PDA

View Full Version : Football Chad Ochocinco

Bill Lundberg
03-22-2011, 05:53 PM
From his facebook: What an awesome place Kansas City is, just getting here and it feels like home already, superb hospitality

I realize he's in town for a soccer tryout, but how would you feel about seeing him opposite Dwayne Bowe on Sundays?

I for one would be all for it for a couple of years.

salame
03-22-2011, 05:54 PM
He is infinitely better than anything besides Bowe on our WR corps

lcarus
03-22-2011, 05:55 PM
I'd much rather have Sidney Rice or James Jones, but if he's the best WR we can get then I'd do it.

Chocolate Hog
03-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Not a chance Haley would put up with his bullshit.

Bill Lundberg
03-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Not a chance Haley would put up with his bullshit.

I don't know about that. Yes he's a loud mouth, but he works his ass off. I think if he comes to work and doesn't disrupt the locker room he could get along fine.

That being said, he's everything Haley is trying to keep Dwayne Bowe from being personality wise so you might be right. Now go get the rusty chainsaw, you know what to do with it!:evil:

DA_T_84
03-22-2011, 06:11 PM
I don't know about that. Yes he's a loud mouth, but he works his ass off. I think if he comes to work and doesn't disrupt the locker room he could get along fine.

That being said, he's everything Haley is trying to keep Dwayne Bowe from being personality wise so you might be right. Now go get the rusty chainsaw, you know what to do with it!:evil:

There's always a catch, huh.

Deberg_1990
03-22-2011, 06:11 PM
I would not be opposed

DA_T_84
03-22-2011, 06:12 PM

This was 4 hours ago.

Ochocinco wonders why Marvin Lewis favors Carson Palmer
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 22, 2011, 3:31 PM EDT
ochocinco AP

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis is refraining from saying anything negative about quarterback Carson Palmer, who has said he’ll retire before he’ll play in Cincinnati again. But Lewis hasn’t refrained from saying anything negative about receiver Chad Ochocinco, most recently mocking Ochocinco for considering playing soccer during the lockout.

Some people are now wondering why Lewis seems to favor Palmer over Ochocinco. And one of those people is Ochocinco himself.

After Robert Littal of Black Sports Online chastised Lewis for publicly criticizing Ochocinco, Ochocinco himself wrote on Twitter that he agreed with Littal’s stance, re-tweeting two Black Sports Online tweets.

“Marvin Lewis won’t say anything bad about Carson Palmer, stays kissing his ass, but disses Ochocinco daily,” Ochocinco re-tweeted. “Carson Palmer has given a big F-U to Marvin Lewis, but Lewis steadily says how wonderful he is.Makes Lewis a #hypocrite.”

And the latest tiff between the two may make Ochocinco a former Bengal.

Bill Lundberg
03-22-2011, 06:12 PM

I think Haley and Keyshawn were pretty tight and Keyshawn managed to finally shut his mouth in his final 3 years in the league. I'd say Chad has about 3 years left and who knows, maybe he'll follow in his big cuz's footsteps.

salame
03-22-2011, 06:14 PM
I think he is a guy who you wouldn't have to worry about knowing the playbook or showing up to workouts out of shape. When he was happy in Cinci he wasn't a problem. He isn't exactly a low character guy he never has off field issues. I just don't know if we would A: Pay him enough or B: feel like taking a risk.

salame
03-22-2011, 06:15 PM
This was 4 hours ago.

see his coach HATES him

Bump
03-22-2011, 06:16 PM
I'd be fine with signing 85, in fact I might even JIMP.

DA_T_84
03-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have the talent and exposure. I just worry about whether it sets us back.

Deberg_1990
03-22-2011, 06:35 PM
. I just worry about whether it sets us back.

Sets what back? Theres nothing to set back at WR. After Bowe the cupboard is bare.

Baconeater
03-22-2011, 06:38 PM
I can't stand the guy, but he sure as hell would make this team more interesting just by being here.

kcfanXIII
03-22-2011, 06:39 PM
i'd be in favor of it. its not like the guy is TO or anything.

milkman
03-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Sets what back? Theres nothing to set back at WR. After Bowe the cupboard is bare.

This team, not just the receivers, had a chemistry that has been missing since Herman fucking Edwards was hired.

A player that distracts from that could very well screw up that chemistry.

CaliforniaChief
03-22-2011, 06:43 PM
I can't stand the guy, but he sure as hell would make this team more interesting just by being here.

And I'm pretty sure interesting isn't a word that Chiefs management is remotely interested in when it comes to personnel.

He does kick a pretty extra point, though.

ReynardMuldrake
03-22-2011, 06:44 PM
I don't like him, but he's starting to grow on me.

