PDA

View Full Version : News Suspected Arizona shooter ordered mental evaluation at Springfield's Fed Med

luv
03-22-2011, 07:34 AM
http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-suspected-arizona-shooter-ordered-mental-evaluation-at-springfields-fed-med-20110321,0,7084601.story

Suspected Arizona shooter ordered mental evaluation at Springfield's Fed Med

Chris Replogle, KY3 News & Ethan Forhetz, KY3 News
9:55 p.m. CDT, March 21, 2011

TUCSON, Ariz. - The suspect in the Tucson shootings that killed six and injured 13, including Arizona Representative Gabreille Giffords, will be brought to the Fed-Med in Springfield.

Jared Loughner will undergo a mental competency exam at the federal prison. Attorneys for the accused shooter wanted his mental evaluation to be in Arizona. A judge ordered otherwise.

Federal prosecutors say the facility can conduct the examination and also legally restore Loughner's competency, if needed. A timetable has not been given, but published reports in Arizona say he could be held here for up to 30-days.

Count Zarth
03-22-2011, 07:40 AM
Ask him out for a drink luv, what's the worst that can happen?

WV
03-22-2011, 07:48 AM
Dumbest thing ever, the only thing this guy should get is an injection of lead in his cranium. Looking for ways to cut the budget? I guarantee that a 22 caliber lobotomy is cheaper than spending thousands to determine this guys and others like him are nuts.

Earthling
03-22-2011, 08:02 AM
I agree but I think its a necessary evil to ensure a guilty verdict remains in place and no new trial arguments are introduced after the fact. What I'm curious about is why his attorneys wanted the exam in AZ and not elsewhere?

luv
03-22-2011, 08:25 AM
I agree but I think its a necessary evil to ensure a guilty verdict remains in place and no new trial arguments are introduced after the fact. What I'm curious about is why his attorneys wanted the exam in AZ and not elsewhere?

They probably know more doctors there.

Earthling
03-22-2011, 08:26 AM
They probably know more doctors there.

Ahhhh....Yes. I bet you nailed it.

WV
03-22-2011, 08:27 AM
I hope his transport crashes on the way, slowly killing him and sparing the drivers.

loochy
03-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Perhaps in cases like this, some random citizen should take matters into his or her own hands for the good of society. Then, police should mysteriously "lose the evidence" so no charges can be pressed against the random citizen. Problem solved for all. :thumb:

jAZ
03-22-2011, 08:34 AM
I agree but I think its a necessary evil to ensure a guilty verdict remains in place and no new trial arguments are introduced after the fact.

Agreed.

MOhillbilly
03-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Make hella good money at the fedmed. If you dont mind having shit,piss,& jizz flung at you.
Grandpa raised a family of 4 over 29 years. His stories about the KC & Stl gangsters were the best.

loochy
03-22-2011, 08:55 AM
Make hella good money at the fedmed. If you dont mind having shit,piss,& jizz flung at you.
Grandpa raised a family of 4 over 29 years. His stories about the KC & Stl gangsters were the best.

I mind.

MOhillbilly
03-22-2011, 09:01 AM
I mind.

you ever been to a prison dude? most of the admins are fuckin dead inside. every once in awhile youll run into a hack thats decent, but its not often.

loochy
03-22-2011, 10:22 AM
you ever been to a prison dude? most of the admins are fuckin dead inside. every once in awhile youll run into a hack thats decent, but its not often.

LOL of course I haven't been to a prison! Why would I go to a prison?

The closest I've been is when I took a tour of the new facility they built near my town when I was a child. The unit was not yet operational at the time of the tour.

Ebolapox
03-22-2011, 10:33 AM

I used to work with a lady whose partner (lesbian) works there. she could tell you some fucked up stories, mano.

Kraus
03-22-2011, 11:03 AM
This place is right across the street from me.

luv
03-22-2011, 11:05 AM
you ever been to a prison dude? most of the admins are ****in dead inside. every once in awhile youll run into a hack thats decent, but its not often.

I've been in there before. Went with my church choir to perform the songs from our Christmas contata a few years. Only times I've been in a prison beyond the visiting room (Greene County).

MOhillbilly
03-22-2011, 11:11 AM
LOL of course I haven't been to a prison! Why would I go to a prison?

The closest I've been is when I took a tour of the new facility they built near my town when I was a child. The unit was not yet operational at the time of the tour.

ive been to the majority of the ones in SWMO, state/feds have a contract with the co i work for.
I always like that they still keep a stable of bloodhounds out.:thumb: Other than that its where souls go to die.

MOhillbilly
03-22-2011, 11:11 AM
I've been in there before. Went with my church choir to perform the songs from our Christmas contata a few years. Only times I've been in a prison beyond the visiting room (Greene County).

GC is jail.

Chief Faithful
03-22-2011, 11:17 AM

You have my attention, how about some stories?

MOhillbilly
03-22-2011, 11:22 AM
You have my attention, how about some stories?

maybe when i get back from lunch.

Stl mob boss lost an eye when the car bomb he has hookin up prematuarly exploded, gave out free cards BB tickets to the screws, screws get fired, boss shows up years later, GP calls the feds, a few weeks later conterfiet monies get passed around..heads in buckets,The Birdman..

HonestChieffan
03-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Be cheaper to get a local shrink to declare him nuts.

Groves
03-22-2011, 02:45 PM
maybe when i get back from lunch.

Stl mob boss lost an eye when the car bomb he has hookin up prematuarly exploded, gave out free cards BB tickets to the screws, screws get fired, boss shows up years later, GP calls the feds, a few weeks later conterfiet monies get passed around..heads in buckets,The Birdman..

Bro, I love the story....wait, I think.

You're not going to believe this, but today of all days I can't locate my street language thesaurus. I can't tell if we're in a hardware store or Alcatraz.

Someday you'll have to translate for my lame brain.

gblowfish
03-22-2011, 03:39 PM
That's a spooky place with a bad reputation. The Feds put a lot of guys away in there, not a lot of scrutiny, they can do pretty much whatever they want to whoever is sent there.

John Gotti and the Birdman of Alcatraz both died in there.

MOhillbilly
03-22-2011, 03:41 PM
That's a spooky place with a bad reputation. The Feds put a lot of guys away in there, not a lot of scrutiny, they can do pretty much whatever they want to whoever is sent there.

John Gotti and the Birdman of Alcatraz both died in there.

Grandpa said the bird man was a sexual deviant. i didnt know what he meant...old school for homo. Said he was a complete POS.

MOhillbilly
03-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Bro, I love the story....wait, I think.

You're not going to believe this, but today of all days I can't locate my street language thesaurus. I can't tell if we're in a hardware store or Alcatraz.

Someday you'll have to translate for my lame brain.

its better in person. names and whatnot.

ChiefsOne
03-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Was grandpa working when Flint was here?

ChiefsOne
03-22-2011, 03:47 PM
My office backs up to the FedMed property. I may have to start snipe hunting.

chiefsnorth
03-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Isn't this a pretty standard thing they do there?