PDA

View Full Version : MU Help settle a disagreement for me

Nzoner
03-23-2011, 08:50 AM
So we're at the bar last weekend during the NCAA games(myself and 3 friends) and I make the comment,"I hope there's a Northern Iowa in this year's tournament."

So we have 4 guys all who claim to be Mizzou fans but my comment splits the table at 2 & 2...2 who believe that no matter what if you're a diehard Mizzou fan then KU can suck it no matter what and 2 who believe that if your team is out then you cheer for the conference.

Of course I believe you cheer for MU and anyone who is playing KU as I do with the Chiefs and anyone who is playing the Broncos or Raiders.

Since I'm not fortunate enough to remember the Chiefs winning the Superbowl I can only describe my feelings watching Oakland getting thumped in the SB by Tampa and watching KU lose to the the likes of NI as pure elation and much like I'd think my team winning it all would feel.

So where do you stand on the issue,are you a oh well at least the conference/division is being represented or do you truly bleed your team's colors and the demise of your most hated rivals is pure ecstasy?

Old Dog
03-23-2011, 08:53 AM
I will support the conference, but I'm doubtful that is the opinion of the majority here.

Graystoke
03-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Being from Cedar Falls I wish Northern Iowa was in too...

Nzoner
03-23-2011, 08:54 AM
I will support the conference, but I'm doubtful that is the opinion of the majority here.

I appreciate the honesty and will admit I had no problem cheering for K-State or Texas but my "most hated rival" no way.

Reaper16
03-23-2011, 08:55 AM
I've never hated KU. I don't really hope they go around losing. Will I laugh if some team upsets them? Yeah. But I'm not actively in favor of it happening.

Predarat
03-23-2011, 08:56 AM
I typicially support the conference, though I am in SEC country, they usually do that unless they totally hate thier rival. Its easy to see both sides.

blaise
03-23-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm not a KU or Mizzou fan. I grew up a Syracuse fan. Once Syracuse is out I root for the Big East, except for Georgetown. I won't root for Georgetown.

LiveSteam
03-23-2011, 08:59 AM
The best thing about football this last year was watching Texas SUCK!
The worst thing about football this last year was watching Texas win in Lincoln.
I can never root for them or Norte Lame. I would rather die

Spott
03-23-2011, 08:59 AM
I never understood the whole rooting for your conference thing. I would never root for Oakland or Denver to win the Super Bowl. It's not like your rivals winning makes your team look better and they damn sure aren't going to share the trophy with you.

mlyonsd
03-23-2011, 09:03 AM
For me, in the college level I can root for another team in the conference my favorite team is from. That doesn't mean I will, I almost always root against Ohio State.

NFL, I never, ever root for a division rival unless they're playing another division rival.

OmahaChief
03-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Plain and simple. I will never wish that KU wins anything.

trndobrd
03-23-2011, 09:05 AM
As a Jayhawk, I generally support Big 12 conference teams during the NCAA tournament, even our shoeless cousins to the east.

POND_OF_RED
03-23-2011, 09:06 AM
I root for the conference but still hope for genocide in Lawrence, Denver, Oakland, and St Louis.

King_Chief_Fan
03-23-2011, 09:07 AM
There is no need to cheer for a rival of your favorite teams.........EVER

chopper
03-23-2011, 09:07 AM
I root for the conference with the exception of KU. Never under any circumstances is it ok to root for them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saulbadguy
03-23-2011, 09:10 AM
Don't really care about how rival teams do. If they win, it validates how tough the conference is. If they lose, it validates how bad the conference is. Neither of those really have an effect on how I view my own team, though.

Now, I do enjoy when rival fans have to deal with losing.

Dartgod
03-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Go Spiders!