Sure-Oz
03-22-2011, 06:45 PM
He was at Oklahoma Joes earlier

-King-
03-22-2011, 06:48 PM
Talking about the try out

@SportingKC (http://twitter.com/SportingKC) extremely nervous about tomorrows trial but anxious to meet the players and compete against some of the worlds best #salute (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23salute)

Chocolate Hog
03-22-2011, 06:49 PM

I just can't overlook how improved Cincy's offense seemed to be when Ocho and TO weren't playing though. I think theres other options out there.

-King-
03-22-2011, 06:49 PM
The thing is...while he may be loud, he isn't close to being a trouble maker. The guy doesn't even drink alcohol.

Baconeater
03-22-2011, 06:52 PM
And I'm pretty sure interesting isn't a word that Chiefs management is remotely interested in when it comes to personnel.

He does kick a pretty extra point, though.
Yeah, I know, they seem content on having a team of "great guys" who will never win anything.

-King-
I just can't overlook how improved Cincy's offense seemed to be when Ocho and TO weren't playing though. I think theres other options out there.

The Bengals had one good game offensively without TO and 85.

milkman
The thing is...while he may be loud, he isn't close to being a trouble maker. The guy doesn't even drink alcohol.

A trouble maker isn't defined by anything he does off the field.

He's a loud mouth attention whore.

His antics distact from teh team concept.

-King-
03-22-2011, 06:54 PM

Eh I don't think so. The Bengals sucked because Carson Palmer sucks and their defense fell off a cliff, not because of Chad.

KCrockaholic
03-22-2011, 06:57 PM
He was at Oklahoma Joes earlier

fuckin kidding me??? I just got home from Oklahoma Joes!

Fruit Ninja
03-22-2011, 06:57 PM

lol, no shit. i dont even know what that dude is talking about. We signed a dude off the street for a PLAY OFF game and HE STARTED. You cant get any worse then that after your number 1.

Fruit Ninja
03-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Yeah, I know, they seem content on having a team of "great guys" who will never win anything.

From everythingi have see Chad seem seems like a great dude, he doesnt do drugs, he doesnt drink. He's just a little flamboyant i guess you can say. He's certainly not a cancer to any team.

salame
03-22-2011, 07:00 PM

Carson Palmer was AWFUL all year and I think if you watched any Cinci games or even read about them they were pretty content with using 85 as a decoy

Chocolate Hog
03-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Carson Palmer was AWFUL all year and I think if you watched any Cinci games or even read about them they were pretty content with using 85 as a decoy

Thanks for making my point. Carson Palmer improved with the 2 dumbasses didn't play.

KCBOSS1
03-22-2011, 07:03 PM
he's loud, but he's well liked throughout the league. He talks trash, but is a positive. I didn't like the way he complained about his team though, worse than Gonzales was when he was here.

milkman
03-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Eh I don't think so. The Bengals sucked because Carson Palmer sucks and their defense fell off a cliff, not because of Chad.

Chad was all for bringing TO in.

He was willing to take a back seat.

But as soon as he actually did have to take that back seat, he balked.

They sucked for the reasons you noted, and because their ground game took a step back from '09.

I am not placing the blame for the Bengals sorry season on Ochocinco, but there's no way that you can ever convince that a player like Ochocinco isn't a distraction.

I would suggest, however, the drama he created when he started balking at that back seat did nothing to help them dig themselves out of the hole they dug themselves in.

-King-
03-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Chad was all for bringing TO in.

He was willing to take a back seat.

But as soon as he actually did have to take that back seat, he balked.

They sucked for the reasons you noted, and because their ground game took a step back from '09.

I am not placing the blame for the Bengals sorry season on Ochocinco, but there's no way that you can ever convince that a player like Ochocinco isn't a distraction.

I would suggest, however, the drama he created when he started balking at that back seat did nothing to help them dig themselves out of the hole they dug themselves in.

You think he would ruin this team? Given good coaching, I dont think he would be a distraction.

Sure-Oz
03-22-2011, 07:07 PM
****in kidding me??? I just got home from Oklahoma Joes!

Yeah, im not sure when...im sure earlier this afternoon sporting kc posted a pic on twitter

DA_T_84
03-22-2011, 07:08 PM
You think he would ruin this team? Given good coaching, I dont think he would be a distraction.

old dog/new tricks

-King-
03-22-2011, 07:09 PM
fuckin kidding me??? I just got home from Oklahoma Joes!

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/706/scaledphptn0server616fi.jpg

milkman
03-22-2011, 07:11 PM

I think the potential exists.

It's possible that good coaching could have a positive effect.

It is also possible, and probably more likely, that good coaching, the kind that demands that players put team first, would have a negative affect.

Chocolate Hog
03-22-2011, 07:14 PM
I know 2 games is a small sample but Palmer threw 5 Td's 2 INT and complete over 70% of his passes without Ocho Cinco.

KCrockaholic
03-22-2011, 07:17 PM
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/706/scaledphptn0server616fi.jpg

Pretty awesome. But that looks like the original O.K. Joe's. I went to the Olathe one.

WV
03-22-2011, 07:23 PM
I like Ocho and what he tries to bring back to the league......The sense of humor that Goodell has sapped from the league.

I still don't understand how it's ok for Ray Lewis to jump up and act like he just slew Goliath after a routine tackle, but Ocho gets fined for some of his end zone celebrations. I don't agree with the ones that openly mock the opposing team ala Hines Ward, but most of Ocho's were harmless.

Deberg_1990
03-22-2011, 07:28 PM

Give me a break......its not like there have never been any Prima Donna WR's who have won a championship.

Okie_Apparition
03-22-2011, 07:28 PM
He is an attention whore, but I believe his heart is as golden as his grill. Not fake like Vick. He might sell an extra ticket or two & that has got to be on Pioli's mind. Haley went out of his way to go talk to him when they played KC, at least that's what the cameras showed. I don't know if there's much left in his tank, but if he draws Champ in should be okay. LOL

milkman
03-22-2011, 07:47 PM
Give me a break......its not like there have never been any Prima Donna WR's who have won a championship.

And not a one of them was a veteran that came to the team as they were building the core.

They were either part of the core group of youg players that grew together, or added to that team when they team had solidly built that team culture.

This team is still in the building phase, and a guy like Ochocinco could put a crack in the foundation.

Trevo_410
03-22-2011, 07:58 PM
The thing is IF he even comes back to football next year... what IF he goes real successfull in this new soccer player thing and wants to stay in soccer? not likely but i still think he is serious about this soccer thing. Which i would be fine with since my interest in soccer is getting better...

KcMizzou
03-22-2011, 08:00 PM
He is an attention whore, but I believe his heart is as golden as his grill. Not fake like Vick. He might sell an extra ticket or two & that has got to be on Pioli's mind. Haley went out of his way to go talk to him when they played KC, at least that's what the cameras showed. I don't know if there's much left in his tank, but if he draws Champ in should be okay. LOLSeems like a silly little thing, I know.. but I remember when we played them and Flowers got hurt. He was right there on one knee along with Haley and the Chiefs medical people. Then they had a twitter exchange after that went something like "Hope you're ok, man" and Flowers "I'm good. Great playing against you... makes me better." (That's very roughly paraphrased, of course.)

I've got zero problems with the guy.

KCrockaholic
03-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Seems like a silly little thing, I know.. but I remember when we played them and Flowers got hurt. He was right there on one knee along with Haley and the Chiefs medical people. Then they had a twitter exchange after that went something like "Hope you're ok, man" and Flowers "I'm good. Great playing against you... makes me better." (That's very roughly paraphrased, of course.)

I've got zero problems with the guy.

Remember even Chad and Todd had a nice little exchange on the field? Chad shook Haley's hand and so on.

salame
03-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Mike Vrabel wasn't very happy about coming here, talking about retirement. but now he is a "leader"

The Bad Guy
03-22-2011, 08:41 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have the talent and exposure. I just worry about whether it sets us back.

What are we setting back? A decade of winning?

KCrockaholic
03-22-2011, 08:45 PM
As a player, on paper he would be a huge upgrade. As a teammate? I don't know. But considering the characters we have on our team, I think Chad would fit very nicely.

KC Tattoo
03-22-2011, 08:50 PM
:shake: no thanks.

Bump
03-22-2011, 08:54 PM

Ask yourself what his teammates probably think of him before you make assclown comments like that.

CHENZ A!
03-22-2011, 08:56 PM
I'd take 85 on the Chiefs in a heartbeat. That guy has never been a locker room cancer. The people saying that he has are misinformed. The only thing he ever got in trouble for was doing silly stuff after scoring touchdowns, and those weren't even penalized during the games themselves. I don't get the negativity at all.

salame
03-22-2011, 09:00 PM
As a player, on paper he would be a huge upgrade. As a teammate? I don't know. But considering the characters we have on our team, I think Chad would fit very nicely.

See after watching Jamaal Charles and Bowe at the pro bowl practices I think these guys probably screw around a lot more than we think. You can't look at the way the hang out on the sidelines and tell me they all aren't buddies.

KCrockaholic
03-22-2011, 09:04 PM
I'd take 85 on the Chiefs in a heartbeat. That guy has never been a locker room cancer. The people saying that he has are misinformed. The only thing he ever got in trouble for was doing silly stuff after scoring touchdowns, and those weren't even penalized during the games themselves. I don't get the negativity at all.

He likes to have fun, and entertain, and he's a pretty good player as well (when he wants to be).

milkman
03-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Ask yourself what his teammates probably think of him before you make assclown comments like that.

You're naive idiot if you believe it when players tell you how much they like every other teammate.

In all the years I've followed sports, it's a rarity when one player has something negative to say abut a teammate.

Hell, to listen to the Chiefs talk a couple of years ago, LJ was a beloved and valuable member of the team.

The stories of of the clubhouse fights between A's players in Oakland in the early 70s was classic, but they all loved each other, according to them.

The comments directed at Albert Haynesworth by his teammates last year arethe exception, not the rule.

So, back to my original statement.

You're a naive idiot.

Bump
03-22-2011, 09:16 PM
You're naive idiot if you believe it when players tell you how much they like every other teammate.

In all the years I've followed sports, it's a rarity when one player has something negative to say abut a teammate.

Hell, to listen to the Chiefs talk a couple of years ago, LJ was a beloved and valuable member of the team.

The stories of of the clubhouse fights between A's players in Oakland in the early 70s was classic, but they all loved each other, according to them.

The comments directed at Albert Haynesworth by his teammates last year arethe exception, not the rule.

You're a naive idiot.

no ur

Shogun
03-22-2011, 09:17 PM
I'd take my favorite player in the NFL anyday for the Chiefs. BRING HIM IN FOR A FUCKING LOOK

milkman
03-22-2011, 09:21 PM

You're a naive idiot.

And hell, whether he's liked or not isn't even the issue.

When that player starts to question his role, when he starts to question the coahes, when he starts to question the direction the team is taking, he becomes a distraction.

milkman
03-22-2011, 09:21 PM
no ur

Great response.

Moving on.

KCrockaholic
03-22-2011, 09:24 PM
I'd take my favorite player in the NFL anyday for the Chiefs. BRING HIM IN FOR A ****ING LOOK

Favorite? What separates him from everybody else in your mind?

Shogun
03-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Favorite? What separates him from everybody else in your mind?

Hes great at his position
Hes hilarious
He cares about winning
He hates losing
Hes a good person who cares about his teammates

KCrockaholic
03-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Hes great at his position
Hes hilarious
He cares about winning
He hates losing
Hes a good person who cares about his teammates

Well there's a lot of those in the NFL. It's cool. I was just curious.

OnTheWarpath58
03-22-2011, 09:35 PM
This team, not just the receivers, had a chemistry that has been missing since Herman fucking Edwards was hired.

A player that distracts from that could very well screw up that chemistry.

Yay for chemistry.

17 years and counting...

Phobia
03-22-2011, 09:37 PM
I would probably buy my first jersey on purpose and beg for an autograph like a little girl.

CJ isn't a criminal. He isn't a distraction. He's not a problem. He's obnoxious and entertaining... my kind of guy.

KCrockaholic
03-22-2011, 09:37 PM
He's obnoxious and entertaining... my kind of guy.

Yep, that's you ;)

milkman
03-22-2011, 09:39 PM
Yay for chemistry.

17 years and counting...

I have not been happy with things that these Chiefs have done.

Hell, I haven't been happy with the Chiefs since Hank Stram.

However, the one thing I do like about what these Chiefs have done is placing an emphasis on "team".

I even liked that about Marty when he came aboard, even though I hated everything else about Marty.

luv
03-22-2011, 09:40 PM
He's a showboat, but a good one. I actually like him better than Bowe.

KCrockaholic
03-22-2011, 09:42 PM

However, the one thing I do like about what these Chiefs have done is placing an emphasis on "team".

I even liked that about Marty when he came aboard, even though I hated everything else about Marty.

Dude, bringing in Chad would not be as bad of an idea as you think. He's not a total loser. T.O. is a cancer. Chad isn't at that level, even though they are good friends.

Shogun
03-22-2011, 09:42 PM
In before the BOWECHO SHOW!

fuck yeah

milkman
03-22-2011, 09:45 PM
Dude, bringing in Chad would not be as bad of an idea as you think. He's not a total loser. T.O. is a cancer. Chad isn't at that level, even though they are good friends.

Heard that song and dance before.

-King-
03-22-2011, 09:45 PM
And plus, with him in KC, 50 people would get free food/movie every week.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, Chad treats his followers (however many show up to a restaurant/movie theater) to free food or movie almost every week during the season.

luv
03-22-2011, 09:46 PM
Didn't I read somewhere where he was changing his name back?

milkman
03-22-2011, 09:46 PM
Didn't I read somewhere where he was changing his name back?

Yes you did, but I don't think he's done it yet.

salame
03-22-2011, 09:48 PM
He decided not to change it back yet

-King-
03-22-2011, 09:49 PM
Chad Ochocinco Bought 85 People Free Dinner at XO

Posted by Vince Grzegorek (http://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/ArticleArchives?author=1393681) on Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 11:57 AM

http://www.clevescene.com/images/blogimages/2010/10/04/1286207135-chad-ochocinco.jpg

Chad at XO last night.

