PDA

View Full Version : Economics Drill, Brazil, Drill!

Chief Faithful
03-22-2011, 10:30 AM
This is the kind of duality among our liberal politicians that ticks me off, ask all the world to drill while preventing American companies from doing the same.

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/566719/201103211908/Obama-Drill-Brazil-Drill.htm

Obama: Drill, Brazil, Drill!

Posted 03/21/2011 07:08 PM ET

Energy Policy: While leaving U.S. oil and jobs in the ground, our itinerant president tells a South American neighbor that we'll help it develop its offshore resources so we can one day import its oil. WHAT?!?

With Japan staggered by a natural disaster and a nuclear crisis, cruise missiles launched against Libya in our third Middle East conflict and a majority of U.S. senators complaining about a lack of leadership on the budget, President Obama decided it would be a good time to schmooze with Brazilians.

His "What, me worry?" presidency has given both Americans and our allies plenty to worry about. But in the process of making nice with Brazil, Obama made a mind-boggling announcement that should make even his most loyal supporter cringe:

We will help Brazil develop its offshore oil so we can one day import it.

We have noted this double standard before, particularly when at a time when the president was railing against tax incentives for U.S. oil companies we supported the U.S. Export-Import Bank's plan to lend $2 billion to Brazil's state-run Petrobras with the promise of more to follow.

Now, with a seven-year offshore drilling ban in effect off of both coasts, on Alaska's continental shelf and in much of the Gulf of Mexico and a de facto moratorium covering the rest Obama tells the Brazilians:

"We want to help you with the technology and support to develop these oil reserves safely. And when you're ready to start selling, we want to be one of your best customers."

Obama wants to develop Brazilian offshore oil to help the Brazilian economy create jobs for Brazilian workers while Americans are left unemployed in the face of skyrocketing energy prices by an administration that despises fossil fuels as a threat to the environment and wants to increase our dependency on foreign oil.

Obama said he chose Brazil to kick off his first-ever visit to South America in recognition of that country's ascendancy. He has also highlighted one of the reasons for America's decline an energy policy that through the creation of an artificial shortage of fossil fuels makes prices "necessarily skyrocket" to foster his green energy agenda.

In an op-ed in USA Today explaining his trip, Obama opined: "Brazil holds recently discovered oil reserves that could be far larger than ours. And as we seek to increase secure-energy supplies, we look forward to developing a strategic energy partnership."

Chief Faithful
03-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Why develop our own resources and provide Americans jobs? Instead lets go to war in Iraq and Lybia. Let's push the Arabs to pump more oil. Maybe a little war with Iran can help the Saudi King out with his bank account. Bow low to that little whack job Chavez because he might restrict that oil. Stop drilling and developing our own resources and tax Exon more than their fair share. Drill, Brazil, Drill!

Iowanian
03-22-2011, 10:39 AM
The HopeADope campaign is really effective, because now that I think he's completely punched out, I'll be very, very unprepared and surprised when Obama does something that is actually GOOD for Americans.

The Mad Crapper
03-22-2011, 11:14 AM
C'mon guys, we're going to have something way better than Brazil, we're going to have windmills and solar panels!

http://www.moonbattery.com/March-Madness.jpg

Chief Faithful
03-22-2011, 11:36 AM
C'mon guys, we're going to have something way better than Brazil, we're going to have windmills and solar panels!

http://www.moonbattery.com/March-Madness.jpg

And trains, don't forget the trains. That 19th century technology is going to save the planet.

Obama, following France to war for oil.

The Mad Crapper
03-22-2011, 11:39 AM
And trains, don't forget the trains. That 19th century technology is going to save the planet.

Obama, following France to war for oil.

Trains, solar panels and windmills! ROFL

Baby Lee
03-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Anything else on earth - 'the market is a broken model'

Wind/Solar - 'just ask the market, really ask nice and say pretty please, and wind turbines and solar panels will cost less than penny candy and provide uninterrupted clean power with no side effects.'

Water powered car: 2011 edition.

KC native
03-22-2011, 02:37 PM
JFC when are you guys going to drop this? Until there is an alternative to oil, it is incredibly stupid to use up our oil when we can use the rest of the world's.

Drilling off the continental shelf or in ANWR will do nothing for oil's price and nothing to ween us off of oil.

Baby Lee
03-22-2011, 02:58 PM
JFC when are you guys going to drop this? Until there is an alternative to oil, it is incredibly stupid to use up our oil when we can use the rest of the world's.

Drilling off the continental shelf or in ANWR will do nothing for oil's price and nothing to ween us off of oil.

You're right, I planted a garden, then decided to go buy my vegetables at Whole Foods.

Built a couple GM and Chrysler plants, then laid my $$ down for a Hyundai.

Melanine milk from half a world away seems like a tastier alternative as well.

It's called the long con. Make everyone else on earth 'Dubai' rich, but Oh boy will they regret it in 50 years.

mlyonsd
03-22-2011, 03:10 PM
You're right, I planted a garden, then decided to go buy my vegetables at Whole Foods.

Built a couple GM and Chrysler plants, then laid my $$ down for a Hyundai.

Melanine milk from half a world away seems like a tastier alternative as well.

It's called the long con. Make everyone else on earth 'Dubai' rich, but Oh boy will they regret it in 50 years.

Yeah that was a new angle I hadn't heard before.

Calcountry
03-22-2011, 03:35 PM
We must reelect Obama, to not do so would be to admit we are racist.