Fuck KU.
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
03-23-2011, 09:12 AM
I cheer for the Big Ten but then Iowa's most hated rival is Iowa State and of course they're not in-conference so it's a little difference. I can see both sides.

noa
03-23-2011, 09:14 AM
I'm a KU fan, but when they're out of the picture, I'll root for MU or KState. Anyone else in the conference, though, and I don't really care enough to root for them. In the NFL, I will always root against the Broncos or Raiders, but I don't root against the Chargers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
03-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Mizzou's obvious rival is the final 4. They hate that shit.

Old Dog
03-23-2011, 09:16 AM
I never understood the whole rooting for your conference thing. I would never root for Oakland or Denver to win the Super Bowl. It's not like your rivals winning makes your team look better and they damn sure aren't going to share the trophy with you.

I respectfully disagree with the theory behind this. I think it's fair to say that most recruits would rather play in a power conference. If that conference does better, be it in bowl games or the NCAA tournament it sheds a better light on the conference and that could be what swings a recruit to one school over another.
For example look at the SEC in football. how many kids will go to a bottom feeder in the SEC rather than somewhere else because they will gain the exposure there. Same with the Big east/ACC in basketball.

I agree with the Oakland/denver reference though. The ONLY time to cheer for them is when it could help the Chiefs. When Denver plays Oakland, I generally cheer for a plane crash.

Bambi
03-23-2011, 09:17 AM
I'm perfectly happy with the way things are.

rockymtnchief
03-23-2011, 09:22 AM
I cheer for the Big Ten but then Iowa's most hated rival is Iowa State and of course they're not in-conference so it's a little difference. I can see both sides.

I cheer for Michigan first, the Big Ten second, but never Ohio State.

kepp
03-23-2011, 09:23 AM
I won't root for ku...in fact, I can't. I go into a game like that thinking, "It would be good for the conference to get a win", but I inevitably start rooting against them. The rest of the conference I can manage to root for in neutral settings.

chopper
03-23-2011, 09:26 AM
I respectfully disagree with the theory behind this. I think it's fair to say that most recruits would rather play in a power conference. If that conference does better, be it in bowl games or the NCAA tournament it sheds a better light on the conference and that could be what swings a recruit to one school over another.
For example look at the SEC in football. how many kids will go to a bottom feeder in the SEC rather than somewhere else because they will gain the exposure there. Same with the Big east/ACC in basketball.

I agree with the Oakland/denver reference though. The ONLY time to cheer for them is when it could help the Chiefs. When Denver plays Oakland, I generally cheer for a plane crash.

What's good for the conference is good for my team, unless its KU. I admit I took pleasure in the Neb losses in the title game and their bowl, but that was only because the pounding we took in Lincoln. NFL is different though for me, agree with the Den/Oak take, don't usually cheer against the Chargers though, just cheer against Rivers.
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu
03-23-2011, 09:27 AM
I'm not a KU or Mizzou fan. I grew up a Syracuse fan. Once Syracuse is out I root for the Big East, except for Georgetown. I won't root for Georgetown.

That's how I am, by analogy. I root for Mizzou (I've been a fan since childhood). Once Mizzou is out, I root for Texas (I went to grad school there). Once Texas is out, I root for the Big 12, except for KU. I won't root for KU.

ClevelandBronco
03-23-2011, 09:27 AM
I absolutely hate in-conference rival teams in college. Ohio State can succumb to the black death AFAIC.

Don't care much when it comes to the pros.

Mr. Laz
03-23-2011, 09:55 AM
KU first
Big 8 second
Big 12 third

but i don't want anyone in the conference to win a NC besides KU ... limited success is ok but i sure as hell don't want MU having a NC to brag about. I would root for KSU more if some of their fans weren't such douchenozzles.

Dartgod
03-23-2011, 09:58 AM
...i sure as hell don't want MU having a NC to brag about.
I don't think you have anything to fear.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
03-23-2011, 10:00 AM
I don't cheer for the conference. If my team isn't in it.....I'll pick a team that I'd rather follow.