Browns fans may have booed Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco yesterday afternoon, but there were more than a few Clevelanders lined up Saturday night at XO when Chad tweeted that 85 people would enjoy free dinner on his dime. (http://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco/status/26203440718)
Ocho's one of those guys it's hard not to love, especially when the filets are on his credit card and he gathers everyone in prayer at the back of the fancy steakhouse and says, "Dear God, we look good."
One lucky diner wrote about the experience for NewsNet5. (http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/cleveland_metro/chad-ochocinco-buys-my-meal) Here's what he had to say.
As soon as he walked in the door, fans mobbed Ochocinco with photo and autograph requests, but he had no problem with it. He welcomed the attention and struck up conversation with the fans as cameras flashed in his face. He walked through the restaurant and thanked everybody for coming, and then brought the group together for a prayer. It was tough to hear him during the prayer, but the part that stuck out is when he said, “Dear God, we look good.”
He joined a family during the meal, and occasionally made his rounds through the restaurant to joke around with the fans, take pictures and shake hands. Despite the mob scene, he made sure to personally greet every person in the restaurant.
The pricetag for Ocho? At about $40 a person for food, plus liquor on top, No. 85 was probably looking at a tab of around $10,000..

OnTheWarpath58
03-22-2011, 09:50 PM

The "team" concept is great, but you need some talent to go along with it.

You know as well as I do that if we try to fill the roster with 52 Boy Scouts and Shaun Smith, we're going nowhere.

You have to be willing to take a chance with talented players.

Sure worked out for Andy Reid. Dude has two potential franchise QB's because he was willing to take a chance.

Belichick taking a chance on Randy Moss got them 18 wins and 4 points shy of another Lombardi Trophy.

Charles Woodson was far from a team player, and flat out told the Packers he didn't want to play there. They stayed persistent, took a chance, and it has worked out for them.

I'm not saying we go after every talented malcontent in the league.

But we can't avoid them all, either. Unless the plan is to never win anything more than a division title.

Chocolate Hog
03-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Ocho stats in 2 playoff games: 2 catches for 28 yards. 0 tds, 4 catches 59 yards 0 touchdowns.

For a guy who fucks around a lot he doesn't really bring shit in big games.

-King-
03-22-2011, 09:52 PM
Ocho stats in 2 playoff games: 2 catches for 28 yards. 0 tds, 4 catches 59 yards 0 touchdowns.

<table class="sortable stats_table" id="stats_playoffs"><thead><tr class=""><th class="ranker sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting" align="center">Rk</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="left">Year</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="right">G#</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="center">Date</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="center">Age</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting" align="left">Tm</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="center">
</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="center">Opp</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="left">Result</th> <th class="tooltip" align="center">Rec</th> <th class="tooltip" align="center">Yds</th> <th class="tooltip hide_non_quals" align="center">Y/R</th> <th class="tooltip" align="center">TD</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr data-row="0" class=""> <td align="right">1</td> <td align="left">2005</td> <td align="right">17</td> <td align="left">2006-01-08 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200601080cin.htm)</td> <td align="right">27-364</td> <td align="left">CIN (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2005.htm)</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="left">PIT (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2005.htm)</td> <td align="left">L 17-31</td> <td align="right">4</td> <td align="right">59</td> <td align="right">14.75</td> <td align="right">0</td> </tr> <tr data-row="1" class="thead"> <th colspan="9" class="tooltip over_header" align="CENTER">
</th> <th colspan="4" class="bold_text over_header" align="center">Receiving</th> </tr> <tr data-row="2" class="thead"> <th class="ranker sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting" align="center">Rk</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="left">Year</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="right">G#</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="center">Date</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="center">Age</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting" align="left">Tm</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="center">
</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="center">Opp</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="left">Result</th> <th class="tooltip" align="center">Rec</th> <th class="tooltip" align="center">Yds</th> <th class="tooltip hide_non_quals" align="center">Y/R</th> <th class="tooltip" align="center">TD</th> </tr> <tr data-row="3" class=""> <td align="right">2</td> <td align="left">2009</td> <td align="right">17</td> <td align="left">2010-01-09 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201001090cin.htm)</td> <td align="right">32-000</td> <td align="left">CIN (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2009.htm)</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="left">NYJ (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/2009.htm)</td> <td align="left">L 14-24</td> <td align="right">2</td> <td align="right">28</td> <td align="right">14.00</td> <td align="right">0</td> </tr> </tbody> <tfoot> <tr data-row="4" class="stat_total"> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="left">
</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="left">2 Games</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="left">
</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="left">
</td> <td align="left">
</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">87</td> <td align="right">14.50</td> <td align="right">0</td></tr></tfoot></table>

KCrockaholic
40 bucks a person for food??? WTF? What kind of restaurant was that? Awesome gesture anyways.

