PDA

View Full Version : Music Rock N Poll: Round 1, Heat 33

Rain Man
03-20-2011, 03:58 PM
We're getting darn close to finishing the first round.

KurtCobain
03-20-2011, 04:06 PM
You put Signs in the toughest fucking heat ever? Fuck you over and over and over Rainman. I'm coming to Denver. You'd better watch out.

KcMizzou
03-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Damn... at least 5 songs worthy of a vote.

Gonzo
03-20-2011, 04:14 PM
One is quite possibly the best song Metallica ever did.
Posted via Mobile Device

seclark
03-20-2011, 04:16 PM
walk
signs
brick
sec

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-20-2011, 04:17 PM
One and both Floyd songs

Really wanted to vote for Signs, but this heat is brutal

RNR
walk
signs
brick
sec

Walk
Numb
Brick~

BillSelfsTrophycase
Also, anyone voting suckage in this heat should be banned from listening to rock ever again

Rain Man
You put Signs in the toughest ****ing heat ever? **** you over and over and over Rainman. I'm coming to Denver. You'd better watch out.

So you've heard of these songs then? I still need to check them out.

KurtCobain
03-20-2011, 04:20 PM
So you've heard of these songs then? I still need to check them out.

You're gonna love Signs. Get ready for a new favorite song.

Reaper16
03-20-2011, 04:21 PM
My votes:
1.) "Comfortably Numb" -- a masterwork. Gilmour's guitar tone on the solos in this song is achingly beautiful; one of the best recorded guitar tones I've ever heard.

2.) "Walk This Way" -- a classic, sweaty rocker. This song smells like swagger and wet pussy. How can you not vote for this?

3.) "Another Brick in the Wall" -- it's overrated and not among Pink Floyd's best songs, IMO. But I'm going to vote for it anyway in as a sort of bet-hedge that a Pink Floyd song makes it out of this heat.

I didn't vote for "One" only because it isn't a rock song.

RNR
03-20-2011, 04:25 PM
My votes:
1.) "Comfortably Numb" -- a masterwork. Gilmour's guitar tone on the solos in this song is achingly beautiful; one of the best recorded guitar tones I've ever heard.

2.) "Walk This Way" -- a classic, sweaty rocker. This song smells like swagger and wet pussy. How can you not vote for this?

3.) "Another Brick in the Wall" -- it's overrated and not among Pink Floyd's best songs, IMO. But I'm going to vote for it anyway in as a sort of bet-hedge that a Pink Floyd song makes it out of this heat.

I didn't vote for "One" only because it isn't a rock song.

I am in total agreement :spock: with Reaper. I never dreamed we would agree on anything~

Bugeater
03-20-2011, 04:29 PM
I never cared for the thrashy sound of "One", "Walk this way" was tired out two decades ago, "Stone blue" isn't even close to one of Foghat's best efforts, same with "Love is strong", and Tesla ruined "Signs" for me. I'm gonna vote for the two Floyd songs and call it a round.

Chiefburger
03-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Signs, Walk this Way, Comfortably Numb. Another Brick in the Wall is OK but in no way the anthem it's made out to be.

Dartgod
03-20-2011, 05:07 PM
Signs, Walk this Way, Comfortably Numb. Another Brick in the Wall is OK but in no way the anthem it's made out to be.
This.

I'd like to vote for both Floyd songs, but don't want to leave Signs and Walk This Way out. Comfortably Numb gets the 3rd vote as the best of the 2 Floyd songs.

patteeu
03-20-2011, 05:07 PM
Five Man Electrical Band's Signs is the clear winner for me.

After that, I could probably pick any of the rest for my 2nd and 3rd vote. I couldn't find the Social Code song, but after listening to one of their other songs I think I'd probably like it. I almost voted for Comfortably Numb, but after brief consideration and a thought about making a strategic suckage vote, I decided to go with Aerosmith and Metallica here.

wazu
03-20-2011, 05:08 PM
What is wrong with you people? "One" has to make the cut.

patteeu
03-20-2011, 05:09 PM
This.

I'd like to vote for both Floyd songs, but don't want to leave Signs and Walk This Way out. Comfortably Numb gets the 3rd vote as the best of the 2 Floyd songs.

It's weird how most of the people who have commented on which Floyd song they think is better have all picked Comfortably Numb, but how Another Brick is ahead in the polling. Go figure.

KurtCobain
03-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Five Man Electrical Band's Signs is the clear winner for me.

I always knew I liked you. Excellent taste in music. Rest of ChiefsPlanet is fucking deaf for sure. I'll kill them all. All of them.

patteeu
03-20-2011, 05:13 PM
I always knew I liked you. Excellent taste in music. Rest of ChiefsPlanet is ****ing deaf for sure. I'll kill them all. All of them.

You, I, and 5 other smart people will rebuild ChiefsPlanet from the ashes.

RJ
03-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Has Gypsys, Tramps and Thieves not come up yet or did I just miss it?

Pitt Gorilla
03-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Easily the best heat in the poll. One & Numb are the creme de la creme, though.

Rain Man
03-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Walk This Way, Aerosmith - If you appreciate rock, you have to like this song. Dude has a great voice, and the song works both lyrically (to the extent you can understand them) and musically. #1 vote.

One, Metallica - Well, that was different. It was a good one-time listen, but I don't see myself wanting to hear it a second time.

Love Is Strong, Rolling Stones - Seems like a fine song. I've heard better, I've heard worse, both in general and by the Rolling Stones.