BigMeatballDave
03-23-2011, 10:04 AM
KU first
Big 8 second
Big 12 third

but i don't want anyone in the conference to win a NC besides KU ... limited success is ok but i sure as hell don't want MU having a NC to brag about. I would root for KSU more if some of their fans weren't such douchenozzles, like me.fyp

:)

Archie Bunker
03-23-2011, 10:04 AM
I never want to see my rivals do well. **** the conference, divisions, or whatever else.

RockChalk
03-23-2011, 10:05 AM
I won't root for MU, but I don't cheer against them either. I wanted them to beat Cincy the other day actually.

Also, I don't get any "elation" by them losing. Always get a kick out of people who get as big a thrill when KU loses as they do when their own team wins.

I will cheer for NU football to lose though. They are my one exception. And that's only because Pelini is so much of a douche that I like to see him suffer.

Bearcat
03-23-2011, 10:09 AM
watching KU lose to the the likes of NI as pure elation and much like I'd think my team winning it all would feel.

LMAO

I don't get the whole 'root for your conference' thing... there are times I've done it, like when KSU played Wisconsin last weekend, but it's not like a rule... I've never rooted for the Broncos or Raiders.

As far as MU, what they do outside of playing KU just isn't a huge deal to me. I have no reason to root for them, but I don't make it a point to watch them and root against them. After all the MU/Iowa bowl talk, I caught about 3 minutes of the game, laughed in disbelief when they lost, and moved on. When they've lost during March Madness the past few years, I've probably caught parts of games, but didn't really care. If MU won a few BCS games or whatever, I might change my attitude. :shrug:

FishingRod
03-23-2011, 10:15 AM
I’m a KU fan married to an MU fan so to keep the peace we agreed not to root against the other team except when they are playing one another. I’ve always kinda looked at them like my slightly slow little brother. It is ok from me to pick on him but, no one else can. Nothing would make me happier than for KU top beat MU twice in the regular season, then in the Big 12 tournament and then for the national championship. That would be perfect. I really do want MU to be a better team because it is good for the conference and a better level of completion makes my team better prepared for the NCAA tournament. So when other teams in our conference put the beat down on other teams it reflects well on our conference. I do struggle in trying to pull for Texas. I mean there is just so much a person can do.

patteeu
03-23-2011, 10:17 AM
I hope that you've been able to discern a definitive answer from this thread to help you settle your disagreement, nzoner. LOL

Brock
03-23-2011, 10:35 AM
I definitely pull for K State and Wichita State unless they're playing KU. I don't give a crap about the Big 12 conference.

gblowfish
03-23-2011, 10:40 AM
I am a Mizzou Grad. My dad was a lifelong Mizzou fan and told me when I was accepted by Missouri it was the happiest day of his life.

My wife is a K-State Grad. I will root for K-State except when they play Mizzou, which is one football game a year, and at least 2 basketball games per year.

I will not root for KU ever. In anything, against anybody.

If the Taliban had a basketball team and knocked KU out of the tournament, I'd go out, get a carpet and bow towards Mecca...and buy their T-Shirt.

Any Missouri true son would never, EVER root for KU under any circumstances.
And would expect the same from any KU fan never rooting for Mizzou, ever.

That's what rivalry is.

GO RICHMOND!!!

Mr. Arrowhead
03-23-2011, 10:48 AM
As a Shocker fan I usually root for the Valley outside the conference, although I find it hard to root for creighton.

Saulbadguy
03-23-2011, 10:49 AM
As a Shocker fan I usually root for the Valley outside the conference, although I find it hard to root for creighton.

All the Mid-Major conferences like to band together during this time of year and root for each other, it's kind of cute.

Stewie
03-23-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm a KU grad. As far as rival teams winning or losing I don't really care. Our rivals have never really won anything that matters, so other things are more important. Now, I completely understand an intense rivalry like UNC and Duke or Michigan and Ohio State. They all have won on a National level and the smack talk can be backed up.

jbwm89
03-23-2011, 11:04 AM
I am a Mizzou Grad. My dad was a lifelong Mizzou fan and told me when I was accepted by Missouri it was the happiest day of his life.

