PDA

View Full Version : Life One of them days......

Over-Head
03-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Yep, it was a dandy,

-2 XL coffee's at Tim Hortons $3.50
-Few kitchen items at dept store for the house $26.95
-Having the truck you've been driving for 3 years die in a parking lot (Starter crapped out) 10 mins BEFORE you go to the dealer with a bank draft to buy out the lease :banghead:
PRICELESS

...Thank god for Mastercard!!!!

JASONSAUTO
03-17-2011, 05:34 PM
You too huh?
What REALLY sucks is my whole fucking week has been that way.
Posted via Mobile Device

Baconeater
03-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Eh, usually a starter is a pretty easy fix. Did you see what I had to go through to change the fucking spark plugs in my van last weekend?

seclark
03-17-2011, 05:40 PM
driving home, i popped over a hill and a buggy load of amish were i the process of attempting to make a u-turn. got stopped about 3 feet from the back of their rig before screeching to a halt. after they got to the top of the hill, i passed them and there were at least 10 people/kids loaded up. eyeballs in the horse looked like a meth freak.

guess it was a good day for me/them. shit.
sec

Gonzo
03-17-2011, 05:55 PM
driving home, i popped over a hill and a buggy load of amish were i the process of attempting to make a u-turn. got stopped about 3 feet from the back of their rig before screeching to a halt. after they got to the top of the hill, i passed them and there were at least 10 people/kids loaded up. eyeballs in the horse looked like a meth freak.

sec

Did they at least have their turn signal on?
They were probably blaring the radio too loud to hear you coming.
Posted via Mobile Device

Baconeater
03-17-2011, 05:56 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
Nah, they were probably texting while driving their buggy and not paying attention to who was coming up behind them.

Bwana
03-17-2011, 05:57 PM
TO THE SHED!!!!!!

seclark
03-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

they had one of those orange triangle things on the back. unfortunately, they were broadside in the road. if they would have gone on up to the top of the hill, where there was a place on each side of the road to turn around. hell, i don't know...maybe old nellie lost a shoe, or they were giving young abraham a driving lesson. it was almost a f@ckin mess.
sec

Demonpenz
03-17-2011, 06:12 PM
hope your day goes better. Get to sleep early. I actually realized one day that if I feel like shit just accept the fact that you may not feel better the rest of the day.

Over-Head
03-17-2011, 06:23 PM
TO THE SHED!!!!!!
I wish....detoxing for a MAJOR high profile gov historical resotration job in late late April and gotta piss test.
And already been warned their screening for flush kits etc...I just can't take a chance for whats at stake in regards to my company's reputation or what this could lead to...Wild turkey 101 is about as strong as i can go.

Over-Head
03-17-2011, 06:26 PM

sec

what goes
Clippty clop, BANG clippty clop BANG BANG Clippty clop, BANG clippty clop

An Amish drive by shooting :p

Bwana
03-17-2011, 06:27 PM
I wish....detoxing for a MAJOR high profile gov historical resotration job in late late April and gotta piss test.
And already been warned their screening for flush kits etc...I just can't take a chance for whats at stake in regards to my company's reputation

Heh, I quit Copenhagen after chewing for 30 years, cold turkey on Monday. It has been an "interesting" week on this end as well. I have avoided people on a face to face level as much as I can this week. I haven't beaten anyone down and I'm still married. So far, so good. I hope next week is better because this is fucking nuts! :banghead:

JASONSAUTO
03-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Eh, usually a starter is a pretty easy fix. Did you see what I had to go through to change the fucking spark plugs in my van last weekend?
Should have been easy.....

If you had a lift lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Over-Head
03-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Heh, I quit Copenhagen after chewing for 30 years, cold turkey on Monday. :thumb::thumb: way ta go. I'm wondering would teh patch help at all? I managed to kick reg smokes 8 weeks now with teh Nicorette patch

Wife almost killed me, son hid for a few weeks.
Now that i'm kicking the bud, they both hate me, my arthritus is KILLING me, and i`m as irratable as a grizzzley bear who got poked with a red hot iron half way through winter :(

Come on December...(job will be finished by then, and i`m gonna sit in my shed with a pack of zig zags and half pound....)

3rd&48ers
03-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Yep, it was a dandy,

-2 XL coffee's at Tim Hortons $3.50
-Few kitchen items at dept store for the house $26.95
-Having the truck you've been driving for 3 years die in a parking lot (Starter crapped out) 10 mins BEFORE you go to the dealer with a bank draft to buy out the lease :banghead:
PRICELESS

...Thank god for Mastercard!!!!

Did you say Mastercard?

Baconeater
03-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Should have been easy.....

If you had a lift lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Don't tell me you go at them from underneath.

Over-Head
03-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Did you say Mastercard?
Yeah, I broke one in, didn;t have the cash on hand when the wrecker showed up and they didn`t take debit :(

Baconeater
03-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I broke one in, didn;t have the cash on hand when the wrecker showed up and they didn`t take debit :(
Dude, don't even go there with him.

3rd&48ers
03-17-2011, 06:41 PM

Ok then.... Don't be like the broke diks around this place

Over-Head
03-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Ok then.... Don't be like the broke diks around this place Very seldom use credit cards, but it is nice to have one or two on hand for times like this.

***Just to clarify it wasn`t actually a Mastercard, but my Business Visa line of credit with a 1.1% intrest....was just doing a play on the MC comercials

JASONSAUTO
03-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Don't tell me you go at them from underneath.

Don't tell me you went after them from the top.
should have asked me first. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Over-Head
03-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Buddy of mine stuffed a sm block 350 into a Vega back in highschool, we drilled holes in his inner fenders one day in shop class so he could have an eaiser time getting around teh headders changing his

JASONSAUTO
03-17-2011, 06:48 PM
Done many of those overhead. Fun ride...
Posted via Mobile Device

Over-Head
03-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Done many of those overhead. Fun ride...
Posted via Mobile Device
Tell me abnout it. He had a standing bet if you could lean forward and grab the $20 off the dash pined with a suction cup on the window when he said `NOW!!`shifting from 2nd to drive (FULL maunal valve body 350 turbo with a high stall converter and 3:55`s Crane cam Holly 650 double pumper) you could have it...if not you matched it.
Can`t remember more than 1 or 2 guys getting the $20, but my pal was NEVER short on gas money

Baconeater
03-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh, I know that people have done them from the bottom, but I have no idea how it's possible. There's very little room between the firewall and the exhaust manifold.

Here's a pic I took after I pulled the plenum, there's no way I could get my arms up through there.

http://oi53.tinypic.com/11agwsh.jpg

Over-Head
03-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Oh, I know that people have done them from the bottom, but I have no idea how it's possible. There's very little room between the firewall and the exhaust manifold.

Here's a pic I took after I pulled the plenum, there's no way I could get my arms up through there.

Drop teh front frame member and engine, jack the body a bit and ya got lots of room:thumb:
(My mechanic is doing one right now here on teh island..) mind you I`m no mechanic like Jason who may do it different, just teh way My friend Perry is doing it

JASONSAUTO
03-17-2011, 06:55 PM
I bet you are a smaller guy than I. I do it that way every time. Hell I get my air rachet in there to pull em... Never to install thoughOh, I know that people have done them from the bottom, but I have no idea how it's possible. There's very little room between the firewall and the exhaust manifold.

Posted via Mobile Device

3rd&48ers
03-17-2011, 06:59 PM

What a piece of dog shit... what is that?

Iowanian

sec

The buggy pilot was probably Texting Amos.

Baconeater
What a piece of dog shit... what is that?
It's something that's paid for.

