PDA

View Full Version : Life Punching A Guy In The Face

Direckshun
03-18-2011, 06:17 AM
I've never been in a physical altercation in my life. Never really had to. So I've never had the pleasure of just walloping someone across the face.

I see characters do it a ton in the movies and on TV. There's always a "boom" sound when it happens, and most of the time the character throwing the punch is unfazed afterwards.

I've witnessed a few fist fights, and punching a guy in the face sounds more like a deeper, quieter slap, and almost always hurts afterwards to the guy who had to throw the punch.

What does punching a guy in the face feel like? How does it not destroy your hand every single time? You're punching a fucking skull.

BigRock
03-18-2011, 06:59 AM
How does it not destroy your hand every single time? You're punching a fucking skull.

That's why you go for the throat. Or the temple. Preferably with a roll of quarters in your fist.

Fishpicker
03-18-2011, 07:01 AM
it can hurt like crazy if you dont land the punch with all four knuckles. partially missing can result in a boxer break. if you cold cock somebody there is a lot less resistance. personally I wouldn't ever go looking for a fight but if I wound up in one, I hope I remember to punch with my palm and not a closed fist.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uiGQIh-6Kdo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Crush
03-18-2011, 07:35 AM
This is why you go for the balls.

seclark
03-18-2011, 08:03 AM
i can tell you what it feels like to get punched in the face.
sec

Sofa King
03-18-2011, 08:07 AM
I can tell you what it feels like to punch seclark in the face.

Los Pollos Hermanos
03-18-2011, 08:10 AM
What does punching a guy in the face feel like? How does it not destroy your hand every single time? You're punching a fucking skull.

You're not punching them in the back of the head. Usually it's the nose or the cheek or the eye socket where there's a little give.

Pablo
03-18-2011, 08:10 AM
Punching is more about your lower body than anything.

It doesn't hurt your hands if you have a good follow through.

It does hurt if you're standing flat footed and throwing with your shoulder only.

blaise
03-18-2011, 08:15 AM
I've done it and not hurt my hand. Not that I'm Joe Tough Guy or anything. Maybe the people I hit would say, "Yeah, it didn't hurt my face that bad, either."

seclark
03-18-2011, 08:15 AM
I can tell you what it feels like to punch seclark in the face.

we should get together and make a documentary.
sec

Sofa King
03-18-2011, 08:17 AM
we should get together and make a documentary.
sec

"How to punch a guy in 10 ways"

MIAdragon
03-18-2011, 08:18 AM
Punching is more about your lower body than anything.

It doesn't hurt your hands if you have a good follow through.

It does hurt if you're standing flat footed and throwing with your shoulder only.

LMAO simply not true.

JD10367
03-18-2011, 08:20 AM
That's why God invented baseball bats, knives, and brass knuckles. So you don't have to damage your hands.

R8RFAN
03-18-2011, 08:39 AM
Actually you deliver the punch with the first 2 knuckles as 3 and 4 can be broken easily...Punch to the face generally does not hurt your hand, punch to the head does, you will not feel it usually for several minutes after an altercation though... Put a roll of dimes in your hand for maximum results without a weapon.
I am too old for that shit anymore, not gonna wallow on the asphalt unless there is no no other choice.

MOhillbilly
03-18-2011, 08:40 AM
It feels like Hulk Smash/Milk Plus. You AD dump and dont feel anything.

pikesome
03-18-2011, 08:43 AM
I have scars on my hands that say that hitting someone in the teeth is painful.

R8RFAN
03-18-2011, 08:44 AM

Oh yea , costly too if he presses charges usually

threebag02
03-18-2011, 08:45 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyDETn-Up1_Ii91d9jc5r8rxc7E4NGTqSyA_FlU54VSkLwGHYPPw

Bwana
03-18-2011, 08:50 AM
LMAO

Otter
03-18-2011, 08:51 AM
It feels like warm apple pie.

Sofa King
03-18-2011, 08:53 AM
It feels like warm apple pie.

we're talking about punching the face, not humping it.

JOhn
03-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Actually you deliver the punch with the first 2 knuckles as 3 and 4 can be broken easily...Punch to the face generally does not hurt your hand, punch to the head does, you will not feel it usually for several minutes after an altercation though... Put a roll of dimes in your hand for maximum results without a weapon.
I am too old for that shit anymore, not gonna wallow on the asphalt unless there is no no other choice.

I hate to break it to you Einstein, but using a roll of Dimes is considered using a weapon:thumb:

seclark
03-18-2011, 09:01 AM
I hate to break it to you Einstein, but using a roll of Dimes is considered using a weapon:thumb:

"ain't no such thing as a fair fight."
~sec's old man
rip

Lonewolf Ed
03-18-2011, 09:02 AM
I don't know about having a roll of anything in your hand. When I was in martial arts, we were taught to make a fist as tight as possible. And as it was previously said, the first two knuckles are the ones you want to make the impact with. Think of the space between the index and middle knuckles like the sight on a rifle. It may still hurt your knuckles to punch someone in the face, but with a loose fist, you can break the bones in your hand and you should make sure your wrist is locked tight and straight so you don't bend it upon impact and possibly break it as well.

R8RFAN
03-18-2011, 09:03 AM

That is technically true, but you can conceal it in your hand, and then just toss it in the storm drain...

Use a roll of pennies or a Mastercard if you are broke LMAO:thumb:

JOhn
03-18-2011, 09:04 AM
"ain't no such thing as a fair fight."
~sec's old man
rip

Oh I agree :thumb:

Just that if you get caught using the dimes, yo can be charged with assault with a weapon

Los Pollos Hermanos
03-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Who carries a roll a dimes around with them?

R8RFAN
03-18-2011, 09:06 AM
I don't know about having a roll of anything in your hand. When I was in martial arts, we were taught to make a fist as tight as possible. And as it was previously said, the first two knuckles are the ones you want to make the impact with. Think of the space between the index and middle knuckles like the sight on a rifle. It may still hurt your knuckles to punch someone in the face, but with a loose fist, you can break the bones in your hand and you should make sure your wrist is locked tight and straight so you don't bend it upon impact and possibly break it as well.

I didn't want to mention my martial arts training, I was afraid I would scare too many people :thumb:

R8RFAN
03-18-2011, 09:06 AM

I use to, now I carry a glock SF21

MOhillbilly
03-18-2011, 09:16 AM
people that use penny rolls and shit should stay outta fights. You gonna get yo ass mauled.

Jaric
03-18-2011, 09:18 AM
The good news is that because of the adrenaline, you don't usually feel it until after the fight is over. At least that's been my (limited) experiance.

brorth
03-18-2011, 09:20 AM
"How to punch a guy in 10 ways"

NTTAWWT.

Bwana
03-18-2011, 09:20 AM
I use to, now I carry a glock SF21

There you go. You don't want to be caught with a roll of dimes at a gun fight. The only shot (pun intended) a guy might have there, is the guy with the gun might be laughing so hard, one could sneak in a reverse knife hand strike to the throat.

That's kind of like the airlines. You can't bring on a dinky pair of nail clippers, BUT you can take a lighter and pens. REALLY? LMAO You can take someone out A LOT faster with a pen, than you can with the "evil clippers" and spark up the FOAM seat to finish things off. Seriously, who are the brain trusts that come up with these rules? :hmmm:

R8RFAN
03-18-2011, 09:22 AM
people that use penny rolls and shit should stay outta fights. You gonna get yo ass mauled.

Damn, it never happened to me, You ever been on the receiving end of a good old fashioned ass whippin?

I have been in a few "ties" where it was broken up and I have been hit a few good times, mostly sucker punches but I never flat out got my ass whipped... and I am so old and wise now, its not gonna happen now.

RaiderH8r
03-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Chris Brown says punching a guy in the face can hurt your hands which is why he insists only on roughing up the chicks.

Seriousness aside, doesn't a well landed punch feel just like when you hit a homer on the sweet spot? It is so awesome and then to watch the dude stagger for a brief moment before going at him like a crazed spider monkey bashing his weary skull off of anything in sight. Fantastic. I miss shit like that.

MOhillbilly
03-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Ive never been knocked out by a man/men. Yes ive had my ass kicked...hard.

Pay to play.

R8RFAN
03-18-2011, 09:29 AM

Pay to play.

I have been lucky I guess....

JASONSAUTO
03-18-2011, 09:29 AM

Pay to play.

THIS

MOhillbilly
03-18-2011, 09:32 AM
I have been lucky I guess....

you and me.

were not even the same species.

milkman
03-18-2011, 09:35 AM
I'm such a lovable guy, that I have never been in a fight.

R8RFAN
03-18-2011, 09:35 AM
you and me.

were not even the same species.

Why? Because I am a Raider fan?

R8RFAN
03-18-2011, 09:36 AM
I'm such a lovable guy, that I have never been in a fight.

I did some stupid shit in my life I am not proud of.... Fighting does not make someone a man....

Frazod
03-18-2011, 09:42 AM
How the fuck does a man go his whole life without getting in a fight? I mean, when somebody gets in your face, do you just learn to run like hell, or just automatically drop to your knees and assume the position?

:shake:

Bwana
03-18-2011, 09:45 AM

Pay to play.

I got sucker punched by the state heavy weight arm wrestling champion when I was 19. That was the hardest I have ever been, punched/kicked. I didn't see it coming and it knocked me on my ass. The guy came up and gave me kind of a side uppercut. (He thought I was looking at his woman) LMAO
His old lady was an ugly bitch that looked like she was about three steps out of the cave, Seriously, he was the only guy at that party who would consider boning that thing. If I was "looking at her" I was thinking, how drunk would you have to be to shag that thing, I'm sure.

He came in to try to throw more punches and I put him in a head lock and wouldn't let go. I was still dazed as hell and was trying to let my head clear. A few other guys came around and broke things up.

I ran into the guy about three years later at a party and was looking forward to going a round, when a sucker punch wasn't involved. Much to my surprise, he apologized for being an idiot that night and called his sucker punch "chicken shit." I ended up getting along with the guy fine after that.

MOhillbilly
03-18-2011, 09:48 AM
youre a nice dude bwana.

Bwana
03-18-2011, 09:55 AM
youre a nice dude bwana.

Most of the time, you're right. At this point in my life, I definitely don't go looking for trouble. For one thing, it lakes longer to mend back up these days. ;)

About the only thing that will me me go, is if my family, of myself is in some kind of grave danger. I will walk away from most things, but I would kill without hesitation, if my family was in danger.

MOhillbilly
03-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Any lion worth his salt would do the same.

Otter
03-18-2011, 10:02 AM
youre a nice dude bwana.

Get some Old Crow in Bwana and see how nice his is. Poking old ladies in the eyeball, spitting Copenhagen into babies sippy cups when the Mom isn't looking.

Crazier than a shit house rat and twice as mean when he drinks that stuff.

Bwana
03-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Get some Old Crow in Bwana and see how nice his is. Poking old ladies in the eyeball, spitting Copenhagen into babies sippy cups when the Mom isn't looking.

LMAO

Yeah, that's me! :spock:

Old Crow indeed. That's honestly one fine beverage I have never tried. :D Don't make me post up the pictures of what "CRAZY" is "Otter Howls At Moon." :evil:
http://s.mcstatic.com/thumb/2378094/0/4/directors_cut/0/1/jonas_and_cousin_romulus_smoke_some_pinners.jpg

MOhillbilly
03-18-2011, 10:09 AM

Thats the best part about whiskey Otter...The Freight Train.

Los Pollos Hermanos
03-18-2011, 10:13 AM
The last fight I was in (15 years ago), I was winning until his buddy kicked me in the head. Don't remember much after that.

RedNeckRaider
03-18-2011, 10:21 AM

Pay to play.

Same here, 2nd place in a fight sucks!

Halfcan
03-18-2011, 10:22 AM
I've never been in a physical altercation in my life. Never really had to. So I've never had the pleasure of just walloping someone across the face.

I see characters do it a ton in the movies and on TV. There's always a "boom" sound when it happens, and most of the time the character throwing the punch is unfazed afterwards.

I've witnessed a few fist fights, and punching a guy in the face sounds more like a deeper, quieter slap, and almost always hurts afterwards to the guy who had to throw the punch.

What does punching a guy in the face feel like? How does it not destroy your hand every single time? You're punching a ****ing skull.

i have punched lots of dudes and have been in many many fight. The key it to am for the nose, mouth, eyes-to disablethem. You throw as hard as you can and the second you make contact-pull back so you get a whipping action-like sanpping a towel. It wont hurt your hand and the whipping action just Cracks them with such power it takes them out.

If you have to fight-make it short-don't go to the ground-hit first-hit hard-take them out-then get out of there before the cops take you to jail.

Nose-left then right- then knee or foot to the nut- throat-left then right-then forearm smash back to the nose. All this should take less than 45 seconds-and then you get the hell outta there-befor you have to fight his friends or go to jail!!

Halfcan
03-18-2011, 10:23 AM
i have punched lots of dudes and have been in many many fight. The key it to am for the nose, mouth, eyes-to disablethem. You throw as hard as you can and the second you make contact-pull back so you get a whipping action-like sanpping a towel. It wont hurt your hand and the whipping action just Cracks them with such power it takes them out.

If you have to fight-make it short-don't go to the ground-hit first-hit hard-take them out-then get out of there before the cops take you to jail.

Nose-left then right- then knee or foot to the nut- throat-left then right-then forearm smash back to the nose. All this should take less than 45 seconds-and then you get the hell outta there-befor you have to fight his friends or go to jail!!

This message is Chuck Norris approved!!

Amnorix
How the fuck does a man go his whole life without getting in a fight? I mean, when somebody gets in your face, do you just learn to run like hell, or just automatically drop to your knees and assume the position?

Just so you know, HUGE segments of the population don't resolve things by physically fighting it out once they're adults.

Maybe its cultural or whatever (East Coast versus Midwest?), but even for my age group (much less now, when fighting is REALLY frowned upon in the school yard etc.) fighting was about over by the time high school was over. Hell, I didn't even hear of many fights during high school.

R8RFAN
Hit first and hit hard

BigMeatballDave
03-18-2011, 10:28 AM

:shake:Me. I've never taken a blow to the face, and I've never delivered one. I've always been a likable guy. Even in school. If someone started shit with me, which was rare, I'd get in their face and they immediately back down.

Demonpenz
03-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Throwing a good punch is like hitting a baseball on a sweet spot or blind side blocking a dude in football.

DBOSHO
03-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Throwing a good punch is like hitting a baseball on a sweet spot or blind side blocking a dude in football.

Alright hines.

Los Pollos Hermanos
03-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Just so you know, HUGE segments of the population don't resolve things by physically fighting it out once they're adults.

Maybe its cultural or whatever (East Coast versus Midwest?), but even for my age group (much less now, when fighting is REALLY frowned upon in the school yard etc.) fighting was about over by the time high school was over. Hell, I didn't even hear of many fights during high school.

Every Ben Afflect/Matt Damon movie I've ever seen shows you Southies fighting over everything.

Gonzo
03-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Broke a knuckle the other night when I donkey punched Lumpy.
Posted via Mobile Device

CrazyPhuD
03-18-2011, 10:43 AM

Apparently a lot of raiders fans keep them in the front of their pants just in case.

Frazod
03-18-2011, 10:44 AM

Hope I didn't offend your delicate parts. FTR, I haven't personally got in a real fight for nearly 15 years. It's not like I get drunk and throw down every Friday night.

My post addressed the idea that a man could grow to adulthood never having gotten into an altercation AT ANY POINT IN HIS LIFE. Ever. Never once stood up to a playground bully. Never got in an argument that escalated. Never got tired of an older brother farting on his head and finally did something about it. Never foolishly challenged somebody while drunk. Never stood up for somebody else getting abused. Never got into it with another guy over a girl. Never just got fed up and snapped at somebody who said the wrong thing at the wrong time. Ever. I could go on and on with reasons, some good, some bad. Unless you grew up under a rock, or on a desert island, I just don't see how it's possible unless you're a biggest puss who ever lived.

If this means you, sorry. At least I don't have to worry about getting my ass kicked over it. LMAO

BigRedChief
03-18-2011, 10:48 AM
I use to work as a bouncer in my younger days. Too many times some little dude come up and hit me for no reason. i'd hit the dude once and usually they would collapse to the ground writhering around in pain while his buddies are laughing their ass off. Seems to be some kind of small penis syndrome thingy. They get the chit kicked out of them, they say the guy was twice my size, they win, hey I beat up a guy twice my size.

