PDA

View Full Version : Obama Why did Obama abandon the Iranian people...

The Mad Crapper
03-20-2011, 05:56 PM
But now is ok with bombing Libya?

Direckshun
03-20-2011, 06:02 PM
I'll agree it certainly begs the question.

patteeu
03-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Mad Crapper, Direckshun, and me... grouphug! :grouphug:

Who else wants to join?

redsurfer11
03-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Israel? Put the pieces together.

The Mad Crapper
03-20-2011, 06:33 PM

I thought of that too. Especially with the way he Abandoned Mubarek. His motives are suspect.

BucEyedPea
03-20-2011, 06:49 PM
And the Saudis, Yemenis and the people of Bahrain?

WV
03-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Hell...I'd like him to deliver something for Americans.

alnorth
03-20-2011, 06:58 PM
Serious answer: only thing I can think of is that Europe really, really, really wanted this one, and were not as interested in the others. We attack for a couple weeks, hand the pieces off to them, and now they owe us a favor. Or the favor we owed them for following us all over hell is now repaid. Either way, that (our allies wanted it) is the only reason I can think of why this serves our national interests while the other situations did not.

ROYC75
03-20-2011, 07:03 PM
I'll agree it certainly begs the question.

Duh! :doh!:

Chiefshrink
03-20-2011, 07:28 PM

Sarkozy showing him up and that is why I PM'd you with my photoshop idea.:thumb:

Amnorix
03-20-2011, 07:37 PM
The speculation I heard is that England/France and the Arab League were all basically begging the US to get involved because of our unique capabilities, and we finally agreed when it seemed that there was more to gain than lose by doing so.

Which seems pretty sensible.

The Mad Crapper
03-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Serious answer: only thing I can think of is that Europe really, really, really wanted this one, and were not as interested in the others. We attack for a couple weeks, hand the pieces off to them, and now they owe us a favor. Or the favor we owed them for following us all over hell is now repaid. Either way, that (our allies wanted it) is the only reason I can think of why this serves our national interests while the other situations did not.

What's the motive? They don't want an exodus of Libyans to Europe?

cardken
03-20-2011, 09:16 PM
In much the same way Dubya Sr, did back in the day?

HonestChieffan
03-20-2011, 09:18 PM

Israel likes Iran and hates Libya.

WTF?

alnorth
03-21-2011, 01:38 AM

hmm, that actually makes sense. I didn't think of that.

The Colonel vows merciless death to the rebels, the rebels are all set to come over in a horde to France and the UK or wherever to ask for asylum. France and the UK begs us to help them out just this once, so we agree. In exchange, we now owe them nothing for following us into all the Iraq and Afghanistan foolishness.

redsurfer11
03-21-2011, 05:14 AM
Israel likes Iran and hates Libya.

WTF?

Sorry, you're not looking at Qbamas big picture.

patteeu
03-21-2011, 10:10 AM
In much the same way Dubya Sr, did back in the day?

Iran, not Iraq.

The Mad Crapper
03-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Sorry, you're not looking at Qbamas big picture.

B.O. definitely has it in for Israel.

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Hell...I'd like him to deliver something for Americans.

Think of this as a job opportunity.

chiefsnorth
03-21-2011, 12:28 PM

It's already happening. Last week there was a story about them coming in waves to Italy, and Italy was protesting while also reminding France and Germany that 80% of them were headed for their borders.

Because these countries have liberalized their immigration policy to the point of insanity, political realities preclude them from shutting out a Lybian invasion of their welfare states, so they have to try to stop the conflict in order to prevent it.

BucEyedPea
03-21-2011, 12:53 PM
This is why the Italians should be handling their former colony.

But life is too sweet and short so they enjoy La Dolce Vita, drinking, eating and pinching beautiful women.

alpha_omega
03-21-2011, 01:19 PM

Because the UN said it was ok.

The Mad Crapper
03-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Because the UN said it was ok.

The same UN that elected Iran to its Commission on the Status of Women? That UN? ROFL

alpha_omega
03-21-2011, 02:58 PM
The same UN that elected Iran to its Commission on the Status of Women? That UN? ROFL

That's the one! There is probably a nearly endless list of ROFL's about the UN.

Jaric
03-21-2011, 03:17 PM
That's the one! There is probably a nearly endless list of ROFL's about the UN.