Bwana
03-17-2011, 07:01 PM
:thumb::thumb: way ta go. I'm wondering would teh patch help at all? I managed to kick reg smokes 8 weeks now with teh Nicorette patch

Wife almost killed me, son hid for a few weeks.
Now that i'm kicking the bud, they both hate me, my arthritus is KILLING me, and i`m as irratable as a grizzzley bear who got poked with a red hot iron half way through winter :(

Come on December...(job will be finished by then, and i`m gonna sit in my shed with a pack of zig zags and half pound....)

Yeah the patch would help I'm sure, but by doing it this way, I will get through the pain a lot faster and be done with this bullshit. This way is faster, but a real mother fucker, if I may be so bold. Not much sleep, night sweats, light headedness, and very irritable. Oh well, I'll either be in jail for murder, or cured in another week. :rockon:

3rd&48ers
03-17-2011, 07:05 PM
Yeah the patch would help I'm sure, but by doing it this way, I will get through the pain a lot faster and be done with this bullshit. This way is faster, but a real mother ****er, if I may be so bold. Not much sleep, night sweats, light headedness, and very irritable. Oh well, I'll either be in jail for murder, or cured in another week. :rockon:

God bless you brother...Good Luck :thumb:

Bwana
03-17-2011, 07:09 PM
God bless you brother...Good Luck :thumb:

Thanks man, it needed to be done, for a variety of reasons.

Over-Head
03-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks man, it needed to be done, for a variety of reasons. Went cold turkey 5 yrs ago.
Took it back up year 4 for 9 months (this is the most recent), quit this time fairly easy on the patch And hopfuully will NEVER smoke cigs again
Sure saves the pain with the patch...couldnt stand the tast of the gum after 2 sticks though

KurtCobain
03-17-2011, 07:13 PM
It ain't no point to me waking up,
Everybody's time I'm taking up,
I got nobody, it ain't a shoulder near,
I can't stay here & it's colder there,
I don't wanna look back 'cause it's gonna hurt,
I slice my wrist & it's gonna squirt,
For me everybody holds a hate,
I get backstabbed & everybody holds the stake,
It's no roads to take, I'm in a circle drive,
Busting at myself & I'm trying to survive,
I'll disappoint you, & I will let you down,
And I ain't got many home boys coming around,
You don't understand, so don't say you do,
I swear I'll put a motherfucking slug in you,
I'm the only one,
The lonely one,
At home alone loading a gun, thinking "Why not?"

I got court coming up, I stole a truck.
I got a bitch pregnant & I'm broke as fuck,
I wanna get high but I got piss test,
I'm always first name on top of the shit list,
Get this, the witch has made my chest
It's permanent nightly visiting nest,
It ain't no clothes that I look good in,
I'm the motherfucking big red train that couldn't,
I got no family, I stole they shit,
Restraining orders & I still won't quit,
I hit rock bottom & then I fell in a hole
And then I fell through the floor of that hole some more,
I been missing for a year, nobody's looking,
I got beat down & my shit tooken,
I look ahead & all I see is more of the same,
Or this self-inflicted bullet hole pouring my brain

I dream about cutting heads off with a shovel,
The dreams are getting serious, think I'm in trouble,
I don't hold memory for more than an hour,
I'm tired as fuck & I'm drained of power,
I ain't half way there & I'm all out of time,
I'm like a crushed light bulb, all out of shine,
I've been around the world but no place is home,
I wanna see the other side when I face this chrome,
I'm butt naked, I've been jacking off, getting drunk,
It's my last hours alive, who gives a fuck?
It don't matter,
I'm doing the shit in the garage,
Trying to make it easier for them to clean my head splaage,
This bitch I loved, I hope she finds me,
Still up in the chair with my thoughts behind me

3rd&48ers
03-17-2011, 07:15 PM
Thanks man, it needed to be done, for a variety of reasons.

I was hooked on the Cope too, been clean about 7 months now.... Got to the point that every waking moment, I had that shit in my lip....