Shogun
I REALLY hope that he gets a spot on Sporting KC that way I can come see him play

Chocolate Hog
03-22-2011, 09:53 PM
He was also the guy who got into a fight with a coach during a playoff game. It's obvious when the tough gets going Chad gets going as well.

OnTheWarpath58

Not really sure what you expect, considering his QB has had Cassel-like playoff performances.

Chocolate Hog
<table class="sortable stats_table" id="stats_playoffs"><thead><tr class=""><th class="ranker sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting" align="center">Rk</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="left">Year</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="right">G#</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="center">Date</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="center">Age</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting" align="left">Tm</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="center">
</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="center">Opp</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="left">Result</th> <th class="tooltip" align="center">Rec</th> <th class="tooltip" align="center">Yds</th> <th class="tooltip hide_non_quals" align="center">Y/R</th> <th class="tooltip" align="center">TD</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr data-row="0" class=""> <td align="right">1</td> <td align="left">2005</td> <td align="right">17</td> <td align="left">2006-01-08 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200601080cin.htm)</td> <td align="right">27-364</td> <td align="left">CIN (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2005.htm)</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="left">PIT (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2005.htm)</td> <td align="left">L 17-31</td> <td align="right">4</td> <td align="right">59</td> <td align="right">14.75</td> <td align="right">0</td> </tr> <tr data-row="1" class="thead"> <th colspan="9" class="tooltip over_header" align="CENTER">
</th> <th colspan="4" class="bold_text over_header" align="center">Receiving</th> </tr> <tr data-row="2" class="thead"> <th class="ranker sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting" align="center">Rk</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="left">Year</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="right">G#</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="center">Date</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="center">Age</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc show_partial_when_sorting" align="left">Tm</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="center">
</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="center">Opp</th> <th class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align="left">Result</th> <th class="tooltip" align="center">Rec</th> <th class="tooltip" align="center">Yds</th> <th class="tooltip hide_non_quals" align="center">Y/R</th> <th class="tooltip" align="center">TD</th> </tr> <tr data-row="3" class=""> <td align="right">2</td> <td align="left">2009</td> <td align="right">17</td> <td align="left">2010-01-09 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201001090cin.htm)</td> <td align="right">32-000</td> <td align="left">CIN (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2009.htm)</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="left">NYJ (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/2009.htm)</td> <td align="left">L 14-24</td> <td align="right">2</td> <td align="right">28</td> <td align="right">14.00</td> <td align="right">0</td> </tr> </tbody> <tfoot> <tr data-row="4" class="stat_total"> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="left">
</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="left">2 Games</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="left">
</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="left">
</td> <td align="left">
</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">87</td> <td align="right">14.50</td> <td align="right">0</td></tr></tfoot></table>

Explosive playmaker well worth any possible distractions.

-King-
03-22-2011, 09:54 PM
Not really sure what you expect, considering his QB has had Cassel-like playoff performances.

And in the first one, Carson was knocked out for the game

milkman
03-22-2011, 09:55 PM
The "team" concept is great, but you need some talent to go along with it.

You know as well as I do that if we try to fill the roster with 52 Boy Scouts and Shaun Smith, we're going nowhere.

You have to be willing to take a chance with talented players.

Sure worked out for Andy Reid. Dude has two potential franchise QB's because he was willing to take a chance.

Belichick taking a chance on Randy Moss got them 18 wins and 4 points shy of another Lombardi Trophy.

Charles Woodson was far from a team player, and flat out told the Packers he didn't want to play there. They stayed persistent, took a chance, and it has worked out for them.

I'm not saying we go after every talented malcontent in the league.

But we can't avoid them all, either. Not if we ever plan on winning anything more than a division title.

And I'm not saying I don't ever want to bring in that type of player.

But I don't want to bring in that type of player in the middle of the process.

Draft that type and he grows with the process, or bring 'em in when the team has a solid core, a group that has fully bought in and had some success, that won't be distracted by his type.

This is a young team just at the start of the process.

I just don't believe that kind of player is condusive to that process.

Chocolate Hog
03-22-2011, 09:55 PM

Theres much better options out there than a guy going into his 12th season whos came up short in big games is my point. We could get better talent thats not such a pain in the ass.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-22-2011, 09:56 PM
He's fast approaching brokedick status. No.

-King-
03-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Explosive playmaker well worth any possible distractions.

Jerry rice had damn near the same stats his first two playoff games.

OnTheWarpath58
And I'm not saying I don't ever want to bring in that type of player.

But I don't want to bring in that type of player in the middle of the process.

Draft that type and he grows with the process, or bring 'em in when the team has a solid core, a group that has fully bought in and had some success, that won't be distracted by his type.

This is a young team just at the start of the process.

I just don't believe that kind of player is condusive to that process.

Guess we're adding another 5 years to Pioli's first "5 year plan."

KCrockaholic
Theres much better options out there than a guy going into his 12th season whos came up short in big games is my point. We could get better talent thats not such a pain in the ass.

11th season. Just sayin.

DBOSHO
03-22-2011, 09:58 PM
Name a player besides bowe he isnt an upgrade from.

milkman
03-22-2011, 10:00 PM

I don't like the choices that Pioli has made, but I do like the culture that Haley is building.

Shogun
03-22-2011, 10:02 PM
I would almost gaurentee he gets a roster spot on Sporting KC just to draw attention to the brand

OnTheWarpath58
03-22-2011, 10:02 PM

I'm not advocating Ocho, per se.

Just making the point that this team is never going to win anything of substance with the current "plan" of building a roster short on talent but high on character.

You need both, and right now, we're woefully lacking talent at a key position, considering who our QB is.

OnTheWarpath58
03-22-2011, 10:04 PM
I don't like the choices that Pioli has made, but I do like the culture that Haley is building.

And I like winning playoff games. And ultimately, Lombardi Trophies.

Chocolate Hog

Well he's already won a the AFC West in 2 years not too shabby. Ocho isn't the only option out there and that Pioli hasn't tried. He brought in Chambers that worked for half a year and tried to trade for Boldin. It's apparent to me that if theres a player he likes he'll make a move for i'm confident we'll have a legit WR opposite Bowe next year.

milkman
I'm not advocating Ocho, per se.

Just making the point that this team is never going to win anything of substance with the current "plan" of building a roster short on talent but high on character.

You need both, and right now, we're woefully lacking talent at a key position, considering who our QB is.

Whose advocating that plan?

I want talent.

If you ask me would I take Sidney Rice, my answer is hell yeah.

KCrockaholic
I would almost gaurentee he gets a roster spot on Sporting KC just to draw attention to the brand

mhm.

KcMizzou
03-22-2011, 10:05 PM
Name a WR besides bowe he isnt an upgrade from.FYP Seriously, for once.

Chocolate Hog
03-22-2011, 10:06 PM
This was discussed in the draft fourm a little while ago but I think the perfect option if the price is right is Steve Smith of the Giants.

-King-
03-22-2011, 10:07 PM
In the end, I'd rather us trade for Fitzgerald.

milkman
03-22-2011, 10:08 PM
And I like winning playoff games. And ultimately, Lombardi Trophies.

And I believe that teams that build on the type of foundation that is being built here win championships, and in some cases multiple championships.

In fact, I would argue that the dynasties were built that way, with the possible exception of the Boys of the 90s, though Irvin was drafted by the Boys, which meets my criteria of bringing in that type of player early in his career and allowing to grow with the process,

OnTheWarpath58
03-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Are you guys shitting me?

I know I haven't been around much lately, but you guys can't possibly think that Pioli would go after Rice or Smith.

We're talking about a guy that has targeted guys like Lance Long, Bobby Engram, Amani Toomer, Chris Chambers and Jerheme Urban, FFS.

Thank God Bowe was already here.

Chocolate Hog
03-22-2011, 10:11 PM
And I believe that teams that build on the type of foundation that is being built here win championships, and in some cases multiple championships.

In fact, I would argue that the dynasties were built that way, with the possible exception of the Boys of the 90s, though Irvin was drafted by the Boys, which meets my criteria of bringing in that type of player early in his career and allowing to grow with the process,

Except that the QB position is a disaster and I was a pretty staunch Cassel supporter but lets be realistic the guy doesn't have what it takes to win it all.

milkman
03-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Are you guys shitting me?

I know I haven't been around much lately, but you guys can't possibly think that Pioli would go after Rice or Smith.

We're talking about a guy that has targeted guys like Lance Long, Bobby Engram, Amani Toomer, Chris Chambers and Jerheme Urban, FFS.

Thank God Bowe was already here.

I'm not debating whether Pioli would go after those guys.

I am simply debating the merit of bringing in a charcter like 85.

milkman
03-22-2011, 10:14 PM
Except that the QB position is a disaster and I was a pretty staunch Cassel supporter but lets be realistic the guy doesn't have what it takes to win it all.

That's the shit in the punchbowl, ain't it?

OnTheWarpath58
03-22-2011, 10:16 PM

Grow with the process?

The Cowboys?

Lets see...

Irvin running coke and whores, stabbing teammates in the neck with barber's shears, etc.

Charles Haley whipping out his dick and beating off in meetings.

Guys doing enough coke to kill a horse.

Jimmy and Jerry undermining each other.

That's just the tip of the iceberg.

That "foundation" was built on pure talent.

salame
03-22-2011, 10:20 PM
I thought Sidney Rice was part of a credit card scam recently?