All of which are followed by a :banghead: and then a :crybaby:

The Mad Crapper
03-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Meanwhile, Shithead and his family are partying in Brazil, a vacation from their vacation, as it were...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2692319/posts

Amnorix
03-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Question for the board -- are Presidents allowed any time off during their four years of Presidency, or are they supposed to stay chained at their desks 24/7?

I know Camp David is bad, going home (see GWB) is bad, golfing is bad, and trips abroad are bad. Is going to the bathroom permitted, or shoudl there be some kind of hole in the chair with a chamber pot that gets changed out by a maid type thing going on?

Inquiring minds want to know.

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Question for the board -- are Presidents allowed any time off during their four years of Presidency, or are they supposed to stay chained at their desks 24/7?

I know Camp David is bad, going home (see GWB) is bad, golfing is bad, and trips abroad are bad. Is going to the bathroom permitted, or shoudl there be some kind of hole in the chair with a chamber pot that gets changed out by a maid type thing going on?

The job is 24/7. The president gets sleep, but never rest. And it doesn't matter where the man is.

AndChiefs
03-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Meanwhile, Shithead and his family are partying in Brazil, a vacation from their vacation, as it were...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2692319/posts

Looks like he's the most talented soccer player I've ever seen though...

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20110321/i/r1964290573.jpg?x=400&y=282&q=85&sig=AZhxLKer36NgXYbVlWp8BA--

redsurfer11
03-21-2011, 05:30 PM
B.O. definitely has it in for Israel.

Grand Slam Home Run

The Mad Crapper
03-21-2011, 05:35 PM

Dude, everytime you turn around the guy and/or his wife is on another vacation. And everything--- domestic, international, economy--- continues to get worse, as it has ever since that moron was inaugerated. Facts are facts.

Stewie
03-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Isn't it strange that there's this huge uprising in the Arab world all at once? Who's behind it? Think about it. I'll give you one guess... Iran and Russia. It's nothing but a power play.

Who knew that Libyan peasants all of the sudden had 50mm ammunition while dressed in military fatigues and had access to MIG-23s? Yep, plowshares to swords.... errr, MIGs.

HonestChieffan
03-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Dude, everytime you turn around the guy and/or his wife is on another vacation. And everything--- domestic, international, economy--- continues to get worse, as it has ever since that moron was inaugerated. Facts are facts.

One of your better, to the point, smackdaddy posts.

HonestChieffan
03-21-2011, 09:58 PM

Illustration anyone???

http://sadhillnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/obama-china-it-would-be-so-much-easier-to-be-the-president-of-china-1-sad-hill-news2.jpg

The Mad Crapper
03-22-2011, 07:01 AM
Isn't it strange that there's this huge uprising in the Arab world all at once? Who's behind it? Think about it. I'll give you one guess... Iran and Russia. It's nothing but a power play.

Who knew that Libyan peasants all of the sudden had 50mm ammunition while dressed in military fatigues and had access to MIG-23s? Yep, plowshares to swords.... errr, MIGs.

Meanwhile, Iran keeps gaining ground
Last Updated: 12:13 AM, March 22, 2011

'I am with you," President Obama said Sunday in his now-annual address for Nowruz, the Persian New Year. This time, however, he sidestepped the ruling ayatollahs he once tried to lure into "engagement" and instead urged "the young people of Iran" to imitate others in the region and rise up against their oppressors.

Better late than never? Obama must realize that he's now in the regime-change business. Yes, that same enterprise he has dismissed so cavalierly since becoming a US senator.

Deferring to the United Nations as he launched a Libya airstrike over the weekend only obscured his flip. Yes, the Security Council resolution defined the mission as an attempt to "protect civilians," and Obama's aides declare that removing Moammar Khadafy from power isn't part of their mission. But unless the Libyan tyrant is forced to "leave" (as Obama said he must), no defense of civilians can realistically be sustained.

And as Obama's switch on Iran shows us, this won't end with Libya. In the war for the Mideast's soul, the world will increasingly expect America to lead.

Yet Libya, led by a universally hated madman, is easy compared to Iran -- which many Muslims revere, even as others hate it. The mullahs see themselves, and are still seen by many others (including Islamist Sunni rivals), as a model for the Mideast's future, one that's the antithesis of our hopes for the region.

Worse, Tehran started building a winning momentum long before the December uprising in Tunisia that unleashed the rolling challenge to the decades-old regional order. Nor does that upheaval slow Iran's nuclear-weapons progress.