My wife is a K-State Grad. I will root for K-State except when they play Mizzou, which is one football game a year, and at least 2 basketball games per year.

I will not root for KU ever. In anything, against anybody.

If the Taliban had a basketball team and knocked KU out of the tournament, I'd go out, get a carpet and bow towards Mecca...and buy their T-Shirt.

Any Missouri true son would never, EVER root for KU under any circumstances.
And would expect the same from any KU fan never rooting for Mizzou, ever.

That's what rivalry is.

GO RICHMOND!!!

Agreed, I can't stand anything that has to do with KU. The reason true mu fans with ties to the school hate ku so much is because so many ku fans have absolutely no ties to the school and no real reason to be fans besides they win. I will never apologize for wanting ku to lose.

Brock
03-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Agreed, I can't stand anything that has to do with KU. The reason true mu fans with ties to the school hate ku so much is because so many ku fans have absolutely no ties to the school and no real reason to be fans besides they win. I will never apologize for wanting ku to lose.

Oh, bullshit. There are tons of posters here who are rabid MU fans who have never set foot on MU's campus.

teedubya
03-23-2011, 11:06 AM
KU can lose at any time, now. Sweet 16, isn't a choke. Its something that most programs have once every blue moon.

SDSU has never had a Sweet 16, if I recall.

And this goes to show, that most MU fans would rather see a KU loss than an MU win.

teedubya
03-23-2011, 11:08 AM

Hah. This is rich. NZONER didn't even go to MU. Most KU fans that I know actually went to the school, like I did. Most of the MU fans that I know went to CMSU or SMSU... or no school at all.

Rausch
03-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Oh, bullshit. There are tons of posters here who are rabid MU fans who have never set foot on MU's campus.

MOST MU fans haven't set foot on the campus...

teedubya
03-23-2011, 11:15 AM
I understand though... I HATED seeing the Broncos win the superbowl in 1997 & 1998... pissed me off.

Seeing KU dominate in basketball year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year would have to get old for an MU fan.

loochy
03-23-2011, 11:34 AM

But it does. If you lose to that team next year, you can use the excuse of "well we lost, but they are the champions and they are supposed to win." If you beat them, then you just BEAT THE DEFENDING CHAMPIONS! ZOMG!

Dartgod
03-23-2011, 11:38 AM
And this goes to show, that most MU fans would rather see a KU loss than an MU win.
This is why I want to see KU fall flat on their face.

Because of dumbfuck fans like Ari who believe this nonsense.

Kyle DeLexus
03-23-2011, 11:40 AM
I'm neutral on rival teams in the tourney, I don't pull one way or the other for MU and K-state. However, I do root for the rest of the conference as long as they aren't playing KU. Every Big 12 win brings more money to my school to better our athletic programs.

Fritz88
03-23-2011, 11:50 AM
Big 12. But I am pretty sure that MU and Kstate wont do much.
Posted via Mobile Device

Earthling
03-23-2011, 11:50 AM
KU all the way. For many teams having a win against KU is kinda like winning something HUGE. With Colorado, Missouri, and Nebraska all leaving the conference I 'might' be able to root for one of them as well...after a few years.;)

Dartgod
03-23-2011, 11:57 AM
KU all the way. For many teams having a win against KU is kinda like winning something HUGE. With Colorado, Missouri, and Nebraska all leaving the conference I 'might' be able to root for one of them as well...after a few years.;)
Another dumbass chimes in.

Earthling
03-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Another dumbass chimes in.

And yet another dumb-ass points it out..

Bweb
03-23-2011, 12:01 PM
I grew up in Kansas and was/am a K-state fan. I now live in Oklahoma and have added Oklahoma State to the list of teams I will cheer for. Generally, I will watch other Big 12 teams...but will always, always cheer AGAINST KU! :evil:

teedubya
03-23-2011, 12:02 PM

Because of dumb**** fans like Ari who believe this nonsense.

You mean like what Joe posted?

"I can only describe my feelings watching Oakland getting thumped in the SB by Tampa and watching KU lose to the the likes of NI as pure elation and much like I'd think my team winning it all would feel."

Dartgod
03-23-2011, 12:03 PM
And yet another dumb-ass points it out..
To be fair, I wasn't the one claiming that Missouri was leaving the Big 12.
Posted via Mobile Device

Earthling
03-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats true...I accept that as being dumb-ass of me. :thumb:

Dartgod
03-23-2011, 12:06 PM
You mean like what Joe posted?

Only a moron would follow that logic trail.

Congrats, I guess.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dartgod
03-23-2011, 12:07 PM
Thats true...I accept that as being dumb-ass of me. :thumb:

:D
Posted via Mobile Device

Bearcat
03-23-2011, 12:09 PM

Because of dumb**** fans like Ari who believe this nonsense.

I don't believe it's true, but MU fans make me wonder sometimes... Nzoner even compared his joy over KU/UNI to MU winning it all. That's a pretty strong statement.

Like I said earlier, maybe if MU wound up in the NC game, or went to the FF a few times, I'd care more or would root against them harder... and with all the NC talk surrounding KU last season, I get why MU fans would take a lot of pleasure out of seeing them lose to UNI. It's the same as MU's bowl game last year... I cared more than usual because of all the talk about how MU got screwed, etc, only to lose to 1/2 an Iowa team. It's part of the rivalry... but to say KU losing is much like what MU winning it all would feel like? Doesn't seem like teedubya's statement was that far off.... :shrug:

teedubya
03-23-2011, 12:45 PM
I don't believe it's true, but MU fans make me wonder sometimes... Nzoner even compared his joy over KU/UNI to MU winning it all. That's a pretty strong statement.

Like I said earlier, maybe if MU wound up in the NC game, or went to the FF a few times, I'd care more or would root against them harder... and with all the NC talk surrounding KU last season, I get why MU fans would take a lot of pleasure out of seeing them lose to UNI. It's the same as MU's bowl game last year... I cared more than usual because of all the talk about how MU got screwed, etc, only to lose to 1/2 an Iowa team. It's part of the rivalry... but to say KU losing is much like what MU winning it all would feel like? Doesn't seem like teedubya's statement was that far off.... :shrug:

I talked w/ like 3 MU fans the night that KU lost to Texas... they were drunk, but they said they enjoyed that more than an MU basketball win. Maybe they were talking out of their ass, but maybe most MU fans don't like basketball. I don't know.

And maybe it's not MOST, like I said... but a vocal minority.

Dartgod
03-23-2011, 12:52 PM
I talked w/ like 3 MU fans the night that KU lost to Texas... they were drunk, but they said they enjoyed that more than an MU basketball win. Maybe they were talking out of their ass, but

And maybe it's not MOST, like I said... but a vocal minority.
I can believe that. Contrary to appearances, It's not like KU has a monopoly on idiot fans.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bambi
03-23-2011, 01:04 PM
What's better?

1. Seeing your most hated teams get so close to glory and then fall short that it brings a smile to your face?

2. Or witness their absolute destruction from the opening tip/kickoff?

Dartgod
03-23-2011, 01:07 PM
#2 in a landslide.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sofa King
03-23-2011, 01:11 PM
#2, and it's not even close.

ROYC75
03-23-2011, 01:17 PM

:LOL:Do you really believe this ?

:shake:

ROYC75
03-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

To be fair, they did try.o:-)

BTW, how ya been there big guy? Hope all is well.

ROYC75
03-23-2011, 01:24 PM
So we're at the bar last weekend during the NCAA games(myself and 3 friends) and I make the comment,"I hope there's a Northern Iowa in this year's tournament."

So we have 4 guys all who claim to be Mizzou fans but my comment splits the table at 2 & 2...2 who believe that no matter what if you're a diehard Mizzou fan then KU can suck it no matter what and 2 who believe that if your team is out then you cheer for the conference.