I've ben in mire fights than I can count. I had a really bad attitude, I was a big diude in great shape, had a lot of martial arts training, I use to kick the chit out of Europeans just for fun because they dissed America in some way.

But now as an adult, I'm ashamed of my behaviour. Risking my life over such small things was so frikking stupid. Physical violence is the last resort of a limited mind.

To answer the original question....the trick is to hit the jaw on a cross. The physics are with the punch thrower and you won't damage your hand.

Dave Lane
03-18-2011, 10:50 AM
The "hurt" in your hand varies but it never really hurts at the time. I did break a knuckle in a board breaking demo because the guy holding the boards flinched but even that took 3-5 minutes to really start hurting. I knew it was hurt and broken right away but the real hurt began later. Usually adrenaline kicks in and you don't feel anything till after the fight anyway no matter how hard you hit someone.

Simplex3
03-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Back to the point of the thread, "does it hurt when you hit things", the answer is "yes". It doesn't even have to be a skull. I was pretty sure I had broken a hand when I threw a hook to the body on a guy and he got his elbow down to block. Instead of getting both the first and second knuckles on the target I only got the first on on the elbow and the second one slid past. Even with 16oz gloves and hand wraps on that hurt like hell.

Part of it is conditioning, though. If you've been punching things for years your hands will be better conditioned for it and you're more likely to be doing it right. Using proper form is huge.

For me fighting has always been more about defense. As long as I'm not out I can always get my shot in later. Take your time, dodge/block the other guy, then land hard on a soft target with a lot of follow through. A good, solid punch to the chest/stomach/ear/neck will stop someone. Then don't stand there admiring your work, finish the deal.

Bwana
03-18-2011, 10:59 AM
The "hurt" in your hand varies but it never really hurts at the time. I did break a knuckle in a board breaking demo because the guy holding the boards flinched but even that took 3-5 minutes to really start hurting. I knew it was hurt and broken right away but the real hurt began later. Usually adrenaline kicks in and you don't feel anything till after the fight anyway no matter how hard you hit someone.

ROFL

Been there. I didn't break anything, but when you have a holder(s) that don't "lock out" your impact energy is all over the board. (Pun intended) I have broke boards, bricks, blocks, Ice and bottles and never hurt my hands, feet, head, or elbows. I was always VERY careful who was holding, if I was using a holder(s.) White, yellow, green, orange, and blue belts got to watch, not hold. I always tried to con my fellow black belts into holding, every chance I got. At least I knew there would be some focus involved. ;)

Brock
03-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Go through one lawsuit because a guy lost an eye, you pretty much curb your urge to fight forever. Didn't happen to me, just one of my friends who was "likes to fight guy".

KCUnited
03-18-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm too long in the tooth to still be crippling guys with my knuckles and I got too many mouths to feed to be trying to turn these wrenches with broken fingers.

Felt good back in the day though.

BigMeatballDave
03-18-2011, 11:17 AM
My post addressed the idea that a man could grow to adulthood never having gotten into an altercation AT ANY POINT IN HIS LIFE. Ever. Never once stood up to a playground bully. Never got in an argument that escalated. Never got tired of an older brother farting on his head and finally did something about it. Never foolishly challenged somebody while drunk. Never stood up for somebody else getting abused. Never got into it with another guy over a girl. Never just got fed up and snapped at somebody who said the wrong thing at the wrong time. Ever. I could go on and on with reasons, some good, some bad. Unless you grew up under a rock, or on a desert island, I just don't see how it's possible unless you're a biggest puss who ever lived.

I was the fat kid that got picked on. I learned to ignore it. When I got into middle/HS I laughed along with those who made fun. So, making fun of me was no longer fun for them. I eventually made friends with these people.
I have a very long fuse.
There has never been a reason when I HAD to fight. I've never been a drinker, so I rarely went to bars. Weed was my drug, and most people know potheads dont fight. I dont have an older brother. Women arent worth coming to blows over. I've snapped at several people for general dumbassery/douchebaggery, and wanted to take a swing. I never did. I didnt want to face the consequences of getting hit or going to jail.

Fish
03-18-2011, 11:18 AM

Uhhhh.... what? Why on earth would you choose to pull back on your punch? There is no whipping action in a punch. The object is to transfer energy from your hand to their face....

Brock
03-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Uhhhh.... what? Why on earth would you choose to pull back on your punch? There is no whipping action in a punch. The object is to transfer energy from your hand to their face....

LOL. That guy is stupid.

jidar
03-18-2011, 11:21 AM
I've been in some pretty nasty scraps but I've never hurt my hand that badly in a fight. Cut up knuckles is about it.
I guess if you punched someone in the hard ridge of their forehead or something that might be bad, but faces and jaws don't really hurt your hand because they always give.

MOhillbilly
03-18-2011, 11:24 AM
I was the fat kid that got picked on. I learned to ignore it. When I got into middle/HS I laughed along with those who made fun. So, making fun of me was no longer fun for them. I eventually made friends with these people.
I have a very long fuse.
There has never been a reason when I HAD to fight. I've never been a drinker, so I rarely went to bars. Weed was my drug, and most people know potheads dont fight. I dont have an older brother. Women arent worth coming to blows over. I've snapped at several people for general dumbassery/douchebaggery, and wanted to take a swing. I never did. I didnt want to face the consequences of getting hit or going to jail.

My dad was a stone cold pacifist. Drank, went to bars, ran with multiple women, ect.
Never even seen him ball a fist. Dont think i ever heard him yell at anyone other than my mom, once.

Said he didnt like pain.ROFL

Amnorix
03-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Every Ben Afflect/Matt Damon movie I've ever seen shows you Southies fighting over everything.

Sure, Southie is different. Heck, most of Boston is probably different. But out in the 'burbs... :shake:

Amnorix
03-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Hope I didn't offend your delicate parts. FTR, I haven't personally got in a real fight for nearly 15 years. It's not like I get drunk and throw down every Friday night.

Err...no. you just seemed shocked and I wanted to be really clear that that guy was not massively out of the ordinary or anything.

If this means you, sorry. At least I don't have to worry about getting my ass kicked over it. LMAO

I got into a few scrapes as a kid. Nothing after middle school. One thing is REALLY clear to me now -- having two boys of my own -- growing up an only child really cuts down on the amount of fighting you do. My two boys get along pretty well most of the time, but every once in a while it's armageddon.

Molitoth
03-18-2011, 11:40 AM
Everytime I've punched some dude in the face, I've either broken a knuckle or sprained my wrist. =/

Granted I got the best of them, but I still hurt myself. It's annoying.

Deberg_1990
03-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Wow....didn't realize we had so many brawlers on this board? Why arnt some of you guys showcasing your skillz in the MMA leagues?
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
03-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Wow....didn't realize we had so many brawlers on this board? Why arnt some of you guys showcasing your skillz in the MMA leagues?
Posted via Mobile DeviceNot me. I'm a self-proclaimed pussy! :thumb:

BIG_DADDY
03-18-2011, 11:48 AM
This place cracks me up. I gotta say you have got some really bad advice. 1st of all you don't use your whole fist, you use the two big knuckles. Secondly the whole "whipping action" almost brought me to tears from laughter. You never pull punches. Most of your power is generated by transferring weight through your hips and then through your target. You should always punch through your target. For the life of me I can't believe that any male could make it to maturity without knowing this and at least having been in a couple fights. My 3 year old could give you a demonstration on how this works right now. I think learning to fight and at least taking a couple of years of formal training from a good school should be a right of passage to becoming an adult male. My kids formal training will begin soon.

phisherman
03-18-2011, 11:55 AM
You should always punch through your target..

Striking Rule # 1 = Hit THROUGH the target, not TO the target

Mr. Laz
03-18-2011, 11:57 AM
first off, it's nothing like in the movies

if you wind up in those roundhouse,haymaker type punches you see in the movie the guy will duck or hit you first.

Really focus on his jaw and keep your swing short and as quick as possible. fast,fast,fast ... the faster the punch "feels" the better. It doesn't take much power to knock someone out if you hit them right in the jaw.