Stone Blue, Foghat - Seems like a fine song. I'd listen to it again, I guess. It would have been better without that long guitar riff.

Signs, Five Man Electrical Band - Yeah, I can go for this. This is a good song. I like it. Nice music, good lyrics, tells a story. Gets my #2 vote, and could be #1.

Gonna Use Me and I Like It, Social Code - As patteeu mentioned, I couldn't find the song. I listened to another Social Code song that seemed pretty good, but I can't vote for a song I can't hear.

Comfortably Numb, Pink Floyd - That's actually a really good song. I wonder if other people know about it. The guitar stuff at the end was a little too long, but was less boring than the long boring lead-in to Another Brick In The Wall. I figured Comfortably Numb wouldn't beat Brick, but I think it does. #3 vote.

Another Brick in the Wall, Pink Floyd - Iconic song from my youth. I think it was my senior year in high school when people would write "We don't need no education" on the chalkboards. The music is fine, but Comfortably Numb seems to have more interesting stuff going on. I'm surprised to not have this song in my top three, but it barely misses the cut.

Rain Man
03-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Has Gypsys, Tramps and Thieves not come up yet or did I just miss it?

Sorry. Neither it nor "I Got You, Babe" were nominated.

KcMizzou
03-20-2011, 07:05 PM
Walk This Way, Aerosmith - If you appreciate rock, you have to like this song. Dude has a great voice, and the song works both lyrically (to the extent you can understand them) and musically. #1 vote.And looks like a lady.

Rain Man
03-20-2011, 07:08 PM
And looks like lady.

I was hoping someone would catch that.

RJ
03-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Sorry. Neither it nor "I Got You, Babe" were nominated.

You gotta be shittin' me!

Predarat
03-20-2011, 08:11 PM
My gosh is the the 2nd round already?

Pitt Gorilla
03-20-2011, 08:16 PM
One, Metallica - Well, that was different. It was a good one-time listen, but I don't see myself wanting to hear it a second time.:spock:

Predarat
03-20-2011, 08:55 PM
If there is any room in the 2nd round hope 1 or 2 of the runners up here get in, this is a great heat.

cdcox
03-20-2011, 09:04 PM
I went with Walk and the two PF songs. Really hated leaving out signs, but it wasn't going to crack the top 4 anyway.

In reality, no individual songs should be played from the Wall. The whole album must be taken in as a whole.

KurtCobain
03-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Signs got fucked. It was a lesser known song slammed into maybe the BEST heat in this whole thing. Rainman better fix this and let it in to round two.

Rain Man
03-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Signs got ****ed. It was a lesser known song slammed into maybe the BEST heat in this whole thing. Rainman better fix this and let it in to round two.

If I was going to fix an injustice, it would be having Jungleland and Cadillac Ranch and Badlands all in the same heat. It obviously disoriented voters so badly that the voting got split amongst them. Music historians will shake their heads over that for the next hundred years, and then after the nuclear wars of 2111 they'll shake their giant mutant lobster heads over it.

KurtCobain
03-20-2011, 09:19 PM
If I was going to fix an injustice, it would be having Jungleland and Cadillac Ranch and Badlands all in the same heat. It obviously disoriented voters so badly that the voting got split amongst them. Music historians will shake their heads over that for the next hundred years, and then after the nuclear wars of 2111 they'll shake their giant mutant lobster heads over it.

Well, fix it and this. Quick. Put signs in again in the next heat.

Nzoner
03-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Signs got ****ed. It was a lesser known song slammed into maybe the BEST heat in this whole thing. Rainman better fix this and let it in to round two.

Signs was one of the first 45 records I ever owned,great focking song that should have advanced but it just goes to show that it's all about copmmercial radio.

Frazod
03-20-2011, 11:05 PM
I've never understood the popularity of Another Brick In The Wall - I think it's one of the weakest songs on the album and I've been sick of it for decades.

Comfortably Numb, OTOH, is one of the greatest songs of all time. Should be right there at end, assuming we're still alive when this poll concludes at some point in late 2025. :D

Slainte
03-20-2011, 11:48 PM
Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, Pink Floyd.

Rain Man
03-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Wow. The top three really duked it out on this one.

Moving on are:

Walk This Way
Comfortably Numb
Another Brick In The Wall

Phobia
03-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Good grief - look at all the Floyd fans.

KurtCobain
03-21-2011, 08:42 PM
Wow. The top three really duked it out on this one.

Moving on are:

Walk This Way
Comfortably Numb
Another Brick In The Wall

You fucked me over, Rainman. Denver isn't that far away, I warn you.

Garcia Bronco
03-21-2011, 09:28 PM
One
Walk this Way
CN

Bugeater
03-21-2011, 09:29 PM
One
Walk this Way
CN
Poll's closed, Donkboy.

Rain Man
03-21-2011, 09:33 PM
You ****ed me over, Rainman. Denver isn't that far away, I warn you.

You wouldn't last 24 hours in Denver to find me. We Denver Chiefs fans are the toughest SOBs on the face of the planet to survive here. Instead of salmon roe on our sushi, we top it with glass shards. We drink red wine with fish. You're kidding yourself if you think you can come here and off me.

KcMizzou
03-21-2011, 09:37 PM
You wouldn't last 24 hours in Denver to find me. We Denver Chiefs fans are the toughest SOBs on the face of the planet to survive here. Instead of salmon roe on our sushi, we top it with glass shards. We drink red wine with fish. You're kidding yourself if you think you can come here and off me.:eek: