PDA

View Full Version : Poop So, a classmate had an idea on how to make some money

luv
03-22-2011, 08:38 AM
As some of you know, I've been going to school for paralegal training. We talked not too long ago about criminal law and capital punishment. A classmate had a fun idea on, not only lowering the cost of the death penalty, but possibly making money on it instead.

People would probably pay good money for the opportunity to kill someone. Why not auction off the opportunity to kill someone who is sentenced to die to the highest bidder?

She was kidding (I think), but could you imagine? I know there are several factors to consider that would definitely hinder the possibility, so I am just speaking in general.

loochy
03-22-2011, 08:39 AM
I think it sounds like a grand idea.

mlyonsd
03-22-2011, 08:56 AM
My advice is not to offer this up as a good idea to your new boss. LMAO

HonestChieffan
03-22-2011, 09:01 AM
One can only hope y'all were drinking when the conversation occurred.

luv
03-22-2011, 09:01 AM
My advice is not to offer this up as a good idea to your new boss. LMAO

Yeah. It's her idea. I'll let her bring it up to her boss (she just started working part time as a file clerk in a different law office). :)

Jaric
03-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Pretty sure that would be unconstitutional.

alnorth
03-22-2011, 09:08 AM
Pretty sure that would be unconstitutional.

Just off-hand, I don't see how. Yeah, inserting the needle would not be allowed because you have to be trained, and if you aren't trained, its cruel and unusual and yada yada yada.

If they set it up and all it is, is pushing a button, any old joe can do that. Just have the button be unaccessible until its time, then tell him to push it.

What it is, is probably immoral or unethical and there's no way I'd support this.

luv
03-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Just off-hand, I don't see how. Yeah, inserting the needle would not be allowed because you have to be trained, and if you aren't trained, its cruel and unusual and yada yada yada.

If they set it up and all it is, is pushing a button, any old joe can do that. Just have the button be unaccessible until its time, then tell him to push it.

What it is, is probably immoral or unethical and there's no way I'd support this.

Ammo is cheaper. :evil:

Anyway, I agree. No way I would support it, but I thought it'd be fun to discuss.

Iowanian
03-22-2011, 09:17 AM
I don't like it.

I think the immediate family members of the person killed by the murderer should be able to choose from the list of execution types and have the opportunity to throw the switch.

luv
03-22-2011, 09:21 AM
I don't like it.

I think the immediate family members of the person killed by the murderer should be able to choose from the list of execution types and have the opportunity to throw the switch.

I mentioned that, too. I would support that before the other.

Dayze
03-22-2011, 09:21 AM
from my understanding, the IV is inserted; then the 'solution' is administered remotely from something like 1 of 7 buttons. 7 people push the button, but only one actually does anything.

Predarat
03-22-2011, 09:24 AM
They should take the cruel and unusual law off the books or at least make exceptions to it. If someone killed another in a cruel and unusual way, they should suffer the same fate.

blaise
03-22-2011, 09:45 AM
If you're just some person (not connected to the victim) who thinks it would be cool and fun to push a button that kills another person you're not much better than the person being executed.

Hog Farmer
03-22-2011, 10:31 AM
If you're just some person (not connected to the victim) who thinks it would be cool and fun to push a button that kills another person you're not much better than the person being executed.

Why ???? Whats wrong with a person wanting to take the life of a person that just raped, killed and mutilated a child. I'm in. And give me a ball bat or a chainsaw to do it with.

Jenson71
03-22-2011, 11:29 AM
This is one of the ideas that aren't worth sharing with anyone else.

patteeu
03-22-2011, 11:40 AM
This is one of the ideas that aren't worth sharing with anyone else.

Jenson71 is right. This is the kind of idea you keep to yourself so that others don't know you had it.

RubberSponge
03-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Fun idea? Anyone that thinks killing another human being is fun, has never taken a human life or has a screw loose.

Why just stop at allowing them to kill them. Why not let the person drink their blood or eat the flesh as well for an extra fee? How about we let them display their trophy on their front lawn for a period of time? How about we let them have the head so they could hang it over the mantle? Imagine the conversations you could have when company comes over.

Rain Man
03-22-2011, 12:48 PM
We're entertaining this idea, and yet no one supports my idea of televised women's prison wrestling?

trndobrd
03-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Fun idea? Anyone that thinks killing another human being is fun, has never taken a human life or has a screw loose.

This. On the other hand, pay-per-view death matches between convicted killers...

Rain Man
03-22-2011, 01:14 PM
This. On the other hand, pay-per-view death matches between convicted killers...

Must-see TV.

blaise
03-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Must-see TV.

They should put it in a Thunderdome with weapons attached to the side, and midget managers.

go bowe
03-22-2011, 01:25 PM
They should put it in a Thunderdome with weapons attached to the side, and midget managers.replay (like a repost)...

Baby Lee
03-22-2011, 02:08 PM
We administer justice as a community, state, or nation, not individuals.

That goes for killing by bid or lottery as much as it does revenge killing out in the streets

patteeu
03-22-2011, 02:17 PM
We administer justice as a community, state, or nation, not individuals.

That goes for killing by bid or lottery as much as it does revenge killing out in the streets

luv's friend thinks you're a party pooper.

luv
03-22-2011, 02:48 PM
luv's friend thinks you're a party pooper.

Actually, she probably would.