adored the older one, and the older one tolerated the younger one, but secretly adored him back. They were adopted brothers for about 12 years until the younger one died of lymphoma. Our older one was sick for about six months after that before getting better, and I'm sure it was grief.

Baby Lee
03-17-2011, 11:26 AM
That ain't shit.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/um4v-ioHqws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: seen it 3x already, and teared up again at the coverage.

Cave Johnson
03-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Hate to break it to the whomever uploaded that video...... that dog is beyond injured.

Baby Lee
03-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Hate to break it to the whomever uploaded that video...... that dog is beyond injured.

What is 'beyond injured?' The writing and the footage attest that [s]he's alive, if weak.

Cave Johnson
03-17-2011, 11:38 AM
What is 'beyond injured?' The writing and the footage attest that [s]he's alive, if weak.

It has to do with the fact that I didn't watch the video to the end.

DJ's left nut
03-17-2011, 11:41 AM

It looked that way to me until the end of it.

The dog's clearly hurt and perhaps hurt pretty badly. That said, it was able to raise its head and look around on its own at the end of the video. And if the dog had been swimming a lot, it may have just been exhausted (especially if it was a little older). I have one that will push himself beyond exhaustion to where he'll just lay there, almost unable to move, for about 24 hours.

There's at least a decent chance the dog still doesn't make it; that's a lot to ask of an animal. But I certainly wouldn't give up on it yet. If it's able to raise its head like that, there's at least a chance it can recover.

Chiefnj2
03-17-2011, 12:05 PM

That's okay, it'll taste like veal because it hasn't moved its muscles that much.

warrior
03-17-2011, 12:34 PM
**** you. You just want us all to think you like animals 'cause you got served, you full-of-shit ASPCA nightmare. You know how Stephen Spielberg still refuses to go swimming, because he thinks the sharks know he made "Jaws" and hold it against him? Well, your ass is dead meat when you walk by the dog park, buddy!

ROFLROFLROFL

Rausch
03-17-2011, 12:44 PM
Max and Jinx are friends ... for-ev-er.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2NEuKgGJyMU/SbggHF5JuzI/AAAAAAAAHLw/j2Ja2WV-6zs/s400/spacecamp.jpg

Joaquin Phoenix is definitely out in space and talking to inanimate objects...

Halfcan
03-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Ever see Hatchi-with Richard Gere. Bet you can't watch that and not cry!!