Halfcan
03-18-2011, 12:07 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

That is a good way to get your arm broke in 10 places. those guys are just in a different league.

Watch that Bully for bucks show-wow they beat the crap out of somebodys bully and make it look easy.

BIG_DADDY
03-18-2011, 12:09 PM

Kung Fu Panda now with "Whipping Action" LMAO

Where else you gonna get this shit? Only ChiefsPlanet.

Halfcan
03-18-2011, 12:14 PM
This place cracks me up. I gotta say you have got some really bad advice. 1st of all you don't use your whole fist, you use the two big knuckles. Secondly the whole "whipping action" almost brought me to tears from laughter. You never pull punches. Most of your power is generated by transferring weight through your hips and then through your target. You should always punch through your target. For the life of me I can't believe that any male could make it to maturity without knowing this and at least having been in a couple fights. My 3 year old could give you a demonstration on how this works right now. I think learning to fight and at least taking a couple of years of formal training from a good school should be a right of passage to becoming an adult male. My kids formal training will begin soon.

I never said "pull" your punches. :spock: Throwing a haymaker and having the guy lower his head is a good way to get your wrist broke.

Brock
03-18-2011, 12:15 PM
I never said "pull" your punches. :spock: Throwing a haymaker and having the guy lower his head is a good way to get your wrist broke.

the second you make contact-pull back

LOL

Iowanian
03-18-2011, 12:29 PM
The key is to make Karate noises and shout "POW" and "BLAMO" on contact.

Halfcan
03-18-2011, 12:33 PM
LOL

pull back After contact is Not the same as pulling punches-

pulling punches would mean you are Not giving full power-and that is Not what i intended.

I meant more to Snap you punches with power.

i think everyone has there own style-whatever gets the job done.

LiveSteam
03-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Don't worry about fighting. It doesn't hurt till the next day. BUT IT IS STUPID!!
Always throw the first punch,ALWAYS! Never hurts to get the mans shirt over his head & put a few knees to his face as well.
The #1 rule if you have to defend your self against someone you dnt know?
There are no rules.
I found this out the hard way. I got stabbed in throat in a fight, that turned into a pig stick-en contest when I was 17
#2 rule? Get it over with as fast as you can. Then get the hell out of there before the cops show up.
#3 never fight when your drunk. NEVER!

Iowanian
03-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Halfcan throws bombs because of the High Karate aftershave.

MOhillbilly
03-18-2011, 12:47 PM

wrong

rule 1 - never let em see it comin

anyone know what rule # 2 is?

Halfcan
03-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Halfcan throws bombs because of the High Karate aftershave.

Wow that is a funny as most of your lame jokes. :spock:

BIG_DADDY
03-18-2011, 01:09 PM

You are actually going to attempt to give more advice after that? Wow. Only at the planet. The worst advice you will ever get can be found right here.

pull back After contact is Not the same as pulling punches-

pulling punches would mean you are Not giving full power-and that is Not what i intended.

I meant more to Snap you punches with power.

i think everyone has there own style-whatever gets the job done.

No, everyone does not have their own style. You really need to stop before you embarrass yourself further.

Earthling
03-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Last fight I was in was some years back when a drunk threw a punch at a lady friend of mine. I had him on the floor pretty quickly and used my elbow to hit his chin with a lot of my 250 lbs. behind it. It didn't knock him out but his eyes literally glazed over and that was the end of that.

Played a country bar in Fruita Colorado once and it was like a wild west movie. Two dudes were rough housing with each other and some of the patrons took offense and tried to break them up. One of the dudes that started the ruckus put down about 5 others that tried to get him down. One hit each time and they dropped like a sack of potatoes. One of those 5 being an off duty Deputy of the law. Of course he was arrested and I'm thinking got about 5 years to think about his fun night.

Iowanian
03-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Wow that is a funny as most of your lame jokes. :spock:

My jokes pack more punch than your "whip it" roundhouse, Devo.

Earthling
03-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Oh..and Mom always said if you never start a fight then everything is legal to end it. :thumb:

Phobia
03-18-2011, 01:29 PM
When I was a kid I broke my thumb twice because I had a thumb flopping around catching on stuff. Since then I've learned and never hurt my hand. Haven't been in a fight for a very long time.

R8RFAN
03-18-2011, 01:31 PM
When I was a kid I broke my thumb twice because I had a thumb flopping around catching on stuff. Since then I've learned and never hurt my hand. Haven't been in a fight for a very long time.

Wearing a hat like that probably got your ass kicked alot :thumb: Take off the hat dude

MOhillbilly
03-18-2011, 01:34 PM
well a huck of a man witha beer in his hand.....

Direckshun
03-18-2011, 03:24 PM
How the **** does a man go his whole life without getting in a fight? I mean, when somebody gets in your face, do you just learn to run like hell, or just automatically drop to your knees and assume the position?

I've only had someone "get in my face" like three times in my life, maybe. Every time, words were had, that was about it. There was shoving once that I recall, but people got between us pretty fast.

I got in fights in grade school, particularly when I was playing sports in games and in practices. But never off the field.

Bwana
03-18-2011, 03:32 PM

Yeah, my jaw hit the floor when I read that myself. Try that whole "whip" theory out when your breaking something harder than a face, like wood or bricks. Pop goes the hand, on goes the cast.

Bwana
03-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Been there, done that............you?

phisherman
03-18-2011, 03:41 PM
wrong

good point. i've been blindsided before; never blindsided anyone.

of course, i never really was a stand up type fighter. one quick double leg and then it's on to bashing the kidneys. i've taken some shots to the back to the back/top of the head with this technique, but those don't hurt so much. at least they don't until the adrenaline starts to slow down.

MOhillbilly
03-18-2011, 03:46 PM
good point. i've been blindsided before; never blindsided anyone.

of course, i never really was a stand up type fighter. one quick double leg and then it's on to bashing the kidneys. i've taken some shots to the back to the back/top of the head with this technique, but those don't hurt so much. at least they don't until the adrenaline starts to slow down.

its not even about a blindside/sucker punch. Its about taking away that advantage.
If shits gonna get heated and someones in your face, take your shot, make it count, dont let em up.

Brock
03-18-2011, 03:49 PM
its not even about a blindside/sucker punch. Its about taking away that advantage.
If shits gonna get heated and someones in your face, take your shot, make it count, dont let em up.

It should go like this, they get in your face and say something like "You wanna start somTHUD"

MOhillbilly
03-18-2011, 03:53 PM
It should go like this, they get in your face and say something like "You wanna start somTHUD"

ding!

First loser isnt a good war story.

phisherman
03-18-2011, 03:57 PM

i agree there. the one piece of advice about fighting that has always stuck with me was, "if you're going to take the 1st shot, make it count".

Dayze
03-18-2011, 03:57 PM

^that

R8RFAN
03-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Men boys on this thread, I am gonna go hide under the fridge..

MOhillbilly
03-18-2011, 04:01 PM
i agree there. the one piece of advice about fighting that has always stuck with me was, "if you're going to take the 1st shot, make it count".

in my mind i always think 'take the 1st shot'. why let it get to the point of guns, knives,bricks, & bats?

you get into a knife fight youd never think "if" again.

pay to play.

Brock
03-18-2011, 04:02 PM

What's the matter, your shitty thread die?

R8RFAN
03-18-2011, 04:05 PM
What's the matter, your shitty thread die?

Hell ya, didn't have but 253 replies :spock:

Halfcan
03-18-2011, 04:05 PM
You are actually going to attempt to give more advice after that? Wow. Only at the planet. The worst advice you will ever get can be found right here.

No, everyone does not have their own style. You really need to stop before you embarrass yourself further.

Oh so everyone fights exactly the same???

Does anyone fight with fist anymore?? Usually the people looking for trouble have guns nowdays.