Of course I believe you cheer for MU and anyone who is playing KU as I do with the Chiefs and anyone who is playing the Broncos or Raiders.

Since I'm not fortunate enough to remember the Chiefs winning the Superbowl I can only describe my feelings watching Oakland getting thumped in the SB by Tampa and watching KU lose to the the likes of NI as pure elation and much like I'd think my team winning it all would feel.

So where do you stand on the issue,are you a oh well at least the conference/division is being represented or do you truly bleed your team's colors and the demise of your most hated rivals is pure ecstasy?

Awh come on Joe, sure you are not a little bias when all the people were your family ?:Poke:

Just think, one day you'll have grand kids that will attend KU!o:-)

Dartgod
03-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Doing great. The new job is keeping me quite busy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nzoner
03-23-2011, 06:10 PM

Damn boys does KU teach anything,because your reading comprehension sucks as I referred to "if your team is out" (which yes they usually are) and personally I think it's pretty focking stupid to even think I'd rather see a KU loss over an MU win.

And Ari I could give 2 shits about me not attending MU and going to CMSU,I was born in Missouri,went to school in Missouri,live in Missouri and I cheer for Missouri.

mlyonsd
03-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Damn boys does KU teach anything,because your reading comprehension sucks as I referred to "if your team is out" (which yes they usually are) and personally I think it's pretty focking stupid to even think I'd rather see a KU loss over an MU win.

And Ari I could give 2 shits about me not attending MU and going to CMSU,I was born in Missouri,went to school in Missouri,live in Missouri and I cheer for Missouri.

If I was reading the thread starter right you were asking if you were normal or not.

Yes you are. End of story.

Bearcat
03-23-2011, 06:15 PM

That wasn't really our point, but your example of "pure elation much like I'd think my team winning it all would feel" was KU vs UNI, and your team wasn't out of the tournament when that happened.

Fritz88
03-23-2011, 06:17 PM
I'd rather see a KU loss over an MU win.

Lulz
Posted via Mobile Device

Nzoner
03-23-2011, 06:19 PM
That wasn't really our point, but your example of "pure elation much like I'd think my team winning it all would feel" was KU vs UNI, and your team wasn't out of the tournament when that happened.

Like previously stated dude I'm a diehard NORMAL Mizzou fan and all I can say to get my point across is when I die I have requested they bury me face down in Missouri soil with my ass sticking out towards KU.

jojomontana
03-23-2011, 07:16 PM
For college, I support the conference... but only in bowl games and tournaments.

NFL - I hate all the AFCW rivals and always pull for them to fail. Period.

KCHawg
03-23-2011, 07:18 PM

This^

Reaper16
03-23-2011, 07:53 PM
I like to root for the KC area. When Missouri, Kansas and K-State are each successful, it's good for the area. That's why I don't actively root against KU.

kstater
03-23-2011, 07:57 PM
I root for KU all the time.

morphius
03-23-2011, 08:00 PM
It sort of depends on how passionate you are about "your" team. In college ball I just really don't have a horse in the game, I generally cheer for KU because my wife went there, but I cheer for most the old big 8 schools to do well. (Texas can kiss my butt) And in College ball everything is based on perceived strength of schedule, so I want the teams to do well so that the others look better.

But I'm a bit more passionate about the Chiefs, so I really despise everyone else in the conference.

teedubya
03-23-2011, 08:08 PM

Ding!

aturnis
03-23-2011, 08:18 PM
It's a college sports thing Nzoner. I still really have a hard time with it, as I am a Chiefs fan first and foremost. I try to cheer all Big Ten, but often find myself saying, "fuck Ohio State."

teedubya
03-23-2011, 08:30 PM
FTR, I have little to no ecstasy watching your programs demise today with your coach leaving. I felt that pain with Roy.

No schadenfreude from this KU guy.

Rain Man
03-23-2011, 08:42 PM
With regard to the opening post, rooting for your conference is like Hungary voting for the Nazis in World War II. Just because you're out of the game doesn't mean you should root for your enemies.

Nzoner
03-24-2011, 10:31 AM
FTR, I have little to no ecstasy watching your programs demise today with your coach leaving. I felt that pain with Roy.

No schadenfreude from this KU guy.

And yet you use the word demise?

Dartgod
03-24-2011, 10:42 AM
With regard to the opening post, rooting for your conference is like Hungary voting for the Nazis in World War II. Just because you're out of the game doesn't mean you should root for your enemies.
I don't know. Hungary probably talked them into bombing Pearl Harbor.

Molitoth
03-24-2011, 10:42 AM
I have ties to neither school so....

My family has all ties to Nebraska, so I'm a husker at heart. That said, I refuse to torture myself rooting for thier basketball team. My friend got me into watching MU basketball back in the day, so I do root for MU.

My wife's side of the family are huge Jayhawk fans, so I tend to root for them too.

If MU plays KU, I will root for MU. If KU is playing anyone besides MU, I will root for them.

Saulbadguy
03-24-2011, 10:52 AM
I have ties to neither school so....

My family has all ties to Nebraska, so I'm a husker at heart. That said, I refuse to torture myself rooting for thier basketball team. My friend got me into watching MU basketball back in the day, so I do root for MU.

My wife's side of the family are huge Jayhawk fans, so I tend to root for them too.

If MU plays KU, I will root for MU. If KU is playing anyone besides MU, I will root for them.

Wow, you sound like an awful person.

jbwm89
03-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Hah. This is rich. NZONER didn't even go to MU. Most KU fans that I know actually went to the school, like I did. Most of the MU fans that I know went to CMSU or SMSU... or no school at all.

You should try reading my post. I was explaining why Mu fans that did/do go to the school feel the way they do, that is all.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-25-2011, 12:48 PM
I would root for Al Qaeda if they played Kansas.

BIG_DADDY
03-25-2011, 01:02 PM
I would root for Al Qaeda if they played Kansas.

I'm sure have their jersey and everything.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-25-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm sure have their jersey and everything.

The eloquence of this sentence causes the stars to weep.

Nzoner
03-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Ding!

DONG!!!!

crossbow
03-27-2011, 11:00 PM
KU is basicly all this town has that gives this city any sports recognition. The Royals are an epic joke. The Chiefs haven't had a superbowl win in 50 years. Was it like 15 years ago when they beat the Houstan Oilers in a playoff game? I understand your view and could agree with it if any of the other teams around here could get off their arsses and do something but they don't. So the Jayhawks are all we got that the rest of the nation can respect. I hope they win a ton of championships and I wish MU would win even more.

ExtremeChief
03-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Always root against KU. Always.

Is KU losing like a win for Mizzou? Hell no. I wouldn't feel any better about this facade of a team Anderson put on the court if they had beaten KU this year.

As far as cheering for the conference? Meh. I really don't care about the conference that much I guess. I do think it's cool to see two mid-majors in the final four and I think it's great not to see KU or Duke in the FF.

I hope before I pass on I see the Chiefs in the Superbowl and MU play for a national championship. I'm not holding my breath though...

patteeu
03-28-2011, 05:37 AM
KU is basicly all this town has that gives this city any sports recognition. The Royals are an epic joke. The Chiefs haven't had a superbowl win in 50 years. Was it like 15 years ago when they beat the Houstan Oilers in a playoff game? I understand your view and could agree with it if any of the other teams around here could get off their arsses and do something but they don't. So the Jayhawks are all we got that the rest of the nation can respect. I hope they win a ton of championships and I wish MU would win even more.

I don't think there are many people outside of this area that associate Kansas City with KU basketball.

chief husker
03-28-2011, 06:22 AM
Being from Cedar Falls I wish Northern Iowa was in too...

Since it it is common knowledge UNI grads are brilliant, it would be nice to have UNI there.