PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska Quick question for Omahans...

Ebolapox
03-22-2011, 10:38 AM
I got a brochure the other day from a Nebraska Medical Center (or something like that) in Omaha. They're loosely affiliated with U of Nebraska-Omaha, and have Ph.D programs in infectious and chronic diseases (I'm going to be going into infectious disease research)--anybody have any clue who and what they are? there's little to nothing about them on the internet, and we have enough people from Nebraska that maybe SOMEBODY has a clue as to what's up with them before I drop an application fee.

hell, while we're at it, anybody know anything about University of Texas-Medical Branch? they have a really attractive emerging tropical infectious disease Ph.D program, but I've never heard of the University (it's in Galveston, fwiw).

any and all feedback would be appreciated!

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Yeah, it's like a major medical center here. I can't believe you can't find anything on the net about them.

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Here's their web site.

http://www.unmc.edu/

Ebolapox
03-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Yeah, it's like a major medical center here. I can't believe you can't find anything on the net about them.

eh, nothing of great substance. about the same amount of info you could find about any medical center (mostly PR)

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-22-2011, 10:41 AM
My brother's wife works there, if you have any specific questions I can ask her. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll get back to you, I gotta head to a class this afternoon.