Phobia
03-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Grow with the process?

The Cowboys?

Lets see...

Irvin running coke and whores, stabbing teammates in the neck with barber's shears, etc.

Wasn't Nate Newton a giant drug runner too? Didn't he get busted with tons of drugs in Louisianna more than once?

milkman
03-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Grow with the process?

The Cowboys?

Lets see...

I didn't say it was perfect.

I said they way they built that team fit what I believe works.

Bringing in young talent that buys into the game plan, then bringing in talent that helped them reach higher levels after the core was in place and they had a taste of sucess.

OnTheWarpath58
03-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Wasn't Nate Newton a giant drug runner too? Didn't he get busted with tons of drugs in Louisianna more than once?

Yep.

Hell, that team was a goddamn trainwreck internally.

They got by on pure talent.

Read Boys Will Be Boys by Jeff Pearlman.

The Cowboys version of "the right 53" just happened to be "the most talented 53." They didn't have character, they were characters.

Knowing that the wives and family members would not arrive in Tempe until the Thursday or Friday before the big game, several Cowboys—ranging from Emmitt Smith and Charles Haley to Erik Williams and Nate Newton—paid for a fleet of 11 white stretches from the First Impression Limousine Service to drive 16 hours and 1,000 miles from Dallas to Tempe, many with their special skank, uh, female friends along for the ride. The price: $1,000 per night per limo (Far from objecting, Jerry Jones brought along his own party vehicle, the six-bed tour bus that once belonged to Whitney Houston). By the time the Cowboys arrived for check-in at The Buttes, the team's first-class, $285-per-night hotel, on the Sunday before the game, the lobby was filled with tacky high heels and legs that stretched from Minneapolis to Mahopac.

"The limo thing was as blatant as anything the Cowboys had ever been a part of," says one team employee. "We had this huge caravan arrive from Dallas, and some guys had a bunch of their dancer girlfriends ride out and party with them. They brought the White House (their Dallas-area whorehouse/drug house) to Arizona."

Irvin enthusiastically endorsed the port-a-skank concept and, in fact, rented his own 10-passenger, 30-foot monstrosity customized with a black leather-and-brushed crome interior (and equipped with a bounty of Absolut Vodka and hip-hop CDs). What baffled some about Irvin's ways was that his wife Sandy was intelligent, loving, an excellent mother to the couple's two daughters—and drop-dead gorgeous. "She's the most beautiful black woman I've ever seen with my eyes," says Kenny Gant, the former Cowboy defensive back. "I've loved her to death since the first time I met her." Yet Irvin—who sported a large gold cross around his neck—never thought twice about professing his devotion toward his family one minute, then jumping into the hot-tub with two coked-up strippers the next. Why, on the evening before the Cowboys departed for Tempe, Irvin had partied with a pair of prostitutes at the Irving Residence Inn.

Chocolate Hog
03-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Those 90's Cowboys sound like a team I want to party with. It's a little different these days with the cap and all though.

OnTheWarpath58
03-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Those 90's Cowboys sound like a team I want to party with. It's a little different these days with the cap and all though.

Seriously, dude. Read that book. It's entertaining as hell.

mcaj22
03-22-2011, 11:03 PM
I think it's regardless if he is a sour grape when the billion dollar franchise he plays for sucks and implodes, and he plays the blame game because the team he plays for is a pile of shit. The dude just wants to win. If he wasnt on such a garbage team, I think he would be having fun. The years or times the Bengals win, he's not that bad in terms of speaking during the season.

As a player off the field in regards to fans in a public setting, he has to be one of the top that interacts with the lesser fan base. He could be a dickhead to fans like every other player with an ego in the league... but he isn't. There are plenty of stories of him buying people dinner or just hanging out with common folk; regardless if he shits his pants when his team goes 3-13 on the year.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EDLGkgQVhyw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ultra Peanut
03-23-2011, 04:40 AM
Yes, please!

He's not wrong about Carson Palmer, and he's not wrong about Marv Lewis, so honestly, it's hard to assail him for that particular nugget. That team's screwed no matter what he says about it.

The Bad Guy
03-23-2011, 04:47 AM
Yep.

Hell, that team was a goddamn trainwreck internally.

They got by on pure talent.

Read Boys Will Be Boys by Jeff Pearlman.

The Cowboys version of "the right 53" just happened to be "the most talented 53." They didn't have character, they were characters.

While I agree with most of your premise, teams like that today don't exist in this NFL. That team had about 6 HOF players on it and another 10 that were really fucking good.

Frosty
03-23-2011, 12:27 PM
I'm a big fan of CJ, for obvious reasons, and would have loved to have him on the Chiefs. However, I'm thinking that ship has sailed. He's rapidly approaching that age that WR's seem to fall off a cliff, skills-wise.