PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Should this BB be more tightly moderated?

luv
03-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Due to recent events, just thought I'd pose the question.

While I don't think posters should think mods will do something just because they want them to, I do think there are a few things that should be considered out of bounds that aren't. On the other hand, I've learned to just go with the flow. Do I comment back knowing that I will sound like a whiny bitch sometimes? Sure. It's entertaining. Also, people need some drama. I'd rather have mine on a BB than IRL.

What say ye?

Crush
03-20-2011, 08:08 AM
NO

Mr. Plow
03-20-2011, 08:08 AM
No.

Crush
03-20-2011, 08:10 AM
Dane left on his own. CP does not need its own Fire Decree. Yes, I did just Godwin the thread.

Donger
03-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Yes, absolutely. Draconian enforcement of the highest order.

A temparary banning for a mistake in spelling? Yes.

3rd&48ers
03-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Only when it hurts the feelings of those who feel they are heavy hitters on this forum.

JOhn
03-20-2011, 08:12 AM
ONLY if applies to rival teams fans....

Otherwise

STFU

:thumb:

luv
Dane left on his own. CP does not need its own Fire Decree. Yes, I did just Godwin the thread.

Oh, I agree. There's just been so much arguing over what should have been a bannable offense. Was that heat-of-the-moment arguing, or do people really think more things should be bannable?

3rd&48ers

Otherwise

STFU

I agree

milkman
03-20-2011, 08:13 AM
You dish it out, you better be willing to take it.

End of poll.

Baconeater
R8ers just needs to die a horrible death and we'll all be fine.

JonesCrusher
I due not think so.

Saul Good
03-20-2011, 08:14 AM

Anyone who transposes "do" and "due" shall receive the banhammer.

dirk digler
03-20-2011, 08:14 AM
No but I did choose the 3rd option. I think the rules could be spelled out better and enforced more evenly.

milkman
03-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Oh, I agree. There's just been so much arguing over what should have been a bannable offense. Was that heat-of-the-moment arguing, or do people really think more things should be bannable?

Dane leaving over that shit is just stupidity.

If someone calls you a name that questions your character, when they wouldn't know you from jack if they saw you on the street, then that insult has no weight.

It's just blowhard bull.

Saul Good
03-20-2011, 08:16 AM
I due not think so.

What should we dew? Doo you have any suggestions?

KCUnited
You forgot the Gaz and Bob Dylan poll option.

Baconeater
No but I did choose the 3rd option. I think the rules could be spelled out better and enforced more evenly.
Well if you want them spelled better you'd better not have luv write them.

JOhn

We have this same shit come up almost every year, and every year it goes down in flames.....as it should

The Bad Guy
03-20-2011, 08:17 AM
It shouldn't be, but trolls also shouldn't have run of the place either.

Crush

That, sir, is a slippery slope to totalitarianism.

JOhn

ROFL

luv
03-20-2011, 08:18 AM

JFC. I corrected it. Happy now?

Donger
03-20-2011, 08:19 AM

No. You should be banned.

CaliforniaChief
Don't change a thing. I wish Dane wouldn't leave, but that's his choice.

If you carry a certain persona around here you're going to get it right back at ya. For the most part, I try to treat everybody here with respect and avoid a lot of name calling. Not saying I'm perfect with this, but generally I've been treated respectfully in return.

In other words, if you learn the culture of the board you'll be fine. But if you expect to be able to get away with behavior that you yourself can't tolerate, you probably should change your MO.

Baconeater
:LOL: Hey now, it's not too often that you make that type of error, so we gotta jump on it when we have the chance.

dirk digler

:LOL:

Crush
So, I guess 4 people want this site to be more like the Coalition or WPI. That is just fucking great, you fucking pedophiles.

JOhn
03-20-2011, 08:20 AM

Naw thats to harsh.....

Just take her thread starting ability away LMAO

luv
03-20-2011, 08:20 AM

Well, fine. I'll place a self-imposed ban of at least 4 hours on myself.

Dunit35
03-20-2011, 08:21 AM
Sacrificing one poster a month for a crabs infection would be cool.

And no, I don't nominate myself.

And no, this place is just fine.

Frazod
03-20-2011, 08:21 AM

Unfortunately, you can't have it both ways.

Bwana
03-20-2011, 08:23 AM
No, definitely not.

Crush
03-20-2011, 08:24 AM

That's the price we pay for internet freedom.

Donger
I think anyone who uses goofy, non-standard font should be banned.

dirk digler
So, I guess 4 people want this site to be more like the Coalition or WPI. That is just fucking great, you fucking audiophiles.

Fuck that. I just think the rules should be a little more clear that way there is no confusion

Crush
03-20-2011, 08:25 AM

Why?

Phobia
I think that people could be more decent to one another but I'm not sure that's mod enforceable.

I do think we need more mods. DaFace can't do it all by himself. Bob Dole and Morph aren't here as much as they have been in the past.

Dunit35

I love trying to read Simply Reds posts on my phone. I'm lucky that I have a zoom in feature.

Donger
03-20-2011, 08:26 AM
I think that people could be more decent to one another but I'm not sure that's mod enforceable.

I do think we need more mods. DaFace can't do it all by himself. Bob Dole and Morph aren't here as much as they have been in the past.

I humbly and wholeheartedly submit myself for consideration.

JOhn
03-20-2011, 08:27 AM

Yea I'm thinking maybe no?

dirk digler
03-20-2011, 08:28 AM

Sorry you have to be a naturally born citizen

Crush
03-20-2011, 08:28 AM

If you do become a mod, may death come quickly to your enemies.

Donger
03-20-2011, 08:29 AM
Sorry you have to be a naturally born citizen

LMAO

I was born in Kansas. Really, I was. The accent is just an affectation to score babes.

Donger
03-20-2011, 08:30 AM
If you do become a mod, may death come quickly to your enemies.

Where's the fun in that?

Rams Fan
03-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Maybe have a thread with the rules on them? How many people have actually read the FAQ section?

Bwana
03-20-2011, 08:32 AM
LMAO

I was born in Kansas. Really, I was. The accent is just an affectation to score babes.

LMAO

JOhn
03-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Maybe have a thread with the rules on them? How many people have actually read the FAQ section?

We have a FAQ?:spock:

dirk digler
03-20-2011, 08:33 AM
LMAO

I would need to see a long form birth certificate not the new state ones either

Okie_Apparition
03-20-2011, 08:34 AM
The stringent do not protect the world. They force it to be more efficent at deception. Kinda like the deception the stringent use to make themselves feel important.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-20-2011, 08:35 AM

This part of your post includes not only a misspelling, but it also is not a complete sentence. You should receive double temporary ban.

Predarat
03-20-2011, 08:37 AM
No, no and hell no! Hell if this place had srticter rules Dane probably would have been banned himself before he quit.

Donger
03-20-2011, 08:37 AM
This part of your post includes not only a misspelling, but it also is not a complete sentence. You should receive double temporary ban.

It's about time one of you troglodytes saw that.

Dunit35
03-20-2011, 08:38 AM

Me, I thought we would have a tests on them. For initiation purposes.

Pablo
03-20-2011, 08:59 AM
No, just because a popular member got a wounded vagina doesn't mean there should be any changes to the way this forum is moderated.

GloryDayz
03-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Interesting thought... There's no right answer to tell the truth. I don't think the Mods have the time to dig into the "who's right and who's wrong" of each complaint. But I know one thing, anybody who gets offended over smaller things, after dishing out poop on a frequesnt basis, ought to grow some thicker skin. It's a free board run by volunteers, thank them and move on (or out).

Marcellus
03-20-2011, 09:09 AM
Dane left? No loss.

DaFace
03-20-2011, 09:16 AM

I've kind of wondered about that. I'm not sure what the process has been in the past for doing so - I think I was the last full mod appointed - but maybe I should just go ahead and do it since I seem to find myself doing things around here anyway.

Hog Farmer
03-20-2011, 09:18 AM

End of poll.

