PDA

View Full Version : Economics Some loser off's himself because he got laid off

The Mad Crapper
03-17-2011, 07:38 PM
Are you kidding me?! He was 29; was this the first time this idiot ever faced any kind of adversity in his life:

Worker Commits Suicide at Costa Mesa City Hall Amid Layoffs

A 29-year-old maintenance worker for the City of Costa Mesa jumped to his death from the roof of the five-story City Hall building this afternoon, according to police. The man, a city employee for four-and-a-half years, was called into work at 2:30 p.m. to receive his layoff notice despite being at home nursing a broken ankle, according to the OC Register.

Police taped off a large portion of the parking lot next to City Hall as tensions flared amid the grief.

Peter Naghavi, director of public works, was seen crying and consoling other city employees.
Nick Berardino, general manager of the Orange County Employees Association, was seen cursing out city CEO Tom Hatch in the lobby of City Hall.
"You cannot give out notices wholesale like that in this economy," Beradino said. "That's what's going to happen." -- OC Register

The City of Costa Mesa voted earlier this month to outsource the jobs of nearly half of its workforce in an effort to plug up a $15 million budget deficit, according to the AP. More than 200 city employees were to be laid off Thursday, L.A. Now blogged this morning.

http://laist.com/2011/03/17/worker_commits_suicide_at_costa_mes.php

Boo hoo hoo.

ClevelandBronco
03-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Mr. Beradino's laughable idiocy aside, this is a very sad story.

The Mad Crapper
03-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Mr. Beradino's laughable idiocy aside, this is a very sad story.

Why? He's 29 with his whole life ahead of him--- I bet he didn't even have a wife and kids.

He lost a job so he kills himself? ROFL

Get another job, asshole.

BIG_DADDY
03-17-2011, 07:46 PM
This is what needs to happen to over half of our entire government work force. No more pensions, 401k only for the remainders. If they don't like it they can jump off the roof of city hall.

ClevelandBronco
03-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Losing his job was probably just the latest in a series of reasons that this guy took it to the dirt — not the only reason.

I'm frustrated with the unions and the government that got us into this predicament. This poor slob was just trying to get through life.

teedubya
03-17-2011, 08:50 PM
Ironically, him jumping off the building gave job security to whoever had to clean up his mess.

BIG_DADDY
03-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Losing his job was probably just the latest in a series of reasons that this guy took it to the dirt not the only reason.

I'm frustrated with the unions and the government that got us into this predicament. This poor slob was just trying to get through life.

HE worked fpr tje City dude. Let's not pretend he was an illegal cleaning buildings for $5 an hour with kids to raise.

BIG_DADDY
03-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Ironically, him jumping off the building gave job security to whoever had to clean up his mess.

So actually, he was a martyr. :hmmm: LMAO

Rain Man
03-17-2011, 08:59 PM

"Oh, god. Look at that mess. Let's call maintenance and get it cleaned up."

"Uh, sir..."

Rain Man
03-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Why? He's 29 with his whole life ahead of him--- I bet he didn't even have a wife and kids.

He lost a job so he kills himself? ROFL

Get another job, asshole.

Maybe his life's dream was to be a maintenance worker at the Costa Mesa City Hall. Maybe he planned his whole life around getting that job. Maybe his diorama's in high school art class were of the city hall. Maybe every writing assignment he had focused on the opportunities and challenges of replacing the lights in the city hall tower. Maybe he got married in the lobby. Just another job? I don't think so.

HonestChieffan
03-17-2011, 09:10 PM
Maybe he was nuts.

People that off themselves are nuts. Start there. Nuts. Crazy. F***edup.

After that its all speculation cause the only one who knows bled out hours ago. All who speculate do so to advance a pet cause.

The dude was nuts.

BIG_DADDY
03-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Maybe he was nuts.

People that off themselves are nuts. Start there. Nuts. Crazy. F***edup.

After that its all speculation cause the only one who knows bled out hours ago. All who speculate do so to advance a pet cause.

The dude was nuts.

If we are doing food groups I'm going with squash. Dude was friggen squash.

Fishpicker
03-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Tom Hatch is my hero. I hope he can just keep his head down and gut the rest. it is a little weird that the person laid off was at the bottom of the totem pole. Tom needed to start at the level that is just beneath him.

Hydrae
03-18-2011, 06:57 AM
I notice his broken ankle kept him from working but it seems he had no problem climbing to the roof of a 5 story building.

The Mad Crapper
03-18-2011, 07:58 AM
I notice his broken ankle kept him from working but it seems he had no problem climbing to the roof of a 5 story building.

That might be it, maybe he was a workers comp queen and he knew he'd never be able to get another job with that on his record. But he still had another option besides suicide--- he could have moved to NYC, found a doctor to diagnose him with a mental disorder, and he could get $45,000 a year.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/ex_cops_in_ych_out_4nU7DbYE1j3TsBLfeaCO3L?listcomments=true

RaiderH8r
03-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Gravity: it works even when you don't.

Iowanian
03-18-2011, 08:53 AM
"I'm not cleaning that up, call the laborers"

Cave Johnson
03-18-2011, 09:02 AM
If only Shitty would extend us the same courtesy....

Chief Henry
03-18-2011, 09:05 AM
"I'm not cleaning that up, its not in the union contract"

fyp

The Mad Crapper
03-18-2011, 09:45 AM
If only Shitty would extend us the same courtesy....

I was thinking the same thing about you and Jenson (Leopold and Loeb)--- only in my fantasy I was pushing you.

Cave Johnson
03-18-2011, 10:00 AM
I was thinking the same thing about you and Jenson (Leopold and Loeb)--- only in my fantasy I was pushing you.

Might want to investigate the distinction between suicide and homicide, yo.

The Mad Crapper
03-18-2011, 10:02 AM
Might want to investigate the distinction between suicide and homicide, yo.

That's so cute when rich little white boys use hip hop vernacular.

CrazyPhuD
03-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Well at least this way we don't have to pay him unemployment. So he's helping the budget two fold.

The Mad Crapper
03-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Jenson and Pittsie:

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/photos/assets_c/2009/10/leopold-thumb-autox580-21198.jpg

ROFL