Sounds gross, but chop up some beef jerky fine in the food processor and put it in your lip until you get over the withdrawals.

Good Luck, 21 days and you have it beat

Bwana
03-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Went cold turkey 5 yrs ago.
Took it back up year 4 for 9 months (this is the most recent), quit this time fairly easy on the patch And hopfuully will NEVER smoke cigs again
Sure saves the pain with the patch...couldnt stand the tast of the gum after 2 sticks though

Yeah I know bud, but I wanted it over with ASAP. You know me, always the hardass and I have to take the tough route, but this has been a long week. I'm honestly sruprised there isn't a fist hole in a wall some place. Like I said, minimum contact with people this week, a lot of phone calls.

Over-Head
03-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Yeah I know bud, but I wanted it over with ASAP. You know me, always the hardass and I have to take the tough route, but this has been a long week. I'm honestly sruprised there isn't a fist hole in a wall some place. Like I said, minimum contact with people this week, a lot of phone calls.
Well dude its like this.
I think your a really cool guy and all, but I aint comming anywhere near Montana for a while, till that temper driven addiction madness ends...YOU GOT GUNS :eek:

Bwana
03-17-2011, 07:23 PM
I was hooked on the Cope too, been clean about 7 months now.... Got to the point that every waking moment, I had that shit in my lip....

Sounds gross, but chop up some beef jerky fine in the food processor and put it in your lip until you get over the withdrawals.

Good Luck, 21 days and you have it beat

Yeah that was my deal as well. Get up, put in a dip and drink coffee, chew all day, nonstop, go to bed. I started getting a cough about a year ago and can't shake it. I figured cope may have something to do with it. Hell. I needed to quit anyway, so why not now.

I have been chewing some "Golden Eagle" Herbal Chew" just to have something in my lip. No nicotine, just green tea and some other natural crap. http://www.goldeneaglechew.com/ (I Figured I would post up the link, in the event anyone else wanted to kick their own ass and jump on the band wagon. ) ;)

Bwana
03-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Well dude its like this.
I think your a really cool guy and all, but I aint comming anywhere near Montana for a while, till that temper driven addiction madness ends...YOU GOT GUNS :eek:

LMAO

Yeah, even in my withdrawal psychotic Norm Bates state, I don't think I would "Glock anyone up."

3rd&48ers
03-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Yeah that was my deal as well. Get up, put in a dip and drink coffee, chew all day, nonstop, go to bed. I started getting a cough about a year ago and can't shake it. I figured cope may have something to do with it. Hell. I needed to quit anyway, so why not now.

I have been chewing some "Golden Eagle" Herbal Chew" just to have something in my lip. No nicotine, just green tea and some other natural crap. http://www.goldeneaglechew.com/

Are you on any blood pressure meds? They will make you have a nagging cough like that.

Bwana
03-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Are you on any blood pressure meds? They will make you have a nagging cough like that.

Nope, no meds at all. I think swallowing all the cope juice started messing with my throat. I could also be allergic to something in the house. Etiher way, it was time I quit. A can a day at $4.79 a pop was bullshit. I'm taking that money and tossing it in a jar for a year. At the end of the year, I'm going to buy myself some nice. Perhaps a new lead slinger. :)

On the other hand if I falter and take a chew, I made myself a deal that I would give the money to something I hate, like a bunch of anti hunter three huggers that are trying to close ATV trails. That will sure as hell keep me out of the can!

Hog Farmer
03-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Don't care to hear it. Today I spent $2900 on 2 injectors, a fuel injection control module and a low pressure fuel pump. Fucking Ford 6.0 motors SUCK!