King_Chief_Fan
03-22-2011, 04:44 PM
This is the kind of duality among our liberal politicians that ticks me off, ask all the world to drill while preventing American companies from doing the same.

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/566719/201103211908/Obama-Drill-Brazil-Drill.htm

Obama: Drill, Brazil, Drill!

Posted 03/21/2011 07:08 PM ET

Energy Policy: While leaving U.S. oil and jobs in the ground, our itinerant president tells a South American neighbor that we'll help it develop its offshore resources so we can one day import its oil. WHAT?!?

With Japan staggered by a natural disaster and a nuclear crisis, cruise missiles launched against Libya in our third Middle East conflict and a majority of U.S. senators complaining about a lack of leadership on the budget, President Obama decided it would be a good time to schmooze with Brazilians.

His "What, me worry?" presidency has given both Americans and our allies plenty to worry about. But in the process of making nice with Brazil, Obama made a mind-boggling announcement that should make even his most loyal supporter cringe:

We will help Brazil develop its offshore oil so we can one day import it.

We have noted this double standard before, particularly when at a time when the president was railing against tax incentives for U.S. oil companies we supported the U.S. Export-Import Bank's plan to lend $2 billion to Brazil's state-run Petrobras with the promise of more to follow.

Now, with a seven-year offshore drilling ban in effect off of both coasts, on Alaska's continental shelf and in much of the Gulf of Mexico and a de facto moratorium covering the rest Obama tells the Brazilians:

"We want to help you with the technology and support to develop these oil reserves safely. And when you're ready to start selling, we want to be one of your best customers."

Obama wants to develop Brazilian offshore oil to help the Brazilian economy create jobs for Brazilian workers while Americans are left unemployed in the face of skyrocketing energy prices by an administration that despises fossil fuels as a threat to the environment and wants to increase our dependency on foreign oil.

Obama said he chose Brazil to kick off his first-ever visit to South America in recognition of that country's ascendancy. He has also highlighted one of the reasons for America's decline an energy policy that through the creation of an artificial shortage of fossil fuels makes prices "necessarily skyrocket" to foster his green energy agenda.

In an op-ed in USA Today explaining his trip, Obama opined: "Brazil holds recently discovered oil reserves that could be far larger than ours. And as we seek to increase secure-energy supplies, we look forward to developing a strategic energy partnership."

I am traveling to Brazil in two weeks. I will check with the natives and see what they thought of the visit.

orange
03-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Now, with a seven-year offshore drilling ban in effect off of both coasts, on Alaska's continental shelf and in much of the Gulf of Mexico — and a de facto moratorium covering the rest —

The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation, and Enforcement (BOEMRE) announced on Feb. 28 the approval of the first deepwater oil drilling permit since the BP disaster that released an estimated five million barrels of oil into the Gulf of Mexico. A temporary ban on exploratory offshore oil drilling in water depths greater than 500 feet was lifted on Oct. 12, 2010. The new permit is for a well operated by Noble Energy of Houston, TX, and co-owned by BP. According to BOEMRE Director Michael R. Bromwich, "This permit was issued for one simple reason: the operator successfully demonstrated that it can drill its deepwater well safely and that it is capable of containing a subsea blowout if it were to occur."

According to Bromwich, "We expect further deepwater permits to be approved in coming weeks and months based on the same process that led to the approval of this permit." Interior Secretary Ken Salazar recently informed a Senate panel, "There are other deepwater permits that are pending and the ones that will go out the door will hopefully be the templates that will allow us to move forward with an additional, significant number of deepwater permits."
http://www.ombwatch.org/node/11536

Ooops! :doh!:

http://images.tbd.com/communities/thecurve-2_296.gif

Chief Faithful
03-22-2011, 06:27 PM
The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation, and Enforcement (BOEMRE) announced on Feb. 28 the approval of the first deepwater oil drilling permit since the BP disaster that released an estimated five million barrels of oil into the Gulf of Mexico. A temporary ban on exploratory offshore oil drilling in water depths greater than 500 feet was lifted on Oct. 12, 2010. The new permit is for a well operated by Noble Energy of Houston, TX, and co-owned by BP. According to BOEMRE Director Michael R. Bromwich, "This permit was issued for one simple reason: the operator successfully demonstrated that it can drill its deepwater well safely and that it is capable of containing a subsea blowout if it were to occur."

According to Bromwich, "We expect further deepwater permits to be approved in coming weeks and months based on the same process that led to the approval of this permit." Interior Secretary Ken Salazar recently informed a Senate panel, "There are other deepwater permits that are pending and the ones that will go out the door will hopefully be the templates that will allow us to move forward with an additional, significant number of deepwater permits."
http://www.ombwatch.org/node/11536

Ooops! :doh!:

http://images.tbd.com/communities/thecurve-2_296.gif

Old news Orange.

Chief Faithful
03-22-2011, 06:30 PM

That's right, adding jobs and increasing supply doesn't help. I don't even know why Obama is traveling the world begging and bowing to every petro dictator for more oil.

orange
03-22-2011, 06:32 PM
Old news Orange.

And you highlighted a clearly wrong statement because ...............................

?

HonestChieffan
03-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Follow the money. Soros has invested mad cash in Brazil. Puppetmaster pulling the strings????

ChiefsCountry
03-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Follow the money. Soros has invested mad cash in Brazil. Puppetmaster pulling the strings????

Winner winner. Soros is the reason for all of this shit.