MOhillbilly
03-18-2011, 04:10 PM

Does anyone fight with fist anymore?? Usually the people looking for trouble have guns nowdays.

pfffff

FishingRod
03-18-2011, 04:14 PM
I was the youngest guy in the neighborhood so I had to fight or take a bunch of shit. I didn’t like to take shit and had no issue in picking up a bat or golf club to make up for a size disadvantage. I took any number of beat downs and give some in return. Never knocked anyone out never got knocked out. I had an older brother and older bothers picked on younger brothers, that was just the way things were. We used to box but instead of gloves used basketball kneepads. He was a lefty, 3 ˝ years older than me and one time he hit me square on the chin with a hook and then hit me 2 more times as I was falling down. Think of Tommy Morrison VS Ray Mercer. Didn’t knock me out TV style but it was way more than 10 seconds before I got back off my backside. The Last fight I was in I was still a teenager and the other guy started it and I finished it. I didn’t really feel proud or tough for giving him a beat down he really asked for but a little disappointed this idiot had baited me into loosing control. Since then I have walked away from quite a few opportunities people were trying to give me to fight them. There are still a lot of “likes to fight guys in the world” but unless someone takes a swing at me or starts some crap with the wife or family I’ll hopefully just walk away. I’m no longer young or in shape and have only slightly less desire to punch someone in the face than I do to receive one of my own. Now to the topic at hand it makes a lot more noise inside your own head when someone punches it than when you punch someone else.

Fish
03-18-2011, 04:19 PM

No.... everybody doesn't fight the same. But everyone is restricted by the same physics. Which will cause you to break your hand if you're punching with the kind of Whippit action you were talking about. That jerky pull-back motion will take all the power out of it and likely bend your hand in a direction it's not supposed to.

seclark
03-18-2011, 04:24 PM
I was the youngest guy in the neighborhood so I had to fight or take a bunch of shit. I didn’t like to take shit and had no issue in picking up a bat or golf club to make up for a size disadvantage. I took any number of beat downs and give some in return. Never knocked anyone out never got knocked out. I had an older brother and older bothers picked on younger brothers, that was just the way things were. We used to box but instead of gloves used basketball kneepads. He was a lefty, 3 ˝ years older than me and one time he hit me square on the chin with a hook and then hit me 2 more times as I was falling down. Think of Tommy Morrison VS Ray Mercer. Didn’t knock me out TV style but it was way more than 10 seconds before I got back off my backside. The Last fight I was in I was still a teenager and the other guy started it and I finished it. I didn’t really feel proud or tough for giving him a beat down he really asked for but a little disappointed this idiot had baited me into loosing control. Since then I have walked away from quite a few opportunities people were trying to give me to fight them. There are still a lot of “likes to fight guys in the world” but unless someone takes a swing at me or starts some crap with the wife or family I’ll hopefully just walk away. I’m no longer young or in shape and have only slightly less desire to punch someone in the face than I do to receive one of my own. Now to the topic at hand it makes a lot more noise inside your own head when someone punches it than when you punch someone else.

yeah, my big brother beat the shit out of me all the time. i'd usually climb up trees, houses, towers, etc and piss on him when he walked under me.

we both figure things worked out pretty even over the years.
sec

R8RFAN
03-18-2011, 04:25 PM
yeah, my big brother beat the shit out of me all the time. i'd usually climb up trees, houses, towers, etc and piss on him when he walked under me.

sec

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOROFL

Halfcan
03-18-2011, 04:26 PM
No.... everybody doesn't fight the same. But everyone is restricted by the same physics. Which will cause you to break your hand if you're punching with the kind of Whippit action you were talking about. That jerky pull-back motion will take all the power out of it and likely bend your hand in a direction it's not supposed to.

Well whatever, I have knocked a lot of dudes out cold and have never broke a bone or knuckle. When I was in 5th grade I did break my boxer bone in my hand because I knocked a kid out and on the follow through hit the wall. That is when I learned to shorten my punches. I was stabbed with a screwdriver in the leg once. Hit with a bat several times-broken ribs once, and had a gun pulled on me.

I actually gave up fighting when my kids were born. I grew up having to fight, was wild when I was a teen, got drunk and got into bar fights. But the last time I got into this huge bar fight and got thrown into jail. It is just not worth it unless someone is messing with my family.

Halfcan
03-18-2011, 04:28 PM

Ever hear of a punch called a jab?? It is much different from a haymaker, uppercut, right cross. They actually use that punch a lot in boxing and MMA.

I have seen a lot of fights won with a good jab-Ali, Lennox Lewis, ect...

Fish
03-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Well whatever, I have knocked a lot of dudes out cold and have never broke a bone or knuckle. When I was in 5th grade I did break my boxer bone in my hand because I knocked a kid out and on the follow through hit the wall. That is when I learned to shorten my punches. I was stabbed with a screwdriver in the leg once. Hit with a bat several times-broken ribs once, and had a gun pulled on me.

I actually gave up fighting when my kids were born. I grew up having to fight, was wild when I was a teen, got drunk and got into bar fights. But the last time I got into this huge bar fight and got thrown into jail. It is just not worth it unless someone is messing with my family.

I'm not challenging your ability to fight, bud. I'm just saying that the punching technique you described earlier wouldn't be recommended by anybody who claims to be good at punching things.

Fish
03-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Ever hear of a punch called a jab?? It is much different from a haymaker, uppercut, right cross. They actually use that punch a lot in boxing and MMA.

I have seen a lot of fights won with a good jab-Ali, Lennox Lewis, ect...

Yes I've heard of the jab. Never ever have I heard someone describe a jab as having any kind of pull back whipping action like snapping a towel. Most would tell you to twist your wrist inward at the end of a jab while following through. No jerking back action.

JASONSAUTO
03-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Yes I've heard of the jab. Never ever have I heard someone describe a jab as having any kind of pull back whipping action like snapping a towel. Most would tell you to twist your wrist inward at the end of a jab while following through. No jerking back action.

yep lol

philfree
03-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Never been in a fight as an adult and not to many as a kid. ( I don't count the big brother conficts.) Most people get along with me so it's just not an issue. Never backed down just never had to. And then there is that part about being smart enough to know how to avoid trouble.

PhilFree:arrow:

FishingRod
03-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Well whatever, I have knocked a lot of dudes out cold and have never broke a bone or knuckle. When I was in 5th grade I did break my boxer bone i

What the hell were you doing to your Boxer to break its Bone?

Good Night everyone

LiveSteam
03-18-2011, 05:02 PM
You Pussy's:evil:
Dont fuck with me! I will neg upper cut your ass.

Bwana
03-18-2011, 05:10 PM

sec

I had a cousin that pulled that crap once. Old Cousin "Dave" and a buddy of his were at the top of a haystack. I was walking below and all of a sudden all I could feel was wet. I thought it was rain for a split second, but realized it was "warm rain." :hmmm: Old Dave was 5 years older, so I couldn't kick his ass at the time, but I never forgot. It would seem I grew up bigger and a lot better fighter than cousin Dave, but I never did even the score. Old Dave has bought me A LOT of beers over the years to try to make up for my unexpected "rain dance." :doh!:I do remind him that, at some point in time, I WILL even the score and give him a head knock or two. I never would do that at this point, but he doesn't know that and the cold FREE beer is nice! :thumb:

jspchief
03-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Here's the thing. Just like the posters in this thread, in real life most people never get in (or even witness) a real fight. They think fights consist of some jawing, followed by 1 or 2 wild swings or some wrestling, then the bouncers/friends break it up and everyone goes home.

It's easy enough just from reading these responses to tell who knows what it's about and who doesn't (Halfclown). Most people don't have the stuff to actually hit someone in the face. They talk about where their punches will land, and how they'll duck this way and uppercut that way.

I'd wager I've been in as many fights as anyone on the board. I have the false teeth and reconstructed nose to show for the ones that didn't go my way. I've woken up in an ambulance, and walked away from someone I wasn't sure would live. I've been hit with a baseball bat. I've seen someone get their head slammed in a car door. I've seen people shit their pants and keeping fighting and win.

A word of advice for you guys like that like to talk tough when you get beer muscles. One day you may stick your finger in the face of the wrong guy. His size won't tip you off. He won't stop just because you do. There's some bad guys out there and all the stupid shit you think you know about fighting isn't going to do you a damn bit of good.

Phobia
03-18-2011, 06:34 PM
That's a pretty good post, jsp. The scraps I had as a kid were mostly just toe-to-toe idiot kids jerking around. I wouldn't want to fight some random person today because:
1. you never know what they'll pull out of their pocket.
2. you don't know what kind of training they've had.
3. you never know how bad you can hurt somebody as a fully grown strong man.

I'm really scared to fight also because the USMC made some things second nature for me in the event I got stuck in a hand-to-hand situation on the battlefield. The stuff they taught us wasn't designed to knock a guy out and have him wake up with a headache and a puffy eye the next day. They taught us to disable a guy and put him down so he won't get back up. I don't want to use any of that stuff on anybody but it's in me. Somebody comes at me swinging is probably going away on a stretcher with compound fractures and dislocated joints because I'm not swinging at your face or gut. I'm putting you on the ground using leverage, momentum, and your body weight against you.

Don't fight somebody if you don't know where they've been.

Bwana
03-18-2011, 06:54 PM
One day you may stick your finger in the face of the wrong guy. His size won't tip you off. He won't stop just because you do. There's some bad guys out there and all the stupid shit you think you know about fighting isn't going to do you a damn bit of good.

Dead nuts on the money right there. There is ALWAYS someone more bad ass out there, period.

R8RFAN
03-18-2011, 07:00 PM
" God made man but Samuel Colt made them equal"

Bwana
03-18-2011, 07:05 PM

They say the same thing about banging stray....... :hmmm:

Bwana
03-18-2011, 07:12 PM

From my experience, there is one technique where the "snap" comes into play and that's the forward backfist, where you want to snap your wrist down on a nose. Other than that, one always want to punch through the target. If you're hitting someone in the face, your fist will end up at where the back of their head was, when you finish your punch. The same goes for breaking. If you tried to use the "snap," on a brick, or even a wood stack, the only thing that would snap would be the bones in your hand.

88TG88
03-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Never been in a fight as an adult and not to many as a kid. ( I don't count the big brother conficts.) Most people get along with me so it's just not an issue. Never backed down just never had to. And then there is that part about being smart enough to know how to avoid trouble.

Thats how I am too

Frazod
03-18-2011, 07:24 PM

Really? I thought you'd be out punching people in the mouth so hard that they shit teeth the next day.

Apparently you're not only the Donald Trump of delivery boys, you're also the Chuck Norris of delivery boys! LMAO

R8RFAN
03-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Really? I thought you'd be out punching people in the mouth so hard that they shit teeth the next day.

Apparently you're not only the Donald Trump of delivery boys, you're also the Chuck Norris of delivery boys! LMAO
and it begins... Grow up Zod the wanna be mod

Frazod
03-18-2011, 07:32 PM
and it begins... Grow up Zod the wanna be mod

Oh, I want to be like you when I grow up. Some loudmouth moron truck driver living in a shack in bumblefuck Carolina who thinks he's the King of Wall Street because he's got a bag of cash buried out behind the shithouse and no credit. YEEHAW!!!!!!!!! ROFL

Superturtle
03-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Oh, I want to be like you when I grow up. Some loudmouth moron truck driver living in a shack in bumblefuck Carolina who thinks he's the King of Wall Street because he's got a bag of cash buried out behind the shithouse and no credit. YEEHAW!!!!!!!!! ROFL
http://i41.tinypic.com/11vsjdj.jpg

Rain Man
03-18-2011, 08:43 PM
That's a pretty good post, jsp. The scraps I had as a kid were mostly just toe-to-toe idiot kids jerking around. I wouldn't want to fight some random person today because:

I'm really scared to fight also because the USMC made some things second nature for me in the event I got stuck in a hand-to-hand situation on the battlefield. The stuff they taught us wasn't designed to knock a guy out and have him wake up with a headache and a puffy eye the next day. They taught us to disable a guy and put him down so he won't get back up. I don't want to use any of that stuff on anybody but it's in me. Somebody comes at me swinging is probably going away on a stretcher with compound fractures and dislocated joints because I'm not swinging at your face or gut. I'm putting you on the ground using leverage, momentum, and your body weight against you.

I wish I'd known this before we met.

Chief3188
03-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Larry Johnson says to just hit a woman because her face is softer

Phobia
03-18-2011, 10:50 PM
I wish I'd known this before we met.

You trying to start something?

Deberg_1990
03-18-2011, 11:15 PM

I so want to fight you now.

Fish
03-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Well I've got close to a 1000 rating on Wii boxing. I'll take on all y'all right now....

Phobia
03-18-2011, 11:33 PM
I so want to fight you now.

I'll fight you for a snack and then shoot a Frazod appliance for dessert.

Simply Red
03-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Thank God you finally started smoking buds, Dshun.

Simply Red
03-18-2011, 11:41 PM
Well I've got close to a 1000 rating on Wii boxing. I'll take on all y'all right now....

there was nothing LIKE beating Mike Tyson.

DaneMcCloud
03-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Here's the thing. Just like the posters in this thread, in real life most people never get in (or even witness) a real fight. They think fights consist of some jawing, followed by 1 or 2 wild swings or some wrestling, then the bouncers/friends break it up and everyone goes home.

It's easy enough just from reading these responses to tell who knows what it's about and who doesn't (Halfclown). Most people don't have the stuff to actually hit someone in the face. They talk about where their punches will land, and how they'll duck this way and uppercut that way.

I'd wager I've been in as many fights as anyone on the board. I have the false teeth and reconstructed nose to show for the ones that didn't go my way. I've woken up in an ambulance, and walked away from someone I wasn't sure would live. I've been hit with a baseball bat. I've seen someone get their head slammed in a car door. I've seen people shit their pants and keeping fighting and win.

A word of advice for you guys like that like to talk tough when you get beer muscles. One day you may stick your finger in the face of the wrong guy. His size won't tip you off. He won't stop just because you do. There's some bad guys out there and all the stupid shit you think you know about fighting isn't going to do you a damn bit of good.

Dude, I've always like you and respected you but DAMN!

I may be out of place but why would your fights escalate to this point? I mean, Fuck, I was in a lot of fights when I was younger and boxed for more than five years (which I know, is different than street fighting).

But seriously, unless someone was going to hurt a family member, I just don't understand why it would get to that point.

And I ask with all due respect. I'm not Donger.

FTR, I had a good friend in junior high and high school that fought like that and ended up doing 10 years time in prison.

Simply Red
03-18-2011, 11:47 PM
IDK - I usually pop shots in the air.

Mr. Kotter
03-19-2011, 12:02 AM
If you are above the age of 17, and haven't punched another dude in the face...please turn in your "man card" at the nearest reporting station.

By then, the stupidity of some douche has surely deserved it, despite a tempting spineless failure to stand-up for yourself. For me it was 7th grade shop class, and 10th grade cafeteria: both deserved it, without any question at all. Bullys that needed to be put in their place, in short.

Never had an issue in arise in either school after those incidents. 100% true.

:shrug:

Mr. Kotter
03-19-2011, 12:05 AM
IDK - I usually pop shots in the air.

How do we go from self-defense...to gay porn. :hmmm:

NTTAWWT, of course. Heh

stevieray
03-19-2011, 12:21 AM
fights are usually spontaneous, and are never what you think or expect them to be.

be able to read people or sense the escalation, hopefully to your advantage, including when to walk away....know your limitations to avoid an asskicking.

if unavoidable, strike first and hard.

as already mentioned, nowadays, it's just not worth the trouble, effort or mending.

Frazod
03-19-2011, 01:20 AM
I'll fight you for a snack and then shoot a Frazod appliance for dessert.

Shoot the dishwasher. It's broken.

HMc
03-19-2011, 03:11 AM
if you were new here, you could be forgiven for thinking that every CP member had never paid a dime in interest on CC debt, wears 700 dollar pants, drinks boutique beer no one else has ever heard of and can (and will) kick the ass of anyone and everyone who dare enter his personal space at any time for any reason

the rest of the time they spend winding up a fat kid from houston on a chiefs bulletin board

RedNeckRaider
03-19-2011, 10:50 AM

Amnorix is most likely the Michel Bolden wannabe Matt busts in the bar plagiarizing in Good Will Hunting~

Rausch
03-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Amnorix is most likely the Michel Bolden wannabe Matt busts in the bar plagiarizing in Good Will Hunting~

This White on White crime is way out of hand...

RedNeckRaider
03-19-2011, 11:01 AM
This White on White crime is way out of hand...

Who you callin white?

Phobia
03-19-2011, 11:50 AM
if you were new here, you could be forgiven for thinking that every CP member had never paid a dime in interest on CC debt, wears 700 dollar pants, drinks boutique beer no one else has ever heard of and can (and will) kick the ass of anyone and everyone who dare enter his personal space at any time for any reason

the rest of the time they spend winding up a fat kid from houston on a chiefs bulletin board

I wear 700 dollar pants but I only paid $20 for them with my credit card. But I can throw a football 100 yards with my off-hand and I only date supermodels.

Halfcan
03-19-2011, 12:04 PM

I am sure the 6'5 360 Oklahoma State linemen I knocked out back in the day would disagree with you.

We were at a party in Grandview and this guy was huge and just pushing his weight around. He cornered my friends wife in the kichen and started practically raping here. Her husband was on a beer run and most everyone else was outside. I went in a broke it up just about the same time her husband got home. They threw him and his posse of punks out of the party.

10 minutes later he came in while we were playing cards. Me and my friends did not want trouble, were not looking for it and just tried to leave so their house would not get destroyed. He attacked us as were were going out the door. My girlfriend and I landed 6 feet out in the yard, while he body slammed my friend on the porch. He had his huge hands around Brians throat and choking the life out of him. Something snapped in me and I ran up and hit that guy so hard in the face his nose was flat. I never saw soo much blood. His head flew back and it was like a redwood falling-TIMBER right threw the glass door into the house.

The bigger you are the harder you fall!!

Halfcan
03-19-2011, 12:07 PM

I was never trained-my training consisted of getting the shit beat out me by the neighbohood bullys until I probably into the 7th grade. I finally just had enough and got into this all out brawl with this bigger kid. We both were bloodied up but I got him down with a headlock and just pummled him until his mom ran out and pulled me off.

Nobody messed with me after that. They figured their were easier targets.

Bwana
03-19-2011, 12:10 PM
I was never trained-my training consisted of getting the shit beat out me by the neighbohood bullys until I probably into the 7th grade. I finally just had enough and got into this all out brawl with this bigger kid. We both were bloodied up but I got him down with a headlock and just pummled him until his mom ran out and pulled me off.

Nobody messed with me after that. They figured their were easier targets.

Well, at least it had a happy ending. :thumb:

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2011, 12:12 PM
No one ever starts shit with me. I got a crazy look in my eyes. The kind that says "I'd like to taste your flesh."

Bwana
03-19-2011, 12:13 PM
No one ever starts shit with me. I got a crazy look in my eyes. The kind that says "I'd like to taste your flesh."

NTTIAWWT

Halfcan
03-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Well, at least it had a happy ending. :thumb:

Well not really. As I got bigger-I became the bully. It was a right of passage in my neighborhood. You didn't have to trick or treat anymore-just beat a kid up and take his.

We were all hard drinkers by 16 and would go out and look for shit. When you look for it-you usually find it. We got into a huge scrap-Chrisman VS Ruskin right on Noland road-we were having a party at the Super 8 and they tried to bust in-we busted them.

I was in the 1 70 riot-did not fight-just watched the Motorcycle gangs take on the cops.

Then in college got in several bar fights. When my daughter was born I had just got into a bar fight and just had so much anger in me. She saved me-I have not fought since.

No matter how tough you are-there is always someone badder out there-glad I retired before I killed someone or someone killed me.

R8RFAN
03-19-2011, 12:32 PM
No one ever starts shit with me. I got a crazy look in my eyes. The kind that says "I'd like to taste your Wiener."

FYP

Brock
03-19-2011, 06:32 PM
I retired before I killed someone or someone killed me.

Kind of unfortunate, really.

Over-Head
03-19-2011, 07:28 PM
No one ever starts shit with me. I got a crazy look in my eyes. The kind that says "I'd like to taste your cock if you have one." FYP :thumb:

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2011, 07:31 PM
FYP :thumb:

If someone challenges me to a fight, I usually put on my purple spandex and this is my opening move:

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uQ_zMeBCVBs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uQ_zMeBCVBs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

Easy 6
03-20-2011, 01:13 PM
I dont know how to describe my punch, all i know is the sound it makes when it kills a man...

Phobia
03-20-2011, 01:15 PM

Now that's downright hilariously rude. You gotta be careful what words hit the screen on this site.

BIG_DADDY
03-20-2011, 01:53 PM

LMAO

BIG_DADDY
03-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Well not really. As I got bigger-I became the bully. It was a right of passage in my neighborhood. You didn't have to trick or treat anymore-just beat a kid up and take his.

We were all hard drinkers by 16 and would go out and look for shit. When you look for it-you usually find it. We got into a huge scrap-Chrisman VS Ruskin right on Noland road-we were having a party at the Super 8 and they tried to bust in-we busted them.

I was in the 1 70 riot-did not fight-just watched the Motorcycle gangs take on the cops.

Then in college got in several bar fights. When my daughter was born I had just got into a bar fight and just had so much anger in me. She saved me-I have not fought since.

No matter how tough you are-there is always someone badder out there-glad I retired before I killed someone or someone killed me.

I am sure everyones convinced you're a bad ass now dude, relax.

Phobia
03-20-2011, 02:01 PM
I knocked out a 580 lbs dude once.

Slainte
03-20-2011, 02:07 PM
And how many bottles of Jack Daniels did you consume that night?...

RedNeckRaider
03-20-2011, 02:10 PM

Yeah asshole while you left me to fight his two bigger brothers~

BIG_DADDY
03-20-2011, 02:11 PM

Was that the 6'10" biker dude with facial tats you bitch slapped in front of his gang?

Bwana
03-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Was that the 6'10" biker dude with facial tats you bitch slapped in front of his gang?

Yes and I was there! I took this shot, right before the beatdown. Phobia made a wise crack about his hat and it was all downhill from there. :doh!:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_IeYakWee6dM/R8Vb8DpmfHI/AAAAAAAAAOE/qdOeFeKNcJs/big+guy+1a.jpg

BIG_DADDY
03-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Yes and I was there! I took this shot, right before the beatdown. Phobia made a wise crack about his hat and it was all downhill from there. :doh!:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_IeYakWee6dM/R8Vb8DpmfHI/AAAAAAAAAOE/qdOeFeKNcJs/big+guy+1a.jpg

It's a good thing Phil executed that bitch slap with "Whipping Action". I'm never messing with that dude. I'll just buy him a cold one and thank him for being my friend.

Bwana
03-20-2011, 03:14 PM
It's a good thing Phil executed that bitch slap with "Whipping Action". I'm never messing with that dude. I'll just buy him a cold one and thank him for being my friend.

I didn't have a direct view of the knockout shot Troy, but I think it goes without saying, as fast as this guy hit the parking lot, the secret 007 whipping technique, was indeed executed! :eek:

http://bstk.game-engine.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/uraken-or-riken-back-fist-150x150.jpg

ThaVirus
03-20-2011, 03:21 PM

Not many people, I'd guess. I've had friends tell me a lighter works just as well..

ThaVirus
03-20-2011, 03:21 PM

Dude, don't forget the 4.4 40...

KChiefer
03-20-2011, 04:07 PM

A bud of mine got pulled into a fight, and a guy's tooth lodged in his knuckle. Think his surgery was about $5K.

Param
03-20-2011, 05:14 PM
wrong

anyone know what rule # 2 is?

rule #1 is pretty wise if you're going to deliver the hit.

The way to avoid rule #1 is never let them in your personal space because that's where the "never see it coming" happens.

Personally, the older I get the idea of "fighting" goes down the drain. I would rather just leave and avoid confrontation.

I prefer defense, always have. Easier to take a few steps back or quick step to the side and retaliate.

rule #2 would be to quickly leave the scene and get away.

Tribal Warfare
03-20-2011, 05:29 PM

punching a dude, isn't exhilarating IMO, rather it's more of getting finality of the event that led up to it.

You punch with the first two knuckles of your first with a straightened wrist angled about 30 degrees so when you strike you use the said knuckles.

JASONSAUTO
03-20-2011, 05:34 PM
punching a dude, isn't exhilarating IMO, rather it's more of getting finality of the event that led up to it.
You punch with the first two knuckles of your first with a straightened wrist angled about 30 degrees so when you strike you use the said knuckles.

Well now that the whisperer has weighed in this thread can end......
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Well now that the whisperer has weighed in this thread can end......
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL I'm sure his dad gave him the info though.

Tribal Warfare
03-20-2011, 05:47 PM
ROFL I'm sure his dad gave him the info though.

Martial Arts instructor, with 19 years of experience

Chocolate Hog
03-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Why don't you try it on yourself dumbass?

luv
03-20-2011, 06:01 PM
I punched a guy in the face when I was in 6th grade. He wouldn't leave my friend alone. When she told him to go away, he started badmouthing her. I gave him a bloody nose (not a bad one). You don't mess with my friends.

As for how it felt physically, I don't really remember.

Bwana
03-20-2011, 06:02 PM
I punched a guy in the face when I was in 6th grade. He wouldn't leave my friend alone. When she told him to go away, he started badmouthing her. I have him a bloody nose (not a bad one). You don't mess with my friends.

As for how it felt physically, I don't really remember.

You should have done it again, a couple of years ago.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2TzlJJ-mAzzyQ3wlp_dvUX2TiolIBU2kXRNVkQ9_5_b-ssGag&t=1

luv
03-20-2011, 06:19 PM
You should have done it again, a couple of years ago.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2TzlJJ-mAzzyQ3wlp_dvUX2TiolIBU2kXRNVkQ9_5_b-ssGag&t=1

I don't think I had anyone to stand up for a couple of years ago. Maybe I'm forgetting something?

Bwana
03-20-2011, 06:22 PM
I don't think I had anyone to stand up for a couple of years ago. Maybe I'm forgetting something?

Hint:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50494_2204981253_1708_n.jpg

CHENZ A!
03-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Fighting just isn't sexy anymore. As a kid I had a lot of anger that I used in a self destructive manner. Nowadays it's used as motivation to be better. I'll protect mine at all cost if forced to, but I'd much rather be respected for being the nice guy than the tough guy. Real recognizes real, and intelligence trumps all.

luv
03-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Hint:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50494_2204981253_1708_n.jpg

Ah. An experience learned from.

Param
03-20-2011, 06:34 PM

Yep, that's what you're taught though I would straighten the fist out. Palm of hand delivers a nice blow as well. Personally, a side step from someone approaching is the easiest to deliver and then a simple front kick to finish it off. It doesn't take much to bring someone down.

Bwana
03-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Ah. An experience learned from.

That, is a GOOD thing. :thumb:

Simplex3
03-20-2011, 09:31 PM

I got my ass whipped by a 380lb man from Rhode Island.

KCBOSS1
03-20-2011, 09:43 PM
It's been a lot of years and I hope I never have to do it again.

Earthling
03-21-2011, 01:52 AM
rule
Personally, the older I get the idea of "fighting" goes down the drain. I would rather just leave and avoid confrontation.

The pisser is that sometimes ya can't. The older I get I realize that if forced into it I got to bring it all, right now, and hope my adrenelin lasts longer than my stamina. :thumb:

Fishpicker
03-21-2011, 03:30 AM

angled downward? or angled towards the outer wrist?

Tribal Warfare
03-21-2011, 03:47 AM
angled downward? or angled towards the outer wrist?

outward, it helps when you punch with the two knuckles

Fishpicker
03-21-2011, 04:13 AM
wouldnt that put more pressure on the small wrist bones when I land a heavy duke?

Brock
03-21-2011, 08:14 AM

LOL another expert.

Bwana
03-21-2011, 08:23 AM
LOL another expert.

No unlike Elvis sightings, they are everywhere!

http://www.martialdevelopment.com/wordpress/wp-content/images/kung-fu-master-po-and-caine.jpg

LiveSteam
03-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Can you please turn your face a lil more to the left. Thats it,right there,dont move!
Now hold still, so I can punch you with the perfect punch I read about on the Planet.

Bwana
03-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Can you please turn your face a lil more to the left. Thats it,right there,dont move!
Now hold still, so I can punch you with the perfect punch I read about on the Planet.

:thumb:

Indeed, we can't have any of the "pesky" movement! ;)

LiveSteam
03-21-2011, 08:39 AM
:thumb:

Indeed, we can't have any of the "pesky" movement! ;)

I agree its quite funny reading all this Mike Tyson PUNCH STUFF.
Having to grow up with a girls name. I learned long ago.
The best punch is the one thrown first. & THAT I HATED BEING CALLED LYNDA AS A KID!

MOhillbilly
03-21-2011, 09:00 AM
heart this thread!

Tribal Warfare
03-21-2011, 10:22 AM
LOL another expert.

I see haven't read the entire thread

Brock
03-21-2011, 10:23 AM
I see haven't read the entire thread

I see haven't learned English.

Tribal Warfare
03-21-2011, 10:24 AM

Nice, deflection

Brock
03-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Nice, deflection

Not a deflection, I just don't understand what you said because it does not make sense.

Tribal Warfare
03-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Not a deflection, I just don't understand what you said because it does not make sense.

sure

Rausch
03-21-2011, 10:29 AM

He's new to the whole.........oh.........he's not?

Brock
03-21-2011, 10:30 AM
sure

Maybe you could restate what you intended to say so that we could move forward.

Tribal Warfare
03-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Maybe you could restate what you intended to say so that we could move forward.

LOL

Rausch
03-21-2011, 10:32 AM

Double edit.
LMAO

http://idymusic.com/journal/scripts/data/upimages/jessica-declareyourself.jpg

MOhillbilly
03-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Can we move onto roundhouse kicks? Proper tech. and whatnot.

bruce lee vs patrick swayze vs chuck norris ect....

stevieray
03-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Can we move onto roundhouse kicks? Proper tech. and whatnot.

bruce lee vs patrick swayze vs chuck norris ect....

American Flag Zubaz

MOhillbilly
03-21-2011, 10:50 AM
American Flag Zubaz

anything else would be disaster in a karate fight.

A torn out crotch will completely break your inner chi, just when you need it most.

edit- ninja shoes

Bwana
03-21-2011, 01:29 PM
anything else would be disaster in a karate fight.

A torn out crotch will completely break your inner chi, just when you need it most.

edit- ninja shoes

LMAO

That reminds me of the "Chuck Norris action jeans" with the stretch crotch. Did you ever see that crap? I remember some guy showed up at the dojo one night sporting a pair. (A white belt) I never saw him wear them again after that night. The abuse was merciless. :doh!:

http://finickypenguin.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/chuck-norris-action-jeans.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1123/1430012081_935a55cfc7.jpg

BIG_DADDY
03-21-2011, 02:06 PM
LMAO

That reminds me of the "Chuck Norris action jeans" with the stretch crotch. Did you ever see that crap? I remember some guy showed up at the dojo one night sporting a pair. (A white belt) I never saw him wear them again after that night. The abuse was merciless. :doh!:

http://finickypenguin.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/chuck-norris-action-jeans.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1123/1430012081_935a55cfc7.jpg

Gotta love the boots. Lookout for the karate cowboy.

Bwana
03-21-2011, 02:10 PM

Heh, I wore boots about 95% of the time when I hit the town, back in the day, but I didn't own a pair of the SWEET jeans!

KCUnited
03-21-2011, 02:12 PM
I never walk in to a karate fight without first getting a refresher from the US team in the Best of the Best.

http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/8071/mv5bodqxodgynje1ov5bml5.jpg (http://img862.imageshack.us/i/mv5bodqxodgynje1ov5bml5.jpg/)

Over-Head
03-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Heh, I wore boots about 95% of the time when I hit the town, back in the day, but I didn't own a pair of the SWEET jeans!
Why would you need em, you don't have to lift your leg to shoot someone :p

LiveSteam
03-21-2011, 02:14 PM
I see,if you are not pleased. ya have 14 days to return the Chucky Ds
It must be an old old add. I just dont remember it.

MOhillbilly
03-21-2011, 02:17 PM

I love 70s early 80s karate dude. You know the guy. mister i bought a karate mag @ piggly wiggly & studied the forms all winter and by summer im positive i could give bruce lee a run.
that guy is/was/ and forever will be, awesome!

Bwana
03-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Why would you need em, you don't have to lift your leg to shoot someone :p

LMAO

Solid point!