3rd&48ers
03-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Nope, no meds at all. I think swallowing all the cope juice started messing with my throat. I could also be allergic to something in the house. Etiher way, it was time I quit. A can a day at $4.79 a pop was bullshit. I'm taking that money and tossing it in a jar for a year. At the end of the year, I'm going to buy myself some nice. Perhaps a new lead slinger. :)

On the other hand if I falter and take a chew, I made myself a deal that I would give the money to something I hate, like a bunch of anti hunter three huggers that are trying to close ATV trails. That will sure as hell keep me out of the can!

Kewl... waiting on my concealed carry to come back, bought a new glock sf21 last week.

You could buy a helluva nice gun with that much ... prolly 1700 or so for a year of that stuff :thumb:

Over-Head
03-17-2011, 07:50 PM
LMAO

Yeah, even in my withdrawal psychotic Norm Bates state, I don't think I would "Glock anyone up."
I'm a Raider fan...IM NOT about to take that chance :p

Over-Head
03-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Don't care to hear it. Today I spent $2900 on 2 injectors, a fuel injection control module and a low pressure fuel pump. ****ing Ford 6.0 motors SUCK!
wow, I suddenly don't feel so bad after all:huh:

Bwana
03-17-2011, 07:59 PM
Kewl... waiting on my concealed carry to come back, bought a new glock sf21 last week.

You could buy a helluva nice gun with that much ... prolly 1700 or so for a year of that stuff :thumb:

$1850 but I'm just going to throw $200 in the hat, so I'll have $2400. I'm debating getting my class II FFL. I wouldn't mind getting a "legal" ;) full auto M-16.

Congrats on the CCL! :thumb: I've had mine for over 15 years.

Bwana
03-17-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm a Raider fan...IM NOT about to take that chance :p

LMAO

Not to worry dude, I like you about as well as anyone in this place. You're on the "A" list. I don't Glock people on the "A" list.

RJ
03-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Nah, they were probably texting while driving their buggy and not paying attention to who was coming up behind them.

I believe Amish texting is also known as sign language.

Over-Head
03-17-2011, 08:08 PM
LMAO

Not to worry dude, I like you about as well as anyone in this place. You're on the "A" list. I don't Glock people on the "A" list.
Deleat this quick ...it's proof your consorting with the enemy ;)

Your Aces in my book too bud ...really hope to see ya in later in the spring when I get a bit handier your way.

Bwana
03-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Deleat this quick ...it's proof your consorting with the enemy ;)

Yourt Aces in my book too bud...see ya in late April when I get a weekend off out west

:thumb:

Over-Head
03-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Got the Stalion back today, seems the Main power cable to the starter coroded and broke. (I live on an island, the truck is constantly surrounded by Salt air...vehicles rot VERY quick in NL, with our climate.

Out the door, taxes in, PLUS tow job...$250.00

bevischief
03-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Got the Stalion back today, seems the Main power cable to the starter coroded and broke. (I live on an island, the truck is constantly surrounded by Salt air...vehicles rot VERY quick in NL, with our climate.

Out the door, taxes in, PLUS tow job...$250.00

Will insurance cover the tow?

Over-Head
03-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Will insurance cover the tow?
DO NOT go there, paid for Road side assistance 100K or 5 years, truck rolled 110K day before yesterday
Labour is what killed me, Tow was only $55.65 to go to the dealer on the other side of the city

3rd&48ers
03-18-2011, 05:43 PM
DO NOT go there, paid for Road side assistance 100K or 5 years, truck rolled 110K day before yesterday

Don't it always happen like that though? :banghead:

JASONSAUTO
03-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Don't care to hear it. Today I spent $2900 on 2 injectors, a fuel injection control module and a low pressure fuel pump. Fucking Ford 6.0 motors SUCK!
That they do. Should have grabbed a cummins
Posted via Mobile Device

Over-Head
03-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Don't it always happen like that though? :banghead:
At least it wasnt a finally made the last payment, then wrote it off stories :thumb:

Baconeater
03-18-2011, 08:19 PM
That they do. Should have grabbed a cummins
Posted via Mobile Device
Well then you have the $100 oil changes.