This. But with Dane and Skip gone there are very few posters left to give it back. You're about the only one left since Frazod became pussified.

CrazyHorse
03-20-2011, 09:24 AM
To be honest, I think there are too many people that have forgotten this is a public forum. They have been argueing amongst themselves so long they forget there are others out there who act like human beings. Some of the attacks on peoples personal charactor are out of line.

A person shouldn't have to leave to avoid abuse. The abuser should be thrown out. I am all for debate. I dont have problems with profanity. I dont have problems with anything actually. But If I were asked to change one thing about this place. It would be the level that people go to. It really does go beyond reasonable at times. Ive been a victim if some pretty raunchy comebacks. In fact, Ive become a bit of a guarded prick because of it. I used to be pretty laid back. But the last year or so, Ive just let people have it when they cross me. Sometimes it can be fun to unmercifully smack someones head off in here. But sometimes its way out of line.

That said, Im not going anywhere. Just giving my .02.

CrazyHorse
03-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Dane left? No loss.

In fact, its a gain. Was there ever a bigger hypocrite in the world than that guy?

He actually had the gaul to call others assholes.

loochy
03-20-2011, 09:27 AM
No. If you can't handle the fight, then stop fighting and get out.

RJ
03-20-2011, 09:28 AM
So what happened this time? Why is Dane Leaving The Planet Forever?

milkman
To be honest, I think there are too many people that have forgotten this is a public forum. They have been argueing amongst themselves so long they forget there are others out there who act like human beings. Some of the attacks on peoples personal charactor are out of line.

A person shouldn't have to leave to avoid abuse. The abuser should be thrown out. I am all for debate. I dont have problems with profanity. I dont have problems with anything actually. But If I were asked to change one thing about this place. It would be the level that people go to. It really does go beyond reasonable at times. Ive been a victim if some pretty raunchy comebacks. In fact, Ive become a bit of a guarded prick because of it. I used to be pretty laid back. But the last year or so, Ive just let people have it when they cross me. Sometimes it can be fun to unmercifully smack someones head off in here. But sometimes its way out of line.

I actually find it funny when people attack my personal character, since they don't know me personally.

I return the salvo, so to speak, but I'm not really offended by the insult since it has no basis in reality, and my return salvo's only attck the lack of intelligence shown by the poster in the thread.

That said, Im not going anywhere. Just giving my .02.

Cheap bastard.

CrazyPhuD
Just give everyone mod powers and we'll self police ourselves!

3rd&48ers
03-20-2011, 09:29 AM

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rCFMDLakxaY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO

Marcellus
03-20-2011, 09:31 AM

I seriously doubt CP will be that lucky.

CrazyHorse
03-20-2011, 09:36 AM
I actually find it funny when people attack my personal character, since they don't know me personally.

I return the salvo, so to speak, but I'm not really offended by the insult since it has no basis in reality, and my return salvo's only attck the lack of intelligence shown by the poster in the thread.

Cheap bastard.

I have been attacked twice by people using my terminal illness against me. I can take it. The 1st time I was really offenended I will admit to that. The second time I just looked at it for who it came from and looked at it as a knock on them. It was Dane, the second time BTW, calling me a "half dead bag of dicks". Though it dont bother me too much anymore, I can see where it is out of line.

To avoid that type of attack a person shouldn't have to leave the forum. Someones ass should be thrown out. Its common courtesy.

And oh hell yeah, Im cheap. Especially when it comes to brilliance. I have so little to spare.

DaFace
03-20-2011, 09:37 AM
I have been attacked twice for using my terminal illness against me. I can take it. The 1st time I was really offenended I will admit to that. The second time I just looked at it for who it came from and looked at it as a knock on them. It was Dane, the second time BTW, calling me a "half dead bag of dicks". Though it dont bother me too much anymore, I can see where it is out of line.

To avoid that type of attack a person shouldn't have to leave the forum. Someones ass should be thrown out. Its common courtesy.

And oh hell yeah, Im cheap. Especially when it comes to brilliance. I have so little to spare.

Please be sure to report that stuff if it happens again. Calling someone a name that has no base in reality is one thing. Using someone's real-life hardships against them is quite another. I'd take action on the latter pretty quickly.

Over-Head
03-20-2011, 09:38 AM
If this board goes all Orange Drain just because Dane left from having a glass jaw over someone FINALLY putting him in his place after he's done it to literally hundreds of others it will only prove beyond all doubt, this place has gone to hell in a hand basket.

AKA, the old Star board ring any bells??? (***I never had that experience mind you...)

Listen, I'm a freaken Raiders fan, one of 4 who has been here longer than most Chiefs fans,,,WHY??
Through all the BS, and "friendly" good humor smaque, it's probably one of the ONLY Message BB's on the net you can show up at, and ...well just be you.
Be it an obniouxious drunken you, a stoned funny you, a depressed having a bad day need cheering up you, a mad at the world gonna kill someone if I don't vent you, ...Get the picture?

I'm not the only none who at times has used it as more of a Venting blog, than a message BB. And trust me, when it comes to world events and whats going on...Skip the newspapers, or CNN, you'll almost ALWAYS find it posted here first.

The Planet has 2-300 core members who over the years have become one great big disfunctional family. We can hate someone on Monday, but god forbid a member of their family were hurt, in surgery, and in need of, all they would have to do is come in here to get a few well wishes.

Yes lines do get crossed, but each of us have a different tolerance for "abuse".

Bottom line, don't come in here with a chip on your shoulder, and you won't have it removed and shoved up your azz.

I did when I first showed up, had the flyen pinapple feed me my chip in FINE style.
I ate my crow, sat back, and enjoyed what the Chiefsplanet really is all about. Once I learned to shut my mouth, till I knew the folks a bit better. Started taking tit a bit too serious due to other background things going on, blew my cork, typed my fuk you all i'm outa here, spent 2 months refusing to even look at the place, then the rest of a year lurking, again, came back, ate my shit sandwich for being foolish, and moved on.

Some of you here can't stand me, fine, I got no prob with that, you've had 10 years to make that opnion, as I have about a few folks.
But the friends I have made are great ones.
You've seen me through a shit load of lifes troubles as I have seen you also help others, thats what makes this place unique..

Havent had the pleasure of actually meeting anyone face to face yet, but do look forward to someday having my ass hazed when I show up at Arrowhead for a Chiefs home game in my Plunkett, Gannon, or Stabler jersey, fried outa my tree screaming Newfie slang with my "cute Irish brouge" dialect as it's been called... getting laughed at, and smaqued to hell and back, all teh while being given a beer From Phobia, a hotdog from Fraz, a smile from Luv, a high 5 from Flopnutts, another blunt spun up from seclark, and a jap slap to the head from Rausch, a warning shot from Bwana all while DaFace laughs so hard at it all he nearly loses beer out his nose.

And why?...Cuz CP is fine just the way it is. And if you actually take any insults in here perswonally more than 30seconds AFTER you log out,,,ya need to take a step back from the puter and look at life a bit more.

AND IT AIN'T NEARLY SAID ENOUGH.....

THANK YOU FOR CREATING IT KYLE :thumb::thumb:

Marcellus
03-20-2011, 09:39 AM
I have been attacked twice for using my terminal illness against me. I can take it. The 1st time I was really offenended I will admit to that. The second time I just looked at it for who it came from and looked at it as a knock on them. It was Dane, the second time BTW, calling me a "half dead bag of dicks". Though it dont bother me too much anymore, I can see where it is out of line.

Here is the reason I have zero sympathy for Dane being called ANYTHING.

He crosses the line of respectable behavior with regularity, someone goes too far on him and he starts crying for the mods.

He has never been able to take what he dishes out which is why he is the biggest hypocrite and douche in CP history.

And I am not just saying this because he is "gone". There are many threads I said it to him.

RubberSponge
03-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Wow. Don't know this Dane character, but if I'm reading this right sounds like the guy deserves every insult in the world with the way he talked down to most. And then he leaves because he was called a name. Pfft. Good riddance.