The UN committee charged with enforcing the Security Council's Iran sanctions is expected to discuss a few recent incidents in its periodic meeting today:

* On Friday, Malaysia intercepted two containers on their way to Iran. The cargo included a stainless-steel holding tank and agitating-mixer devices -- materials that can be used for nuclear weapons.

* Back in December, South Korea intercepted 400 suspicious tubes.

* In September, Singapore intercepted aluminum powder that can be used in Iran's missile technology.

Turkey yesterday stopped for inspection a plane on its way from Iran to Syria. A week earlier, the Turks intercepted another such plane but let it go, saying they'd found nothing suspicious on board. Nevertheless, persistent intelligence data -- and even official International Atomic Energy Agency reports -- indicate that the nuclear cooperation between Tehran and Damascus didn't end when Israel bombed a Syrian nuclear plant back in 2007.

Meanwhile, Iran is also supporting like-minded factions across the region, including by sending them arms, again in violation of the UN sanctions. Last week, Israel intercepted a German-owned ship, the Victoria, which was traveling from Syria to the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip. Among the seized weapons: land-to-sea missiles made in Iran from a Chinese design. The missiles could have "changed the strategic balance" in the region had they reached their destination, according to Israeli officials.

As a fascinated world follows the region's pro-democracy battles, Iran is widening its zone of influence by arming and otherwise supporting allies in Lebanon, Yemen, Iraq, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, to name a few. Last month, British troops on the Afghan-Iranian border intercepted an arms delivery to the Taliban, likely destined for use against US troops.

Unless interrupted, Iran will continue to intervene in conflicts caused by young people yearning for freedom -- hijacking democratic revolts to produce Islamist regimes, as Ayatollah Khomeini did in 1979.

Worse, if it's allowed to complete its nuclear quest, Iran's influence will quickly turn into outright dominance -- bad news for anyone hoping the Arab Spring would change the region for the better.

Obama must do much more than issue the occasional Persian holiday greeting. Ultimately, the ayatollah regime must end. But even before that, we must return America's -- and the world's -- gaze to Iran's nuclear threat.

Obama must reiterate and make sure the mullahs know it, too: that "all options" mean all options. Because adding Iranian nukes to a Mideast already aflame would be much more catastrophic than losing just another battle for Arab democracy.

beavni@gmail.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/meanwhile_iran_keeps_gaining_ground_r2D5Jo0l02eLdUTb0MKSwN#ixzz1HKS66Pwf

patteeu
03-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Unless interrupted, Iran will continue to intervene in conflicts caused by young people yearning for freedom -- hijacking democratic revolts to produce Islamist regimes, as Ayatollah Khomeini did in 1979.

Worse, if it's allowed to complete its nuclear quest, Iran's influence will quickly turn into outright dominance -- bad news for anyone hoping the Arab Spring would change the region for the better.

This is why all those people who think we could live with a MAD policy against a nuclear armed Iran are wrong. MAD won't prevent Iran from expanding it's conventional meddling throughout the region, but a nuclear capability will reduce our ability (and the ability of the nations of the region) to stop it.

BucEyedPea
03-22-2011, 08:52 AM
There's no evidence that Iran is developing nuclear for weapons. They signed a treaty allowing them to develop nuclear power for energy.

And "abandon the Iranian people?" Is that Obama's job too? Is he the world's emperor?

Perhaps allowing Iranians to have nuclear power, since they have an energy crisis, isn't abandoning them but helping them.

loochy
03-22-2011, 09:37 AM
There's no evidence that Iran is developing nuclear for weapons. They signed a treaty allowing them to develop nuclear power for energy.

And "abandon the Iranian people?" Is that Obama's job too? Is he the world's emperor?

Perhaps allowing Iranians to have nuclear power, since they have an energy crisis, isn't abandoning them but helping them.

No, but he wants to be. ;)

patteeu
03-22-2011, 09:54 AM

:facepalm:

BucEyedPea
03-22-2011, 11:18 AM
No, but he wants to be. ;)

Oh I think that's what many of the former-Bushies argue for when they deride Obama for lack of leadership.
He should be leading here at home, dealing our border not for places over 5000 miles or so away.

The Mad Crapper
03-23-2011, 11:35 AM
http://www.moonbattery.com/obama-cdr-in-chief.jpg