Over-Head
03-20-2011, 09:45 AM

Otherwise

STFU

prick :p

Over-Head
03-20-2011, 09:48 AM
It shouldn't be, but trolls also shouldn't have run of the place either. Then smaque em baqck down till they earn their stripes or better yet....that ignore option works great too :thumb:

Wheres Skip when ya need him these days :(

KurtCobain
03-20-2011, 09:53 AM
I don't think CP should tighten the rules.

However, if they did.... I should be the mod to enforce them.

Over-Head
03-20-2011, 09:53 AM
I've kind of wondered about that. I'm not sure what the process has been in the past for doing so - I think I was the last full mod appointed - but maybe I should just go ahead and do it since I seem to find myself doing things around here anyway.

Why not do a poll,
Personally I think Bwana, RainMan, or Luv would make greats mods.
RnR or Duck or seclark would be great as well but as a rival I can't see it happening,

KurtCobain
03-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Why not do a poll,
RnR or Duck or seclark would be great as well but as a rival I can't see it happening,

I'm definitely in that list as well.

I would come down hard on those who fuck around.

milkman
03-20-2011, 09:56 AM
I have been attacked twice by people using my terminal illness against me. I can take it. The 1st time I was really offenended I will admit to that. The second time I just looked at it for who it came from and looked at it as a knock on them. It was Dane, the second time BTW, calling me a "half dead bag of dicks". Though it dont bother me too much anymore, I can see where it is out of line.

That "half dead bag of dicks" is way out of line, no question.

Makes this thread all the more ironic.

Well hell, we better give you some change on that .02 then.

Over-Head
03-20-2011, 09:57 AM
So what happened this time? Why is Dane Leaving The Planet Forever? He got called a nasty name, hauled out his "I'm Hollywood , ban him" card, and couldn't get his way

Over-Head
03-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Wow. Don't know this Dane character, but if I'm reading this right sounds like the guy deserves every insult in the world with the way he talked down to most. And then he leaves because he was called a name. Pfft. Good riddance. You've been here for 6 months and do NOT know who Dane McLoudmouth is :doh!:

kcfanXIII
There are already a plethora of other web sites you can visit that are for thin skinned PC vaginas. Leave chiefsplanet alone as it seems to be a beacon of insulting, rude, and offensive hope. It takes thick skin and an ability to look the other way to survive here. If you don't like it there are plenty of PC options for you to talk football.

Over-Head
Just give everyone mod powers and we'll self police ourselves!

Yeah, just what everyone wants, Goatboy playing god.

RubberSponge
03-20-2011, 10:03 AM
You've been here for 6 months and do NOT know who Dane McLoudmouth is :doh!:

Guess he wasn't that special afterall.

Ebolapox
03-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Unfortunately, you can't have it both ways.

you CAN, but it would be incredibly hypocritical.

DaFace
03-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Why not do a poll,

I might. I'll have to check with the other guys to make sure I have the authority to do something like that, though. I'd also have to do some thinking about an effective process. Most of the mods are just appointed, but I do think it would be nice to have an "elected" mod, with a few caveats. The big thing is that you have to 1) be extremely level-headed, 2) be around a lot, and 3) have very few enemies, so that would rule out a lot of people.

KurtCobain
03-20-2011, 10:14 AM
1) be extremely level-headed, 2) be around a lot, and 3) have very few enemies, so that would rule out a lot of people.

Sounds like I'm the perfect recruit, and I'm raw.

HonestChieffan
03-20-2011, 10:16 AM
I might. I'll have to check with the other guys to make sure I have the authority to do something like that, though. I'd also have to do some thinking about an effective process. Most of the mods are just appointed, but I do think it would be nice to have an "elected" mod, with a few caveats. The big thing is that you have to 1) be extremely level-headed, 2) be around a lot, and 3) have very few enemies, so that would rule out a lot of people.

Dont fix something thats not broken...This nuthouse is pretty well self moderated and compared to some sites its down right tame. You guys do a great job as it is. IMHO

mikey23545
03-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Due to recent events, just thought I'd pose the question.

While I don't think posters should think mods will do something just because they want them to, I do think there are a few things that should be considered out of bounds that aren't. On the other hand, I've learned to just go with the flow. Do I comment back knowing that I will sound like a whiny bitch sometimes? Sure. It's entertaining. Also, people need some drama. I'd rather have mine on a BB than IRL.

What say ye?

Where is the "F#ck no!" option?

threebag02
03-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Not only no but HELL NO

DaFace
03-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Dont fix something thats not broken...This nuthouse is pretty well self moderated and compared to some sites its down right tame. You guys do a great job as it is. IMHO

It's really not about "stricter moderation" as it is about "quicker moderation." Dole and morphius are hardly ever around anymore it seems, and I think AustinChief fancies himself 99% admin and 1% mod. I'm not going anywhere, but I've been pretty busy with work lately and just can't be around all the time.

I don't mind being the token mod dude, but it'd be nice to have someone else with power weighing in on key issues or at least around a lot so that if a porn spammer shows up it can be cleaned up quickly.

Dartgod
03-20-2011, 10:21 AM
If this board goes all Orange Drain just because Dane left from having a glass jaw over someone FINALLY putting him in his place after he's done it to literally hundreds of others it will only prove beyond all doubt, this place has gone to hell in a hand basket.

AKA, the old Star board ring any bells??? (***I never had that experience mind you...)

Listen, I'm a freaken Raiders fan, one of 4 who has been here longer than most Chiefs fans,,,WHY??
Through all the BS, and "friendly" good humor smaque, it's probably one of the ONLY Message BB's on the net you can show up at, and ...well just be you.
Be it an obniouxious drunken you, a stoned funny you, a depressed having a bad day need cheering up you, a mad at the world gonna kill someone if I don't vent you, ...Get the picture?

I'm not the only none who at times has used it as more of a Venting blog, than a message BB. And trust me, when it comes to world events and whats going on...Skip the newspapers, or CNN, you'll almost ALWAYS find it posted here first.

The Planet has 2-300 core members who over the years have become one great big disfunctional family. We can hate someone on Monday, but god forbid a member of their family were hurt, in surgery, and in need of, all they would have to do is come in here to get a few well wishes.

Yes lines do get crossed, but each of us have a different tolerance for "abuse".

Bottom line, don't come in here with a chip on your shoulder, and you won't have it removed and shoved up your azz.

I did when I first showed up, had the flyen pinapple feed me my chip in FINE style.
I ate my crow, sat back, and enjoyed what the Chiefsplanet really is all about. Once I learned to shut my mouth, till I knew the folks a bit better. Started taking tit a bit too serious due to other background things going on, blew my cork, typed my fuk you all i'm outa here, spent 2 months refusing to even look at the place, then the rest of a year lurking, again, came back, ate my shit sandwich for being foolish, and moved on.

Some of you here can't stand me, fine, I got no prob with that, you've had 10 years to make that opnion, as I have about a few folks.
You've seen me through a shit load of lifes troubles as I have seen you also help others, thats what makes this place unique..

Havent had the pleasure of actually meeting anyone face to face yet, but do look forward to someday having my ass hazed when I show up at Arrowhead for a Chiefs home game in my Plunkett, Gannon, or Stabler jersey, fried outa my tree screaming Newfie slang with my "cute Irish brouge" dialect as it's been called... getting laughed at, and smaqued to hell and back, all teh while being given a beer From Phobia, a hotdog from Fraz, a smile from Luv, a high 5 from Flopnutts, another blunt spun up from seclark, and a jap slap to the head from Rausch, a warning shot from Bwana all while DaFace laughs so hard at it all he nearly loses beer out his nose.

And why?...Cuz CP is fine just the way it is. And if you actually take any insults in here perswonally more than 30seconds AFTER you log out,,,ya need to take a step back from the puter and look at life a bit more.

Thread over.

And this serves as a great example of why OH won rival poster of the year.

gblowfish
03-20-2011, 10:25 AM
If the mods tighten up we won't get any more "I'm leaving forever' threads"...and those are so gosh darned entertaining.

As Harry Truman said, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."

dirk digler
03-20-2011, 10:33 AM

Wow I didn't know Dane said that. Fuck him and I personally thought Clay should have taken a long vacation when he wished you would die.

This is exactly why I believe the rules should be more clear. Neither of those examples are in the bannable offenses FAQ along with racist comments.

Mosbonian
03-20-2011, 10:36 AM
I posted my opinion on the other thread, but here's the synopsis....

Leave it just the way it is. Add a mod if needed to help DaFace since he can't be omnipotently here.

I've tried changing my personality over the last year because I found myself facing the hypocrisy of my persona. I even changed my handle...and it took an IM by someone to remind me that playing Ghandi on one post and Ghengis Khan on another was, well, Bi-Polar.

I like milkman's take on being insulted personally.....if it bothers you that much then you needn't be here. But I do think that attacking one's family is over the line and without good taste. I used to get offended at the blatant disregard and abuse of the word "retard" because of my personal situation. But it was pointed out to me that I could use the word exclusion function and all would be well for my tastes. (Thank you DaFace)

Keep the place as it is...if I see something I don't like, the ignore function works well.

Bwana
03-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Thread over.

Bingo

teedubya
03-20-2011, 10:41 AM

Hah. Imagine that, YOU being for more power and control.

In a new version of Dane's send off. Fuck you and your ilk...

Saul Good
03-20-2011, 10:49 AM

That'll due.

Slainte
03-20-2011, 10:51 AM

This. THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS.

Just Passin' By
03-20-2011, 10:51 AM
No

Over-Head
03-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Thread over.

My apologies DG, you'd make a hell of a Mod as well. (forgot to mention ya)

kstater
03-20-2011, 11:01 AM

Pick me pick me.

Oh and to the thread starter, hell no. This place shouldn't change because some douche got some sand stuck his vagina.

Slainte
03-20-2011, 11:02 AM
It was Dane, the second time BTW, calling me a "half dead bag of dicks". Though it dont bother me too much anymore, I can see where it is out of line.

Can't be. There's no way that a classy guy like Dane, who was so rightfully offended by being labeled a ped0 -- after all, he was SO sensitive after a former g/friend confessed to being molested -- so obviously he groks human pain and is hip to offensive language--,

There's NO WAY he could've ever posted anything so fucking degenerate & shit-heeled as to call another poster with serious health issues a "half-dead bag of dicks".

CrazyHorse is obviously a liar. Please start making your 'I'm leaving forever!' post, faker...

Bwana
03-20-2011, 11:03 AM
My apologies DG, you'd make a hell of a Mod as well. (forgot to mention ya)

Heh, old Dart and I are already mods over at the Casino Planet. That job is a lot like being the Maytag repair man. Not much hell gets raised over there. LMAO

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=22

patteeu
03-20-2011, 11:04 AM
You forgot the Gaz and Bob Dylan poll option.

vailpass
03-20-2011, 11:05 AM
This should have been a public vote. I'd like to know who the 8 cry babies are. Well, 7 I guess. It is a given that Fatzod is among those wishing to moderate the board into a single digit membership.

Phobia
03-20-2011, 11:06 AM
I think we used to do a form of an election for mods. But the key is "coverage". Find night crew, day crew, and evening crew people. Don't pick anybody who is going to power trip and if they do, fire them immediately.

Take some nominations, make sure that the nominees are okay with it and then run a poll.

vailpass
03-20-2011, 11:06 AM

In a new version of Dane's send off. **** you and your ilk...

:LOL: You are one sharp dude. Nothing gets by you does it?

Over-Head
03-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Heh, old Dart and I are already mods over at the Casino Planet. That job is a lot like being the Maytag repair man. Not much hell gets raised over there. LMAO

Want me to come spice things up a bit :evil:

Phobia
03-20-2011, 11:08 AM
This should have been a public vote. I'd like to know who the 8 cry babies are. Well, 8 I guess. It is a given that Fatzod is among those wishing to moderate the board into a single digit membership.
One is me. I just think there needs to be more coverage. Most of what we do here is what we've always done here. But we can't always be "waiting for DaFace to show up" for problem resolution. We need to be more proactive than that.

Bwana
03-20-2011, 11:09 AM
I think we used to do a form of an election for mods. But the key is "coverage". Find night crew, day crew, and evening crew people. Don't pick anybody who is going to power trip and if they do, fire them immediately.

Take some nominations, make sure that the nominees are okay with it and then run a poll.

Why don't you take one of the spots Phil. You did a great job the last time.

Phobia
Why don't you take one of the spots Phil. You did a great job the last time.

Heh. I'm already doing it because I know one of the mod's passwords.

Over-Head

You made a great mod at one time Phil...would you consider it again?

vailpass
03-20-2011, 11:15 AM
One is me. I just think there needs to be more coverage. Most of what we do here is what we've always done here. But we can't always be "waiting for DaFace to show up" for problem resolution. We need to be more proactive than that.

Obviously you aren't a cry baby. Do you mean there needs to be tighter restrictions on free speech here or do you mean there needs to be more mods so the current policy can be regularly enforced regardless of the hour or day?
FWIW IMHO the mods here could not do a better job of moderating enough to maintain a society while still facilitating an open environment that follows the ideals upon which Kyle originally founded this place.

Nzoner
As The Planet Turns ROFL

Oh and HELL NO!!

patteeu
Please be sure to report that stuff if it happens again. Calling someone a name that has no base in reality is one thing. Using someone's real-life hardships against them is quite another. I'd take action on the latter pretty quickly.

Does that mean that it would be an actionable offense if Dane really turns out to be a pedophile? :)

Bwana
Want me to come spice things up a bit :evil:

LMAO

Noooooooo! Quiet is a good thing over there. Plus we have a couple of paddles under the desk. The kind the catholic nuns sport and by God, we're no afraid to use them young man, so you just behave!!!

http://www.glynn.k12.ga.us/BHS/academics/junior/gunning/jaylynner36139/Paddle02.jpg

Over-Head
03-20-2011, 11:17 AM
LMAO

Noooooooo! Quiet is a good thing over there. Plus we have a couple of paddles under the desk. The kind the catholic nuns sport and by God, we're no afraid to use them young man, so you just behave!!!

http://www.glynn.k12.ga.us/BHS/academics/junior/gunning/jaylynner36139/Paddle02.jpg

At least it`s a wodden paddle, not an M-16 :p

Frazod
03-20-2011, 11:19 AM
This should have been a public vote. I'd like to know who the 8 cry babies are. Well, 7 I guess. It is a given that Fatzod is among those wishing to moderate the board into a single digit membership.

And obviously you'd come leaping to the defense of another lowlife anonymous cunt who pisses all over this place. I guess the main difference between you and R8ers is he's not pampered little trust fund baby, and probably isn't afraid of looking people in the eye when he talks to them.

patteeu
03-20-2011, 11:21 AM

Whoa, whoa, whoa, raider fan. Don't come to arrowhead looking for handouts. Arrowhead isn't a welfare office.

And btw, if history is any precedent, you're likely to get more than a smile from luv. :p

Bwana
03-20-2011, 11:23 AM
At least it`s a wodden paddle, not an M-16 :p

Well yeah, it's not like we want to kill people off, just leave an old school mark, if circumstances call for it. ;) Like I said, not much goes on over there, in the hell raising department.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKZQMq6b91JHHQayzBn17_hqJQkYl6aGtNlztWjt-5wmXY2RyM0Q

vailpass
03-20-2011, 11:24 AM
And obviously you'd come leaping to the defense of another lowlife anonymous **** who pisses all over this place. I guess the main difference between you and R8ers is he's not pampered little trust fund baby, and probably isn't afraid of looking people in the eye when he talks to them.

Jee panwa waffmula chone patogga che lickmoomoo.

Frazod
03-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Jee panwa waffmula chone patogga che lickmoomoo.

You'd speak more clearly if you took Nigel's cock out of your mouth.

patteeu
03-20-2011, 11:25 AM
It's really not about "stricter moderation" as it is about "quicker moderation." Dole and morphius are hardly ever around anymore it seems, and I think AustinChief fancies himself 99% admin and 1% mod. I'm not going anywhere, but I've been pretty busy with work lately and just can't be around all the time.

I don't mind being the token mod dude, but it'd be nice to have someone else with power weighing in on key issues or at least around a lot so that if a porn spammer shows up it can be cleaned up quickly.

You should ban Rain Man until he lets up on you in the office a little bit.

vailpass
03-20-2011, 11:28 AM
You'd speak more clearly if you took Nigel's cock out of your mouth.

Nigel?

3rd&48ers
03-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Nigel?

Ask him about that little fat girl.

Chiefaholic
03-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Given all the profane laced insults that Dane has dished out, you'de think he had thicker skin than this. He doesn't deserve any better treatment than he's dished out to hundreds of others.

vailpass
03-20-2011, 11:32 AM

No such thing.

3rd&48ers
03-20-2011, 11:33 AM
No such thing.

I am trying to be a better forum member and be nicer.
warthog is frowned upon in this establishment.

Slainte
03-20-2011, 11:36 AM
You should ban Rain Man until he lets up on you in the office a little bit.

DeFace should overthrow him and usurp the Rock & Poll thread...

Frazod
03-20-2011, 11:41 AM

I hope failass tips you well the next time you deliver a box of tampons to his house.

Bwana
03-20-2011, 11:41 AM
I am trying to be a better forum member and be nicer.
warthog is frowned upon in this establishment.

Cool, you can start by running to the fridge and fetching us an ice cold beer. :thumb:

stevieray
03-20-2011, 11:43 AM
Cool, you can start by running to the fridge and fetching us an ice cool beer. :thumb:

LMAO

3rd&48ers
03-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Cool, you can start by running to the fridge and fetching us an ice cold beer. :thumb:

How bout I just buy a case and put it in a cooler and sit it beside you instead?

Bwana
03-20-2011, 11:48 AM
How bout I just buy a case and put it in a cooler and sit it beside you instead?

Hell, that works! Free beer is never a bad deal. :thumb:

BryanBusby
03-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Fucking moderation, how does it work?!?

Instead of trying to create a police state, people need to realize this is simply a message board and not take everything as serious fucking business. It's too bad people like dane could never figure it out.

milkman
03-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Hell, that works! Free beer is never a bad deal. :thumb:

He's buying Keystone.

Keystone Light.

3rd&48ers
03-20-2011, 11:52 AM
He's buying Keystone.

Keystone Light.
Only the best for friends
http://blog.skimkim.com/wp-content/upload/pbr.jpg

Bwana
03-20-2011, 11:52 AM
He's buying Keystone.

Keystone Light.

Ohhhhhhhhh hell no! No swill allowed. :bang:

Predarat
03-20-2011, 11:53 AM

Awesome, totally awesome!

Bwana
03-20-2011, 11:56 AM

Good lord! I would hate to see what you would buy for your enemies, if you buy that toilet water for your, "friends." :facepalm:

3rd&48ers
03-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Good lord! I would hate to see what you would buy for your enemies, if you buy that toilet water for your, "friends." :facepalm:

Don't say Bud

Bwana
03-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Don't say Bud

No, but this will do:

http://www.beerandmicrobrews.com/alaskan-amber.jpg

3rd&48ers
03-20-2011, 12:01 PM
No, but this will do:

http://www.beerandmicrobrews.com/alaskan-amber.jpg

Never had it, looks good though

Bwana
03-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Never had it, looks good though

Very

Bump
03-20-2011, 12:02 PM

only hippies drink PBR. BUD LIGHT FTMFW

|Zach|
03-20-2011, 12:06 PM
I think we have a pretty good system.

3rd&48ers
03-20-2011, 12:07 PM
only hippies drink PBR. BUD LIGHT FTMFW

I am really a Michelob fan as far as domestics are concerned.

Bwana
03-20-2011, 12:10 PM
I think we have a pretty good system.

Far be it from me to pull this thread off the path, but did you get any shots of the "Big" moon last night, Zach?

KurtCobain
03-20-2011, 12:11 PM
I couldn't see the super moon last night. I hate clouds.

Donger
03-20-2011, 12:12 PM

In a new version of Dane's send off. **** you and your ilk...

:spock:

Bwana
03-20-2011, 12:13 PM
I couldn't see the super moon last night. I hate clouds.

Same here. I wanted to head up into the mountains try to take some shots of it, but the clouds punked me as well.

Reaper16
03-20-2011, 12:13 PM
No, we don't need tighter moderation. On a personal level, I'd like to see slurs against homosexuals treated as harshly as slurs against race/ethnicity. But I'm fine with the very loose moderation. It's what makes ChiefsPlanet my favorite board on the internet.

Slainte
03-20-2011, 12:17 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wxhBrQ71J_s/TP5Mj1Iu1QI/AAAAAAAAAS0/a0BbPAzp2UM/s1600/brain_damage.jpg

Phobia
03-20-2011, 12:17 PM
No, we don't need tighter moderation. On a personal level, I'd like to see slurs against homosexuals treated as harshly as slurs against race/ethnicity. But I'm fine with the very loose moderation. It's what makes ChiefsPlanet my favorite board on the internet.

I'll bet you would you little pecker puffer.

I'd like to see them stop making fun of old fat guys too but it will never happen.

Nzoner
03-20-2011, 12:28 PM

I'd like to see them stop making fun of old fat guys with huge heads too but it will never happen.

FYP :thumb:

BIG_DADDY
03-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Dane leaving over that shit is just stupidity.

If someone calls you a name that questions your character, when they wouldn't know you from jack if they saw you on the street, then that insult has no weight.

It's just blowhard bull.

Dane left?

Mr. Flopnuts
03-20-2011, 12:39 PM

I vote for me. :D

BIG_DADDY
03-20-2011, 12:40 PM

I'd like to see them stop making fun of old fat guys too but it will never happen.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
03-20-2011, 12:43 PM

Fucking awesome post.

The Mad Crapper
03-20-2011, 12:57 PM
How many people have actually read the FAQ section?

I know it by heart.

Slainte
03-20-2011, 01:00 PM
I know it by heart.

Not sure that breaking it over and over constitutes knowing it by heart but whatever-the-fuck, Jackson...

Over-Head
03-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Same here. I wanted to head up into the mountains try to take some shots of it, but the clouds punked me as well.
The 100kph wind driven snow fluries kinda gave me some real white looking pics

I did get a few though:
1) This was the view from my back yard

2) This was from teh front deck:

3) Here`s one of the Mrs and the little guy with teh moon in the back ground.

Like I said, they kinda turned out a bit white :p

The Mad Crapper
03-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Not sure that breaking it over and over constitutes knowing it by heart but whatever-the-****, Jackson...

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Alright, I've had a chance to read the thread now. Time to sound off. I'm sorry, but we collectively cross the line daily. Shock value as I like to call it. Whether it's comments about fucking mothers, AIDS shrubbery, 400lb man sodomization, dying breeds, or a litany of other hateful, vile, venomous comments strewn about in all directions, this is what we've become.

How could ANYTHING at this point be off limits? How could one possibly know what is "acceptable" and what is not. This comes down to the base core of our dynamic at Chiefsplanet. Will we be moderated, or will we not?

Overwhelmingly, time and time again, we've chosen to not be moderated. We are largely, a group of men who understand that the internet can be a dangerous place for the emotionally weak. Everyone gets their feelers hurt every once in a while and ultimately we are responsible for whether or not we choose to be a part of this community. And let's face it, our policy makes it a whole lot better for the lulz.

I'm sorry Dane has left. I like that dude. More than he likes me in all probability. But I can't think of 1 single person on this board that has thrown more shit at more different posters than he has. You think he hasn't personally offended some of them in ways that hit close to home in their personal lives? That would be near impossible, IMHO, and frankly, I don't give a shit, you don't give a shit, and he never gave a shit. In this place, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

If we're going to make anything out of bounds, we need to rewrite the whole fucking book if you ask me. We've been out of bounds for years now. We were out of bounds before out of bounds was cool. What's it going to be? Is it time to change? As much as I hate losing a quality poster like Dane, I hope it's not time to change. Like I said, the way we do it is much better for the lulz.

This was my post on this subject in the Dane thread. It fits this thread better, so I'm dropping it here.

KurtCobain
03-20-2011, 01:22 PM
And here's a guy named Flopnuts with good reasoning. Love ChiefsPlanet the way it is.

L.A. Chieffan
03-20-2011, 01:25 PM
all you guys need to stop being such sloppy vags

KurtCobain
03-20-2011, 01:27 PM
all you guys need to stop being such sloppy vags

I'll hunt you down and fuck your mom and your daughter while you watch bound and gagged.

L.A. Chieffan
03-20-2011, 01:27 PM
I'll hunt you down and fuck your mom and your daughter while you watch bound and gagged.

thats more like it.

bitch.

Bwana
03-20-2011, 01:28 PM
The 100kph wind driven snow fluries kinda gave me some real white looking pics

I did get a few though:
1) This was the view from my back yard

2) This was from teh front deck:

3) Here`s one of the Mrs and the little guy with teh moon in the back ground.

Like I said, they kinda turned out a bit white :p

No kidding, nice shots dude. I have one that looks very close to one of those. About a year ago, I got a very rare shot one night. Posted below:

Yes, that's right! I got a shot of the invisable man! :thumb:

alnorth
03-20-2011, 01:33 PM
My opinion in a nutshell: thought the shot at Dane was over the line, but lost sympathy when he quit. The moderation is fine. Not very strong, but also not wild west anarchy either. There are plenty of other boards with tough rules and moderation.

OnTheWarpath58
03-20-2011, 01:50 PM
My thoughts are that it needs to be established where exactly "the line" is, and then moderate accordingly.

Personally, I think being called a child molester is over the line, as well as attacks on wives/family and racial or homophobic slurs and comments.

No one wants this place to be moderated like WPI or the Coalition, but that doesn't mean that anything and everything should be tolerated.

This place could stand to be cleaned up slightly.

BIG_DADDY
03-20-2011, 02:00 PM
My thoughts are that it needs to be established where exactly "the line" is, and then moderate accordingly.

Personally, I think being called a child molester is over the line, as well as attacks on wives/family and racial or homophobic slurs and comments.

No one wants this place to be moderated like WPI or the Coalition, but that doesn't mean that anything and everything should be tolerated.

What is it about you and Reaper and the whole gay sacred cow thing?

I never did understand the whole kid thing. The fact that I post a picture of mine in my avatar has made him a target to some of the dirt bags around here. To me when someone goes there it just shows the entire BB what a desperate douchebag they are.

kstater
03-20-2011, 02:05 PM

The line has been well established for some time.

ChiefsPlanet tries to be a forum run by it's community, and the moderator's do have freedom to chose how to deal with a given situation. That being said, the following things are things that we have agreed upon as reasons that you may have your access removed either temporarily or permanently.

Spam (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/faq.php?faq=bannable#faq_spam)
NSFW Links (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/faq.php?faq=bannable#faq_nsfwlinks)
Overloading the Front Page with Threads (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/faq.php?faq=bannable#faq_ban_thread_spam)
Threats (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/faq.php?faq=bannable#faq_ban_threats)
NSFW Images (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/faq.php?faq=bannable#faq_ban_nude)
Word Filter Evasion (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/faq.php?faq=bannable#faq_ban_filter)
Rude Comments in Prayers/Thoughts thread (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/faq.php?faq=bannable#faq_new_faq_item)
False News or Thread Title (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/faq.php?faq=bannable#faq_faq_ban_false_thread_title)

kcfanXIII
03-20-2011, 02:06 PM
Over head, you have upped the total number of raider fans i can stand to two. Helluva post. I'd share some smoke with you if you come down.

|Zach|
03-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Far be it from me to pull this thread off the path, but did you get any shots of the "Big" moon last night, Zach?

I went after it. I think I got "good" but not "great" shots of it after glancing at the pictures. Will know more within the next week. I have taken well over 1500 shots the past few days.

tk13
03-20-2011, 02:11 PM
I have taken well over 1500 shots the past few days.

You and Charlie Sheen.

|Zach|
03-20-2011, 02:12 PM
I have no idea what makes pedophile so different from all the other shit said on this board. Not to say it isn't a bad thing to call someone but when you put it in the pile with other vile nasty shit that gets thrown around here all the time I don't see the differentiator.

ClevelandBronco
03-20-2011, 02:28 PM
What is it about you and Reaper and the whole gay sacred cow thing?

He probably has a gay kid.

I never did understand the whole kid thing.

Forget I said that.

Chocolate Hog
03-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Mods make me a new moderator. I will not disappoint.

Bwana
03-20-2011, 02:35 PM
I went after it. I think I got "good" but not "great" shots of it after glancing at the pictures. Will know more within the next week. I have taken well over 1500 shots the past few days.

Cool, well post up your best ones in the photo thread when you get a chance, if you would?

|Zach|
03-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Cool, well post up your best ones in the photo thread when you get a chance, if you would?

Absolutely.

Marcellus
03-20-2011, 07:46 PM

I brought this up before and Reaper basically said it was crazy I had been a member since 2003 and didn't know where the line is.

Well, I still don't know.

Dane crossed a line that in my mind was beyond acceptable many times, then got pissed when he felt someone else did the same.

Part of the issue around here in my opinion is it seems to continually get more extreme. People are pushing the boundaries farther and farther to be seen as farther out there. To stand out. The next big insult or put down to one up the next guy.

This place was not near this uncivil 5 years ago.

OnTheWarpath58
03-20-2011, 08:46 PM
I brought this up before and Reaper basically said it was crazy I had been a member since 2003 and didn't know where the line is.

Well, I still don't know.

Dane crossed a line that in my mind was beyond acceptable many times, then got pissed when he felt someone else did the same.

Part of the issue around here in my opinion is it seems to continually get more extreme. People are pushing the boundaries farther and farther to be seen as farther out there. To stand out. The next big insult or put down to one up the next guy.

This place was not near this uncivil 5 years ago.

I agree.

We all have a different "line."

I have no problem with shit that is obviously nothing more than a CP meme - things like AIDS trees and dying in fires.

Feel free to call me an asshole, douchebag, motherfucker, etc.

My line is going after family - specifically a man's wife - as well as racial and homophobic slurs. I think calling someone a child molester (assuming we're not talking about Marty Shook) is over the line and out of bounds.

Obviously, the mods feel differently.

KcMizzou
03-20-2011, 08:47 PM
The people have spoken. Resoundingly.

Psyko Tek
03-20-2011, 09:27 PM
my worthless opinion
if you put anything out on the inter webs
it will come back to haunt you
if you give a fuck about what anybody says about you or to you on the interwebs

your and idiot

Iowanian
03-20-2011, 09:37 PM
The sensitive people need to remember that there are already a number of decent Chiefs related "2 hand touch" boards on which to post in a protected, sensitive, non-hostile environment.

Chiefsplanet is Tackle-Football, so wear a leather helmet if you're afraid of concussion.

PornChief
03-20-2011, 09:43 PM
I don't need a nanny thanks

johnny961
03-20-2011, 09:59 PM
I voted no. There are literally thousands of different message boards out there on just as many different subject matters. No one board can cater to everybody. Yet the light moderation here as well as a wide variety of members who are open to damn near any type of discussion are what has formed the identity of this board. Too much heavy handed moderation and this place begins to lose its identity, which is what has attracted its members here in the first place. Just my. 02.

alnorth
03-20-2011, 10:14 PM

ChiefsPlanet tries to be a forum run by it's community, and the moderator's do have freedom to chose how to deal with a given situation. That being said, the following things are things that we have agreed upon as reasons that you may have your access removed either temporarily or permanently.

Overloading the Front Page with Threads (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/faq.php?faq=bannable#faq_ban_thread_spam)
Word Filter Evasion (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/faq.php?faq=bannable#faq_ban_filter)
Rude Comments in Prayers/Thoughts thread (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/faq.php?faq=bannable#faq_new_faq_item)
False News or Thread Title (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/faq.php?faq=bannable#faq_faq_ban_false_thread_title)

If thats it, I'd think we ought to add at least this to the list:

Accusing someone in anger, even if you aren't serious, of being a p<b></b>edophile.

FAX
03-20-2011, 10:19 PM
This. But with Dane and Skip gone there are very few posters left to give it back. You're about the only one left since Frazod became pussified.

Fear not, Mr. Hog Farmer, and set your mind at ease with pleasant thoughts of giant hogs the size of railroad cars with supersonic hearing and 8 foot penises.

I have personally given this situation a great deal of thought and, after that, I took some aspirin. Then I concluded that, because two of our most vitriolic, caustic, and generally, injudiciously, pissed-off posters are no longer counted in our number, I shall take their place by insulting the dickens out of people for little or no reason, whatsoever.

So let's get started. You are a big weenie eater, Mr. Hog Farmer.

FAX

Frazod
03-20-2011, 10:54 PM
As basically I told Pig Fucker in rep comment, please don't confuse preferring not to deal with the scum of the earth with being afraid of them. I didn't go anywhere nor will I.

All you fools who want this place to be a fucking toilet, congratulations. It has been for years and will obviously continue to be. The funny thing is, I'm sure many of the people who want to fight for the right for any lowlife to run rampant here are invariably some of the same ones who wonder "Why doesn't [insert name of random good poster who got fed up and left] ever post here any more? I really miss him. And gee, there sure do seem to be a lot more trolls around here lately. Wonder why that is?"

The answer to these questions can be found in the nearest mirror.

Fred Phelps would love this place. Perhaps one of you Topeka types should stop by the compound and give him an invite.

:shake:

CHENZ A!
03-20-2011, 11:11 PM

It's really this simple.

Fishpicker
03-20-2011, 11:20 PM
my worthless opinion
if you put anything out on the inter webs
it will come back to haunt you
if you give a **** about what anybody says about you or to you on the interwebs

your and idiot

thats very true. i used to put my art on various websites. i put a bunch of tags on it so I could track it down in case it wound up somewhere I didn't put it. after a few weeks I checked to see where else it had been posted. I found a few myspace pages that had my artwork displayed and the people that put it on their own page claimed they had produced the art. its infuriating to say the least. And thats the main reason I dont participate in social media sites. if you post something incriminating you can be found out. if you share details about yourself, people may try to use that against you too.

Okie_Apparition
03-20-2011, 11:22 PM
Don't go changing, to try and please me
Don't change the color of your hair
BUt you can cut down that fucking tree

Earthling
03-21-2011, 12:05 AM
I picked the 3rd option of "depends on the rule'

There is some mud-slingin' that shouldn't be allowed...threats, family insults, and the like. There are some rules here already in that regard so unless people think that all the bases are covered with a few rules then I see no reason not to put a suggestion for a rule up for community vote. I guess if people followed the 'Golden Rule' all would be ok though...

Reaper16
03-21-2011, 12:10 AM
Can I vote in favor of obviously-comedic threats against family members? Those shits are hilarious.

Earthling
03-21-2011, 12:15 AM

Damn! The hen house guarded by the wolves comes to mind...;)

Mr. Flopnuts
03-21-2011, 01:14 AM
As basically I told Pig Fucker in rep comment, please don't confuse preferring not to deal with the scum of the earth with being afraid of them. I didn't go anywhere nor will I.

All you fools who want this place to be a fucking toilet, congratulations. It has been for years and will obviously continue to be. The funny thing is, I'm sure many of the people who want to fight for the right for any lowlife to run rampant here are invariably some of the same ones who wonder "Why doesn't [insert name of random good poster who got fed up and left] ever post here any more? I really miss him. And gee, there sure do seem to be a lot more trolls around here lately. Wonder why that is?"

Fred Phelps would love this place. Perhaps one of you Topeka types should stop by the compound and give him an invite.

Yeah, I'm sorry, you know I love you brother, but we disagree here. This board is the /b/ of football forums. And I for one, love it. To me, it's all about the lulz. There are a ton of Chiefs boards out there that will cater to this sentiment. The fact that we don't is what sets us apart.

It's just the internet. We don't use our real names on this board. For those of us who are friends, we have Facebook. We can be more personal there. What makes this board great, is what it has always been. It should never change in my humble opinion.

Earthling
03-21-2011, 01:18 AM
It's just the internet. We don't use our real names on this board.

Hell you know thats right. I'm not really even an Earthling...

Mr. Flopnuts
03-21-2011, 01:20 AM
Hell you know thats right. I'm not really even an Earthling...

http://thespotlightreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/avatar-newstills-101-full-01.jpg

Earthling
03-21-2011, 01:23 AM
http://thespotlightreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/avatar-newstills-101-full-01.jpg

LMAOLMAO

Hog Farmer
03-21-2011, 05:36 AM
As basically I told Pig ****er in rep comment, please don't confuse preferring not to deal with the scum of the earth with being afraid of them. I didn't go anywhere nor will I.

All you fools who want this place to be a ****ing toilet, congratulations. It has been for years and will obviously continue to be. The funny thing is, I'm sure many of the people who want to fight for the right for any lowlife to run rampant here are invariably some of the same ones who wonder "Why doesn't [insert name of random good poster who got fed up and left] ever post here any more? I really miss him. And gee, there sure do seem to be a lot more trolls around here lately. Wonder why that is?"

I stand by my former statement. You have changed. I don't know why but I assume you have or are losing your burst. The rep you left me was more like it but I just don't see the old Fraz any more. You've become wimpish and don't confront the posters on a continual basis . You're hit and miss. Maybe you've become bipolar in your old age or maybe you've quit drinking. Whatever it is i hope your not sick or anything. Milkman is the only one left nowadays that is consistent since Dane has left.

blaise
03-21-2011, 05:43 AM
I don't think people really cross the line that much. Although I don't generally open any links people put in threads so I don't know what people are posting in those.

Simply Red
03-21-2011, 06:15 AM

End of poll.

There was more to the story and other things.

Bwana
03-21-2011, 06:16 AM
Damn! The hen house guarded by the wolves comes to mind...;)

LMAO

Heh, Oh yeah it's dandy! We get free dancing girls there, over and above our six figure incomes. :D

Chiefnj2
03-21-2011, 09:19 AM
I'd vote on more moderation as an experiment. From now until May 1st. See how the draft goes without people cursing and insulting each other constantly.

patteeu
03-21-2011, 09:48 AM
I agree.

We all have a different "line."

I have no problem with shit that is obviously nothing more than a CP meme - things like AIDS trees and dying in fires.

Feel free to call me an asshole, douchebag, mother****er, etc.

My line is going after family - specifically a man's wife - as well as racial and homophobic slurs. I think calling someone a child molester (assuming we're not talking about Marty Shook) is over the line and out of bounds.

Obviously, the mods feel differently.

I think you only think calling someone a child molester is over the line because it was Dane in this case. I bet you've seen it happen before to someone like GoChiefs or a troll from another team and it didn't phase you. BTW, how did you feel about calling someone meatpeeker?

patteeu
03-21-2011, 09:55 AM
If thats it, I'd think we ought to add at least this to the list:

Accusing someone in anger, even if you aren't serious, of being a p<b></b>edophile.

I think this is a bad idea and it's hard to justify why this one charge should be special compared to others. Do you think it's OK to call people racists in anger? How about wife beater? Child abuser? Traitor? Cuckold? Womanizer? Bad parent?

Without corroborating evidence, no one has any reason to believe that anyone who gets called a pedophile here is really a pedophile. It's a lot more likely that people will believe libels about racism.

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2011, 09:57 AM
I think this is a bad idea and it's hard to justify why this one charge should be special compared to others. Do you think it's OK to call people racists in anger? How about wife beater? Child abuser? Traitor? Cuckold? Womanizer? Bad parent?

...Obama supporter?

vailpass
03-21-2011, 11:27 AM
As basically I told Pig ****er in rep comment, please don't confuse preferring not to deal with the scum of the earth with being afraid of them. I didn't go anywhere nor will I.

All you fools who want this place to be a ****ing toilet, congratulations. It has been for years and will obviously continue to be. The funny thing is, I'm sure many of the people who want to fight for the right for any lowlife to run rampant here are invariably some of the same ones who wonder "Why doesn't [insert name of random good poster who got fed up and left] ever post here any more? I really miss him. And gee, there sure do seem to be a lot more trolls around here lately. Wonder why that is?"

I'll bet your wallet is the one that says Bad Mother Fucker

Frazod
03-21-2011, 11:35 AM
I'll bet your wallet is the one that says Bad Mother Fucker

I'll bet yours says Fucked The Maid's Little Boy In The Pantry.

vailpass
03-21-2011, 11:39 AM
I'll bet yours says ****ed The Maid's Little Boy In The Pantry.

HogFarmer is right, you are a shell of your former self. Granted a very large, gelatinous shell but a shell all the same.
Go find your burst; you aren't any fun anymore.

patteeu
03-21-2011, 11:43 AM
I'll bet yours says ****ed The Maid's Little Boy In The Pantry.

Weren't you blasting R8ers for crossing the line when he called Dane a pedophile? If vailpass was a hollywood guy who rubbed elbows with Marilyn Manson and Lindsay Lohan, I bet you'd kiss his ass.

Frazod
03-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Weren't you blasting R8ers for crossing the line when he called Dane a audiophile? If vailpass was a hollywood guy who rubbed elbows with Marilyn Manson and Lindsay Lohan, I bet you'd kiss his ass.

Do you fuck the maid's little boy too? I'll bet you do.

Apparently this is the sort of thing the BB finds entertaining. Are you entertained?

patteeu
03-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Do you **** the maid's little boy too? I'll bet you do.

Apparently this is the sort of thing the BB finds entertaining. Are you entertained?

I'm laughing at you, so yeah, I guess I am.

chasedude
03-21-2011, 12:00 PM
My vote is no!

If this is all stemming from Dane's bruised vagina then it's a shame.

Bunch of pansies can't take name calling, go back to kindergarten and duke it out on the playground.

Frazod
03-21-2011, 12:04 PM

You know Cheney takes it up the ass, right?

patteeu
03-21-2011, 12:07 PM
You know Cheney takes it up the ass, right?

Yeah, he's been anally raped by an ungrateful public after years of self-less service to his country. Great man.

Jaric
03-21-2011, 12:10 PM
My vote is no!

If this is all stemming from Dane's bruised vagina then it's a shame.

Bunch of pansies can't take name calling, go back to kindergarten and duke it out on the playground.

Errrr given the circumstances of what pissed him off, this might not be the best analogy...

Hog Farmer
03-21-2011, 12:14 PM

Bowser
03-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah, he's been anally raped by an ungrateful public after years of self-less service to his country. Great man.

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/political-pictures-dick-cheney-smiling.jpg

Rain Man
03-21-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm fine with the current level of moderation, but I wish the dress code was more relaxed. I don't know why I have to wear a shirt with a collar just because I want to post. No one even sees it.

patteeu
03-21-2011, 12:23 PM
*** image clipped ***

Who doesn't love a jokester?

http://www.freakingnews.com/Pictures/2/Dick-Cheney.jpg

King_Chief_Fan
03-21-2011, 01:33 PM
I like the low level moderation. Especially when it causes ass hats like Dane to hit the road

Omaha
03-21-2011, 01:38 PM
WTF did I miss?

patteeu
03-21-2011, 01:40 PM
WTF did I miss?

The entire collection of songs from Use Your Illusion 1 & 2 made it to the second round of the Rock N Poll. Cries for increased moderation ensued.

Omaha
03-21-2011, 01:48 PM
The entire collection of songs from Use Your Illusion 1 & 2 made it to the second round of the Rock N Poll. Cries for increased moderation ensued.

Holy shit! How can I change my vote?

Frazod
03-21-2011, 01:53 PM

He's curled up under Obama's desk right now, painting his toenails.

Jaric
03-21-2011, 02:19 PM

I propose an inquisition. There is no reason to listen to anything made by guns and roses except Appetite for Destruction.

The non-believers must be purged.

-King-
03-21-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm fine with the current level of moderation, but I wish the dress code was more relaxed. I don't know why I have to wear a shirt with a collar just because I want to post. No one even sees it.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Gracie Dean
03-21-2011, 05:12 PM
One of the reasons CP exists is the HEAVY handed mods at the old KC Star

This board is fine as long as we self-moderate

vailpass
03-21-2011, 05:15 PM
One of the reasons CP exists is the HEAVY handed mods at the old KC Star

This board is fine as long as we self-moderate

I can't, I'm Catholic.

HMc
03-21-2011, 07:20 PM
how the hell can anyone be offended by "family" shots when the other party doesn't know you at all? If someone on here called my wife a whore, I'd be like...um..no, she isn't. Hell, you could call my wife a whore to her face and we'd both just look at you and laugh, because you're obviously a no-hoper douchebag.

Just Passin' By
03-21-2011, 07:21 PM
how the hell can anyone be offended by "family" shots when the other party doesn't know you at all? If someone on here called my wife a whore, I'd be like...um..no, she isn't. Hell, you could call my wife a whore to her face and we'd both just look at you and laugh, because you're obviously a no-hoper douchebag.

Well said.

And your wife's a whore.

DaFace
03-21-2011, 07:36 PM

I sometimes call my wife a whore (jokingly). Does that count?

HonestChieffan
03-21-2011, 08:04 PM
I can't, I'm Catholic.

You can if you go to confession.

HonestChieffan
03-21-2011, 08:05 PM

If she says so. Otherwise you may be in a hospital soon.

BigRedChief
03-21-2011, 08:06 PM
I think that people could be more decent to one another but I'm not sure that's mod enforceable.This. Self moderation would work better than say a name change for people being dicks to one another.

CoMoChief
03-21-2011, 09:01 PM

Do you call her a whore while youre pounding her relentlessly from behind?

if so that is perfectly fine...and to be honest...it's recommended

dtebbe
03-21-2011, 10:33 PM
From what I can tell as long as you don't write anything too witty you'll be fine.

If you do write something witty, make sure to clue in all the retards that it's a joke.

DT

Baconeater
03-21-2011, 10:57 PM
From what I can tell as long as you don't write anything too witty you'll be fine.

If you do write something witty, make sure to clue in all the retards that it's a joke.

DT
<blink>BUTT HURT ALERT!</blink>

patteeu
03-22-2011, 03:50 AM

DT

LMAO Correct!

Earthling
03-22-2011, 07:43 AM
how the hell can anyone be offended by "family" shots when the other party doesn't know you at all?

Wouldn't that be true for virtually everything then, not just family shots?

MOhillbilly
03-22-2011, 07:45 AM
Chaos is the best part.

Sofa King
03-22-2011, 07:55 AM
Chaos is the best part.

yes, yes it is...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/concertchaos/ProfessorChaos.jpg

Halfcan
03-22-2011, 09:26 AM

End of poll.

Iowanian
03-22-2011, 09:29 AM
My posts sting so much because I type with a whipping motion.

As soon as my fingers hit the letters that form the smacktomic bombs, I snap them back immediately without any follow through so the tips don't hurt as bad and you feel the full crack of my verbal whips.

chiefsnorth
03-22-2011, 09:55 AM
It should always be hands-off except in the case of spamming or Somethig really egregious like posting pron or making death threats.

Otherwise you end up with favoritism going on and it spirals down.